PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Boat?!?

centurion
07-31-2003, 10:54 AM
I never post here, though I have been registered here for a while...but I found this topic on another site and thought it would get some attention here.
Here's the story:
Ok you have to hear this to believe it, total disrespect for a customer. Now I know Commander boats would not be your traditional wakeboard boat, but this story is so blatently wrong in how they treated a customer, I had to tell it here, oh and I hope to post it on other sites too.
My good friend drops $45K on a custom Commander 22 foot open bow jet boat. He ordered it early this year at the LA boat show. Was told the boat would be ready in 4 to 6 weeks. Well we have all heard that and it takes closer to, if not more than 8 weeks, ok no biggy.
He picks up his brand new boat in late May early June and is actually very happy with it, but now is when the fun uggggg I mean nightmare begins. after owning the boat for a couple of weeks he makes an appointment for the 20 hour service, in advance. The 20 hour service is supposed to be a drop off in morning pick up in afternoon deal, especially when you have to make an appointment well in advance. Well he gets there to drop off his boat, 10 days before the 4th of July and is told it would be there a day or two because they were slammed with the 4th of July rush. Ok not the end of the world.
Now for the 4th of July he has plans to go up north with a group of friends, hotel reervations are made, slips have been rented, etc etc. The trip has been in the works for 3 to 4 months.
Well 5 days into his boat sitting at the dealership, he is told they have not touched it, at that time he lets them know if they can't get to it by the 4th, he will just come pick it up. He didn't want to risk his boat not being ready for the big weekend just to get a 20 hour service, that is one of the reasons he brought it in 10 days in advance! Well he calls daily from then on and can you believe it, they get the boat ready in time "for him to pick up on Thursday the 3rd in the afternoon!!! The night he is trying to leave he has to fight 50 miles of holiday traffic to the dealership to pick up his boat, so he can hit the road for his 7 hour drive" messing up his whole planned schedule to get out of town. Now here is where it gets ugly.
He shows up at the dealership at 5PM on Thursday to pick up his 30 day old boat. He pays and is told to go out front to pick up his boat. Well he goes out front, no boat, is told to go out back, no boat, is told to go to the side, no boat. Now nobody has a clue where they put his boat. After 30 minutes of checking they have 2 or 3 guys scratching there heads looking for his boat. Nobody can remeber where they put it, and one guys goes as far to say that he hasn't seen it for days. Guess what?!?!?! THE BOAT WAS STOLEN FROM THEIR SERVICE CENTER!!!!
Now my friend is stuck there until after 8PM filling out a police report and knowing his weekend and most likely summer is ruined. So he aproaches the owner of Commander Boats and asks if he will do anything for him. By this time my buddy is stuck with the hotel fees, something like $500, slip rental fees, has purchased all the beer, food, everything they were bringing has been packed, not to mention he had $2500 in personal stuff on the boat, the kids are waiting to leave for a holiday weekend at the lake with family and friends. The whole works, the owner says sorry can't help you, doesn't offer anything at all and to make matters worse, he turns his back to my friend and walks in his office, closes the door in his face and attempts to sell another boat to another customer.
My friend is floored, they don't offer to cover the boat with their insurance, in fact tell him he is S**T out of luck. Don't offer to cover any of his fees for the vacation, don't offer if he recovers his boat to fix any damage for free, don't offer if he does not recover his boat to sell him a new one at a discount, don't even offer an apology! Nice going Commander Boats in Corona and Perris California.
So now he has to wait 30 days to see if the boat is recovered, to date it hasn't and he has a week left to go. August 2nd being 30 days, his own insurance is going to cover the boat, but he is not sure yet if they will cover the full cost, or a marked down cost because of depreciation. "it was only 30 days old" His insurance company is then going to go after Commander's insurance company to pay up, probably a 50/50 chance they will have to. But in the end Commander might end up paying anyway, and alienate a once happy customer at the same time.
So August 2nd if he is lucky he will get his money, and if he goes with the same kind of boat he will have to wait another 6 to 8 weeks for it and you guesses it, loss of his whole summer of boating. Where I know he had other plans, reservations made for additional trips etc.
I told him he needs to walk accross the street to Tige' Watersports in Corona, where they value their customers and get a real boat!
So sorry to be so long winded, but he really feels like he has been victimized twice in this deal, once by the low life leach sucking thieves, and by the low life leach sucking Commander Boat ownership and managment. With them turning their back on him and slamming the door in his face, I hope this public blast makes him feel a little better about the situation and let's all know what kind of dealership they are.
seeya
Here's the link:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/76604.html?1059674696

Mandelon
07-31-2003, 11:00 AM
How much stock?..........

Tom Brown
07-31-2003, 11:01 AM
centurion:
...he really feels like he has been victimized twice in this deal, once by the low life leach sucking thieves, and by the low life leach sucking Commander Boat ownership and managment. With them turning their back on him and slamming the door in his face, I hope this public blast makes him feel a little better about the situation and let's all know what kind of dealership they are.
seeya,
Greg Terzian You know, I was starting to feel some sympathy for this guy.

lbzboyhb
07-31-2003, 11:03 AM
That sucks lets keep this at the top and on everones mind..
What happened to the customer is always right.
does he have pics or a descreption so we can all keep an eye out for it.
[ July 31, 2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: lbzboyhb ]

centurion
07-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Mandelon:
How much stock?.......... Que?
edited to add: I found the other thread, nevermind!
[ July 31, 2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: centurion ]

BUSTI
07-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Lets say you take your new Eddie Bauer Expodition(approx. same cost as the boat) to the Ford dealer from which you purchased it for the first scheduled service. They called you to come and pick it up and you paid them.... then to find out it was stolen from their lot while they were the custodian of the vehicle. I dare to say that 99.99999999999% of all Ford dealships would have you in a loaner so fast your head would spin. Some time ago we all discussed the obvious lack of state of the art business skills that most custom boat builders have as, it applies to web sites. Once again my point is well proven with this story. That is to say most boat builders when it might come to doing the right thing...if it cost them money.... are such lousy business people that it hurts!
Buyer beware if this story is true nobody should want to do business with with Commander at any price. Why is it so hard for people in this business to say what they mean and do what they say and always do the right thing? I heard on this forum a great story about Daves Custom Boats with a similiar deal a theft but a much different out come. But what from I here there is an enormous difference between Commander and DCB! Not only what you pay for but surely in the character of the owners! This was the thiefs fault for taking it and Commander's fault for not providing sufficient safe guards to ensure the customer's propery was safe. It surely wasn't the boat owners fault.
I have just emailed this to 28 of my buddies that own boats.

Boozer
07-31-2003, 12:45 PM
My only questions is Why the F%^& and the how the F%$^ does a boat get stolen from a builders lot? You'd think a place that houses probably millions of dollars in merchandise would have a little more security that would prevent someone form just driving off with a $40k+ boat.
Does this place not have any surveilance?

