PDA

View Full Version : lake perris or lake elsinore

goeasy8
06-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Well unfortunately it dosent look like I will be able to make it to havasu this year. Ive been out of work since January and funds are tight. So I was thinking of staying local and just hitting the local lakes. I was wondering if anyone has been to perris or elsinore lately. I wanted to know how the water is. Last time I was at elsinore the water was pretty green and I havent been to perris in a few years. Any comments on these would be appreciated. I thought I'd try and make it up to the kids and at least get them to some kind of lake this summer. Thanks in advance :)

bear down
06-04-2003, 08:29 AM
Lake Perris is my choice, $9.00 to get in. There is a beach and an Island where you can have a picnic or BBQ and also has Bathrooms. Beaches for the kids and lots of other stuff. A lot better than Elsinore.

Sandbar Junkies
06-04-2003, 08:49 AM
I would hit Castaic first .

Back To Havasu
06-04-2003, 09:20 AM
I was at Elsinore a week ago, and the water level was fine. No algae yet because it hasn't been hot continuously. Problem with Elsinore is no beaches, and shallow water. Is the water polluted at Perris, or can you swim in it now? wink