PDA

View Full Version : Deck Boats

Boozer
06-17-2003, 07:04 AM
So i am looking for a 28' deck boat. Might be able to settle for 26 but nothing smaller. I want to be able to haul 10 people comfortably and in style.
I require that it be a Hot Boat and not a cookie cutter boat since I already have 1 cookie cutter I don't need another.
I know of Conquest Top Cat, Eliminator Fun Deck, (which i dont believe they make in 28')and Advantage Party Cat.
Which ones am I missing and what are your thoughts of them. I'd also like to be able to do 75-80 on the water with 4 people in the boat and a half tank of gas.
Thanks.

SCUBA STEVE
06-17-2003, 07:10 AM
I want the same thing, but dont have the $ to get what I want just yet. I can tell you your looking at about 80-100k though.
Magic & Cheetah also make 28' decks.
Aftershock (my boat maker) is putting out their 27 deck this year. I havent seen one yet, but its supposed to be the shit. :D

Boozer
06-17-2003, 07:27 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
I want the same thing, but dont have the $ to get what I want just yet. I can tell you your looking at about 80-100k though.
Magic & Cheetah also make 28' decks.
Aftershock (my boat maker) is putting out their 27 deck this year. I havent seen one yet, but its supposed to be the shit. :D Yeah I was thinking 85-90k is about where I want to be. Gotta go buy a house first and as soon as thats all done and taken care of its boat upgrade time. House should be done September so this coming spring should be about the time to go order the new boat.

TOBTEK
06-17-2003, 09:19 AM
anyone know of a older INEXPENSIVE deckboat? A buddy here at work is looking for a 1st time family ride. A ton on the east coast for 10Kish, not many out here in CALI....

Havasu_Jet_85
06-17-2003, 03:58 PM
E-Ticket

BoatFloating
06-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Boozer:
So i am looking for a 28' deck boat. Might be able to settle for 26 but nothing smaller. I want to be able to haul 10 people comfortably and in style.
I require that it be a Hot Boat and not a cookie cutter boat since I already have 1 cookie cutter I don't need another.
I know of Conquest Top Cat, Eliminator Fun Deck, (which i dont believe they make in 28')and Advantage Party Cat.
Which ones am I missing and what are your thoughts of them. I'd also like to be able to do 75-80 on the water with 4 people in the boat and a half tank of gas.
Thanks. Boozer, I have 2001 Carrera Party Effect, It's 26' and is more sporty in my opinion than the Advantage. It has the 496 HO Procharged and it will do 75 mph with your 4 peeps and 1/2 tank. The Carrera doesn't count swim step in length so the Eliminator and Conquest are closer to a 26' than a 28' because they include the swim step since it's molded. I might be looking to sell mine so email me and we can talk. You would be below the 80 - 100k mark with mine and turn key.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/372myboatpowell-med.jpg
[ June 17, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: BoatFloating ]

BoatFloating
06-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Havasu_Jet_85:
E-Ticket How much are those E-Tickets going for? I know you can run twins in them.

Boozer
06-18-2003, 04:41 AM
That Carrera is pretty nice but I am thinking the Magic is most likely going to be the way to go. I LOVE the lines on the Magic.
Everyone keeps saying E-Ticket. Anyone have any pics of what the E-Ticket deck boat looks like?

boatnam2
06-18-2003, 05:52 AM
check out the lavey,although it is not ready yet it is very nice looking and will be ready soon.

Coach
06-18-2003, 08:40 AM
Commander is also making a 28' Deck as well. They have some pictures in the their add in HB. It looks very simmular to the Carrera. A new Carrera with a 496 HO is 68K and if you put in the big power it runs into the 80K range brand new.

dr. margarita
06-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Hey Boozer, My wife and I recently took a real close look at 28 ft. deck boats by Conquest, Magic and Advantage. Her's what we found:
28 Party Cat XL: Has lots of room, great party platform, build quality is a little sketchy, has a history of not being able to entrap air right when you load the boat causing a wild ride at certain speads.Runs great with four or less people. Boxy look.
2 Top Cat: Nice boat, good people to deal with. Take a close look at hull finish. It has lots of little ripples. Only one console.
Magic: Nice boat, deal with Havasu Lew (very cool guy). Fit and finish is superior. Wives of Magic owners are generally HOT wink . Two consoles.
Make sure you go for a test ride. Check out these boats in as rough of water as you can find; great side to side stability but not our first choice when conditions get real rough. The Magic and Conquest turn surprisingly well!

1ASKYDV
06-18-2003, 10:10 AM
I have had a Magic deck since around march of this year and love it. It handles the late afternoon rough water of Havasu very well. I have the HP525 in it and runs around 80 mph with a full load (20 hrs on the motor). The biggest seeling point for the Magic (for us) was the lines of the boat and the seating arrangement (no side by side pilot seat). Take a look at riverracerx.com (readers rides) for some pics.
Larry