FryJet
07-31-2003, 12:52 PM
That sucks bad. It seems customer service is really bad with alot of company's these days, not just the boating industry but in general. If they say it will take a day and it isnt done then take it out and go to someone else, period. You are paying for a service and if they cant provide it in the time specified then there is allways someone else who can. Even if there was issues between the customer and the company that absolutely is no reason to delay a job, that is just bad business and should not be tollerated by anyone. A customer is the most important part of any business and if you dont treat them with respect then there is allways someone that will. The fact of the matter in this is that if the boat was delivered back to the customer when it was supposed to then the boat would have not been stolen and none of this would come up. A satisfied customer will tell 10 people, a unsatisfied customer will tell 100. I hope everything works out but the damage sounds like its been done.
R.D. come on, if the boats not being left overnight then why clean the whole thing out? I just think your being a little hard on the guy, but you seem to be the boss around here. Take it however you want.
Chris
[ July 31, 2003, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: FryJet ]

Sandbar Mike
07-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Yet another Happy Commander Customer,

Ziggy
07-31-2003, 01:34 PM
Sandbar Mike:
Yet another Happy Commander Customer, I am!
This can happen to anyone at any given time. Circumstances are that this guys boat got jacked and he had plans that got blown up. Thats very upsetting and I'm sure many of us have something go wrong before too. I'd be willing to bet that he may have gotten a little bit in Sy's face which nobody likes but I'd be more willing to help someone who might be a little more controlled rather than volital.
I can't defend anyone in particular in this situation since we only have one side of the story but I will say the group at Commander has always been cordial to me, even before I ordered my new boat. I haven't serviced there for years cuz I do it myself but I never left anything in the boat regardless.

HOSS
07-31-2003, 01:41 PM
I hope the insurance company reams Commander a new asshole! :mad:

roostwear
07-31-2003, 01:51 PM
Hope he got a refund on the service......

centurion
07-31-2003, 01:52 PM
I just wanted to follow-up so it is clear...
The story is not about me or anyone I know...I FOUND IT somewhere else.
I don't want this to turn into a "bash the new guy" type of thing or a "boat maker that starts with an 'H' kind of thread"
I just thought is kinda struck a nerve...Guess it does!

SCUBA STEVE
07-31-2003, 02:01 PM
That really sucks, all the way around. :mad:
At least now the buyer can get a bigger boat with a prop. Because thats what I would have been did if it happend to me. wink
45k is that what commander boats are going for?
Let alone a jet. I hope all the bells & whistles where included in the cost.
Not that it matters what lake was he going to that is 7 hrs away from corona? Havasu is only 4 hours from there.

dossangers
07-31-2003, 02:02 PM
rd that was a little harsh! what i would do is go back and order another boat from the owner and put all the best parts in it inc an teage motor give him a small deposit and wait for the boat to get built when he calls me to come and get it i would tell him i changed my mind im buying a bayliner AND SHOVE HIS BOAT UP HIS ASS!!! i cant believe they dont have a loaner boat availible hallet does? i hope everything turns out ok keep us posted...

HOSS
07-31-2003, 02:07 PM
Now that would be real cool. :D

LaveyJet
07-31-2003, 02:10 PM
centurion:
My good friend drops $45K on a custom Commander 22 foot open bow jet boat. He ordered it early this year at the LA boat show.
Didn't know Commander made a 22' jet, and I don't think they go to boat shows anymore. BS story?

Boozer
07-31-2003, 02:10 PM
I also noticed in this thread it had mentioned that he was worried about the insurance not covering the cost of the boat. WTF??
Don't you guys get your boats insured for replacement value? I have my bayliner insured for replacement value. It's actually insured for $6,500 over what I paid.

DogHouse
07-31-2003, 02:19 PM
First off let me say that I feel bad that someone's boat got jacked and his summer plans ruined. That sucks. However, I think that expecting a loaner boat and reimbursement for cancelled reservations, etc, is asking a bit much. Bad things happen to good people all the time, and there isn't always a safety net of deep pockets to bail us out. Sh!t happens, deal with it and move on. Let the insurance companies sort out who gets to provide coverage for the boat and insured belongings; that's what we pay them for.
And BTW Boozer, Mr. Big's Mach got boosted right off the DCB lot as well. Better cross them off your short list... :D
[ July 31, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

Boozer
07-31-2003, 02:21 PM
Did Mr. Big get a door slammed in his face?

DogHouse
07-31-2003, 02:23 PM
I was referring to this post...
Boozer:
My only questions is Why the F%^& and the how the F%$^ does a boat get stolen from a builders lot? You'd think a place that houses probably millions of dollars in merchandise would have a little more security that would prevent someone form just driving off with a $40k+ boat.
Does this place not have any surveilance?

Boozer
07-31-2003, 02:27 PM
I know hat post you were reffering to. But when he had his boat stolen did Dave slam a door in his face?
Boozer = Slow, not retarded.

Freak
07-31-2003, 02:30 PM
It's almost impossible to get insurance for some high performance boats. Say a Mach 22 with 2 280's or a tunnel hull with 1000hp I/O...
[ July 31, 2003, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Freak ]

ROZ
07-31-2003, 02:33 PM
centurion:
I never post here, though I have been registered here for a while.. I'd say so...
"H" threads.....
12 posts since December 2001....That has to be some kinda record or something eek! :D

DogHouse
07-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Boozer:
I know hat post you were reffering to. But when he had his boat stolen did Dave slam a door in his face?
Boozer = Slow, not retarded. That post taken by itself has no relevance to how the customer was treated. It merely seems to imply that there was something wrong with Commander as a company for not taking the necessary precautions to prevent the theft in the first place. I was merely pointing out the fact that your favorite boatbuilder de jour had a similar unfortunate incident.
:D

MagicMtnDan
07-31-2003, 02:39 PM
RiverDave:
Well, not to sound callous here but who the **** drops a boat off for service with 2500.00 worth of personal shit in the boat?
On a secondary note, (even more callous) What's commander suppose to do about it? We'll say they gave him a loaner boat or something.. Somebody gets hurt on it that weekend and now there in a potential lawsuit over the deal.
As well, who's to say the guy wasn't a complete prick when he was buying the thing? Or he copped an attitude previous to the thing getting stolen etc..
RD RD, I gotta call BS on this.
1. Don't change the subject and talk about how much $hit was in his boat. It was, according to the post, only supposed to be there for the day! Sure it's not a great idea to leave stuff in there but many people do it (when they're taking their truck/car in for service).
2. Who cares if the customer was a "complete prick" - it still doesn't justify:
* the boat maker not realziing the boat was stolen,
* the boat maker not informing the police and the owner (the chances of the police catching a boat thief are pretty slim but if they had a week or more head start fuggedaboudit!),
* the boat maker not taking any responsibility for the boat being stolen while it was in their possession on their property in for service,
* the boat maker not making any attempt to help their customer out.
You're in sales. Surely you know the value of treating customers like they matter. If realtors understand that the business of selling houses is about repeat business (the point being homes are very expensive and people don't usually sell them soon after buying them) then EVERY salesperson should understand how you treat the customer and how you service them after the sale means EVERYTHING when it comes time to get more business from that customer.
There is no excuse for the boat maker to treat the customer like this and, if this is true, then they deserve to go out of business because no one in their right mind should buy from them.
That's my two cents - flame away. burningm

Ziggy
07-31-2003, 02:40 PM
secondchance:
centurion:
My good friend drops $45K on a custom Commander 22 foot open bow jet boat. He ordered it early this year at the LA boat show.
Didn't know Commander made a 22' jet, and I don't think they go to boat shows anymore. BS story? That's true, they don't and certainly didn't this year go to the boat show.
Their 22' is called a Hawk, less freeboard than their LX line.
And 45k seems out of line, my new 23LX with 6.2 is less than that.

Boozer
07-31-2003, 02:42 PM
DogHouse:
Boozer:
Boozer = Slow, not retarded. That post taken by itself has no relevance to how the customer was treated. It merely seems to imply that there was something wrong with Commander as a company for not taking the necessary precautions to prevent the theft in the first place. I was merely pointing out the fact that your favorite boatbuilder de jour had a similar unfortunate incident.
:D Well when I decide to make my boat purchase I will make sure to ask Dave if he has now taken appropriate measures for the security and well being of customers boats. If he hasn't then I won't be leaving my boat at his place over night. That is of course if I decide that's the route I want to take. Who knows I might just go buy a 27' Maxum. Maxum is top notch :D

MagicMtnDan
07-31-2003, 03:34 PM
MagicMtnDan:
RiverDave:
Well, not to sound callous here but who the **** drops a boat off for service with 2500.00 worth of personal shit in the boat?
On a secondary note, (even more callous) What's commander suppose to do about it? We'll say they gave him a loaner boat or something.. Somebody gets hurt on it that weekend and now there in a potential lawsuit over the deal.
As well, who's to say the guy wasn't a complete prick when he was buying the thing? Or he copped an attitude previous to the thing getting stolen etc..
RD RD, I gotta call BS on this. That's my two cents - flame away. burningm ULP...just gotta phone call from RD! :D He didn't want to use up his 10,000th post on responding to my post :D
RD, you're alright but don't tell anyone I said that. (Have a great weekend on the river - lookin forward to your pics eek!

dossangers
07-31-2003, 03:39 PM
If commander had any class he would have done something for the guy after looking like a COMPLETE ASSHOLE [wheres my boat jim i dunno i thought you had it] smart buissness man just think if he would have dished out a grand do you think the guy would have bought another boat yeahh !! just amazes me how stupid boat buiss owners are sometimes and yes the guy deserves a loaner of some kind its just a boat in my buiss we had a cust car stolen we loaned him a 50k mbz and he bought another car from us i guess the moral of this story is the owner of commander is a CHEAP NO GOOD ****!!

You Te
07-31-2003, 04:20 PM
It's to bad the guy's boat got stolen.
The owner of commander boats should be put in jail.
1. For being a ****ed up careless business man.
2. For making slow ass boats that can't get out of their own way.
You Te

shockwavebd
07-31-2003, 04:54 PM
I don't know about LA but comander was at Anaheim any way you look at this it sucks burningm

Mandelon
07-31-2003, 05:35 PM
C'mon guys, this is completely unverified. Don't bag on them until it is known to be true....

nextasex
07-31-2003, 07:52 PM
That is a sucky situation no matter how you look at it!!
Frank

bordsmnj
07-31-2003, 08:27 PM
ok. i'm no inspector ,detective ,whatever,but here's the hole. to tell some one yeah come get your boat here's the bill it stands to reason that the work had just been completed.for commander to say we don't know when it was stolen becomes a broad statement. who was the guy in the service department that did the work? wasn't it on the invoice? couldn't they just call the guy or his helper and say WTF? where is it? or here's a horror story-what if some one walked on to the lot with 50,000 cash and said "i want that one-NOW" how fast do you think they could arange that. know be carefull with the"what if" in that last statement. no way do i accuse commander or anyone else of doing that but that stuff did happen in the late 70's. what a fricken bummer for this guy to go through this shit alone. i mighta want back to jail for my response to slammin the door in my face.anyway, i'm glad my boat builder is pretty much the polar opposite in the way they've treated us. good luck to the sorry sob who got fleeced at commander :confused:

BiggusJimbus
07-31-2003, 08:37 PM
Ha,
You guys are something else.
You won't believe documented dyno numbers that were verified and witnessed by people on the board that you know, but you'll jump on this shit that is completely un-verified, out of left field, written by nobody knows who or his brother.
Unles you have a documented beef with Commander, all you know is NOTHING.
Settle down, have a cocktail, and come back when you know something.
Maybe it's all true. Couldn't prove it by anything posted here.

BiggusJimbus
07-31-2003, 08:41 PM
Maybe he was behind on his payments and it got repo'd.
His "Story" was just a way to save face.
Possibilities are endless. Taking this story at face value, it is pretty unlikely.

voodooCanoe
07-31-2003, 08:59 PM
Being in the auto industry for the last 15 years I have had to deal with a similar situation a time or 2. There is no excuse for the long delay of service time or not knowing what happened to the boat until the customer has gotten there, but the question of liability is quite clear. The customer will be responsible for his own boat. The dealer is responsible for only providing care that is reasonable. Meaning the lot must only have a gated yard that is locked when closed. As far as personal idems it will be very hard to get payoff even from the insurance company. I have been to court over this in the past and the judge takes about 1/2 a second to rule. It sucks, but thats how it goes.

fastvdriver
07-31-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm a service manager in the boating industry and I can't count the number of times that a customer leaves the personal items in the boat no matter what I say or do they just leave all of the items. I just finished installing $16,000 worth of options on a new Cobalt. All of which can be removed very easly. It takes about 2 mins. to load up 4 wake boards $400 each, custom bindings $350.00 a pair, and 4 neo vests $100.00 each, now that is just a easy start this total comes to $2400.00. all of which the service dept. is not going to cover.
I wish the person that lost his boat the very best of luck I just hope that we all can learn from this.

I_C_E_Y
07-31-2003, 09:33 PM
Better yet, who even has 2500.00 worth of shit in there boats? (discounting stereos) If I added up all the water ski's, life jackets bouies etc..[/QB]My waterski alone is 1,000+. Yeah but seriously. Would I leave it in my boat when I take it to get serviced. (even though I would service it myself).

blownmoney
07-31-2003, 11:13 PM
wow, this gets your blood boiling!! sure like to hear the other side of the story tho, hell someone here has to know the owner of commander boats!, anyone from corona in here that can check the police log?..if this is true what a friggin bummer, if the treatment the customer was given was true thats a travesty!.. hope all is resolved [ also noticed in this thread it had mentioned that he was worried about the insurance not covering the cost of the boat. WTF??
Don't you guys get your boats insured for replacement value? I have my bayliner insured for replacement value. It's actually insured for $6,500 over what I paid.
boozer, i work in the insurance industry, replacement cost is replacement cost! if you have an 85 bayliner and you have it insured for 20k and you sink the sucker, your still be lucky to get $2500 for it!! unless you gotta shit load of reciepts! you make a claim, your insurance co sends an adjuster to look at it he deems it a total loss, the file handler then look up a replacement cost for that model that yr in your area and thats what u get! and jsut cause you tell em your rig is worth 20k don't mean they will insure it for that, believe me the field adjuster lookin at your sunk rig will now what its really worth, and as with this new "stolen" boat , because it is only 30 days old , depreciation should not have an effect, 6 mo's is a different story. the owner of commander could have at least offered to take care of this guys lost expenses for his planned weekend,and his insurance will be ultimately responsible, if he has insurance :confused:

2LKHVSU
08-01-2003, 06:54 AM
Not to change the subject, but are there any pictures of the boat. Maybe somebody might have seen it.

Boozer
08-01-2003, 07:29 AM
I just don't understand why these boat manufacturers don't get some surveilance in place. Surveilance systems are not expensive. You can do a full closed circuit system with about 8 cameras for 10k or less. That 10k could save you and your customers a lot of money and hassle down the road.

