PDA

View Full Version : Which are the nicest hotels in Havi?

Wake Havasu
03-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Which are the nicest hotels in Havi?

BADBLOWN572
03-17-2006, 04:08 PM
London Bridge Hotel
Nautical Inn
Queens Bay

cc322
03-17-2006, 04:11 PM
My condo :rollside: ..............seriously I have stayed at the Ramada but it was ok, thats all I have ever stayed bseides the Best Western. Guess It depends on how much you want to pay.

Biglue
03-17-2006, 04:26 PM
London Bridge Resort. Fairly pricey though.

trailerpark_tj
03-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Super 8 on London Bridge Road...seriously, how much time do you spend in the room anyway?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Super 8 on London Bridge Road...seriously, how much time do you spend in the room anyway?
Is that anything like The Sand Man?? LOL
I would rent a park model at the Islander.

2Driver
03-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Personally I am done with LHC hotels. $$$, lack luster service, parking lot theft. I'm going house rental from here on in even on weekend stays. Way better deal in my opinion.
Try: http://www.havasuvacationrentals.com/listings/houses_bedroom_3.htm
Although I do like the lower parlor suites at the Nautical if you don't mind dealing with the hotel in general being in the cove is cool.

TCHB
03-17-2006, 07:53 PM
We rent our home to boaters in the summer and we have heard over and over.
1. Much nicer and cleaner
2. Early check in no problem
3. Late check out no problem
4. Garage
5. Secure boat parking
and it is almost the same price and much bigger.

Havasudan
03-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Check out Rentalo.com I stay at a place named Havasupervacation It a nice place on the southend which is very cool. Many homes to choose from.
Good luck,
Havasudan

Magic34
03-17-2006, 09:00 PM
5. Secure boat parking
and it is almost the same price and much bigger.
How is the boat parking secure? I would be very interested if my boat would be safe.

ovrkll77
03-17-2006, 09:03 PM
not a hotel, more like vacation home...bridgeview :p I like being a few feet away from my boat when I sleep.

HALLETT BOY
03-17-2006, 09:15 PM
I've always stayed at the Island Inn, on the island. Away from the roving trouble makers and secure boat parking, also clean rooms and a nice resturant !

ovrkll77
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
I've always stayed at the Island Inn, on the island. Away from the roving trouble makers and secure boat parking, also clean rooms and a nice resturant !how secure is the parking? This sounds good.

TCHB
03-17-2006, 09:41 PM
The parking is in the back of the house at the end of quiet culdasak. Last year other boat people left there boat there for months with no problems. You can see the house under Havasu summer rental TCHB.

HYPNAUTIC
03-18-2006, 12:25 AM
We like the Hampton Inn on London Bridge Rd. Free breakfast and goodie bag to take with you on the water.
Park in the back by the pool so you can watch your boat. The boat parking is off to the side where its out of everyones view. Security is pretty good about watching the area.

purrfecttremor
03-18-2006, 07:37 AM
how secure is the parking? This sounds good.
My boat was broke into a couple years ago at the islander but the manager stepped and payed for everything!!! They do have a guard on duty but the focker was aslee :hammer2: p They sent him to kingman after that!!LOL I
dont stay in hotels anymore but if we did I wouldnt hesitate to stay there.

Never Too Old
03-18-2006, 07:50 AM
The Hampton Inn is good except that the windows in the rooms don't open. That's a deal breaker if you like fresh air. We got a balcony room hoping to solve that problem but there are no screen doors so we couldn't leave the door open.
Nautical Inn is better but don't waste your time and money at the restaurant. Worst breakfast and dinner I have ever paid for.

