PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the NAMM show?.

wetandwild
01-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Who's going to the NAMM show this year?.

RiverKitty
01-16-2003, 03:52 PM
Errr...what's that??? :confused:

BlownHowardCat
01-16-2003, 05:07 PM
can ya get me in ?????? I know its an industry only show

Jordy
01-16-2003, 05:10 PM
RiverKitty:
Errr...what's that??? :confused: Guess you're not going eh?

twistedpair
01-16-2003, 05:32 PM
You mean the MAN Show? Jimmy Kimmell, Adam Carolla, And ya' gotta love the Juggies!! wink :D

BlownHowardCat
01-16-2003, 05:36 PM
Its a music industry show.........kinda like the sema show for the auto industry.......got it ?......I wanna go....usually lots o famous musicians showin off the newest music gear.....hey wetandwild....i posted something on yur other thread.......laterzzzzzz

wetandwild
01-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey BlownHowardCat,Got a Extra pass maybe 2.Wanna go?.Call Me at 1-323-687-9837.EddieVanHalen is playing on saturday.

RiverKitty
01-16-2003, 05:55 PM
jordanpaulk:
RiverKitty:
Errr...what's that??? :confused: Guess you're not going eh? Heck Ya! I love to go...but it's in California & I have no tickets! *pout*
Here's The Scoop:
101st NAMM SHOW OPENS IN ANAHEIM
Record Number of Exhibitors Set as Industry Association Gathers to Preview Latest Musical Products
ANAHEIM, Calif., January 16, 2003—Continuing its long history of success, the 101st NAMM Show opened today, bringing together a record 1,309 exhibiting companies, a record number of international attendees and thousands of retail buyers for the music products industry’s largest annual event in the United States.
Show organizer NAMM, the International Music Products Association, expects to attract approximately 65,000 attendees over the four-day period, possibly exceeding its record attendance last year. The show, which runs today through January 19 at the Anaheim Convention Center, is open to members of the international music products industry and media who cover musical instruments and products.
After a solid sales year fueled by increasing positive perceptions about the value of making music, attendees of this year’s NAMM Show can preview the latest music products headed for retail shelves in 2003, and learn ways to make their businesses more successful in the coming year through NAMM University seminars, roundtable discussions and conversations with others in the industry.
“In a year filled with challenges, more people around the world turned to music and music making,” said Joe Lamond, president and CEO, NAMM. “Research has shown that making music can help a child reach their full potential in school, help older adults achieve significant health benefits and provide meaningful fun and recreation at all ages. They say you can tell the relative health of an industry by the strength of its trade shows,” Lamond continued. “By that measure, the future of music making is bright indeed!”
New in ’03
This year’s show will include a special concert to benefit NAMM’s music education charities on January 17 at the Anaheim Pond featuring Sir Elton John, hosted by “Will & Grace” star Eric McCormack and a wealth of artists including, Vanessa Carlton, Ray Charles, Nikka Costa, Amy Grant, Bruce Hornsby, Jewel, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, John Mayer, Michael McDonald, Brian McKnight, Randy Newman, Take 6, Rufus Wainwright and Brian Wilson. Out on the floor, NAMM Show attendees can also expect to see a very diverse collection of musical gear, from traditional band instruments to the latest computer hardware and software for home recording enthusiasts.
About NAMM
The International Music Products Association, commonly called NAMM in reference to the organization’s popular NAMM trade shows, is the not-for-profit association that unifies, leads and strengthens the $16 billion global musical instruments and products industry. NAMM’s activities and programs are designed to promote music making to people of all ages. NAMM is comprised of approximately 8,000 member companies. For more information about NAMM, interested parties can visit www.namm.com (http://www.namm.com) or call 800-767-NAMM (6266).

No strESSEX
01-16-2003, 06:09 PM
I'll be there tommorow and most likely, Saturday. Should be a good show this year.