Dave C
08-01-2003, 07:43 AM
There is something wrong with this story but the basic premise sucks for the boat owner!….. cry besides theft is theft.
At any rate I think we can learn from this. If your boat gets stolen full reimbursement that you believe your entitled to is NOT what you are going to get! Most policies limit recovery especially on “extras.”
Incidentals (i.e. weekend @ the lake) are never covered.
I believe that normally your liable for your own boat and contents. In the event of theft, you get “fair market value” and you must prove that you had extras in the boat. Although the boat shop has some liability here for the theft while the boat was entrusted in his care, it will obviously be an insurance claim. The boat owners insurance will pay off the boat and they will seek reimbursement from the boat shop’s insurance co.
I heard of this situation before and the shop owner’s policy would not even cover all the items stolen. Since he is a stand up guy he dug into his pocket and made up the difference.
I have already prepared myself if my boat gets stolen I already know that I am going to be out-of-pocket big time!

Dave C
08-01-2003, 07:51 AM
Being the devils advocate here, what would a small custom boat manufacturer who is behind on his work do to make this right? Probably not having an “extra” custom boat floating around and not being able to run down to Hertz to get one, from a business standpoint I think it would have been right to give the guy some free “extras” or “upgrades” and limit the time on a re-order. Win-Win situation.
Theft is theft, negligence or not, the end result is that the boat is gone and there is nothing you can do to make it right then and there since it takes so damn long to make a custom boat in the first place. I would have told the guy “ your at the top of my re-order list.”

Dave C
08-01-2003, 07:52 AM
BTW after talking to Jimmy-the-fence, stealing a boat doesn't make much sense, business wise, of course? I can understand a car since most cars are worth more chopped up than their replacement value whole.
I don't get it? Not worth it in my opinion. So that begs the question, who stole it?
Anyway I hope they tar and feather the thief.

rrrr
08-01-2003, 08:10 AM
There's no depreciation on my boat insurance policy.
Two kinds of insurance for boats:
STATED VALUE POLICIES
The boat owner will be paid the insured value of the boat in the event of a total covered loss. The insurance company will not depreciate the value at the time of the loss. In the event of a total loss with this coverage, the boat owner will receive the insured value of the boat or the actual cash value (depreciated value), whichever is less. For example, if you have your boat insured for $75,000 and have a total loss, the depreciated value of your boat may only be $65,000 and the insurance company will pay the lesser amount. Replacement cost coverage on partial losses is included except for sails, canvas, batteries, outboard engines and machinery.
AGREED VALUE POLICIES
This means you and your insurance company agree at the very beginning of the policy period what your boat is worth. In the event of a total loss due to fire, theft, sinking, etc., they will pay that agreed amount without a subtraction for depreciation and without the deductible being applied on a total loss.
I know from reading the boards insuring 20 year old jet or v drive is a pain, so I'm guessing AVP isn't available for them. However, for new boats it shouldn't be a problem. I think my AVP insurance prolly costs around $150 a year more than the other kind, well worth it.
If you want to insure all of the stuff in your boat then get PERSONAL EFFECTS COVERAGE.
This includes coverage for clothing, personal effects, fishing gear and sports equipment owned by you, your family or guests on board your boat. Money, jewelry, traveler's checks and other valuable papers or documents are not included for this coverage.
As for this story, I have some first hand experience. In 1980 my six week old 26' Sleekcraft Ambassador was stolen from a repair shop. The guy just shrugged his shoulders, said sorry. We found the boat a week later, the engine was gone and the assholes had poured gas all over the bow and lit it on fire.
The insurance company paid off for the damage (I hadn't even paid them yet) and I put it all back together myself. Took a loooong time to fix it but it turned out OK.
Take your shit out of your boat when you take it in. I even take off my prop. Look at the security, ask some questions. If you have any doubts, give the guy a badass cable lock or a boot and make him put it on your trailer.
[ August 01, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

Havasu Luvr
08-01-2003, 08:42 AM
First of all, all you peeps that are saying "we have not heard the other sides story". What part of the story do you want to hear? That this guy is totally lieing about the theft of his boat? The main FACT is his boat was stolen while his boat was in the CUSTODY of Commander Boats. All else is secondary and is after the fact. Yes, he should have been upset over this ordeal, any one of us would be. It was Sai's job the explain some alternatives to this situation. Also, it was Commander's negligence for NOT committing to any safeguard's as this situation JUST happen a few month ago.
RD, I am glad you are playing the "Devil's Advocate" a typical sales rep. You must have been trained from the "New Generation" sales team - "Selective Customer Service" figures :rolleyes: RD, Yes you were alittle hard on the guy.
Ziggy, I am glad Commander has treated you well. I would ASSUME that this "Good Treament" was during the production of your boat as you have stated that you do all your own work. This being said, You have no experience on how Commanders (after the sale) customer service works. Thank you for your input and expression of your opinion. I will be honest with you, I do not even know you but...You're a F*cking Idiot Also, if you were a TRUE Commander fan then you would have known that Commander was at the LA & Anaheim Boat Shows this year...If you want to add your .02 then you should keep up with your current events.
HOSS
I hope the insurance company reams Commander a new asshole! HOSS, Let's hope so.
It all boils down to the facts
Commander has had a theft problem in the past, most recently a few months back. Knowing this, Commander Is legally responsible to take further actions to prevent future thefts. Was this done? I know for a fact that Commander had an employee living at the factory during my Commander Family days 1999 - 2003. Also, Sai should have explained Commanders position in this situation, what he can do legally and what he will do as a Boat Manufacture. Remember, Sai has experience in this field eek! Neither was done, another unsatisfied Commander customer.
my .02

Boozer
08-01-2003, 08:44 AM
My policy is the "agreed" value policy. I pay exdtra for this type of policy so if I ever need to use it the f^&*s better pay up.
I purchased my boat at dealer cost but have it insured for replacement value and that is replacing the boat with a new boat. Meaning if it goes the insurance company buys me a brand spankin new boat or gives me a check for that much anyhow.
They offered me the personal effects coverage and said it covers everything in the boat you just have to show receipts of whatever was in the boat and they reimburse you in full. I declined this coverage. Don't really have that much stuff I keep in the boat.
So.. According to my policy if my boat gets stolen or sunk or anything like that then the insurance company 'will' pay me the retail price for a new boat.

BiggusJimbus
08-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Havasu Luvr:
First of all, all you peeps that are saying "we have not heard the other sides story". What part of the story do you want to hear? That this guy is totally lieing about the theft of his boat? The main FACT is his boat was stolen while his boat was in the CUSTODY of Commander Boats. All else is secondary and is after the fact. Yes, he should have been upset over this ordeal, any one of us would be. It was Sai's job the explain some alternatives to this situation. Also, it was Commander's negligence for NOT committing to any safeguard's as this situation JUST happen a few month ago.
You, or this guys buddy or whoever declaring that this is FACT does not make it so. If you know it to be fact, then great. I'd love to hear the facts.
I don't own a Commander, don't know them other than by sight. Don't know the people that build the boats or run the company. I just can't pass judgement based on the evidence presented.
If the story presented is fact, Then Commander has alredy done more damage to their reputation by not dealing with this one customers problem in a proper manner. If it's false, or embellished, then Commander is getting tried and convicted on this board, and that's just not right.
So, is there more evidence that this is factual? I'd like to know. You are convinced it is true. I've read the rest of the Wakeboard Forum's thread. It sure doesn't add anything to the story beyone what this guys friend presented.
You know more? Tell us. Are there other bad experiences with Commander? When I go to change boats, I'd check out their product. If this story is true, I'd keep that in mind when doing so.

