PDA

View Full Version : SOX WIN!!! SOX WIN!!!!

AZKC
10-06-2003, 07:33 PM
Bo Soxs vrs Yankee's Bring on the Bambino!!!
KC

JetBoatRich
10-06-2003, 07:37 PM
The end of that game was great, bases loaded and struck him out on the road.
Go SOX, like the underdogs :rolleyes:

HCS
10-06-2003, 07:40 PM
AZKC:
Bo Soxs vrs Yankee's Bring on the Bambino!!!
KC Stinkin Yankee's.
You listen to the sports commentators?
You would think thats the only team there is.
Reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys.
Prima donnas, I hope they all loose. :rolleyes:

gigamurph
10-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Yep; the possibility of a Cubbies vs. Red Sox WS is still alive! Any bets on whther Terence Long is or is not with the A's next year? Dead straight fastball on the inside half, thigh high? They don't throw 'em that good in BP! :)
[ October 06, 2003, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: gigamurph ]

MagicMtnDan
10-06-2003, 09:20 PM
The A's now seem to be the cursed team based on their post-season play.
Their last two hitters both take called strike three! WTF is up with that?! I guess they were looking to be walked like the other three guys on base.
You can't stand there watching the ball in the bottom of the ninth inning. You've got to make contact with the ball and put it into play to have a chance to win. Watching strike three will give them even more to think about in the long offseason.
By the way, the Curse of the Bambino will continue as the Yankees will beat the Red Sox.

Terrible Buddhist
10-07-2003, 07:37 AM
as a red sox fan from birth...I will now repeat our yearly mantra...THIS IS THE YEAR!

Dr. Eagle
10-07-2003, 07:42 AM
I'm hoping for a Sox/Cubs series. That would be a true classic!

nhbuoy
10-07-2003, 08:51 AM
COWBOY UP BOYZ!!!...I am one HAPPY HOMBRE!!!...I hope the RED SOX eat up those a$$hole Yankees...I haven't decided between the CUBS or the MARLINS tho...We'll see...I kinda like the MARLINS cuz they remind me of the ANGELS last year...GO RED SOX...!!!

BiggusJimbus
10-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Congrats to the Sox. They persevered.
The failure of the A's seems to come down to a failure of team leadership.
I spent my baseball playing years having one thing drilled into my head. You don't stop until you are certain a play is over.
Not to play umpire, not to limp away. Where was Chavez when he should have been in the on-deck area to tell Byrnes to get back to home plate.
Truly Sad (to an A's fan).
Good Luck to the Sox against the Yanks. I wonder though, if they have the horses. Lowe won't be able to pitch every other game in the next series.