PDA

View Full Version : Click This If You Are Fat

Hallett19
02-25-2003, 12:27 PM
I am no dietician, but... after having a g/f for a year and a few months, I put on some extra lbs that I no longer wanted. So, I went to the bookstore and picked up an atkins diet book, started to read it and got into it. 5 weeks later I am 13 lbs skinner !!!! This diet is a muther F'er to do, it sucks, it really really sucks, but it really really really really works. I got my gradfather on it, he is 100 lbs over weight, he has lost 22 lbs in 5 weeks and he sits and wathes tv all day. The diet makes you loose fat, not muscle, the diet actually supports any lean muscle you have becuase the of the protien intake. So when I saw my grandfather this weekend, he looked great, he wants to loose another 50 lbs or so and I think he can do it in another 2 months. If you guys want the lowdown on the diet let me know, but I strongly recomend you get the book, it really holds your hand through the process.

Jordy
02-25-2003, 01:22 PM
I've heard it works great. On the downside, supposedly once you start eating regular food again all the weight comes back. I've cut back like 99% on beer from what I used to drink and lost more than 15 pounds in 3 months and that's just from beer. Now I'm cutting the soda out too and we'll see what happens.

Blown 472
02-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Soda is a f*cking killer for tacking on weight, but the caffinee oh the caffinee, god I love it. You think I could sue pepsi for making addictive stuff much like the cig comps?

MJ19
02-25-2003, 01:36 PM
I don't follow that actual diet plan, but I do cut out many of the unnecessary carbs. I noticed when I cut down on the carbs I feel much more energized. When I eat those nasty carbs I feel yucky and bloated. My doctor actually told me to try and cut out carbs completely...she said that we get enough carbs from fruits and veggies, all the breads we eat are not needed & extra. I find it a very easy way to eat. I don't restrict myself to NO CARBS but I do notice when I eat them.
Side note: In & Out Burger makes an EXCELLENT burger "protein style" and it's 1000 times yummier then the regular in & out burger. :D

Jordy
02-25-2003, 01:40 PM
I don't know about the lettuce for the bun deal with the protein burger. I mean, if you're going to eat fast food, enjoy it. Don't skimp on the buns and try to make it healthy.
Just go on the Jared diet... "My neck looks like a vagina."
http://www.tvdance.com/austin_powers_goldmember/mm1.gif http://www.tvdance.com/austinpowers2/images/fatdance-.gif

FishBoneRipple III
02-25-2003, 01:43 PM
"On the downside, supposedly once you start eating regular food again all the weight comes back."That's the problem / fallacy with any diet. Atkins makes it very clear that this is a life-style change and NOT a diet.
Think about it - there is no such thing as "regular food" after any diet - if you want to maintain the weight loss.
Atkins just tries to make it easier to maintain your weight after loss, by giving you a fairly well rounded diet of protein, lots of veggies (sans potatoes or other hi carb vegetables), selected fruit, AND a measured low level of carbohydrates.
He makes it very clear that everyone's carbohydrate tolerance level is different. So, you have to expirement with it after you lose the weight.
He also makes it very clear that exercise should be part of everyone's daily routine to keep fit, help maintain weight loss, etc.
It works IF you stay with the life-style change idea. It's just so much easier than the, "all rice diet," the "all water diet," "the grapefruit diet," but not nearly as much fun as the "all beer diet - with a gram of protein in every bottle."

MJ19
02-25-2003, 01:46 PM
jordanpaulk:
I don't know about the lettuce for the bun deal with the protein burger. I mean, if you're going to eat fast food, enjoy it. I actually like it better...I always thought their burgers were a touch too dry with the bun...but with the lettuce it's moist and yummy...I love the cool crisp bite into warm soft meat :) YUMMY...my mouth is watering (no preverted comments needed) :p
[ February 25, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

Jordy
02-25-2003, 01:48 PM
MJ19:
I love the cool crisp bite into warm soft meat :) I don't think I need to make a comment, but I'm about to fall off my chair laughing at this one. :D

Blown 472
02-25-2003, 01:49 PM
...I love the cool crisp bite into warm soft meat :) YUMMY...my mouth is watering (no preverted comments needed) :p [/QB][/QUOTE]
Ahhhh, nevermind..