Havasu Luvr
08-01-2003, 09:17 AM
BiggusJimbus
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Havasu Luvr:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You, or this guys buddy or whoever declaring that this is FACT does not make it so. If you know it to be fact, then great. I'd love to hear the facts.
I don't own a Commander, don't know them other than by sight. Don't know the people that build the boats or run the company. I just can't pass judgement based on the evidence presented.
If the story presented is fact, Then Commander has alredy done more damage to their reputation by not dealing with this one customers problem in a proper manner. If it's false, or embellished, then Commander is getting tried and convicted on this board, and that's just not right.
So, is there more evidence that this is factual? I'd like to know. You are convinced it is true. I've read the rest of the Wakeboard Forum's thread. It sure doesn't add anything to the story beyone what this guys friend presented.
You know more? Tell us. Are there other bad experiences with Commander? When I go to change boats, I'd check out their product. If this story is true, I'd keep that in mind when doing so.
--------------------
Now life's over and I haven't done everything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do. BJ, it seems to me that you are a "Black & White" type of guy. If you want Facts presented to you on every claim then What the f*ck are you doing in this forum. Everyone in here has something to say about every thing. Do you ask for FACTS to backup all the BULLSH*T that goes on in here. Please read between the lines...Commander make a good boat for the money and I am glad you would consider them in any future purchase, BUT as Ziggy says he had great customer service BEFORE & During the sale. He really has NO experience for After the sale. Back to the suject at hand. I will see if I can get a copy of the police report so you may be COMPLETELY SATISFIED. I bet you would make a Great conversationalist... waiting

BiggusJimbus
08-01-2003, 09:35 AM
[/QUOTE]BJ, it seems to me that you are a "Black & White" type of guy. If you want Facts presented to you on every claim then What the f*ck are you doing in this forum. Everyone in here has something to say about every thing. Do you ask for FACTS to backup all the BULLSH*T that goes on in here. Please read between the lines...Commander make a good boat for the money and I am glad you would consider them in any future purchase, BUT as Ziggy says he had great customer service BEFORE & During the sale. He really has NO experience for After the sale. Back to the suject at hand. I will see if I can get a copy of the police report so you may be COMPLETELY SATISFIED. I bet you would make a Great conversationalist... waiting [/QB][/QUOTE]
Really, I'm not that black and white. I just can't see trashing a company in a public forum without something more than 3 degrees of heresay. If there's a police report, and you know for a fact that it exists, seen or not, that would serve the purpose here and I would have no problem agreeing that Commander has ****ed themsleves royally.
Barring SOMETHING/ANYTHING backing up the story, it is nothing more than a story.
Shit, I'm usually the gullible guy.

BiggusJimbus
08-01-2003, 09:38 AM
BiggusJimbus:
[/b]BJ, it seems to me that you are a "Black & White" type of guy. If you want Facts presented to you on every claim then What the f*ck are you doing in this forum. Everyone in here has something to say about every thing. Do you ask for FACTS to backup all the BULLSH*T that goes on in here. Please read between the lines...Commander make a good boat for the money and I am glad you would consider them in any future purchase, BUT as Ziggy says he had great customer service BEFORE & During the sale. He really has NO experience for After the sale. Back to the suject at hand. I will see if I can get a copy of the police report so you may be COMPLETELY SATISFIED. I bet you would make a Great conversationalist... waiting [/QB][/QUOTE]
Really, I'm not that black and white. I just can't see trashing a company in a public forum without something more than 3 degrees of heresay. If there's a police report, and you know for a fact that it exists, seen or not, that would serve the purpose here and I would have no problem agreeing that Commander has ****ed themsleves royally.
Barring SOMETHING/ANYTHING backing up the story, it is nothing more than a story.
Shit, I'm usually the gullible guy. [/QB][/QUOTE]

AzDon
08-01-2003, 09:53 AM
If the story is real, I'm suspicious that the boat was sold to another buyer that was willing to overpay to have a boat for July 4th! IF this boat has unique paint, IF pictures of it are posted, and IF it turns up on the water somewhere, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were found with legit Commander serial numbers that are different. I'm not accusing Commander, just expressing suspicion because this kind of scenario has happened numerous times in the past!
I'm interested to know if anyone at Commander is aware of these threads and might be willing to reply?
[ August 01, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: AzDon ]

centurion
08-01-2003, 09:56 AM
BiggusJimbus:
Shit, I'm usually the gullible guy. Why would the guy lie?
I am not pretending that I know anymore about the story than anybody else here, but the original post wasn't even on this board...and I am sure none of you guys (especially mfg's) read wakeworld's board regularly.
Point being: if the dude was writing this to flame someone or start some s#!? wouldn't it be wise to start it somewhere it would get attention...look at the rest of the original thread, everyone goes back to their "when can we hook up for a ride" commentary (as is typical for about every post on that board).
I am not standing up for the guy, but come on you guys are over thinking this!
BTW: Agreed hull value is the way to go...

HM
08-01-2003, 09:59 AM
I call b.s. on the whole story. :D
Sounds like a P.R. piece for Tige' Boats.
P.S. - Commander was not at the Boat Show this year - so the whole post starts off with false info. And, if this story was from last year or earlier...Tige' has only been across the street during one boat show, before that they were in Riverside. I know...facts, truth, and logic are again totally irrelevent.

BiggusJimbus
08-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Why would a guy lie?
1. To cover up some stupidity on his part (i.e. repossession)
2. He's angry at the company for ****ing up his vacation plans
3. He craves attention (Why would a woman lie about being kidnapped 16 years ago and put a family through the kind of grief that she did)
4. He's an asshole and a shit stirrer
5. There might not actually be a "buddy" that this happened to.
Lots more reasons.
The story may be 100% true, but crazier shit has happened.
Somebody on these boards ought to have SOMETHING/ANYTHING to back it up.

rrrr
08-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Jeez, HL. Take a long lunch and drink a beer or two. It's only a forum. :cool:

Ziggy
08-01-2003, 11:14 AM
There's a lot of assumptions going on here.
Yes, I've had after sales service on my old boat and it was just fine, just in the last 4 yrs or so I've done it all myself. I got what was asked of them and yeah, sometimes it took a little longer but we all know and expect that during the busy season.
I talked with Steve at Commander yesterday and told him about this thread. I know his dad too and personally felt he'd only turn away from a guy if that person was overly rude. I can understand the customer would be bent, wouldn't we all? Shit yeah, but some people just handle things better than others. Having a planned vacation blow up in our face is hard to take, its happened to me in different ways.
Thinking about when the guy comes to pick it up and read the story again, it seems office people knew where the boat should be and directed him in that direction. Wasn't there. Then it says they looked all over for it, wouldn't you too and scratch your head if you can't find it. Duh!
As far as Commander being at the LA show or not I was basing my info on their website(since been updated) saying they were not at the show.
I doubt the guy is lying about it, no reason for him to but I'd be willing to bet it's slightly embellished and skewed in his favor since he's the one who lost his boat..human nature to do so.
Havasu Lover--not knowing me and calling me a Idiot is plain old ****ing rude. Get a life and grow up. You obviously have a hard on against Commander which is fine, you're allowed to, just don't bash other peeps you don't know because they have a different opinion than you.
See you on the lake.
[ August 01, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

