PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Intoxication Limit????

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 09:07 AM
So I just got a call from my buddy who live's there. He said they just changed the alcohol consumption limit for driver's. He didnt get the exact figure, but apperantly now you cant have even one beer in your system.....???? Anyone have clarification?
I guess on the news show they guy was drinking beer on air and getting tested. Half a beer was already the limit.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Does it matter Brandon? Don't drink and drive, simple as that.

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:13 AM
I would be interested in knowing this.
I don't consider drinking 2 beers while at the sandbar for 6 hours drinking and driving but I would hate to get rolled for keeping hydrated. :)

Boatcop
03-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Legal impaired limit is .08% for driving (boat or motor vehicle). Set by state law. Cities or counties cannot impose any lower limits.
For those under 21, any measurable alcohol (.01% or more) in the system while driving a vehicle or operating a boat is a violation of State Liquor laws.
For commercial drivers, the impaired limit is .04%, while driving in a commercial status.

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Like Cole said. I normally have a beer or two max. when Im in one spot for a few hours. If im going to drink I have a DD.
I have learned my lesson.

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Legal impaired limit is .08% for driving (boat or motor vehicle). Set by state law. Cities or counties cannot impose any lower limits.
For those under 21, any measurable alcohol (.01% or more) in the system while driving a vehicle or operating a boat is a violation of State Liquor laws.
For commercial drivers, the impaired limit is .04%, while driving in a commercial status.
Thanks alan...for an average body size is the any telling how much will reach .08 ???

al cole'holic
03-17-2006, 09:20 AM
...with all the people getting ranned over the last couple of seasons, I guess not drinking anything but water is a good idea. Sucks for the boat owners who have to deal with all the drunk passengers but oh well... :)

miss baja
03-17-2006, 09:20 AM
true the limit is way low, but remember that most people can process 1 oz of alcohol an hour..just pace yourself and drink water!!!

Hardly Satisfied
03-17-2006, 09:21 AM
just have someone else drive that does not drink

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Like Cole said. I normally have a beer or two max. when Im in one spot for a few hours. If im going to drink I have a DD.
I have learned my lesson.
I like to get to the sandbar and then raise my hatch and act like my motor is broke so someone will tow me home. :crossx:
Any rules about being towed while drunk? :idea:

Mrs. casean
03-17-2006, 09:24 AM
I like to get to the sandbar and then raise my hatch and act like my motor is broke so someone will tow me home. :crossx:
So if we see you out there w/ the hatch open, you may not really be broken down :D Good plan Brandin :D

Her454
03-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Interesting question if you were sitting behind the wheel. Boatcop?

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:26 AM
So if we see you out there w/ the hatch open, you may not really be broken down :D Good plan Brandin :D
One way or another I still need a tow!!! :p

Mrs. casean
03-17-2006, 09:27 AM
One way or another I still need a tow!!! :p
I like that! Any time :D

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:28 AM
just have someone else drive that does not drink
I am still looking for a couple friends that meet that criteria..... :220v:
No luck yet :rollside:

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:29 AM
I like that! Any time :D
I am getting the itch pretty bad!!!!
I think the Rhino is done for the season and it's time to get the boat out on the water.

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 09:29 AM
I believe that still counts as being under way. Might be wrong but if you are not anchored or tied down your are considered under way regardless if the engine is running or not. Can anybody confirm this...
I would think so, since in a car if your parked and sleeping with the keys in the ignition, it is still considered attempting to drive.....

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 09:30 AM
I have one for now...He is training for the BAJA race...so he cant drink... :crossx: you wanna borrow him..??? lol..good guy.. :220v:

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:30 AM
I believe that still counts as being under way. Might be wrong but if you are not anchored or tied down your are considered under way regardless if the engine is running or not. Can anybody confirm this...
It will be interesting to hear what Alan says.
When I am being towed the motor is not running and I am usually on the bow to protect the boats.

Tom Brown
03-17-2006, 09:32 AM
I have a buddy who quit drinking about 10 days ago. The doctor put him on the wagon for 6 weeks while he runs a couple of tests.
He's a great guy. Let me know if you need a DD. :cool:

NOTALENT
Haha...after I blew my motor the 2nd time last season, I got sooo pissed I grabbed the bottle of grey goose and started to pound while we were getting towed in.....once we reached shore...I was done... :crossx:

BarryMac
Smartest thing I've heard today...

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:33 AM
I have one for now...He is training for the BAJA race...so he cant drink... :crossx: you wanna borrow him..??? lol..good guy.. :220v:
Whats he rent out for a day? :p
Now if we could start a service where the DD's are uber hot women that can drive a boat and back a trailer down a ramp we might have something;) :idea:
We could hire Linds but she always has a coors light in her hand :crossx:

Hustler
03-17-2006, 09:34 AM
OH boy!!! Whers RD?