RiverKitty
01-16-2003, 06:17 PM
No strESSEX:
I'll be there tommorow and most likely, Saturday. Should be a good show this year. So No strESSEX, what instrument do you play???

No strESSEX
01-16-2003, 06:24 PM
RiverKitty:
No strESSEX:
I'll be there tommorow and most likely, Saturday. Should be a good show this year. So No strESSEX, what instrument do you play??? I'm a professional Trumpet player. I also help book talent for Essence Entertainment, a talent agency in Orange County.

mbrown2
01-16-2003, 06:31 PM
I still don't get how...
NAMM = International Music Products Association :confused: ....But it does sound like cool show
So did Pete Townsend ever play this show, or did he play at the NAMBLA convention? :) :D :)
[ January 16, 2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

RiverKitty
01-16-2003, 06:43 PM
No strESSEX:
I'm a professional Trumpet player. I also help book talent for Essence Entertainment, a talent agency in Orange County. So is that like being an *agent*???

No strESSEX
01-16-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure why it changed but for years NAMM stood for North America Music Merchants. :confused:

mbrown2
01-16-2003, 06:48 PM
No strESSEX:
I'm not sure why it changed but for years NAMM stood for North America Music Merchants. :confused: Now that makes perfect sense...thnx for the info.

No strESSEX
01-16-2003, 06:49 PM
RiverKitty:
No strESSEX:
I'm a professional Trumpet player. I also help book talent for Essence Entertainment, a talent agency in Orange County. So is that like being an *agent*??? It is, however my partner is considered the Talent Manager or agent why I focus more on various accounts. We also have a separate production company that produces touring shows.
Sorry, it sounds like I'm spaming. Is that such a word?

superdave013
01-16-2003, 06:57 PM
No strESSEX:
I'm not sure why it changed but for years NAMM stood for North America Music Merchants. :confused: That's what it was always called all the times I went to it. I've been to about 10 of them. Hell, I only play the stero and don't even do that real well. But I used to work in a studio years ago and got to tag along. (I can go the rest of my life with out hearing the 1K test tones and lining up Studer 64 heads too)
What a freaking party. Winter NAMM's are alway in Anaheim but the summer NAMM's are in different places.
Talk about seeing the best of the very best play in rooms the size of your living rooms. That's the place to see it.
I live about 5 blocks from the Anaheim convention center so if anyone has an extra tickit hook me up!

RiverKitty
01-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Woo Hoo!!! I'm going, I'm GOING!!!
Watch out California....Here I come!!! :D

No strESSEX
01-16-2003, 07:32 PM
superdave013:
I live about 5 blocks from the Anaheim convention center so if anyone has an extra tickit hook me up! I would love to hook you up but I only have one ticket right now. Good luck!

Jordy
01-16-2003, 07:35 PM
mbrown2:
I still don't get how...
NAMM = International Music Products Association :confused: ....But it does sound like cool show
So did Pete Townsend ever play this show, or did play at the NAMBLA convention? :) :D :) Don't worry, I thought it was pretty funny... :D

mbrown2
01-16-2003, 08:09 PM
jordanpaulk:
mbrown2:
I still don't get how...
So did Pete Townsend ever play this show, or did play at the NAMBLA convention? :) :D :) Don't worry, I thought it was pretty funny... :D I figured someone savvy would catch it... :)

No strESSEX
01-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Actually I caught it too. Pretty F..in funny!
I just wasn't savvy enough to respond. :rolleyes:

Charley
01-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Gees guys if I had known a lil earlier I could have scored all of you guys passes...1 week out and passes to the namm show are a phone call away but the night before I'm leaving for the river is too late...sorry...if anyone remembers next year email me a week b4.
by the way if anyone is going we were involved in the cerwin vega booth,krk booth, stanton booth, yamaha's party and sabians party... it's been a good january :D

BlownHowardCat
01-17-2003, 08:57 AM
<~~~~~~~is going to e-mail charley next year for namm show tickets