PDA

View Full Version : Boat Insurance just Cancelled! Farmers! Ooppss!

bear down
09-16-2003, 06:46 AM
Just an FYI the insurance company that underwrites boat insurance for Farmer's Foremost insurance said that they will no longer cover any boats starting early next year. This works out for me since I am getting a 28 Eagle next year, but just thought I would let you guys know if you happen to be insured by Farmers. Does anyone recommend a good insurance company that will cover a 28 V-Hull with a HP525, might as well and start looking. Thanks
[ September 17, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: bear down ]

26 QUEST
09-16-2003, 06:49 AM
STATE FARM INS.

LaveyJet
09-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Try the homies in Redlands,
Sawyer Cook, 793-2814
Farmers cancelled my insurance, these guys were less.

h2oski2fast
09-16-2003, 10:19 AM
you mean a 28 v-hull with a LOW HP 502, right! wink wink

bear down
09-16-2003, 11:13 AM
h2oski2fast:
you mean a 28 v-hull with a LOW HP 502, right! wink wink Yeah That's it!!!! You know I was thinking about not giving the full info. on the motor, but after seeing that HTM Flip during that speed run and if this guy lied about his HP and motor and if his insurance finds out, that policy would be cancelled so quick. I just don't want to take that chance.

SCHWETTYBALLS
09-16-2003, 11:20 AM
PROGGRESIVE IS THE SHIT!!

Outnumbered
09-16-2003, 11:27 AM
bear down:
Just an FYI the insurance company that underwrites boat insurance for Farmer's Foremost insurance said that they will no longer cover any boats starting early next year. This works out for me since I am getting a 28 Eagle next year, but just thought I would let you guys know if you happen to be insured by Farmers. Does anyone recommend a good insurance company that will cover a 28 V-Hull with a HP525, might as well and start looking. Thanks Bear, try AAA. I have had good luck with them and only pay about $275 per year. I know our boats are apples to oranges but I have $500,000 liability (required on our lake). I had quotes as high a $1100 per year. My premium actually went down last year. Give them a call. If you can't get anywhere let me know and I will dig their # up for you.
OL

spectratoad
09-16-2003, 11:40 AM
Gee, my farmers agent just asked if I was going to renew this morning. I had foremost but didn't renew since the price went up. I guess I will shop elsewhere then.

bear down
09-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Old Lavey:
bear down:
Just an FYI the insurance company that underwrites boat insurance for Farmer's Foremost insurance said that they will no longer cover any boats starting early next year. This works out for me since I am getting a 28 Eagle next year, but just thought I would let you guys know if you happen to be insured by Farmers. Does anyone recommend a good insurance company that will cover a 28 V-Hull with a HP525, might as well and start looking. Thanks Bear, try AAA. I have had good luck with them and only pay about $275 per year. I know our boats are apples to oranges but I have $500,000 liability (required on our lake). I had quotes as high a $1100 per year. My premium actually went down last year. Give them a call. If you can't get anywhere let me know and I will dig their # up for you.
OL Thanks for the heads up, I have a couple of quotes coming in, I'll let you know if things don't work out.

little rowe boat
09-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Try Leisure craft,they are out of Newport beach or Costa mesa. :D

Formula Dude
09-16-2003, 04:18 PM
Bear, try AAA. I have had good luck with them and only pay about $275 per year. I know our boats are apples to oranges but I have $500,000 liability (required on our lake). I had quotes as high a $1100 per year. My premium actually went down last year. Give them a call. If you can't get anywhere let me know and I will dig their # up for you. Old Lavey
AAA does not insure boats that are longer than 26'. They insure my fishing boat (Proline), house and all vehicles. They would not insure my Formula. The only reasonable insurance I found was Allstate.
[ September 16, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Formula Dude ]

MagicMtnDan
09-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Glad to see you haven't slit your wrists based on the miserable start your Bears are off to! You must be ready to put coach Jauron and Kordell in a rowboat and send 'em out to greet hurricane Isabel, right?

VillainDave
09-16-2003, 04:24 PM
I have the same problem I might try AAA

cola
09-16-2003, 04:45 PM
http://www.westmarinsurance.com/
Try Westmar they right all sizes
Later, Mike

sidewound
09-16-2003, 05:12 PM
That's wierd! My guy from farmers was just here today. He took pics to submit to the underwriters. He wasn't even interested in HP. I had originally told my old agent that it it was what I thought was a 150 hp jet. The new guy came out today and I told him the boat was more hp than that and he said we'll just leave it like it is. Wierd shit.
I got a costomer loyalty award after 10 yrs with the company and don't think they can cancell me regardless. I guess I'll find out.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

mbrown2
09-16-2003, 07:26 PM
It all depends on the Farmers agent you are dealing with...if the Agent is good, he will go to other underwriters...mine is covering the boat through Ace for the same price I was quoted through Allied...ACE and Markel are two of the only Cat carrier, Farmers would not cover it.....

