PDA

View Full Version : What non-boat-owners do that piss me off...

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 09:42 PM
Okay,this needed to be said.How many of you have invited a"friend"to go boating and had this happen?
I invite dude to go boating on 4th of July to watch fireworks.He's jazzed,asks what he can bring.I tell him to bring beer.He says ok.Fastforward to launch ramp.I'm getting boat ready to launch on trailer.Dude shows up...with his girlfriend...and HER MOM!At least he brought beer...DOH burningm A six pack of Natural light!I launch,politely ask them to please remove their shoes before boarding and we're off.Before we even get out of the cove,MOM is bitching about the stereo being too loud.They drink up all their expensive beer and are soon mowing down mine.MOM is bickering with girlfriend about not getting too drunk.I ask them to help me hold the boat at the shore while watching fireworks.Instead they make out and ignore me while MOM plugs her ears in the bow.We haul ass back after the show,I pull up to the dock and they disembark.As Dude is stepping off,he shakes my hand and says"thanks"before spinning around on my deck wearing sandals and grinding sand into the gelcoat!No offer of gas money,help trailering the boat or help cleaning up.WTF???I see him a couple months later,he says"we had a great time boating. Can't wait to do it again!"I say"YEAH!I'll call ya!"NOT!!!!!!!!

BajaMike
08-18-2003, 09:50 PM
They just don't get it....bringing "mom" is almost as bad as the sandals in the gelcoat....
burningm

HCS
08-18-2003, 09:57 PM
I only try to invite people I know, and It still
doesn't work.
All you can do is not invite them agian.
Iv'e had clowns spill soadas in my boat, not pitch in " for anything ", cut my uphostery,
bring their bimbo freinds along that weren't invited, scratch my boat and all kinds of stupid shit. Like get drunk and make assholes of themselves.
Hey! lets go boating!!
NOT.

moneysucker
08-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Walking down the center of the bow, not the edge.

Kindsvater Flat
08-18-2003, 10:20 PM
Those that I have invited will not ride with me anymore. Mainly if they don't chip in on anything I ride the "Up" pedal and make the ride a little more fun.
Anyone have someone "Yak" in there boat yet? Seen it once luckily it wasn't mine.

08-18-2003, 11:01 PM
I don't have that problem....all my friends have boats :D

Stupid Fast
08-19-2003, 01:44 AM
Kindsvater Flat:
Anyone have someone "Yak" in there boat yet? Seen it once luckily it wasn't mine. It really sucks. I am one of the types that just catches a wiff of puke and my stomach wants to unload. I had some jackass boyfriend of my wifeas freind along. I tried to tell him we were going to be out all day, drink water. At about 3 or so he looks sick and asks me to slow down. I do. He gets recomposed. I take off again. The nnext thing I know I feel wet. The SOB was in the Bow and puked into the wind :mad: . The whole boat, the cooler, my wife, my daughter, and I were covered in 40 minuit old beer from this jackasses belly. I had to jump out of the boat. I came unglued.
He atl east paid to have the boat detailed but I never felt the same in that boat and traded iit in at the end of the summer.
Puke sucks :mad:
EMC

Posey
08-19-2003, 04:11 AM
Yea, you get into those situations once in a while. They are not your friends if they pull that kind of bullshit while boating with you. burningm
My Motto: ASS, GAS or BEER nobody rides for free :D

spectratoad
08-19-2003, 04:21 AM
Hey Highroller, Stuff like that sucks. I don't mind giving free rides once in awhile but that situation really sucked. I have had a couple people do shit like that and my wife doesn't understand why I get irritated.
So didn't mom do anything for ya while the kids were makin' out? :D :D j/k

Slick
08-19-2003, 07:57 AM
I took my folks, sister and her husband to watch fireworks 4th of July. They brought friggin' popcorn and peanut butter cookies that got mashed into my new 40oz carpet. Man that pissed me off having to vacuume out me boat at 2am that morning. I was worried the sun the next morning would bake the oil from the cookies into the carpet.

mbrown2
08-19-2003, 08:18 AM
I agree, unless you going to tell a non boater WTF they should be doing, they will look like an idiot and you will be upset....its just like work, unless you give them directions, they don't have a clue...
Also, about the puke, as long I get them to do it over the side, no bigge....inside, not cool...I always find it kind of funny to see the folks that don't know how to handle their drinking, they become video and photo footage for our river collages... :)

JetBoatRich
08-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Non-boaters are like little kids and employees of yours, tell them what you want or expect in detail.
eek! eek!
How many beers, what type YOU like gas money and expect to cleanup afterwards. Before they enter the boat tell them simple rules about the gel-coat, etc.

Windy
08-19-2003, 08:32 AM
Kindsvater Flat:
Anyone have someone "Yak" in there boat yet? Seen it once luckily it wasn't mine. Not in the boat, but on my boyfriend :D
I brought one of my river virgen girlfriends to parker, friday nite she gets hammered and "ralphed" all over HBjet. It was pretty damn funny.
She felt really bad and turned out to be most RA out of anyone we brought out so far. I'll never let her live this one down though.
MissHBjet

Dave C
08-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Ain't that the truth about boating.
"Boat" friends come strapped with many beers, lunch, hat, suntan lotion, towel, sandals, etc., ready to party all day.
"Non-boat" friends come strapped with pants, no beer, tennis shoes, no sunglasses or hat & want to leave the party cove early.
Personally I don't mind because I go anyway whether or not someone comes along. Then I just bark out instructions near the dock, etc.

Ziggy
08-19-2003, 10:47 AM
non-boating friends=to much useless crap for the day--i.e. beach chairs they flagrently through on the boats gel or upholstrey, drag the cooler accross the bow gel, walk on gel with gravel stuck on shoes or feet, cheetos all over interior, hop in their cars and bail at the end of day....the list goes on. WE'll call you some time again(not!)
Boating friends=gas money, drinks into your cooler, cation used within the boat, like to enjoy the cove, help wiping down....we'll invite you guys again for sure.
You can tell the non-boater all the rules til your blue in the face sometimes and they still don't get it. :mad: :mad:

Phat_Kat
08-19-2003, 10:51 AM
this is why I'm somewhat anti-social :D

Kindsvater Flat
08-19-2003, 04:01 PM
MissHBjet:
Kindsvater Flat:
Anyone have someone "Yak" in there boat yet? Seen it once luckily it wasn't mine. Not in the boat, but on my boyfriend :D
I brought one of my river virgen girlfriends to parker, friday nite she gets hammered and "ralphed" all over HBjet. It was pretty damn funny.
She felt really bad and turned out to be most RA out of anyone we brought out so far. I'll never let her live this one down though.
MissHBjet I take it she is no longer a virgin now after that trip. And to relive it be sure to show her this post. :D

77charger
08-19-2003, 04:10 PM
the ones who want to go to copper canyon and want me to park my boat in the crowd of beaters,who want me to drive where they want to go,who say where i want to go sucks,complain when i want to pull my boat out at 6 pm(they then pass out by 7pm) so i can go have some diiner with friends,then give you 10 bucks for gas and everythin else i paid for.Oh wait that sounds like my first trip to havavsu this year and my guests last trip with me :mad: