PDA

View Full Version : Why Havasu ??

SummerBreeze
06-02-2003, 09:44 AM
The reasons why I like Havasu is... It's a not stop boat show. Clean water, Sandy beaches, Hot temps. Lots of eye candy. It's a great place for boating. In fact I think it's #1 the best place for boating. There maybe better places to water ski but you can get up early and get that at Havasu too.

Rod-64
06-02-2003, 09:54 AM
1. Floating Burger Stand
2. Floating Bathrooms
3. Papa Leone's pizza
4. Copper Canyon
and Beer :cool: :D

Kilrtoy
06-02-2003, 09:56 AM
BUT THE #1 REASON,
I still feel like i'm in L.A. with all the gang bangers on get skis

miller19j
06-02-2003, 09:58 AM
I have never been to Havasu so I am probably not the best person to comment. But for some reason this does not look like fun to me.
http://www.bobbyhayden.com/1Memorial2003.JPG

dimarcobros
06-02-2003, 09:59 AM
Is there any other???

Jrocket
06-02-2003, 10:02 AM
miller19j:
I have never been to Havasu so I am probably not the best person to comment. But for some reason this does not look like fun to me.
http://www.bobbyhayden.com/1Memorial2003.JPG Just dont try to breath there... :D

Jbb
06-02-2003, 10:02 AM
I bet the local gelcoat repair people love Holiday weekends..I am with Miller I would be too worried about my gelcoat to have fun....Unless I was a passenger.......Dave?.. :D :D :D

JetBoatRich
06-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Love the smoke hovering above the waterline yuk

boatnam2
06-02-2003, 10:23 AM
i totally agree with you and hope that everyone feels this way and havasu is the only place that people go.

spectratoad
06-02-2003, 10:29 AM
I have not been there yet to boat but been there via driving through and stopping for the night. it was really nice.
I actually had the wife approval to go one weekend for spring break this year as a passanger but the above picture re-affirms why I just didn't go. My mind was just not there to deal with all the crowds and bull, never thought about "Havasu Haze" though. That has gotta be good for the lungs and brain.
I think I will have to make my first experience an off weekend.

Ziggy
06-02-2003, 10:31 AM
miller19j:
http://www.bobbyhayden.com/1Memorial2003.JPG Thats just a holiday weekend in the tightest and busiest(FleshFest) spot in the lake, there's still about 75 miles of lake below and above that area. If your interested in sitting and drinking all day then stay in the channal otherwise the rest of the lake doesn't congest quite like that. If you prefer, you will find that the lake has 100's of coves to hide out in and have your day.
Z

Havasu Hangin'
06-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Parker rules!

miller19j
06-02-2003, 10:49 AM
Ziggy:
If you prefer, you will find that the lake has 100's of coves to hide out in and have your day.
Z That is more my speed! The drunken flesh fest is not my thing. I will be going to OP6 and will check the place out . :)

Rod-64
06-02-2003, 10:54 AM
I was there all day Sat. and Sun. and both days we found coves we had all to ourselves....there's much more than the channel has stated in the above posts. It was a killer weekend except for now.....sunburned, sore from getting pummeled on the tube and shakey from too much beer but it was worth every second. :)

Jrocket
06-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Havasu Hangin':
Parker rules! LMAO :D

Reaper1
06-02-2003, 11:25 AM
Is there any place else? :D

Boozer
06-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Rod-64:
I was there all day Sat. and Sun. and both days we found coves we had all to ourselves....there's much more than the channel has stated in the above posts. It was a killer weekend except for now.....sunburned, sore from getting pummeled on the tube and shakey from too much beer but it was worth every second. :) Sounds like my weekend minus the havasu part. No Havasu in my neck of the woods but none the less i am all shaky from drinking to much beer. The shakes reall suck.

boatnam2
06-02-2003, 11:30 AM
havasu for everyone except rd, double h and myself we will hang in parker just so the cops have someone to hassle.

Havasu Hangin'
06-02-2003, 12:09 PM
boatnam2:
havasu for everyone except rd, double h and myself we will hang in parker just so the cops have someone to hassle. Maybe Robert can run interferance for us (Smokey and the Bandit style)...

HavasuDreamin'
06-02-2003, 12:13 PM
HH and RD.........you guys crack me up with your argue
:D

hot_diggity_dog
06-02-2003, 12:14 PM
How can anyone comment on a place they have never been or experienced???? :confused: :rolleyes:
I'm sure everyone has seen plenty of Havasu pix, that didn't look like the channel on a holiday weekend. wink
Did you know that the past Memorial Day was the most busiest ever at Havasu that the locals can remember? :confused:
The only boat I know of that needed any gel coat repair this season so far was "Scuba hey pontoon idiot don't hit me Steve" LOL wink
"Hot I'm back from Cabo headed to the lake Diggity Dog" :cool:

HavasuDreamin'
06-02-2003, 12:16 PM
JETBOAT BRIAN:
I am with Miller I would be too worried about my gelcoat to have fun....Unless I was a passenger.......Dave?.. :D :D :D [/b]
Pontoon Boat! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/devil/evil_lol.gif

77charger
06-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Havasu Hangin':
boatnam2:
havasu for everyone except rd, double h and myself we will hang in parker just so the cops have someone to hassle. Maybe Robert can run interferance for us (Smokey and the Bandit style)... LOL those days are over for me.Dont forget i now have a stealth boat i can probably go undetected too :D

Sandbar Mike
06-02-2003, 01:03 PM
miller19j:
http://www.bobbyhayden.com/1Memorial2003.JPG Miller, Your right on, Memorial was crazy. I tried stay'n 100% sober this year to avoid problems, which made it suck even worse (But) You've got to remember the channel only gets crowded like that about 3 to 4 weekend a year. Normal weekends are awsome. There's still no better place to be.

riverracerx
06-02-2003, 01:19 PM
You just have to know where to go to get away from the madness...if that's what you want.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-02-2003, 01:38 PM
That's why I stay away on the holiday weekends.

77charger
06-02-2003, 02:03 PM
RiverDave:
uuhh that doesn't work as well as you would think Robert.. lol
RD wink No but prevention does.I need a DD too

Beautiful Noise
06-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Doesn't look FUN to me Beside's,Where are all the Flattie's? At the Bottom of the Channel I suppose :rolleyes: Just my .02 worth :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Steve
http://www.bobbyhayden.com/1Memorial2003.JPG [/QB][/QUOTE]
[ June 02, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Beautiful Noise ]

hot_diggity_dog
06-02-2003, 02:33 PM
You know after second thought I think Havasu is a terrible place to boat. :rolleyes:
All of you should go to Parker or Mohave, wink that way it won't be so crowded for the ones who like Havasu anyway they hand it to us. :D
Next they will be complaining about to many pasties and to many G-strings :mad:
Hot My wave, My beach My surf now go home Diggity Dog :cool:

BADBLOWN572
06-02-2003, 02:44 PM
I have been going to Havasu as long as I can remember and miss the good old days. For holiday weekends I won't be found on that lake. I remember the good old days when people would help out other people, everyone got along (for the most part), there were no stabbings, people shot, etc. Unfortunately since MTV spoiled it for me I will be playing on Parker for holiday weekends. Bunch of good old boys. Most of the thugs (not anyone here on the boards, just thugs in general) to to Havasu.

BoatFloating
06-02-2003, 03:12 PM
BADBLOWN572:
I have been going to Havasu as long as I can remember and miss the good old days. For holiday weekends I won't be found on that lake. I remember the good old days when people would help out other people, everyone got along (for the most part), there were no stabbings, people shot, etc. Unfortunately since MTV spoiled it for me I will be playing on Parker for holiday weekends. Bunch of good old boys. Most of the thugs (not anyone here on the boards, just thugs in general) to to Havasu. And just think your in your 20's, just imagine us old guys in our 30's. I remember Havasu when it had 1 stop light and about 1000 house and London Bridge resort was Queens Bay and Hussong's was the sh@t and copper cayon was the place to be, now those were the days, but it's still a blast today :D

Hallett19
06-02-2003, 03:20 PM
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THAT PICTURE !!!! Just look at the debotchery taking place !! Everyone is partying hard, having fun, madness chaos good times and parties !! I like havasu.

Warlock23
06-02-2003, 03:26 PM
It's all good fun until the alcohol turns the few into instint ASSHOLES...........

Frosty_pop
06-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Havasu is great..... So all you people with boats over 21' go there..... stay off the river!!!! Lets us guys with river boats enjoy the river without a bunch of small dick, big boat guys running into us or causing a bunch of wakes cause they don't know how to drive their boat in the first place.

beer hunter
06-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Frosty_pop:
Havasu is great..... So all you people with boats over 21' go there..... stay off the river!!!! Lets us guys with river boats enjoy the river without a bunch of small dick, big boat guys running into us or causing a bunch of wakes cause they don't know how to drive their boat in the first place. That's fine with me :) I like taking my small dick for a ride in my big boat :D Nothing beats flying across three foot Havasu chop in big boats :) It gives me a big hard on :D

RiverKitty
06-02-2003, 06:01 PM
Honestly, I like all 3 locations, Havasu, Mohave & Parker, but Havasu is still my favorite! I guess we were lucky not running into any *thugs* over Memorial Weekend. I had a blast! But your right, the channel was full of pollution by the end of the day. We only hung out in the channel till noon then took off to Steam Boat Cove. And as others have said, this only happens a few times a year. There's not much you can do about the air pollution with so many boats in one location. It's the people who trash the place with litter that pisses me off. Anytime our crew seen trash in the water, we'd slow down and pick it up. It's just common courtesy to respect the environment. Just my .02.

buck183
06-02-2003, 07:14 PM
It's pretty obvious that not many of you have ever been to LOTO on any given weekend in the summer. When it comes to performance boating this lake blows Havasu away. I know not many of you realize this, but there are actually lakes east of the Rocky Mountains.
Buck

SoCalOffshore
06-02-2003, 07:24 PM
East of the Rockies, I didn't think there was anything East of the Colorado River, except Lake Havasu City lol

TCHB
06-02-2003, 07:31 PM
1. Havasu has clean warm water
2. If you want to be away from people it is up to you.
3. You can go up the gorge and travel to Needles area.
4. The weather is great for boating.
5. The city of Havasu has many nice things like
shows, restaurants, and yes home depot.
6.If you want the crowds and the boat shows you can go to the sandbar, channel, or one of the coves.
7.If you want to drive your boat at 120MPH you can do it in the middle of the lake where people are not.
8. Not to many kids on jet skis.
9. If you want to ski or wake board get up early or go over in the area called Disneyland.

buck183
06-02-2003, 07:32 PM
SoCalOffshore:
East of the Rockies, I didn't think there was anything East of the Colorado River, except Lake Havasu City lol SoCal,
Come on over to LOTO some time. I'll buy you a cold one and show you a lake that goes 24-7 during the summer. O yeah, we have more than one night club too. wink
Buck

SoCalOffshore
06-02-2003, 07:56 PM
LOTO may go 24-7, but I am to old too. lol
Where is LOTO? and what about Lake of the Ozarks, I hear it is pretty wild.

GlastronGuy
06-02-2003, 08:10 PM
spectratoad:
I My mind was just not there to deal with all the crowds and bull, never thought about "Havasu Haze" though. That has gotta be good for the lungs and brain.
It's those weed whackers fault.

locogringo
06-02-2003, 08:10 PM
I think Parker is 50 times better than Havasu.
The people are nicer, the water is cleaner, the cops are more friendly.
Why I boat at Parker every weekend and even sometimes during the week and all I can say is that Parker Kicks Ass and I would NEVER want to go to Havasu anymore!
wink

playdeep
06-02-2003, 08:20 PM
LOTO...
Nothing like 50,000 of your closest friends playin together in a bathtub.
That makes for some reeeally nice water :D

Havasu Hangin'
06-02-2003, 08:26 PM
LOTO- where mosquitos (the size of small children) serve the West Nile special.

playdeep
06-02-2003, 08:32 PM
You know HH,
I forgot all about the Low income bug/mosquito housing that surrounds that lake...

buck183
06-03-2003, 05:03 PM
We spend about 2-3 weeks a year at LOTO. Can't remember mesquitos being a problem. Maybe you guys are thinking about a different area of the country like Texas or Louisiana? I realize it's hard to know goegraphy real well when the only thing you know is West of the Rockies. :p
Buck

Havasu Hangin'
06-03-2003, 06:17 PM
buck183:
I realize it's hard to know goegraphy real well when the only thing you know is West of the Rockies.Well, you're right. This helps me remember, though:
Havasu- 10 months of boating
LOTO- 10 months of dreaming about boating
Havasu- G-Strings
LOTO- Silly string
Havasu- Indoor plumbing
LOTO- "Deliverance" was filmed there
Havasu- Fast boats
LOTO- Fast tractors
Havasu- Kokomo
LOTO- Sonic Burger
and finally...
Havasu- The Sandbar
LOTO- pictures of The Sandbar
That always helps me remember my geography...

buck183
06-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Is this forum misnamed? Wouldn't it be more accurate if it were called "Westcoastboating.net"? Seems if you're not from that area you don't much belong here.
Buck

Havasu Hangin'
06-03-2003, 06:57 PM
buck183:
Is this forum misnamed? Wouldn't it be more accurate if it were called "Westcoastboating.net"? Seems if you're not from that area you don't much belong here.Now Buck...are you getting sensitive on me?
I post the same stuff on OSO (where all the LOTO Bayliners hang out). As your buddy Havasuparty (AKA- lotoparty).
Funny how the polls over there always vote Havasu on top though.
Hmmmmm....admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery, Buck.

buck183
06-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Nah, I'm cool. Knew you were a member on OSO. Wouldn't start trouble with another OSO member. That site means A LOT to me, great people. A lot more diverse crowd than you see here.
I was making conversation and inviting people to other parts of the country to see what we had to offer. Everyone went on the attack. Didn't seem like much ribbing to me, more like "you guys suck, stay where you belong"!
Sorry if I took it wrong.
Buck

Havasu Hangin'
06-03-2003, 07:42 PM
buck183:
Everyone went on the attack.You mean that you feel outnumbered?
Shocking! Kinda like me and Nort on OSO?
PS- that was ribbing...you don't want to see the attack...

SoCalOffshore
06-03-2003, 07:49 PM
Never buck, I even asked where LOTO was. Anyway, I thought the east of the colorado river was funny. So...where is it? Texas?

playdeep
06-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Buck,
Just messing with you...all in jest :D
It seems as if about once a month somebody at OSO will revive the Havasu vs. Loto debate.
All of the die-hard OSO people (predominantly midwestern) begin the chest thumping and reciting of they're mantra's.
Some of the responses are almost laughable...Bottom line is to each his own...Both places involve boats and scantily clad females(albeit somewhat larger women at Loto :p )
Just enjoy what ya got.

Havasu Hangin'
06-03-2003, 08:36 PM
playdeep:
...Both places involve boats and scantily clad females(albeit somewhat larger women at Loto...http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1loto-1.JPG

moneypit
06-03-2003, 10:19 PM
The Channel on big weekends is like going to the mall on chrismas eve... sometimes you dont go to shop, but only to watch naked women....
Ya theres tons of lake out there.. go early and stay late!

buck183
06-04-2003, 05:04 PM
SoCal....it's in central Missouri. Pretty large lake.
HavasuHangin...don't think everyone is really gangin up on the LOTO vs Havasu thing as much as they are EVERYONE vs NORT. wink Truth be known there's only around 25-30 boats that even show up on the holiday weekends from OSO. You would think from all the people that post there would be 100 boats there from OSO.
playdeep..I don't know why someone has to bring up the whole debate every 2 days over there. Maybe their trying to get a rise out of Nort? LOL. It is overdone.
You do have to admit, if you're not from the west coast in here, you're opinion doesn't much matter.
Buck

Ivan Dan
06-04-2003, 10:09 PM
This might be a better picture to show someone who has never been to Havasu. This is the Sandbar before the cops decided to shut it down on big weekends. Can't beat Havasu period!
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/1120-med.JPG

Ivan Dan
06-04-2003, 10:10 PM
This might be a better picture to show someone who has never been to Havasu. This is the Sandbar before the cops decided to shut it down on big weekends. Can't beat Havasu period!
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/1120-med.JPG

mbrown2
06-04-2003, 10:57 PM
buck183:
You do have to admit, if you're not from the west coast in here, you're opinion doesn't much matter.
Buck I would disagree...there are a couple of folks that are active posters east of the Rockies whose opinions matter...Infomaniac to start...
Its just the Havasu vs. Loto debate always brings out the trash talking...I kind of find humerous :D