PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card SOLISITATION from the Phillipines

Rickster
10-28-2002, 07:14 PM
Was on a long distant phone call tonite & my daughter got a call from Financial Freedom Credit Card company "she's not here"...a few minutes later I received a call from the same company...had my name, address, etc correct and they stated they were sending me a packet about their new "no interest charge card" in the mail...I asked the young lady with a no accent voice where she was calling from...she acted a little hesitant then said "The Phillipines". Anyone else out there getting calls from this company? Very curious and concerned! eek!

STV_Keith
10-28-2002, 08:24 PM
BE CAREFUL. We recently had a guy order $3500 worth of Autometer gauges from Indonesia. Turns out the card belonged to some guy in CA. Luckily the parts were still in customs, so we got them back, but we would have just been out the cash.
Indonesia has no laws regarding credit card fraud, so there is no punishment for these guys. When he thought the stuff was coming, he gave me several card numbers to try to pay the duties...all stolen #'s.

Rexone
10-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Funny you guys should mention this. We've recently had a rash of requests for large amounts of MSD and other product from Indonesia. We actually shipped one order which went throuh ok (just lucky I guess). We then became suspecious when a bunch more similar requests followed.
Funny, when we requested wire transfers and wouldn't accept the ccards the inquirers evaporate into thin air and nothing more is heard. Definately some scammin goin on here.
Yes, be careful. eek!

Chestah Cheetah
10-28-2002, 10:01 PM
I'll get one of these about once a month on my site. I don't even bother replying when the order is for a quantity of 10 in the same style and same size....what are the odds. They're usually from the old Russian territories for me though.