PDA

View Full Version : Good accomodations in Cabo...

HighRoller
08-20-2003, 05:24 AM
As CEO of HighRoller Enterprises I have made one of those tough business decisions.I'm going to Cabo San Lucas in October to attend Sammy Hagar's B-Day bash at the Cabo Wabo Cantina.I've never been there so I'm soliciting opinions and advice on the best places to stay and hang out.Some of the things I need to know are:
Rent a car or use public trans/cabs?
Get a room in town or travel back and forth from a place further away?
What are some good activities(other than drinking) such as cocktail cruises or that kinda stuff?

hot_diggity_dog
08-20-2003, 05:36 AM
Just remember what Happens in Cabo Stay's in Cabo wink
HDD :cool:

Essex502
08-20-2003, 06:21 AM
There are a number of fine hotels in Cabo. I'd recommend using the taxi and staying in Cabo itself. Most of the great places to hang are walking distance from the center of town. When we're down there we actually stay outside Cabo itself in San Jose del Cabo but we are there first and foremost to fish. Then we drive into Cabo for the nighttime activities.
Cabo Hotels (http://www.cabohotels.com/)
or
More Cabo Stuff (http://www.loscabosguide.com/)

Schiada76
08-20-2003, 07:12 AM
Stay at the Sol Mar. Demand a room on the sand best beach in town except you can't swim due to the surf. You can walk to Cabo Wabo and all the clubs or take a cab. Get in line early if you're going to be there on Sammy's birthday
Why would would you want to do anything other than drink (well fish) in Cabo anyway? :D

HighRoller
08-20-2003, 07:54 AM
Why would would you want to do anything other than drink (well fish) in Cabo anyway? Silly me.My friends have warned me that it's the official sport there.They said they boarded the dinner cruise boat at 6pm stone cold sober and when the boat docked at 8:30pm everyone onboard except the crew was drunk.Not just silly drunk,but totally flat ass hammered out of their skull!!I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-20-2003, 08:05 AM
I'd say stay in Cabo San Lucas (not San Jose). You can walk anywhere during the day and take a cab at night (just a couple of bucks-5 at the most) Rent a car for a day or two to take an excursion if you feel you must. There are two sides of the peninsula (I know, DUH!) The side that the "Sol Mar" is on is the pacific side and has high surf. Forget about swimming on the beach. The other side is the sea of Cortez side. It is much calmer, but you can't watch the waves break. But definantly stay in town. You don't want to have to drive a rental car back after partying with Sammy on his birthday, nor do you want to pay $30 for a cab to take you back.

HighRoller
08-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Anyone ever rented a villa instead of staying at the hotels?They look pretty sweet,kinda like a condo with a big ass pool out back overlooking the ocean.If I could scape up a few more people to go I'd rent one of those things and let the party begin!!!

tsunami
08-20-2003, 08:26 AM
Stayed at the Pubelo Bonito Rose' resort last month and found the accomodation very nice. If you want to go five stars then try the Pueblo Bonito at Sunset Beach. Again the surf is very rough on that side but the rooms are all suites and very very nice. All the rooms have an ocean view and the sunsets are unbelievable. Shuttles take you into town about a 10 minute trip.

CAHotRodBoy
08-20-2003, 08:45 AM
HR,
I own a time share in Pueblo Bonito Rose. It's a very nice place and I am considering selling the time share (too far to tow my boat! :D ). If you are interested in buying at a good price, let me know. I would also be willing to sell my week. I actually have two weeks this year because I didn't use it last year and banked it.

azsyndicate
08-20-2003, 10:27 AM
WOW! I was just at Cabo the first week of Aug. I Stayed at Pueblo Bonito Rose this time as well. The resort was very nice and I was able to walk to town when ever I wanted. Taxi cab was 6-8 bucks a trip, depending on the amount of people and how busy the cabs were.
Next to the Pueblo Bonito Rose was a resort that had mini villas with a Jacuzzi on the balcony. Next time I go I want to stay there.
Thing I recommend to do:
Fish, OMG you can not go to Cabo and NOT deep sea fish. This time I only caught two 40+lbs yellow fin tuna (last time was a 230lbs marlin) Send me a msg if you want info on fishing.
Eat at the Stop Light restaurant. They will also give you a feast for $6 a person if you bring in what you caught. Ask for the owner Jose.
Eat at Tabasco's on the beach.
Eat at the Mesquite for a nice romantic meal.
Do the booze cruise.
Visit lovers Beach.
Drink at every bar you see.
Drink at the little bars in Cabo Wabo's courtyard.
Drink tequilla off stage at Cabo Wabo when Jorge start to pour out free shots.
here are some pics on the web from my vist 2 years ago. http://community.webshots.com/album/46009784FRbiSw
[ August 20, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: azsyndicate ]

carbonmarine
08-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Two Words:
Las Ventanas........
Rick32