Tom Brown
OH boy!!! Whers RD?
Don't worry... he's been called. :D

Mrs. casean
Now if we could start a service where the DD's are uber hot women that can drive a boat and back a trailer down a ramp we might have something;) :idea:
Hey now! :p If I have been told that Sean wants to drive all day... then I'm having a beer dammit! :D If I know I'm driving, no C.L's for me! I have to pry him away from the drivers seat sometimes so I can drive! He loves driving... I guess I can't complain! I offer to be the DD all the time though... :D

Her454
03-17-2006, 09:35 AM
I have a buddy who quit drinking about 10 days ago. The doctor put him on the wagon for 6 weeks while he runs a couple of tests.
He's a great guy. Let me know if you need a DD. :cool:
I half expected to see his comments in this thread already LOL............
Hi Tom ;)

Jordy
03-17-2006, 09:36 AM
OH boy!!! Whers RD?
On the wagon I hear. Next thing you know he'll be calling for lower BAC limits. Hell is freezing right now. :D :D :D

Hustler
03-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Don't worry... he's been called. :D
I'm sure as soon as this thread went up his drinking and driving radar went off :220v: :D

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:37 AM
On the wagon I hear. Next thing you know he'll be calling for lower BAC limits. Hell is freezing right now. :D :D :D
If this is true I am selling my boat and moving to tibet to become a Monk;)

Tom Brown
03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I half expected to see his comments in this thread already LOL............
You know what would be unfockingbelievably funny... is if RD went on the waggon and then started whining about all the ignorant and immature shit that goes on when people drink. :D :D :D
I had no idea my friends were idiots!
:D :D :D :D :D
Hi Traci. :)

NOTALENT
I dunno....probably free...haha..
That idea has major pontential....money to be made there indeed...and you can even insure the women...!!! :crossx:

Hustler
There you telling fairy tails again Jordy.

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Hey now! :p If I have been told that Sean wants to drive all day... then I'm having a beer dammit! :D If I know I'm driving, no C.L's for me! I have to pry him away from the drivers seat sometimes so I can drive! He loves driving... I guess I can't complain! I offer to be the DD all the time though... :D
I think I am going to sell my boat and ride with you two all summer.
It will probably be more fun and cost me alot less money!!! :crossx:

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:40 AM
I dunno....probably free...haha..
That idea has major pontential....money to be made there indeed...and you can even insure the women...!!! :crossx:
Women are to high risk to insure.
I would rather roll with you and manage our ASSets :crossx: :)

Havasu_Dreamin
Don't drink and drive, simple as that.
Exactly.

Tom Brown
No... Jordy's info is right from the breathalyzer test orifice.

little rowe boat
03-17-2006, 09:41 AM
They can set the limit wherever they want for all I care. If it keeps people safe from the drunken idiots, more power to them.

Jordy
03-17-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm telling ya, check RRL. It's serious as a heart attack unless the Little Mister himself is pulling a St. Patty's Day prank. On the wagon... or off the wagon depending on your Seinfeld perspective. :D

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Women are to high risk to insure.
I would rather roll with you and manage our ASSets :crossx: :)
haha...that can be arranged...Im working on a major hottie right now...not 21 yet so she can drive...I just got to train her.... :crossx:

Mrs. casean
03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
I think I am going to sell my boat and ride with you two all summer.
It will probably be more fun and cost me alot less money!!! :crossx:
You are welcome to come w/ us anytime! We'll just stop by and pick you guys up :D If you just want a day to drink it up and party, let us know!
This is a good thread... not saying it's good to drink and drive, but lets start off the season refreshing our minds of what the limits are and prevent accidents and trouble for others.

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:49 AM
You are welcome to come w/ us anytime! We'll just stop by and pick you guys up :D If you just want a day to drink it up and party, let us know!
This is a good thread... not saying it's good to drink and drive, but lets start off the season refreshing our minds of what the limits are and prevent accidents and trouble for others.
Sweet... I will bring my 2 coolers,3 floaties,swim fins,6 friends and Bama. :p
<--------- leaving for the river right now pick me up in 4 hours!!! :crossx:
On a more serious note I belive we are making light of a serious situation and I do not condone or endorse boating while drinking.
With any luck we can actually learn a couple things today that will help us have a great and safe year on the water. :)

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
So....
If you are being towed or free floating on the lake and DO NOT have keys in the ignition while legally drunk are you considerd BUI?
I believe the answer is yes but would appreciate a clarification.....
Still interested to know what would go down if this happend?
If a officer pulls up and 4 people are floating with the keys out of the ignition who do they get as the driver?
I have heard of people breaking down and drinking with no issues when the ranger towed them to a dock.

