PDA

View Full Version : 03 dodge lift???

Phat_Kat
08-04-2003, 08:46 AM
I just got a new dodge 1500 short bed quad cab yesterday and I'm quite pleased with it overal. No pics yet but I'll get some. The one thing that really gets me, besides the Hemi :D , is the ride. It's sooo smooth and comfortable. I don't like trucks quite as low as this one and I was wondering if there is a lift out there that will meet or beat the ride quality of the stock setup.
Thanks

BajaMike
08-04-2003, 09:47 AM
I haven't heard of any lift kit for the new Dodge, but I would bet that any lift kit you add is going to hurt that smoothe ride. It will also hurt you towing ability. Are you going to tow with that truck? Do you know what the tow rating is? I'm thinking about getting a new truck and I sure like the looks of the Dodge quad cab.
Mike

Phat_Kat
08-04-2003, 10:01 AM
BajaMike:
I haven't heard of any lift kit for the new Dodge, but I would bet that any lift kit you add is going to hurt that smoothe ride. It will also hurt you towing ability. Are you going to tow with that truck? Do you know what the tow rating is? I'm thinking about getting a new truck and I sure like the looks of the Dodge quad cab.
Mike I don't plan on doing much towing really. I just want a little more hieght for a better overal appearence.

Hermosa
08-04-2003, 10:36 AM
I like that truck also, and I'm looking at them at Frahm Dodge, Mrs. Boatnam gave me the hook-up with the fleet manager, they have the best prices and inventory from what I have seen. Anyhow, getting back to the question, if I got the 2WD, I would want to drop the back down a little, so it's level, maybe add bags for towing... I don't know. Raised up would be nice, but I'm thinking lower and level. Any imput???

Phat_Kat
08-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Hermosa:
I like that truck also, and I'm looking at them at Frahm Dodge, Mrs. Boatnam gave me the hook-up with the fleet manager, they have the best prices and inventory from what I have seen. Anyhow, getting back to the question, if I got the 2WD, I would want to drop the back down a little, so it's level, maybe add bags for towing... I don't know. Raised up would be nice, but I'm thinking lower and level. Any imput??? I'd jack up the front and supercharge that engine. It already throws in you in the seat really good but why not go for a little more :D

Phat_Kat
08-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Forensic:
Try this site... http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/CST20024.html I kinda got dizzy but are they basically saying that they can hold the stock ride on the 6"?

boatnam2
08-04-2003, 11:39 AM
missboatnams boy has a new 2003 1500 2wd with a 8 inch lift and 35's.it rides pretty good he got mudders so the tire creates a little vibration.dont know of many lifts that improve ride though.his lift was done by custom motor sports in corona they make the lift themselves.

Phat_Kat
08-04-2003, 11:48 AM
boatnam2:
missboatnams boy has a new 2003 1500 2wd with a 8 inch lift and 35's.it rides pretty good he got mudders so the tire creates a little vibration.dont know of many lifts that improve ride though.his lift was done by custom motor sports in corona they make the lift themselves. thans for the info. Is the ride pretty equal to the stock one though?

blownmoney
08-04-2003, 02:45 PM
i've got a 5.5 fabtech on my 98 dodge and the ride is great..obviously it dosent corner like it did at stock height, but other than that the ride is great, i'm sure fabtech makes a lift for the 03-04 model

Boozer
08-04-2003, 02:53 PM
My ladies step dad is one of the head fabricators for fab-tech. If you want me to check I can see if they have a kit that'll fit your truck in the works and find out when it'll be done. If anyone knows when it'll be done he'll be the guy because he's the guy that fabricates all of their lifts.
Probably can't get you a brake on price though. He wouldn't even give her the hook up on a lift for her suburban.

Phat_Kat
08-04-2003, 02:56 PM
blownmoney:
i've got a 5.5 fabtech on my 98 dodge and the ride is great..obviously it dosent corner like it did at stock height, but other than that the ride is great, i'm sure fabtech makes a lift for the 03-04 model No offense but have you been in the newer dodges? They ride like a caddilac man. Every bump in the road almost disappears! It's the most incredible ride in a truck that I've ever experienced. The 345 pony engine throws your ass right into the seat. I owned an 2000 offroad edition and my father had a 1996 1500 and they both rode well..... like trucks. Hard, bumpy, and every bump you hit you could hear from inside the cab. I'm not saying they were bad trucks, I'm just saying that this time around I got a lot more than I expected. I would have bought a GM but my mother and father have ALWAYS had bad luck with GM products, mainly trannies, and I am a little scared that they passed the bad luck onto me.

Phat_Kat
08-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Boozer:
My ladies step dad is one of the head fabricators for fab-tech. If you want me to check I can see if they have a kit that'll fit your truck in the works and find out when it'll be done. If anyone knows when it'll be done he'll be the guy because he's the guy that fabricates all of their lifts.
Probably can't get you a brake on price though. He wouldn't even give her the hook up on a lift for her suburban. yes boozer please look into that for me. I'd actually like to take a ride around in one just for a test. Just around the block and through a few dips and/or speed bumps.

Boozer
08-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Phat Kat she's going to talk ask her step dad the next time she talks to him which will probably be tonight. I'll let you know what she finds out.

Phat_Kat
08-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Boozer:
Phat Kat she's going to talk ask her step dad the next time she talks to him which will probably be tonight. I'll let you know what she finds out. thanks a ton man

Boozer
08-08-2003, 06:27 PM
I just got word from the guy designing the kit (Ladies step dad) He is actually fabricating the kit as we speak and expects it to hit the market in November. Also, they are expecting to be releasing a lift for the 4WD Durango pretty soon.