Oxnard
09-16-2003, 08:11 PM
[ September 16, 2003, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Oxnard ]

Oxnard
09-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Beardown et al, try Tony Freeman, State Farm
129 N. McKinley st. 113, Corona, Calif. 92879
(909) 280-3516, fax (909) 340-3568
Magnolia and McKinley, at the 91 and 15 freeways,
good guy and knows his stuff
Oxnard

Sherpa
09-17-2003, 05:53 AM
Old Lavey:
bear down:
OL Hey Old Lavey,
are you saying that Lake Arrowhead has an
INSURANCE REQUIREMENT with 500k liability-?
I've never heard of a lake requiring insurance
before..... can you elaborate please...?
thanks,
--Sherpa

bear down
09-17-2003, 06:34 AM
MagicMtnDan:
Glad to see you haven't slit your wrists based on the miserable start your Bears are off to! You must be ready to put coach Jauron and Kordell in a rowboat and send 'em out to greet hurricane Isabel, right? Not yet but the blades are in the restroom with the plastic sheets (wife would kill me if I got blood on the carpet). On Sunday I was pissed at Jauron for some dumb play calling ( I am pissed at him for still keeping John Shoop) Offense picked up a bit but you need to stop the opponents offense on 3rd down. Our first win will be against Green Bay when I am down in Chicago to see them win on Monday Night!!!

Rocket2003
09-17-2003, 06:35 AM
Did you try Progressive?

bear down
09-17-2003, 06:41 AM
Just to clear things up, I was incorrect in my information given about the cancellation. Mid-Century insurance which underwrites under Farmers is no longer insuring boat and Foremost is now covering those policies (at a higher premium). Sorry for the misleading information. But since I have posted this topic I have received some great quotes from other insurance companies, especially State Farm.

Essex502
09-17-2003, 08:55 AM
I just spoke with my Farmer's agent and he said that both Mid-Century and Foremost are Farmer's owned subsidiaries. They are moving the boaters over to Foremost as they have "better" boaters plans. Whatever that means. He couldn't say yet as to whether or not my premium would increase but that Foremost is more flexible in the types of boats it writes policies for. Mine doesn't come up for renewal until next year and I guess we'll see what happens at that time!

Outnumbered
09-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Sherpa:
Old Lavey:
bear down:
OL Hey Old Lavey,
are you saying that Lake Arrowhead has an
INSURANCE REQUIREMENT with 500k liability-?
I've never heard of a lake requiring insurance
before..... can you elaborate please...?
thanks,
--Sherpa Lake Arrowhead is a private lake. No Lake Lice, no yahoos without insurance! You have to own property in Arrowhead Woods to use the lake. Lake association wont let you launch without proof of insurance, current reg, and proof of passing a basic rules of boating test.
The only public area is at the Village and its a boardwalk type area for shopping. No marina or launch there. Just a courtesy dock.
OL

My Man's Sportin' Wood
09-17-2003, 09:40 AM
Just a little "heads up" for you all regardig AAA. I have them and they are very inexpensive. I pay about $250 a year for our Hallet with a 500K policy.
However, when the agent came over to check out the boat she asked the following questions:
How many times a year do you go to the Parker Strip? (though they insure you at Parker, they won't insure you if you spend a certain percentage of your trips there)
Where do you usually take the boat?
Which state do you predominantly keep it in?
Do you have any aftermarket products on your engine (as she's looking right at the Edelbrock manifold) That's when I play the dumb wife "I don't think so. . ." wink
And the biggie. . .
How much horsepower does it have?
Also answered in dumb wife mode
"I don't have any idea"
When she said "Do you think around 175?" I answered "Sure!" wink wink
The moral of the story is, you only go to Parker once in a blue moon, and you don't know anything about engines.
[ September 17, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Mrs. Sportin' Wood ]

sam pioske
09-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Have State Farm insurance about 12 diff. policys, Boat insurance forever! If your agent likes you, he won't ask the wrong questions! and when he calls the appy in - "vs computer" they must have a secret code they use that tells the other end your agent would really like this to be approved
Do we all know why our [esp. ca.]rates are so nuts Thank our S. O. B. leaching Lawyers!!! My deceased partner was 1 - His son is a local superior court judge We'd talk well into the mornings OVER B&B boy those bottles just don't last like they did. Dad was a justice court judge Not a F*#@%$+ attorney! Ca. decided to get justice out of our courts passed a law to abolish that If you lawyers don't like this f@#% you.

randy77zt
09-17-2003, 11:42 PM
great-i bet farmers drops my boat insurence when its up in december.its a safe bet they dont like 18' mirage tunnels with a 260 merc on them.scarlot harlot-have i seen your boat tied up at tower park in the delta before?