PDA

View Full Version : Alright fucknuts,,,Got one foe ya!

HOSS
08-04-2003, 06:25 PM
If Colin Powell had the Republican nomination for President,,,,,,,would you elect him? I right now could tell you without a doubt,,,,,YES!

SoCalOffshore
08-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Yes, but he wouldn't run untill after Bush's second term is over. Assuming Bush wins a second term. Additionally, I dont he would run as I am sure some freak would try and take him out. He basically said this in a speech I heard hime give in NYC some years ago.

jlnorthrup122
08-04-2003, 06:36 PM
well he might have a heart attack! :D I don't vote because I hate the government they are all curupt money hungry pigs and they are only in it for 2 things money and themselves! I feel that we could get rid of half of these stinking polititions and replace them with the peoples voice. burningm

HOSS
08-04-2003, 06:39 PM
Uh,,,buddy,,,, your vote is the peoples voice.

jlnorthrup122
08-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Yeah I know it should be. I think we should get rid of a shit load of them Like the house of reps and the senate then have the laws be requested by the people by placing a grievence at there post office or courthouse then 2 times a year people would be presented all the proposed laws then the people would have the opritunity to vote on the proposed laws then you would eliminate millions of dollars a year and put the choice were it belongs with the people!
Ah shit Hoss you got me getting political There goes the neighborhood!! :D

HOSS
08-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Well, surveys and past (all of `em) show that voters don`t like to be overwhelmed with TOO many ballots. So now what?

oldphart
08-04-2003, 07:13 PM
I'm afraid that Powell is a closet liberal. His insistance that the US win UN opproval of action in Afganistan and Irac shows that he is a world order man. When I was in the military (civil War) I'll be damned if I would be under the command of a foreigner. His color is of no matter to me, but I would like to see the man show some spine and tell the world"we are doing what is right for us! Either yer with us or with the rag heads.

jlnorthrup122
08-04-2003, 07:43 PM
originally posted by hoss:
Well, surveys and past (all of `em) show that voters don`t like to be overwhelmed with TOO many ballots. So now what?Oh Hell I don't know make it esier or something! use computers and minimise the proposals to a minamum? Ah hell it sounded like a good Idea though!

HCS
08-04-2003, 10:32 PM
I don't know why all the sudden politicians have
to be pansies and be politically correct.
That's why this country is under attack.
Too many damn bleeding hearts.
Colon wink Powell isn't tough enough for me.
We need do'ers not say'ers. :rolleyes:

GlastronGuy
08-04-2003, 11:33 PM
This Democracy thing is new to me. How can one person elect anyone? Did you mean vote for him?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-04-2003, 11:40 PM
I don't think I would call him a closet liberal. He is just a moderate. Moderates get the nominations. I don't think he will ever run though because his wife does not like to travel or be in the limelight. Has anyone ever seen his wife??? I know he was critisized for not traveling enough as the Sec. of State and that was the reason given. Bottom line: if mama don't want him to run, he ain't gonna run. It's a shame. I feel he's the only person in Washington with integrity.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-04-2003, 11:41 PM
[
[ August 05, 2003, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Mrs. Sportin' Wood ]

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-04-2003, 11:42 PM
oops! double post :o :o

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-05-2003, 08:16 AM
If he runs and makes it. I give hime less than a year before somebody takes him out. You thought Rodney King was bad :rolleyes: . I think we stand a better chance of seeing Hillary as president cry burningm . Not being racist just bein real.....
Omega

Tom Foolery
08-05-2003, 08:26 AM
I'd vote for him. I think he would do a really good job.

HOSS
08-05-2003, 08:51 AM
I think he is a "Tell it like it is" kinda guy. I`d vote for him. He is a realist. Reality is that there are very bad people influencing masses and will do bad things. He knows there are and tells it like it is. Gotta smoke them or they will smoke us.

summerlove
08-05-2003, 09:17 AM
jlnorthrup122:
Yeah I know it should be. I think we should get rid of a shit load of them Like the house of reps and the senate then have the laws be requested by the people by placing a grievence at there post office or courthouse then 2 times a year people would be presented all the proposed laws then the people would have the opritunity to vote on the proposed laws then you would eliminate millions of dollars a year and put the choice were it belongs with the people!
Like it or not, we still have the best system in the world! If you would like to live in and under a different system, then you should do your homework and move to the place that suits your needs. I love my country and all it stands for, even if I don't agree with everything. History has proven that nothing is for sure, and governments fall and resurrect all the time - just look at the chaos in Liberia that is going on right now. No one is ever totally happy, but everyone, and I mean everyone, wants to live in the U.S. Their jealosy of our constitutional freedoms is masked as violence towards us - the mentality is "if I can't have it, then neither can you" really sucks, and we need to protect our freedoms. Now, jlnorthrup122, if you want to change things, do it on your own turf, not mine. I like my lifestyle....Don't f' with it!

eliminatedsprinter
08-05-2003, 10:26 AM
I'd vote for him for prez. However, I'm hoping that Chaney will step down for the 04 election and Condi Rice would be the next VP.
[ August 05, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

VillainDave
08-05-2003, 12:38 PM
He would have my vote!

