PDA

View Full Version : What is Hell?

twistedpair
03-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Subject: What is Hell ?
The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington Chemistry mid term.
The answer by one student was "so profound" that
the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course,why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.
Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic absorbs heat)?
Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats). One student wrote the following answer:
First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are
leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.
Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:
1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.
2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.
So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my freshman year that: "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then #2 cannot be true,and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze.
The student received the only "A" given.

Jordy
03-27-2003, 06:32 PM
What is hell?
I'm not sure but I do know that I lived with the girl who was in charge of it... :D

Raskal
03-27-2003, 07:00 PM
jordanpaulk:
What is hell?
I'm not sure but I do know that I lived with the girl who was in charge of it... :D thats some funny shit :D glad im not the only one

Jrocket
03-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Hell is what I catch from the wife after I get back from my girlfriends....Why cant they understand us men!!! :D :D

GlastronGuy
03-27-2003, 07:27 PM
http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/images/tattoo/barr.jpg

Jrocket
03-27-2003, 07:44 PM
This one scares me...... eek! eek!
http://www.2topstars.com/pictdir/actresses/gallery/rosie/rosie8.jpg

LeE ss13
03-27-2003, 07:49 PM
jordanpaulk:
What is hell?
I'm not sure but I do know that I lived with the girl who was in charge of it... :D You lived with my 3rd wife "Viscous Valerie" ??? (I can only pray she doesn't lurk around this forum !!!) I once had a 5 gallon GLASS Sparkletts bottle thrown at me (overhand) and narrowly missing my head.

78Eliminator
03-27-2003, 08:52 PM
I had a can of rubbing compound thrown...

Kilrtoy
03-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Hell! Were we all dating the same bitch

hd&boatrider
03-27-2003, 10:48 PM
How about a woman attacking you with a friggin' butcher knife? Seriously, I have seen a few of them in my life.
I think hell is sitting at the river in 123 degree weather with no boat or water toys and everytime you put you feet in the water your toes turn blue. This happened to me many years ago below Davis dam where the water is pretty cold. I swore I would never, ever be in hell again....lol

Rod-64
03-27-2003, 11:57 PM
How about a 16" oscillating fan thrown at you. eek!

Seadog
03-28-2003, 06:35 AM
Hell is having to tell your wife why you bought the latest boat toy.
Hell is being a party with the Hollywood elite and hearing them rag on Bush and the Republicans.
Hell is being at a dinner party with Saddam Hussein and Sean Penn and not knowing the phone number of Air Force Command.

MJ19
03-28-2003, 07:51 AM
eek! WOW...sounds like pretty violent relationships to me (minus the butter knife...that one sounds fairly safe) :D

Blown 472
03-28-2003, 07:54 AM
How do we know this is not hell now and we are all just rabbits dreaming this shit?

MJ19
03-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Blown 472:
How do we know this is not hell now and we are all just rabbits dreaming this shit? If this is hell I can't wait to see heaven :D
(side note: what exactly is your signature guy doing? Dancing? Driving a pretend car? What?) :confused:

Blown 472
03-28-2003, 08:03 AM
MJ19:
Blown 472:
How do we know this is not hell now and we are all just rabbits dreaming this shit? If this is hell I can't wait to see heaven :D
(side note: what exactly is your signature guy doing? Dancing? Driving a pretend car? What?) :confused: You dont watch cartoons?? that is Jonny Bravo and he is doing the monkey. :D

Seadog
03-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Heaven is all the pleasure and comfort you have given others brought back to you. Hell is all the pain and anquish you have inflicted on others returned ten-fold.

Ziggy
03-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Hell is when your homemaker becomes a home-taker. yuk

SCUBA STEVE
03-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Is that what they teach in college? I would have gave this response... "There is now way in HELL I can answer this question" devil
Just to add to the previous comments, Hell is when you do a belly flop jumping off the ledge in copper canyon. cry

MJ19
03-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Blown 472:
You dont watch cartoons?? that is Jonny Bravo and he is doing the monkey. :D Who's monkey is he doing? eek! :confused:
yuk You're right, I don't watch those kinds of cartoons. :D

Blown 472
03-31-2003, 09:21 AM
MJ19:
Blown 472:
You dont watch cartoons?? that is Jonny Bravo and he is doing the monkey. :D Who's monkey is he doing? eek! :confused:
yuk You're right, I don't watch those kinds of cartoons. :D He is on cartoon network, Invader Zim is my fav. http://obeythefist.net/cast/gir.jpg
[ March 31, 2003, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

Liberator TJ1984
03-31-2003, 09:40 AM
hd&boatrider:
How about a woman attacking you with a friggin' butcher knife? Seriously, I have seen a few of them in my life.
I think hell is sitting at the river in 123 degree weather with no boat or water toys and everytime you put you feet in the water your toes turn blue. This happened to me many years ago below Davis dam where the water is pretty cold. I swore I would never, ever be in hell again....lol Try Getting SHOT by her ....NO FUN wink