Havasu Luvr
08-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Ziggy
Havasu Lover--not knowing me and calling me a Idiot is plain old ****ing rude. Get a life and grow up. You obviously have a hard on against Commander which is fine, you're allowed to, just don't bash other peeps you don't know because they have a different opinion than you.
See you on the lake. Sorry you think I have no life and need to grow up, in which case you maybe right since I am fighting a war with an unarmed man. First of all I call a "Spade" a "Spade" whether you like it or not. In my world when someone expresses his/her opinion they usually have there FACTS in order and NOT talking out their A*s. I just ask of you a simple request. Have your facts ready before you fart. I do not have a "Hard on" with Commander. I just feel that the boating family that spends their hard earned money on a custom boat Deserves better customer service whether it is Commander, Shockwave, Hallet or any other boat manufacture. It gets old when a fellow forum members expresses his/her misfortune with a boat manufacture and the rest of the community jumps on the threads and starts with the "I think they are a wonderful Boat and I have never had any problems with them" good for you and all the others. That does not help the situation at hand...Maybe the next time a Boating Family member is having difficulties with a manufacture maybe you should call up that wonderful company and say "Hey, a fellow member is expressing dissatifaction with you and lets try and help him out alittle." not every one has the Tack, Good Fortune and the carisma that has been afforded to you. AS far as seeing me on the lake??? Cool, I look forward to a stimulating conversation over a cold one OR if you meant that in a way I am not understanding then Please "Express Yourself"
HL

BiggusJimbus
08-01-2003, 12:09 PM
OK HL, Here are some facts for you...
It is not a fellow forum member that is expressing dissatisfaction with Commander. It is a friend that nobody has professed to know of a forum member that nobody has professed to know on a different and totally unrelated forum to this one that a member here happens to read. If it was a forum member, the reaction would probably be different.
If that is all you need to jump somebodies shit then I would say you are reacting prematurely. No more, no less.
If the story is true, the guy would have my support and backing. Why are you so certain that the story as presented are the facts.
If you think it's necessary to insult me or my position, then, your the one taking these forums too seriously. Personal attacks don't do anything to further your argument.
I want more information before blackballing these guys.
If anybody finds out who this guy is, we can support him. Otherwise, it's no better than falling prey to another internet hoax.
[ August 01, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: BiggusJimbus ]

Ziggy
08-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Havasu Luvr:
Ziggy
See you on the lake. Sorry you think I have no life and need to grow up, in which case you maybe right since I am fighting a war with an unarmed man. First of all I call a "Spade" a "Spade" whether you like it or not. In my world when someone expresses his/her opinion they usually have there FACTS in order and NOT talking out their A*s. I just ask of you a simple request. Have your facts ready before you fart. I do not have a "Hard on" with Commander. I just feel that the boating family that spends their hard earned money on a custom boat Deserves better customer service whether it is Commander, Shockwave, Hallet or any other boat manufacture. It gets old when a fellow forum members expresses his/her misfortune with a boat manufacture and the rest of the community jumps on the threads and starts with the "I think they are a wonderful Boat and I have never had any problems with them" good for you and all the others. That does not help the situation at hand...Maybe the next time a Boating Family member is having difficulties with a manufacture maybe you should call up that wonderful company and say "Hey, a fellow member is expressing dissatifaction with you and lets try and help him out alittle." not every one has the Tack, Good Fortune and the carisma that has been afforded to you. AS far as seeing me on the lake??? Cool, I look forward to a stimulating conversation over a cold one OR if you meant that in a way I am not understanding then Please "Express Yourself"
HL Ok, maybe I had a kneejerk reaction by saying you have no life, sorry about that. Not my intention to cause friction.
I did do just that and called them to let them know about this topic and the many concerns expressed here, did it really happen, etc.. I can't run their company for them, Sy will run it the way he sees fit. And if he doesn't please everybody(which may be impossible anyhow) then thats how he runs it. I had bad experiences with other brands during shopping but I don't go out and badmouth them, I will however tell people, if asked, my experience and say maybe it'll be different for you, check 'em out 'cause they're nice boats.
So I'm a spade, aka idiot, for saying I had good experiences with Commander....with any good there is always some bad, no matter what the subject might be. Whether it's Walmart, Eliminator, Sears, Shockwave or whatever there will always be happy and disatisfied folks, thats just how it is.
I didn't phyically go to the LA show but their website and others on the board that did go to LA plainly stated Commander was not there..so I took this as assumptive fact. My bad if this really wasn't so.
Be happy to share a cold bottle of H2o with ya, no arguement implied or suggested. See you on the lake was just a sign off.
BTW-sweet looking ride ya got, gotta save more dough to move up that much. wink
I'm saving the rest of my energy for my kids and the lake, see ya out there.

hot_diggity_dog
08-01-2003, 12:27 PM
OK Havasu Luver time to say your sorry. wink J/K
Hey HL after reading your post in this thread I have decided to state my opinion. eek!
I like your boat it is sweet! :D
Your are a ****ing stupid idiot looser low life **** eek!
See you on the water!!!!!!!!!!! eek!
Just wanted to get your reaction when someone passes judgment on you!
Hot (stirring up some shit for no reason) diggity Dog :cool: This is a joke HL wink

BUSTI
08-01-2003, 12:36 PM
My sons friend is a yard boy there and he told us last nite this is not the first boat stolen from Commander. Supposedly the boat owner wanted to leave his full rap a round trailer tongue lock on the boat and asked them to remove it and reinstall it as they needed to move the boat. The owner was told to take the lock as they didn't need the hassel of the tongue lock and that not to worry "your boat will be safe here!"

HM
08-01-2003, 12:39 PM
BUSTI:
My sons friend is a yard boy there Who said RiverDave doesn't have a job? :D

unleashed
08-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Actually I heard Riverdave was the Yardboys assistant! :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

rrrr
08-01-2003, 12:53 PM
BUSTI:
My sons friend is a yard boy there My wife keeps asking me if she can have one of these "yard boys". What exactly do they do??
:D :D

LAVEYSABRE575
08-01-2003, 12:55 PM
i posted a thread on the 4th i think regarding 5 boats stolen from commander they also stole 4 trucks.The whole thing sucks i hope they neuter the dicks that bagged those boats i always think about the kids that were excited to go skiing on vacation rat basterd cock suckers wrecked it for them....derek

blownmoney
08-01-2003, 12:56 PM
I talked with Steve at Commander yesterday and told him about this thread. I know his dad too and personally felt he'd only turn away from a guy if that person was overly rude. I can understand the customer would be bent, wouldn't we all? Shit yeah, but some people just handle things better than others. Having a planned vacation blow up in our face is hard to take, its happened to me in different ways.
so what was the verdict?, was his boat stolen or not?

blownmoney
08-01-2003, 01:02 PM
if this company has truley had more thatn five boats snagged from it in less that a yrs time, i think the detectives need to research this outfit a bit better!..any commander boat owners need a service any time soon?..hahahaah

BiggusJimbus
08-01-2003, 01:14 PM
I would think that Commander's insurance company would be all over them as well.
Certainly puts a different light on the story.
While there may still be more to the story, the fact that there was a serious incident and a follow-up story that indicates that control of inventory and customer's boats was less than stellar would certainly indicate that there is a serious problem.
Not sure what you could do for a poor guy at 8:00 on July 3rd. There's no way he's not going to go away angry and disappointed. Follow up for Commander would be critical in this area.
Sounds like this lapse is going to be more expensive than it would have been had they found some way to ease the pain for the customer.
Looks like it could be another company burning itself. Too bad for everybody.