Hallett19
02-25-2003, 01:51 PM
I used to be big into silvers, now its time for the Ultra's baby, they taste so damn good and the bottle looks very classy. The first time I had a michelob was 2 years ago while in Florida for spring break and it was a damn good beer, and when the Ultra came out, I changed my beer of choice. So catch me, froggy and pickle the load running coolers full of Ultra's at the river!!!!
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/128wp1.jpg
[ February 25, 2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

MJ19
02-25-2003, 01:58 PM
jordanpaulk:
MJ19:
I love the cool crisp bite into warm soft meat :) I don't think I need to make a comment, but I'm about to fall off my chair laughing at this one. :D In hind sight I knew you and Blown would love that one :p :D

Jordy
02-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Hallett19:
they taste so damn good and the bottle looks very classy. Out here they kind of frown on you taking bottles to the lake. Lots of places will give you a ticky for it.
eek!

Hallett19
02-25-2003, 02:13 PM
DID YOU HEAR THAT MICHELOB, MAKE US SOME CANS FELLAS !!!! Has anyone had them though, they really are good and girls like them alot !

MJ19
02-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Hallett19:
DID YOU HEAR THAT MICHELOB, MAKE US SOME CANS FELLAS !!!! Has anyone had them though, they really are good and girls like them alot ! Some girls will drink anything :rolleyes: j/k
Jordy, will they ticket for wine bottles??? :D

Jordy
02-25-2003, 02:18 PM
MJ19:
Jordy, will they ticket for wine bottles??? :D Do you need an answer to that?
Perhaps I can interest you in a nice box of wine. You should be ok with that. :D

Froggystyle
02-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Hallett19:
So catch me, froggy and pickle the load running coolers full of Ultra's at the river!!!!
Speak for yourself!!! I am running the Miller Lite now since the great commercials. I have, and will always support companies that include lesbian overtures in their marketing plans.

MJ19
02-25-2003, 02:28 PM
jordanpaulk:
Perhaps I can interest you in a nice box of wine. You should be ok with that. :D No thanks, No boxes here please!!! Call me a wine snob, I'm just not into that boxed wine stuff. :D Prefer a good bottle of Syrah by Andrew Murray, Beckmen or Qupé.
Yet back to the topic on hand...wine has a lot of carbs too...maybe I'll have to try that low carb beer wink

miller19j
02-25-2003, 02:35 PM
MJ19:
No thanks, No boxes here please!!! Call me a wine snob, I'm just not into that boxed wine stuff. :D Prefer a good bottle of Syrah by Andrew Murray, Beckmen or Qupé.
Yet back to the topic on hand...wine has a lot of carbs too...maybe I'll have to try that low carb beer wink What about Tinsley (sp) frown

Sandbar Junkies
02-25-2003, 02:38 PM
I used to be big into silvers, now its time for the Ultra's baby, they taste so damn good and the bottle looks very classy. The first time I had a michelob was 2 years ago while in Florida for spring break and it was a damn good beer, and when the Ultra came out, I changed my beer of choice. So catch me, froggy and pickle the load running coolers full of Ultra's at the river!!!!
I use to be a Michelob Light Girl all the way!!!! Now I'm totally a MICHELOB ULTRA GIRL!!! I loooooooooove Michelob. It's tastes so damn good. I bought it in Havasu last summer and instantly fell in love. I tried buying it @ home and nobody had ever heard of it. It took 2-3 months before any of the liquor stores had 'em around here. That's what I'm talking about!!! MICHELOB ULTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :cool:
Mrs. Sandbar Junky

AZKC
02-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Hallett19:
DID YOU HEAR THAT MICHELOB, MAKE US SOME CANS FELLAS !!!! Has anyone had them though, they really are good and girls like them alot ! I pound those things daily and cut back on the carbs to 20-30 grams aday(not counting the beer :p ) I lost 45lbs in about 6 months. Have gained some back(10lbs)thanks to the holidays :(
Stick with it
KC
KC

AZKC
02-25-2003, 02:51 PM
miller19j:
MJ19:
No thanks, No boxes here please!!! Call me a wine snob, I'm just not into that boxed wine stuff. :D Prefer a good bottle of Syrah by Andrew Murray, Beckmen or Qupé.
Yet back to the topic on hand...wine has a lot of carbs too...maybe I'll have to try that low carb beer wink What about Tinsley (sp) :( Sounds like you guys live in wine country :D Miller get to work on that motor :)
KC

miller19j
02-25-2003, 03:33 PM
AZKC:
Sounds like you guys live in wine country :D Miller get to work on that motor :)
KC Yep, I look at my family’s vineyard every morning as I drive out the drive way. :)

Nokomis
02-26-2003, 07:06 AM
Ultra is making beer now too? Cool! What kind of options? Balsa cored cooler? Billet cap? Custom label?