twistedpair
08-05-2003, 03:28 PM
eliminatedsprinter:
I'd vote for him for prez. However, I'm hoping that Chaney will step down for the 04 election and Condi Rice would be the next VP. Yeah, then in '08 Condi could kick Hillary's teeth in! Would'nt the libs just crap themselves! How to come up with a game plan to beat a Black female conservative. idea

jlnorthrup122
08-05-2003, 03:41 PM
originally posted by summerlove:
Originally posted by jlnorthrup122:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like it or not, we still have the best system in the world! If you would like to live in and under a different system, then you should do your homework and move to the place that suits your needs. I love my country and all it stands for, even if I don't agree with everything. History has proven that nothing is for sure, and governments fall and resurrect all the time - just look at the chaos in Liberia that is going on right now. No one is ever totally happy, but everyone, and I mean everyone, wants to live in the U.S. Their jealosy of our constitutional freedoms is masked as violence towards us - the mentality is "if I can't have it, then neither can you" really sucks, and we need to protect our freedoms. Now, jlnorthrup122, if you want to change things, do it on your own turf, not mine. I like my lifestyle....Don't f' with it! WTF you make it sound as if I am anti American here now I am 100% American and like you dont agree with everything about our government! So for the record I have done my homework and there ain't nothing in this world that is perfect and I feel that our governing system can be improved! I think the only real people that we have ever had in office were the originals. not to mention how easily everyone forgets all about the people who died for our freedoms from day one. and when I quote the originals I like to quote them once more they state in the original constitution that The UNITED STATES are to be a nuetral country and we will only comense to war when directly attacked Whats up with the korean war whats up whit vietnam whats up whit placing the jewish in palistine and then getting in the middle of there conflicks sidding with the jewish every time! whats up with us getting in the way of russia's affairs you know The United States would be allot better off if it would keep to itself and stay out of the middle of everyone elses bullshit! and not to mention all the working americans dollars going out to help third world countries! Yes I am compasionate of peoples missfortunes but **** where does it end? I mean we can nurse villages in africa back to health but veterans are shit outa luck if they get sick not to mention that there are to many of our elderly that cannot aford there meds but hey lets give all the third world countries billions of dollars.
don't get me wrong I am very supportive of my nation and agree that if you **** with the US you should and will pay the consequece! but I am not very ipressed with the government today for my own reasons and I hope as a fellow American you can respect that!

AzDon
08-05-2003, 04:13 PM
HOSS:
Uh,,,buddy,,,, your vote is the peoples voice. Hoss-
If our votes really meant anything, Mr. Bush would not be YOUR president!! (he'll never be MY president!) Mr. Gore won the majority of the People's votes and he'd have won the electoral vote if the supreme court had either split Florida's electoral votes near-evenly or set them aside as a clear attempt at being fair. I'm supposed to love this guy because I'm getting a $400 check instead of my Social Security but I feel we've allowed ourselves to be sold out cheap!
[ August 05, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: AzDon ]

AzDon
08-05-2003, 04:16 PM
GlastronGuy:
This Democracy thing is new to me. How can one person elect anyone? Did you mean vote for him? GW Bush was elected by one vote! It just happened that it was a Supreme Court Justice's vote!!

twistedpair
08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Ok, Don. I will concede that GW was selected (I know I selected him on my Ballot). But enlighten me. I just cannot understand how someone that is into powerboats and other recreational vehicles, or even unrestricted use of our natural resources for that matter, can vote democratic.
It seems to me that your party has been hijacked by the very people who would seek to see your lifestyle become obsolete. I don't want to get off on the whole republican/democrat tangent here, cuz if you ask me, the only time any politician stops lying is when he stops breathing. It just seems to me that the party that will do the least damage to my chosen lifestyle (motorsports, hunting, fishing, ya know, the whole whitetrash ball of wax)is those damn elephants.

HOSS
08-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Sorry Don but I gotta disagree. Your man Gore lost in the landslide "chad" lawsuit. He did not win according to electoral votes nor to the Florida ballot. Stick that shit in your ****in` peace pipe. :mad:

mickeyfinn
08-05-2003, 05:32 PM
AZDON,
Why is it that as long as the votes go for a democrat, florida's electoral votes were ok as they were, but when the electoral votes go to a republican the democrats scream foul? This Country was never meant to be a democracy (democracy=mob rule) but a republic. The electoral college was put into place as a way of helping to insure that we did not turn into a mob rule type country. For a long time I was one of the many people who would like to see the electoral college either abandoned or restructured. I now feel that abandoning it completely would be a mistake and do not feel that there is anyway to restructure it without both parties trying to spin it to there political best interest. Both of the parties would throw out the window any thought of what is the most fair way to restructure and do the best thing for the country and instead would simply look at history and try and establish the most favorable districts possible for their respective parties. If you want to do something to the popular vote system that would truly improve the system try this (It would kill the democrats though)
Allow all of the voters to rank their choices from 1-however many candidates there are.
If a voters #1 candidate fails to win then their vote goes to the person they selected as their #2 candidate. If that person fails to win it goes to #3 and so on. Right now the only hope the democrats have of hanging on is the hope that many of the disgruntled republicans start voting libertarian. This takes away from the number of replublican votes as most libertarian voters are ex republican voters. If you put the above system in place then people could vote for who they truly felt was best and still have the assurance that their vote is not wasted as if the 1st named candidate fails to win their vote would revert back to their second choice. I believe that 2 things would happen:
1. The libertarian party would immediately become a real player in the elections and
2. The democrats would win almost no elections on the federal level as the republican vote would no longer be split between the republicans and the democrats
Or if you want a simple fix just put a "none of the above" on the ballot. If none of the above wins all parties must submit new candidates and a new vote will take place until an acceptable candidate is submitted.