Havasu Luvr
08-01-2003, 01:20 PM
BiggusJimbus
OK HL, Here are some facts for you...
It is not a fellow forum member that is expressing dissatisfaction with Commander. It is a friend that nobody has professed to know of a forum member that nobody has professed to know on a different and totally unrelated forum to this one that a member here happens to read. If it was a forum member, the reaction would probably be different.
If that is all you need to jump somebodies shit then I would say you are reacting prematurely. No more, no less.
BJ, how do you know it is not a board member?? Maybe He/she elected NOT to post here in this forum because of reaction like yours. Looks like your the premature Idiot.
If the story is true, the guy would have my support and backing. Why are you so certain that the story as presented are the facts.
So why don't you believe this story to be true? You think any thread posted here with misfortunes to be LIE'S? Why am I so certain??? because I LIVED THE LIFE THROUGH COMMANDER ! ! ! 2 boats in 10 months in 3 years. I have seen alot of boats made by Sai almost on the daily bases. You would be suprised by what I have seen and heard (first hand) so I would believe any story about Commander whether Good or Bad.
If you think it's necessary to insult me or my position, then, your the one taking these forums too seriously. Personal attacks don't do anything to further your argument.
I am sorry if you took my insults as a personal attack, I did not mean it that way. I was just giving you a "Title" to your position and your opinion.
I want more information before blackballing these guys.
I agree with you on this one....If I was in your position then I would want more information before I opened my mouth
If anybody finds out who this guy is, we can support him. Otherwise, it's no better than falling prey to another internet hoax.
I was just wondering....Do you consider all postings as an "Internet Hoax"?
Ziggy,
I have a cold one waiting for you. Wet bar is open for Ziggy. Men's trip planned on the 15 Aug. See ya there
hot_diggity_dog
OK Havasu Luver time to say your sorry. J/K
Hey HL after reading your post in this thread I have decided to state my opinion.
I like your boat it is sweet!
Your are a ****ing stupid idiot looser low life ****
HDD,
OK, I agree with you, you forgot Asshole, Faggot, Cocksucker Mother Focker Bastard. Beers on me :D
BJ, look at your recent post. :rolleyes: now you post as if there might be some truth to the story or a possibility??? or are you just adding another story line to the original lie :D ****, lets have a beer wink

eliminatedsprinter
08-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Ziggy
HL [/qb]Ok, maybe I had a kneejerk reaction by saying you have no life, sorry about that. Not my intention to cause friction.
I did do just that and called them to let them know about this topic and the many concerns expressed here, did it really happen, etc.. I can't run their company for them, Sy will run it the way he sees fit. And if he doesn't please everybody(which may be impossible anyhow) then thats how he runs it. I had bad experiences with other brands during shopping but I don't go out and badmouth them, I will however tell people, if asked, my experience and say maybe it'll be different for you, check 'em out 'cause they're nice boats.
So I'm a spade, aka idiot, for saying I had good experiences with Commander....with any good there is always some bad, no matter what the subject might be. Whether it's Walmart, Eliminator, Sears, Shockwave or whatever there will always be happy and disatisfied folks, thats just how it is.
I didn't phyically go to the LA show but their website and others on the board that did go to LA plainly stated Commander was not there..so I took this as assumptive fact. My bad if this really wasn't so.
Be happy to share a cold bottle of H2o with ya, no arguement implied or suggested. See you on the lake was just a sign off.
BTW-sweet looking ride ya got, gotta save more dough to move up that much. wink
I'm saving the rest of my energy for my kids and the lake, see ya out there. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Ziggy
A class response. I'm kicking you 5.
P.S. I wish I could buy your boat (like I mentioned before, my sister has the same boat and it's been great fun) but I just got my boat in Oct and it's all I can handle right now. :cool:
[ August 01, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

BiggusJimbus
08-01-2003, 01:41 PM
So HL,
I knew this about your experiences with Commander how?
If this had been posted on this board, it would be at least somewhat easier to take at face value.
I didn't call you a premature idiot, I said your judgement would be premature. Since you didn't think it was important to state previously that you had a shit experience with them, I have no way to understand your position.
If you look through the thread, there was nothing posted that resembled more than heresay. Once real verifiable information was posted, then it was easy to see that there were problems.
You puffing up and spewing your anger all over everybody doesn't help anybody learn anything. You finally stating your issues with the company was actually useful. I'm not sorry that I questioned the veracity of the story, and I never said it was not true. I just wanted some real background or information. Not third hand stories.
All this other BS is just a lot of wasted effort.
[ August 01, 2003, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: BiggusJimbus ]

Ziggy
08-01-2003, 02:06 PM
HL,
Hope to meet you some time. We're all just expressing our opinions here, its all good. :cool:
ElimSprtd,
Thanks for the 5er. :cool: Back at ya wif 5 :D I felt like the goat here since I was one of the few saying good about commander...I can understand others frustrations and don't blame anyone for expressing themselves, thats all I was doing.
Blown $,
Steve was not personally aware of this particular issue since he spends the majority of his time in Corona and not in Perris but I wasn't completely clear with him as to when it occured either. It was a month ago so apparently it was around the same time as the 5 boat heist. Who know's, it could have been one of the 5. :confused: :confused:
Done for the day--now comes the 5 hour drive. See ya on the lake.

BiggusJimbus
08-01-2003, 02:25 PM
Ziggy,
I wasn't so much expressing my opinion as much as trying to develop an informed one. There was just not enough information for me to jump in and buy it. Sounds now like it was entirely possible (perhaps likely is a better word). The entire interaction with the dealer is harder to understand, but there was certainly a failure on the part of Commander to satisfy this person. Whether or not that was possible can only be truly known by the parties involved.
Sure sounds like it could have been one of the 5. If this incident went down on the third, and it was reported back on the fourth (I didn't get that connection right away), it would seem likely to be.
It would seem that there was not just one angry/disappointed person. And with that much stuff missing, that anybody from Commander would act surprised about the whole thing would seem to be unlikely. News like that would likely make the rounds pretty quick.
HL,
Is there a thread about what happened to your boats? I'd be very interested to go look for it if so.
(never mind, I found them. I can see that there are extensive problems here.)
Do you have personal knowledge of this event beyond the original story? At this point I can't tell if you did, or were just arguing based on your personal troubles with them.
Your willingness to believe this story has deeper roots than I could have known
After reading your issues, it becomes irrevelant whether or not the thread starting story is true (although I can feel sorry for a real person, now).
With any luck, he'll be able to take his settlement and go buy a boat that makes him happy.
Sorry HL. Didn't find the other threads earlier, as I did a search for the wrong Luvr.
[ August 01, 2003, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: BiggusJimbus ]

You Te
08-01-2003, 05:18 PM
I heard Commander was hit by a repo company for money owed. I guess the repo company got a customers boat. Who knows what the truth is.
You Te