2Driver
03-18-2006, 08:47 AM
How is the boat parking secure? I would be very interested if my boat would be safe.
THere is a home with a 50' garage 3 bedroom 2 bath. $250 night with a pool.
See the link in my earlier post to this thread.

locogringo
03-18-2006, 09:29 AM
London Bridge Hotel
Nautical Inn
Queens Bay
I agree completely

a catered life
03-18-2006, 10:21 AM
My condo :rollside: ..............seriously I have stayed at the Ramada but it was ok, thats all I have ever stayed bseides the Best Western. Guess It depends on how much you want to pay.
agreed
each one offers something different if you want to cook a little go to the london b or if you just want a decent bed to role around in then take one of the cheapy ones after all its about the water anyway

phebus
03-18-2006, 10:25 AM
The Hampton Inn is good except that the windows in the rooms don't open. That's a deal breaker if you like fresh air. We got a balcony room hoping to solve that problem but there are no screen doors so we couldn't leave the door open.
Nautical Inn is better but don't waste your time and money at the restaurant. Worst breakfast and dinner I have ever paid for.
Through the years, we have either stayed at, or been to almost every hotel in Havasu.
For the cleanest, most kept up place, with great lake views, I don't think you can beat the Hampton Inn.

Havasu Cig
03-18-2006, 01:21 PM
THere is a home with a 50' garage 3 bedroom 2 bath. $250 night with a pool.
See the link in my earlier post to this thread.
I need to start renting my house during the summer. :cool:

gqchris
03-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I always stay at Nautical because of the fact that you can leave your boat in the water, but last summer, every night pulling in was a fight for a space. It got old real quick, lots of hotheads and fire starters looking to pick fights. Kinda silly.

CMATT21
03-18-2006, 03:02 PM
www.kingsviewcondo.com
Matto

Wizard29
03-18-2006, 06:42 PM
We stayed at the London Bridge Resort last year. Nice place, but they make you unhitch your (boat) trailer from your tow vehicle if you want to park it in their lot. If you don't, they give you a warning and then tow/ticket it depending on what they are allowed to do. I ended up parking it in a nearby lot of another place and wasn't happy about it because I couldn't monitor it. Too much of a pain in the ass to unhitch the trailer and park it in their designated area and then go park the truck in the other designated area. BS.
If you are towing a boat and want to park it where you are staying, I wouldn't recommend that place.

imbndvs
03-18-2006, 06:47 PM
May as well ask where Santa Clause is. A nice hotel in Havasu does not exist.

2Driver
03-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I need to start renting my house during the summer. :cool:
The direct rentals from owners seem a lot lower. The one for $250/night is through an agency which tacks on a fair overhead. I'm guessing the owners aren't netting even $100-$140/night, plus they get what they get as far as renters. The one for $250 has a heated pool! By the time you add up the damage from renting to a different person each weekend, utilities etc it's not a win fall I'm sure. When we had our place there we thought about renting it out from time to time but my personality just couldn't handle it. :crossx:

lalhc
03-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey 2Driver - I rent my home during the winter through Havasu Rentals. They only rent out quality homes to quality people. They do pre and post walk-through's w/renters. Any damage to my home is paid by the renter. To me they're an extra layer of insurance and I don't have to deal with check-in's and check-out's while in California. Their fee isn't that bade either. I'm netting more through them than I would on my own.

455Rocket
03-18-2006, 11:01 PM
I always stay at Nautical because of the fact that you can leave your boat in the water, but last summer, every night pulling in was a fight for a space. It got old real quick, lots of hotheads and fire starters looking to pick fights. Kinda silly.
Tell me about it... Been through that shit and "security" just shrugs their shoulders (but to be fair they have the same reaction for just about anything you do on that beach... I swear, we've had some GOOD times)
But staring at your boat from your balcony, and having it 30 yards away at your beckon call is the ultimate.

cc322
03-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Why would anybody want to rent a hotel when you can rent this for 75.00 a night
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107340&highlight=havasu+condo

All IN
03-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Nothing beats beaching your boat and walking 20 feet to your hotel door and they have a launch ramp.
NAUTICAL IS THE BEST HOTEL IN LH