PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Fest!

Mandelon
02-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Here's my birthday dinner on the way to the oven.... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Lobstertray.JPG
The only bad thing was I had to "off them" myself. They squirmed a bit, but no noise...
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/lobsterknife.JPG
Sho' was tasty!!!! :p :p

twistedpair
02-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Happy Birthday! So, what does everyone else get to eat! :D

ACCEPTENCE
02-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Pacific spinies!!!!! The SCORE!!!!! :D :D :D
Course the second pic looks a bit short eek!

RiverKitty
02-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Hey Mandelon!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!!!!!!!! :D
Dang! Those lobsters look YUMMY!!!
I guess my invitation got lost in the mail too! :(
Maybe next year! :p
So where's the pic of you with your birthday cake??
How many candles,eh??? ;o)

77charger
02-04-2003, 07:09 PM
i better break out my dive gear i went out opening night and twice that week i got some nice sized ones.Only one more month left to go til it is over til oct.

ACCEPTENCE
02-04-2003, 07:18 PM
Need to git out as well. Steak and lobster on the BBQ at the river!!!!! The time to stock up the freezer is now...burrrrrr
Big dividends later!!!!!

jm2drvr
02-04-2003, 09:00 PM
my freezer is still packed with those bugs, not even room for any ice cream.

dcb 26 machman
02-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Well pass some this way!

HammerDown
02-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Lobster, they aint no Lobsters ....they look like Crawfish! LOL... Where's the big fat Claws?
Nothing like a Maine Lobster!

Blown 472
02-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Dont cha boil them??

HCS
02-05-2003, 08:55 AM
Nothing like cooked bugs.

mo
02-05-2003, 09:51 AM
The best thing about Pacific lobster is that they come with their own de-veiner. If you look at the second picture and notice the two long antenna, those are what you use to clean them.
You start off by twisting the body and the tail apart. Discard the head but not before pulling off one of the long thick antenna. Turn the tail over and locate the pooper on the lobster and then you jam the antenna all the way through. The spines on the antenna face towards your hand, once you push it and pull out the spines will pull out the poop chute completely.
Rinse, cook, and serve!

RiverKitty
02-05-2003, 09:59 AM
The last lobster(s) I ate were Main Lobster's. When the guy flew to Denver from Main, he brought the lobster's (still alive) along with him on the airplane. They were caught fresh out of the ocean the day before.
That evening (and they were still alive) he turned them over on thier heads to "put them to sleep".(?) Then took a huge Boiling pot of water...then in they went!
Dang! The best lobster I've EVER tasted!!!
Errr....."I'm getting hungry!!!" LOL!!! :p

spectratoad
02-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Ok by reading the posts alot of your dive for your own lobster. Where do you go and what type of equipment? Do you need full dive gear? I was snorkling down in Mexico and saw a lobster, is Cal like this?

Blown 472
02-05-2003, 01:28 PM
RiverKitty:
The last lobster(s) I ate were Main Lobster's. When the guy flew to Denver from Main, he brought the lobster's (still alive) along with him on the airplane. They were caught fresh out of the ocean the day before.
That evening (and they were still alive) he turned them over on thier heads to "put them to sleep".(?) Then took a huge Boiling pot of water...then in they went!
Dang! The best lobster I've EVER tasted!!!
Errr....."I'm getting hungry!!!" LOL!!! :p Lobster is like hamburger in Maine, it is everywhere, even at Mcdonolds.

78Eliminator
02-05-2003, 01:29 PM
I like crawdad.

Blown 472
02-05-2003, 01:31 PM
78Eliminator:
I like crawdad. I was in Lousiana and they bring them out on these big ol platters and people dig in.

Screaming Pete
02-05-2003, 01:36 PM
78Eliminator:
I like crawdad. Dang 78, Whats up with the rubber and glue tag line, not feeling loved?? argue

gnarley
02-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Lobster is great but I think our Dungeness Crab tastes better & so does the wife who grew up in New England! We get the Dungeness for $2.99 a pound! What a deal :D

Mandelon
02-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Nice Avatar Blown! Where did you find her? On some singles site again? :D :D wink

77charger
02-05-2003, 05:04 PM
spectratoad:
Ok by reading the posts alot of your dive for your own lobster. Where do you go and what type of equipment? Do you need full dive gear? I was snorkling down in Mexico and saw a lobster, is Cal like this? the season runs fro mthe last sat in oct to sometime in march(it ends on a wed)I know people who have snorkeled for them with good results but you have to have fast hands.I myself scuba dive for them but time is short during the week now and hard to get out on the weekends.I might try for this weekend though.

Mandelon
02-05-2003, 05:08 PM
One of our family friends is a commercial fisherman here in San Diego, he brings home all kinds of tasty morsels, Tuna, cod, etc. He once gave me a 5 gallon bucket full of 6" shrimp still squirmin in the bucket. He sets traps and picks em up every few days.
One time He bought a pallet of expired cat food. I asked him what was the deal with that??? He opens the cans, and drops them in the traps for bait.

beyondhelpin
02-05-2003, 08:52 PM
When I lived in San Diego I went with some buds diving for lobster. We cokked them right on the boat. Damn they were good! Only problem we ate so many I was craving a peanut butter sandwich!!! To much of a good thing!