THATJEFFGUY
08-01-2003, 11:30 PM
OK..I can't believe some of you people are actually taking up for Si and Commander Boats ! Just do a search and I don't think you will find very many posts from customers that have been satisfied with them !! The boats are made half-ass..and their service sucks !! I wouldn't be surprised if the "stolen" boat is still sittting right there in their lot..with all the f'n idiots they have working over there, I wouldn't trust any of them to be able to find it !! Hey maybe the crooks that stole that boat are the same ones that stole all of my personal belongings out of my boat when it was over there for service (coolers, Ski Vests, etc)! Oh nevermind, Sy finally found SOME of my shit..his brilliant employees just threw it out of my boat to work on it and didn't even put it back. And do you think Sy even offered to have it delivered to me...**** NO ! Well, instead of driving 60 miles to his facilty to try to find MY stuff..he'll be getting my bill in the mail to replace it. It would be in Sy's best interest to start taking care of his unhappy customers...I think he's playing around with more than his reputation here !
BY the way..is anyone interested in a 2002 Commander 26' Siganture..Excellent boat AND Excellent warranty service! wink

You Te
08-02-2003, 01:26 PM
I heard Commander has Filed for BK.
You Te

centurion
08-02-2003, 02:05 PM
BiggusJimbus:
It is not a fellow forum member that is expressing dissatisfaction with Commander. It is a friend that nobody has professed to know of a forum member that nobody has professed to know Ask Nextasex (Frank) who I am.
I never said the proprietor of the story was a friend, just something I found...and I guess there was some probability of it being true after all.
Roz - now you know why I don't post here :D

fastvdriver
08-02-2003, 02:43 PM
Just a side note About 7 years ago I had a customer make a appt. to bring in his boat to the shop the day of the appt. he never showed up the very next day the customer calls and asks about his boat? that he had left on the side street by the shop. customers left the boats on the street all the time pretty safe area. So at this time we call the police and report the boat stolen! 2 weeks later I'm asked to go for a ride with the police to the customers house only to Identify some of the custom made parts the fit the stolen boat ie. a special gas tank that fit in the floor that was covered in melted fiberglass. the boat was a 1994 Ski Brendella Barefooter. The guy could no longer make his payments so he just burned it and tried to get the ins. money!!!

h2oski2fast
08-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Wow, lots of opinions here. If you haven't been to commander's facility in Perris,CA then it's hard comment on the truth of the story. I have been there, and it would be very easy to pull in, hook up a boat and drive off with no one even asking a question.
As far as commander's service, well, I'm not gonna get into that again. But you can read this thread if you like:
http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000767
After all is said and done, We're still have problems, but are going to wait till winter to get the rest taken care of, or even put the thing on the auction block.
Sy, has always been cordial to me. He has always taken my calls and we have a business relationship that is still intact. In fact I have done graphic designs for them. The lastest having come out in the newest issue of HB Mag. It's not the best picture angle.
Be safe and I'll see you at the river!

C-2
08-03-2003, 10:26 PM
HolyMoly:
P.S. - Commander was not at the Boat Show this year - so the whole post starts off with false info. And, if this story was from last year or earlier...Tige' has only been across the street during one boat show, before that they were in Riverside. I know...facts, truth, and logic are again totally irrelevent. DING DING DING!!!
We have a winner here!
Agreed.
:D :D :D

Hermosa
08-04-2003, 06:55 AM
C-2:
HolyMoly:
P.S. - Commander was not at the Boat Show this year - so the whole post starts off with false info. And, if this story was from last year or earlier...Tige' has only been across the street during one boat show, before that they were in Riverside. I know...facts, truth, and logic are again totally irrelevent. DING DING DING!!!
We have a winner here!
Agreed.
:D :D :D Are you sure, I thought I saw Sy at the LA boat show this year... I know i did. Think his boats were down by the Ultra Boats display. Anyhow, I think it is a PR thing for Tige.

Rock-N-Boardin
08-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Hello all, I just came across this site, I was going to post this story, only to find out it had been posted by someone else. I was the original poster on Wakeworld.com. Because I own a Tige' wakeboard boat, that is where I spend my time. But I am a boating enthusiast at heart and am in to all kinds of boats.
It is kinda crazy coming to a thread that you started, after it has been thrown around for comments by many, usually you ad your 2 cents along the way.
This is a true story, I just put a call into my buddy to get the latest on it. I hadn't talked to him since I left the original post, but here is what he told me.
Commanders insurance is going to pay now, I ASSUME because my buddy's insurance company's legal department has pressured them into it.
But in response to a few of you:
He left the gear in the boat because he thought it was only going to be there for the day.
I will try to get a picture of the boat from him, I have one, but it does not really show enough of the boat to do much good, "it was taken from inside my boat, with his being tied up against mine", but it's a good idea, as maybe someone here has seen it.
As far as the boat show part, I will get clarification on that, I just put in another call for him, the main reason he bought a Commander was his brother owns one and has had it for 6 years, and in general was happy with it. He went to the LA boat show and ordered his right after or during the show. There is a chance I misunderstood him, if in fact I was wrong, it was not for a deliberate reason. The real relevant facts are as close to the truth as I could pass on, second hand.
The bottom line is he still has never heard anything from Commander since his initial disappointment. I was not there to know how irate he got towards them that night. But I will say, to see something like this thrown around on a major discussion board with 85 posts on this thread alone and they don't come on to defend themselves? I think that shows volumes about the truth of my story. If I went on wakeworld.com and posted something similar about any of the prominent manufactures, especially if it was a lie, they would be on there so quick, my prop would spin.
Or if it was a true story, they would be on there doing damage control, I have seen it many times on that board. They acknowledge something has happened, apologize usually saying it was a one time screw up "we all have them", make it right and then everyone says wow that was cool, they really do care about their customers, the company comes out smelling like roses.
So someone said 5 boats were heisted from their lot around the 4th, interesting. Someone also said they might go BK, I have no way of knowing if that is true, probably isn't, but as a warning, if they were to go into liquidation or any other manufacturer for that matter and you had put a big deposit on a custom boat, good luck ever getting your $$$ back, beware.
Ask any questions you like, I will do my best to answer. I also sent my buddy this link, he is going to freak when he reads it. I hope he registers and comes on himself, he has never been on a message board before, who knows you might recruit another person to ***boats.
Cheers

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2003, 03:15 PM
R & B I shot you a 5er great 1st post.
There was some major bashing on my fishing forum of one of the largest and most popular fishing vessels.
It had the typical uniformed .02 cent post and the famous why doesn't so and so come on here to defend themselves.
Well this goes on for a few more weeks when the Owner of the Vessel comes on the boards and responds and clear up things with the real facts and story. eek!
Well long story short everyone who had posted about $1.02 and not .02 was wrong and they all claimed to jump to conclusions prior to getting any concrete evidence or facts.
This won't be the last debate we have on these boards. LOL
Good luck, hope it all works out for your bro. wink
HDD :cool:

Rock-N-Boardin
08-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Hey HDD,
thanks for the well wishes and your right LOL it can become the wild wild west sometimes!! LOL
Cheers

SVO 540
08-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Commander was at the 2003 LA Boat Show. They were downstairs next to Ultra. In same area as all the suppliers like Imco, Rex Marine, Teague, etc.

nextasex
08-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Centurion is a buddy of mine. He is not taking any sides nor stirring anything up nor advertising for anyone! I am sure he posted that thread for some people's interest around here. It was very interesting and messed up at the same time. Hopefully Commander can make that guy happy and I don't put it passed them to. Hey Brian, see what you have caused bro argue argue wink anyway, to that new guy that clarified things, nice post. Brian, let me know when the next wakeboarding trip is.
See ya,
Frank

centurion
08-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Frank,
Yeah, I'll have to call you next time...I am outta town this weekend but next weekend should be around.
Give your family my best...and call me sometime - I gotta hear about the new addition to the family!
B

nextasex
08-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Cool, I will call you.
Frank