Mrs. casean
03-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Sweet... I will bring my 2 coolers,3 floaties,swim fins,6 friends and Bama. :p
<--------- leaving for the river right now pick me up in 4 hours!!! :crossx:
On a more serious note I belive we are making light of a serious situation and I do not condone or endorse boating while drinking.
With any luck we can actually learn a couple things today that will help us have a great and safe year on the water. :)
Bama is welcome on the boat :D
This is a serious topic... for sure. I'm glad people are concerned w/ these rather than just going out and thinking they can drink a few and go drive when in fact they may be over the limit! Thanks for all Boatcops Input!!!

Her454
03-17-2006, 09:53 AM
So....
If you are being towed or free floating on the lake and DO NOT have keys in the ignition while legally drunk are you considerd BUI?
I believe the answer is yes but would appreciate a clarification.....
So, if someone breaks down towing me on the tube and we are waiting for rescue and I am having a few Jello snacks, can I be arrested for tubing while eating Jello Shots even tho we are technically not moving and I am not driving LOL?

Tom Brown
03-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Maybe? If you are free floating you are under way in the boat T....
Really? That would be like being arrested for doing heroin at a Rolling Stones reunion concert. It's just not right. :(

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 10:08 AM
I think that would be the registered owner of the vehicle.
Pretty tough to prove in court.(I am thinking a good lawyer could get you off since there is no proof who was behind the wheel)

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Not really...I think that is a black/white issue concerning the law
Still pretty slim....(Your killing my break down plan big time!! :p )
When being towed you have no control of the boat regardless of who is the registered owner.
I think the trouble would be once you got to the ramp and someone went for the truck and trailer.

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Still pretty slim....(Your killing my break down plan big time!! :p )
When being towed you have no control of the boat regardless of who is the registered owner.
I think the trouble would be once you got to the ramp and someone went for the truck and trailer.
yup...thats where they get you....lots of cops waiting and testing at the launch ramps...I hope the drunks get what they deserve!

OneFastOne164
03-17-2006, 10:25 AM
DAMMIT COLE,
I fell for your "broken Motor" story last year and gave ya a tug back in. Now that I know that works do you mind if I use that little trick too???

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 10:31 AM
DAMMIT COLE,
I fell for your "broken Motor" story last year and gave ya a tug back in. Now that I know that works do you mind if I use that little trick too???
I always pass out beer to pay for my rides;)
Your welcome to my idea... but I only stop and tow boats that have more women than men :crossx: :p
I also make all the women ride in my boat to help keep the stress down on the rope. :idea:

andy01
03-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Man I couldn't have said it better myself!

Tom Brown
03-17-2006, 10:40 AM
If we can't drink at the lake, what's the point of going at all? :(
Banning alcohol will cost LHC a lot of money. Don't worry... they'll come crawling back and by then, they'll be handing out condoms and bleech for syringes too.

andy01
03-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Banning alcohol will cost LHC a lot of money. Don't worry... they'll come crawling back and by then, they'll be handing out condoms and bleech for syringes too.
No matter how much money you think boaters bring to Havasu it still doesn't touch what the snow birds bring and they don't get all shitty and start fights or wrech boats or throw trash all over the beachs. :)
Andy

Tom Brown
03-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Are you saying I can't have fun because of a bunch of Canadians who can't stand the snow? :confused:
Nuke Canada! :mad:

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Thats it I am selling everything and moving to Canada and buying a 100 acres in the middle of nowhere.

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 11:26 AM
haha..isnt the village forsale right now???

Wake Havasu
03-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Not being a drinker I am not up to speed on the laws.
Is it OK for passengers to drink while boat is in motion?
How about in the channel?
Can you drink when beached?
I saw a couple of girls yesterday doing a beer bong beached in the channel, is this legal?

NOTALENT
03-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Not being a drinker I am not up to speed on the laws.
Is it OK for passengers to drink while boat is in motion?
How about in the channel?
Can you drink when beached?
I saw a couple of girls yesterday doing a beer bong beached in the channel, is this legal?
Others can drink on the boat as long as there of age.
as of now its ok in the channel and beached, but I think once you get past the wall they can bust u for drinking or drunk in public???
I have done many beer bongs in the channel and have not gotten busted... :crossx:

RiverDave
03-17-2006, 11:51 AM
If this is true I am selling my boat and moving to tibet to become a Monk;)
How much are you selling it for... It's true. LOL Dr.'s orders n shiznit.. :(
Overall though even though I don't drink, my views on the subject haven't changed at all. Drinking and driving isn't dangerous if done RESPONSIBLY. Inexperience (I.E. just let this guy who has never driven a boat before drive since he isn't drinking) is far more dangerous then an old river guy just idling home from the bar..
For all the haters, the coastguard agrees with me. #1 cause of accidents/incidents on the water = inexperience not alcohol.
The more we let people take away civil liberties, the less freedom we as Americans will have to enjoy.
RD