MJ19
02-26-2003, 08:09 AM
miller19j:
What about Tensley ( YES...I'll drink to Tensley As well!!! :D How could I forget my beloved Joey Tensley? :rolleyes:
AZKC...you got it, wino through and through wink :D
[ February 26, 2003, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

Blown 472
02-26-2003, 08:22 AM
You walk around on them in a vat like Lucy??
Them being grapes, sheesh looks like a picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
[ February 26, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Cole
02-26-2003, 08:23 AM
i have aquired the taste for the 5.9% alcohol content of.....NATURAL ICE!!!!! 3 beers and i am done smile_sp smile_sp .
less carbs,less calories,less everything,cause i drink half of what it would take to get my hard earned buzzzz.
yes it tastes rank but after one, i think it strips all your taste buds away!!!Cole

Blown 472
02-26-2003, 08:24 AM
Cole:
i have aquired the taste for the 5.9% alcohol content of.....NATURAL ICE!!!!! 3 beers and i am done smile_sp smile_sp .
less carbs,less calories,less everything,cause i drink half of what it would take to get my hard earned buzzzz.
yes it tastes rank but after one, i think it strips all your taste buds away!!!Cole Gin and tonic.

MJ19
02-26-2003, 08:26 AM
Blown 472:
You walk around on them in a vat like Lucy??
Them being grapes, sheesh looks like a picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. As a matter of fact, yes I have done that before...and actually it was pretty cool feeling on the feet...but after several folks got stung by bees I figured I better quit while I was ahead :D
Off to class now...have a fun day!!! :)

Blown 472
02-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Sounds like you are into all kinds of touchy feely things, cool crisp meat, grapes on the feet, tons of shoes and swim suits. Any chance you could send me a popsicle stick wif some dna?? :D

Catmando
02-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Last time I tried the Atkins Diet my LDL cholesterol and blood pressure shot through the roof. jawdrop Now I just eat tuna, chicken, turkey and cut down on the carbs.

Blown 472
02-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Catmando:
Last time I tried the Atkins Diet my LDL cholesterol and blood pressure shot through the roof. jawdrop Now I just eat tuna, chicken, turkey and cut down on the carbs. Dont forget tha clams.

Cole
02-26-2003, 12:21 PM
Dont forget the clams?????
whats cha talkin willis????
eek! Cole

bigq
02-26-2003, 03:51 PM
I didn't do the Adkins diet, was a bit on the extreame side for the protein diet. I did use a protein diet called Protein power. I started it for one because I told by my doctor that I had high blood pressure, at the age of 33! Also I was getting a little fat. So after some research I started the Protein Power Plan. Has worked out great. Lost my 40 pounds and dropped my bp from 148/85 to 131/80. It has turned out to be more of a lifestyle change than a diet and thats how you need to look at it. Anyone interested should get a book on it. the book I used had a lot of studies and history as to why our diet should be low carbs, very interesting reading.
heres a link Protein Power (http://www.eatprotein.com/)

Cole
02-26-2003, 04:22 PM
i was talking to my girlfriend, who is pretty much a fitness guru and she told me the adkins diet or just cutting out carbs is the only way to go!!!last year i was at about 190 and she got me down to about 168 and ripped{had me working out also}and it did not take long at all.
No breads,cereal,pasta,beer,and the big one that someone mentioned earlier....soft drinks!!! cut out soft drinks and that will make a huge difference!!!!
Now is the time to start,i am back up to about 178 and need to get back on it,beer and soft drinks are probably what killed it....and i havn't worked out!
I didn't read the book, but what do they suggest on a daily regimine...i'm curious?????
Cole

MJ19
02-26-2003, 04:44 PM
Blown 472:
Sounds like you are into all kinds of touchy feely things, cool crisp meat, grapes on the feet, tons of shoes and swim suits. Any chance you could send me a popsicle stick wif some dna?? :D Ahhhh....I don't think so...that would be a NO! wink
Now Blown...I'm not sure if you remembered your meds today :confused: ...so in the chance you did forget to take your meds, I'll give ya a break and assume you aren't really asking me for a used wooden woodie...That's just too gross. yuk