PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been Fired from your Job???

SummerBreeze
08-30-2003, 06:56 AM
I got my walking papers on Friday. My boss was cool. He wanted to remain friends and didn't want to lose that. He paided my vacation and also two weeks more in pay. He said that the business was not making money. He didn't want to let me go but needed to. This gives me a chance to find something better.

Mohavekid
08-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Sorry to hear your misfortune.
It sounds like you got laid off due to declining business as opposed to being fired for some perfomance problem.
Be sure to ask for a letter of reccommendation from your former empoyer, it may help you in getting a new job.
Good luck.

topless
08-30-2003, 07:17 AM
Friends???? He just didn't want you going postal. I say do it anyway. The vacation pay is mandatory and the 2 weeks pay was because he is afraid of you. Sorry to hear it but go get a better job. :( wink

UBFJ #454
08-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Never been fired myself, but, had a girl friend once that got fired from a topless joint for being too (.)(.) and too friendly.

LUVNLIFE
08-30-2003, 07:35 AM
SB you know what I always say is that sometimes you have to change lanes to get ahead. Good Luck wink

Mandelon
08-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Got fired once when I was 15 from Pup n Taco on Rosemead in Pasadena. Came in late too many times. :rolleyes:
Plus the place had just been robbed and the owner thought it was an inside job so he cleaned house after that anyway.
We used to give away a lot of free stuff. I deserved to get fired. :D

JetBoatRich
08-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Time to make a change, doing that myself for the last month.
Hopefully you can land something soon or if possible take your time and relax until you find what you want.
Good Luck

Trailer Park Casanova
08-30-2003, 04:14 PM
OH MAN that sucks.
I really hope you get this behind you real soon.
Really sorry to read it.