RiverDave
03-17-2006, 11:58 AM
And while one might think that's the case, I don't believe it to be true.. Atleast not for other agencies outside of La Paz. I know a guy in the keys that was backing his boat out of the madness on the southern sandbar becuase his "DD" wasn't so sure about manuevering the boat in tight spaces. Cops stop him, he explains the situation, they say no dice basically and he blows.. Well he blows under .08, and they explain to him that unfortunately for him on that particular holliday weekend (memorial day last year) they had a "zero tolerance" on drinking and driving that they were enforcing, proceed to arrest him, and take his ass (having trouble remembering if it was Yuma or Needles now?) an hour outside of Parker, in the back of a hotass paddy wagon with a bunch of drunks. He was pissed to say the least. I'm going to see him next weekend, I'll ask if they try to charge him with OUI or not. I'm pretty sure they didn't, but I'll find out to be sure.
RD

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 12:06 PM
How much are you selling it for... It's true. LOL Dr.'s orders n shiznit.. :(
Overall though even though I don't drink, my views on the subject haven't changed at all. Drinking and driving isn't dangerous if done RESPONSIBLY. Inexperience (I.E. just let this guy who has never driven a boat before drive since he isn't drinking) is far more dangerous then an old river guy just idling home from the bar..
For all the haters, the coastguard agrees with me. #1 cause of accidents/incidents on the water = inexperience not alcohol.
The more we let people take away civil liberties, the less freedom we as Americans will have to enjoy.
RD
Health is a very important and serious thing....
With that being said I hope your OK and can continue to go to the river and have a good time for many many many years.
Sounds like your taking the warrnings serious and doing the right thing.(Hopefully everything is good and we can still share some beers soon)

RiverDave
03-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Health is a very important and serious thing....
With that being said I hope your OK and can continue to go to the river and have a good time for many many many years.
Sounds like your taking the warrnings serious and doing the right thing.(Hopefully everything is good and we can still share some beers soon)
Well it doesn't sound like that's going to happen, becuase your going to be selling your boat (most likely to me becuase I know it and like it), and then your going off to tibet to be a monk last I heard? :D :D
You going up this weekend? Gordo's B-day is always a goodtime. :)
Myself and another guy will be drinking waters and sodas all weekend.
RD

Jbb
03-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Hey Dave......Lets Party.....lol.... :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860rockandrollbaby.jpg

RiverDave
03-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Brian, one thing all these years of drinking has taught me.. You can drink em pretty, but you can't drink em skinny. ;) :D
RD

Tom Brown
03-17-2006, 12:15 PM
You can drink em pretty, but you can't drink em skinny.
STV_Keith can.

Jbb
03-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Brian, one thing all these years of drinking has taught me.. You can drink em pretty, but you can't drink em skinny. ;) :D
RD
lol....Pearls...... :p

Cole Trickle
03-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Well it doesn't sound like that's going to happen, becuase your going to be selling your boat (most likely to me becuase I know it and like it), and then your going off to tibet to be a monk last I heard? :D :D
RD
Everything I own is for sale if the dollar amount is right!!;)
I am pretty sure when you quit something it means for life not until your cleared by the Dr. 4 weeks from now. :crossx: :220v: :idea:
When are you guys going out?(You say this weekend but that would mean today?)

Tequila-John
03-17-2006, 12:40 PM
So I just got a call from my buddy who live's there. He said they just changed the alcohol consumption limit for driver's. He didnt get the exact figure, but apperantly now you cant have even one beer in your system.....???? Anyone have clarification?
I guess on the news show they guy was drinking beer on air and getting tested. Half a beer was already the limit.
True you can't have anything. If the cops smell alcohol they can take you to jail. If you say i had "1 BEER" hehe SEE U LATER. Your will get arrested

Wakker
03-17-2006, 12:50 PM
RD
Welcome to the club, mothafukka... :)

Dan Lorenze
03-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Does Havasu have any kind of service where you can hire a designated driver to drive your boat?

djunkie
03-17-2006, 01:44 PM
RD
Since your gonna be sober, tell Gordon I said Happy B-Day. :rollside:

cxr133
03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Does Havasu have any kind of service where you can hire a designated driver to drive your boat?
DEPENDS on how bitchen your boat is...... if its badass ill sign up but no guarantee wont leave your drunk asseses at the sandbar while i take a pleasure cruise and front like its my boat :220v: