PDA

View Full Version : Boating Areas

***boat
06-01-2003, 08:37 AM
I am trying to get together an area guide to the various places that people take their boats. If I could get a list of some of the more common hot spots it would be appreciated. Some of these areas are called by a name that is not their real name. If that is the case please include the Nickname and the Real name of the area.
Example:
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Thanks for the help :)

Mandelon
06-01-2003, 11:12 AM
But then more people would go there.... :rolleyes:

Seadog
06-01-2003, 11:57 AM
A lot of people go to Grand Lake O' the Cherokees. AKA Grand. It is well known, so no harm telling about it.

MagicMtnDan
06-01-2003, 12:06 PM
* Lake Nacimiento (in Central CA)
* Lake Isabella (in Kern County outside Bakersfield)
* Pyramid Lake (up the 5 freeway about 20 minutes north of Magic Mtn)
* Castaic Lake (up the 5 freeway just past Magic Mtn)

JetBoatRich
06-01-2003, 01:17 PM
MagicMtnDan:
* Castaic Lake (up the 5 freeway just past Magic Mtn) Nice drive from San Diego eek!
Just my opinion, never been to Nacimento but the others might be small for that kind of drive :D
I beleive you were looking for any body of water.
Buena Vista in Bakersfield, or Mud Bowl some call it eek! Nice camp grounds :) Is that like the saying She Has a great personality :confused:
[ June 01, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

mike37
06-01-2003, 01:50 PM
JetBoatRich:
MagicMtnDan:
* Castaic Lake (up the 5 freeway just past Magic Mtn) Nice drive from San Diego eek!
Just my opinion, never been to Nacimento but the others might be small for that kind of drive :D
Buena Vista in Bakersfield, or Mud Bowl some call it eek! Nice camp grounds :) Is that like the saying She Has a great personality :confused: JetBoatRich you need to go to Nacimento or san antonio much better than buena vista

Mandelon
06-01-2003, 02:06 PM
Oh, fine. There's only one lake in San Diego that allows skiing or tubing and that is Lake San Vicente.
If salt water is no problem, then Mission Bay or San Diego Bay.

***boat
06-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks, I probably should have put this in the hot spots east west and central areas.

1stepcloser
06-01-2003, 03:57 PM
Lake Elsinore, Ca. (Moreno Valley) A.K.A. Smellsomore. wink
Best thing about this lake is the no speed limit zone.
Lake Perris, Ca. (Riverside) A.K.A. Polio Pond.
Best thing about this lake is...uh, well, we'll come back to that...
Parker Strip, CA. & Az. (Borders Ca. & Az.) A.K.A. Parker.
Best thing about this place is the bars.

SLO POKE
06-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Mission Bay? I wont even eat fish out of there yuk

Rexone
06-01-2003, 05:05 PM
Craig I've emailed Dave at scma to see if we have a list of all Ca. boating destinations. We may very well have this already compiled. I thought is was on the SCMA website but it apparently isn't. That will be a subject I will bring up as well as I think it should be. I will let you know what I come up with. :)
Of course the above only relates to California so there's still much left to come up with.

***boat
06-01-2003, 05:54 PM
Rexone:
Craig I've emailed Dave at scma to see if we have a list of all Ca. boating destinations. We may very well have this already compiled. I thought is was on the SCMA website but it apparently isn't. That will be a subject I will bring up as well as I think it should be. I will let you know what I come up with. :)
Of course the above only relates to California so there's still much left to come up with. Thanks, having California would be a start.

kevnmcd
06-01-2003, 07:30 PM
1stepcloser:
Lake Elsinore, Ca. (Moreno Valley) A.K.A. Smellsomore. wink
Wouldn't Lake Elsinore be in Lake Elsinore?....and I think that is the City of Lake Elsinore. wink

JetBoatRich
06-01-2003, 07:41 PM
mike37:
JetBoatRich:
MagicMtnDan:
Buena Vista in Bakersfield, or Mud Bowl some call it eek! Nice camp grounds :) Is that like the saying She Has a great personality :confused: JetBoatRich you need to go to Nacimento or san antonio much better than buena vista Mike how far is it from here?

moneypit
06-01-2003, 07:58 PM
Pine Flat
Millerton Lake
Lake Piru (eh)
Pacific Ocean. No speed limit
Lake Casitas (cant swim)
Lake Lopez (sucks)
Lake Mojave

Kwicherbichen
06-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Hey here's an orignal thought....BUY Kwicherbichen.com

sorry dog
06-02-2003, 04:10 AM
There's around 25 nice lakes of good size around my state. You want me to name them all??