PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Buy A Hospital Bill???

MJ19
09-01-2003, 09:34 PM
Surfing Ebay...found this...sad story, she's got good feedback...wonder if it's true or a new scam? :confused:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2344207278&category=3081
I wonder if I could sell a vacation for MJ to Hawaii on Ebay. :D

Rexone
09-01-2003, 09:41 PM
My .02 is that this real.
1. Look at the type of items she is buying and selling (not scammer type stuff, kids stuff)
2. That much positive feedback on ebay would be tough to gather up being an ass. Especially the + to - ratio.

MJ19
09-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Almost makes you wanna send her a donation. frown

Rexone
09-01-2003, 10:16 PM
Yes things like this make you want to help everyone with legitimate needs, even though most of us can't make much of a difference with donations.
What pisses me off is our misguided welfare system giving money (our tax money that "could" make a difference) to many who don't need or deserve, and billions of dollars in foreign aid, when we can't even help people out that "legitimately" need the help here at home. Not to mention all the money our government wastes on absurd studys, grants, and shiznit. And the absurdly high cost of health care doesn't help either, like in this case, they can't afford the medical care needed. And these folks are working, not deadbeats milking the system. burningm

gigamurph
09-01-2003, 10:18 PM
That's sad but in this day of scams and cheats, most people, myself included, are reluctant to help with these kinds of things w/o a direct connection or close-hand knowledge of those involved. What I really chimed in to say is, and maybe this should be in the "Pet Peeves" thread, but it p**ses me off to hear of this kind of thing and then read about some "kind-hearted" doctor or hospital performing therapy, surgery, or some other treatment on non-citizens brought into this country just for that purpose. Now don't get me wrong; I feel for their plight also, but I think it's time that we turn our "good-heartedness" towards our own. Too many people take the angle that "you live in America and there is no reason you can't afford health care or insurance." BS! Let's show some of our own people how kind hearted this country can be! Have said many times that "if I had the money that Gates, the Kennedys, Trump, or one of the many other "big bucks" in this country, I would do a damn sight more to help fellow Americans than they do! Too much "I got mine; screw you!" in this country!
Now ya went and did it Linds! Got me off on a bummer roll!

I_C_E_Y
09-02-2003, 12:00 PM
The hotmail address isn't very convincing.

MJ19
09-02-2003, 12:06 PM
I_C_E_Y:
The hotmail address isn't very convincing. It's the positive feedback and the items she's sold that make it seem real. frown