PDA

View Full Version : hot boat magazine

ezstriper
02-16-2003, 08:02 AM
I've read several post about ***boat magazine, mostly negative, I know a lot of you guys are out
west and a lot of you subscribe but there are a lot of us on the east coast that are in to fast shit too. around here sherlock holmes coud'nt find a copy of ***boat, I used to read it years ago when I worked on a comp hydro drag boat. it looks like they need to work on circulation on the east, could be good for business ! Rob...

JetBoatRich
02-16-2003, 08:04 AM
I like the magazine, sure they show the bigger boats and I probably can't buy one anytime soon. But they put some great pictures in and sometimes even good tech tips. :)

Mandelon
02-16-2003, 08:05 AM
They need to work on circulation in the West too amigo.. That rag is so hard to find. Even at West Marine, where they sell every other boat magazine, Hot Boat is MIA.
Why?????

JetBoatRich
02-16-2003, 08:06 AM
Mandelon:
They need to work on circulation in the West too amigo.. That rag is so hard to find. Even at West Marine, where they sell every other boat magazine, Hot Boat is MIA.
Why????? They want you to subscribe?

HammerDown
02-16-2003, 08:09 AM
My local corner store only gets about 6 issues a month...thats where I read mine. :rolleyes:
I use to subscribe, but not any more.

sandblasted
02-16-2003, 08:13 AM
JetBoatRich:
I like the magazine, sure they show the bigger boats and I probably can't buy one anytime soon. But they put some great pictures in and sometimes even good tech tips. :) Rich, I have to agree, as much as I bitch when they have too many "speed yachts"! There is not another rag out there that covers our boating scene...
Still, I wish they would focus more on real "hotrod" boats and not just the $100,000 boats most people can't afford...

bigq
02-16-2003, 09:47 AM
sandblasted:
JetBoatRich:
I like the magazine, sure they show the bigger boats and I probably can't buy one anytime soon. But they put some great pictures in and sometimes even good tech tips. :) Rich, I have to agree, as much as I bitch when they have too many "speed yachts"! There is not another rag out there that covers our boating scene...
Still, I wish they would focus more on real "hotrod" boats and not just the $100,000 boats most people can't afford... If people can't afford them then why do I see so many 80k to over a 100k boats at the show? Seems like if they were selling the 30 to 40k boats I would see more of those.

Kilrtoy
02-16-2003, 09:52 AM
I think they will be back to the small shit soon, The economy is starting to tank and all those high end boats will become less and less. Remember when the dot com tanked and all the young kids lost their 100k rides and boats. Well this time its hitting everyone hard.

Skaterfast
02-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Kilrtoy:
I think they will be back to the small shit soon, The economy is starting to tank and all those high end boats will become less and less. Remember when the dot com tanked and all the young kids lost their 100k rides and boats. Well this time its hitting everyone hard. I'm sure that the boats and the economy are rising as we speak.People in general need to take a vacation,remodel your home,go buy a car,purchase a new home.Go live life and stop worrying about the economy.If we did this then we would all be better off.

Mandelon
02-16-2003, 11:11 AM
Does a magaizine make more at newstands or by subscription?
I know the bulk of their money comes from advertisers, but without a large circulation there would be no ads....
Cover price is $4.99. A yearly subscription at $26.95 drops that to $2.25 per issue. And you get the $5.00 worth of T-shirt. Some of the rack magazines come back unsold......
Why are they so hard to find??

Kilrtoy
02-16-2003, 11:14 AM
SKATERFEST,
Can't agree with you more. That is exactly what we do enjoy life to the fullest and worry about nothing. But my kids are getting tired of eating beans for dinner every night

JetBoatRich
02-16-2003, 11:38 AM
Kilrtoy:
SKATERFEST,
Can't agree with you more. That is exactly what we do enjoy life to the fullest and worry about nothing. But my kids are getting tired of eating beans for dinner every night You get beans? First class all the way wink

TOBTEK
02-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Got the new mag last night...in short, it sucked AGAIN! im not currently in the market for a "fountain" on sale till march only for only $229000.00 :rolleyes: and how many people are :confused: ***boat NEEDS to get back to basics...and fast. How about offshore custom of the month???? Dont those guys read mag's like Powerboat or the likes of? NO offense to you big/huge boat guys, but I thought ***boat was about smaller more affordable boats that we/the masses own and enjoy. We need more coverage of river/lake events, big blower motors hanging out of the back of old Hallets, Eliminators, small tunnel hulls with big ole outboard/'s strapped to the back with kick ass billet hardware. From reading the other posts, im not the only one who fills this way. They need to get back to the original magazine we all used to get each month.........ok I fill better now :D

MANIC MECHANIC
02-16-2003, 05:37 PM
I agree 100% with Tobtek! I would like to see Hot Boat be more Like Hot Rod used to be, With lots of home rebuilt classics,how to articles (Eng. buildups/ Rigging and set up articles/ETC). I too like the big megabucks boats, but would prefer a mag that addressed the everyday working man's style of "***boatING" a little more realistically. Tim smile_sp

1Bahnerjet
02-16-2003, 05:44 PM
JetBoatRich:
Mandelon:
Why????? They want you to subscribe? You should subscribe you always get mag. And free T-shirt. the march issue has Red rock, Parker to needles and reader rides is back! :cool:
=============
Drive what you own and like what you Drive

DEEZ NUTTS
02-16-2003, 07:37 PM
I like to see both the big and small boats. When I do see a megabuck off-shore rig on the water it's kinda neat to know a little info about it. The trouble is trying to please everybody. Not gonna work.