PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Boats America

syke-o
03-18-2003, 04:53 PM
i just got a new mag in the mail today called extreme boats america. Is this a supplement to hot boat or something completely new???? :confused: :confused:

riverliver
03-18-2003, 06:19 PM
http://www.extremeboatsmag.com/home_files/extreme_small_logo.jpg

Boatcop
03-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Extreme Boats America is the old Arizona Hot Boat Association, which became the American Hot Boat Association.
Poker Run in April. Time to dance with the Big Dogs. :D

DogHouse
03-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Nice job on the mag guys! By the way Syke-O, you see the pic of 24Rod & company from the poker run? Pretty cool!

riverliver
03-18-2003, 06:35 PM
http://www.extremeboatsmag.com/video_files/small%20cover%20march.jpg
That is one big bad ass dog, 600 gph of fule!! jawdrop

gigamurph
03-18-2003, 06:49 PM
riverliver:
http://www.extremeboatsmag.com/video_files/small%20cover%20march.jpg
That is one big bad ass dog, 600 gph of fule!! jawdrop You noticed that too rl? Let's see, at today's prices at 600gph....hmmmm....HOLY CRAPOLA! Ya could buy two of my boats at that rate! Yeah; I know. Who'd want too?
:p

boatless
03-18-2003, 07:17 PM
Good to see everyone likes it. And yes, if you enjoyed the first issue, it only gets better.
Remember Extreme is in the eye of the beholder!!!

DogHouse
03-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Mike, you still "boatless"? What up wit dat???
:D

Mandelon
03-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Mine didn't come yet??? :confused: frown

DickDanger
03-18-2003, 08:18 PM
Not to pimp "Extreme Boats" on the Hot Boat website, but after reading the mag, I was totally impressed...especially for a first issue. IMHO, the articles are better than all the f**king garbage about tests that Hot Boat puts out every month. That is yawn reading to me. Testing is all good and everything, but put some articles in there that are INTERESTING. Just my .02. -DD Out
[ March 18, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

syke-o
03-18-2003, 09:15 PM
DogHouse:
Nice job on the mag guys! By the way Syke-O, you see the pic of 24Rod & company from the poker run? Pretty cool! ya page 72, upper left corner.....
[ March 19, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: syke-o ]

24ROD
03-18-2003, 10:13 PM
syke-o:
DogHouse:
Nice job on the mag guys! By the way Syke-O, you see the pic of 24Rod & company from the poker run? Pretty cool! ya page 72, upper right corner..... Thats one good lookin crew. wink

Lakemead1
03-18-2003, 10:17 PM
They did a kick ass job on their first run! I'm looking forward to the next issue!

24RODjr
03-18-2003, 10:22 PM
I just saw the mag too...not bad at all :D
Nice "Spokes-Boat" for the poker runs too ::

cumamaio
03-18-2003, 10:40 PM
how do I get a copy

gigamurph
03-18-2003, 11:33 PM
I knew when I got to page 18 and read Ron Polli's article that this was gonna be somethin' special! Allow me to quote; "Over the next few months, I hope that you find my slant on things to be fresh, enjoyable and a very rewarding way to spend your time on the toilet." My first thought at readin' this was, "Now this is a mag for the masses!" Great first run guys! Looks like it's gonna be a must read mag! :D

Mandelon
03-19-2003, 05:46 AM
24RODjr:
Nice "Spokes-Boat" for the poker runs too :: Not "Butt-Spokes" I hope..... eek!

HavasuDreamin'
03-19-2003, 05:54 AM
And my copy is where????? :confused:

nextasex
03-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Go to extremeboatsmag.com or lakeracer.com for more magazine information and subscription.
See ya,
Frank

24RODjr
03-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Mandelon:
24RODjr:
Nice "Spokes-Boat" for the poker runs too :: Not "Butt-Spokes" I hope..... eek! What the hell is a Butt-Spoke? You got something twisted goin' on that none of us need to know about?
Sicko :D

cyclone
03-19-2003, 09:07 AM
I think its pretty lame of Extreme Boats to come to the Hot Boat website to pimp their magazine. Plus, and this is only my opinion, with the exception of the cover boat photography, that magazine had some of the worst pics i've seen in a long time. I was seriously disappointed at the first issue. It looked like the staff just scanned the pics off of the internet and most all of them were pixilated, dark and out of focus.

C-2
03-19-2003, 11:37 AM
For the record, we are appreciative of syke-o’s inquiry and other people’s kind words about the first issue, but he is not connected to EBA.
Since all of us at EBA are boaters and enjoy the same interests, we too are on most every board, and have been from the beginning. It should come as no surprise that we respond to any inquiries. There are numerous “industry” people, clubs and webmasters of other websites on here that promote whatever it is they have to offer, it’s nothing new.
The magazine will improve as it evolves, there are always a ton of things you can reflect back on after the deal is done. Input like you are providing, however, is not only helpful but appreciated. :) wink :)
See ya on the lake soon!

BoatFloating
03-19-2003, 11:52 AM
cyclone:
I think its pretty lame of Extreme Boats to come to the Hot Boat website to pimp their magazine. Plus, and this is only my opinion, with the exception of the cover boat photography, that magazine had some of the worst pics i've seen in a long time. I was seriously disappointed at the first issue. It looked like the staff just scanned the pics off of the internet and most all of them were pixilated, dark and out of focus. Cyclone, you hit on the head. I have a copier that makes better quailty prints than the ones I saw in magazine. I've never seen any thing that bad. I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought this, I thought it was just a bad copy. :confused:

hack job
03-19-2003, 11:56 AM
cyclone:
I think its pretty lame of Extreme Boats to come to the Hot Boat website to pimp their magazine. Plus, and this is only my opinion, with the exception of the cover boat photography, that magazine had some of the worst pics i've seen in a long time. I was seriously disappointed at the first issue. It looked like the staff just scanned the pics off of the internet and most all of them were pixilated, dark and out of focus. i would tend to agree with this statement. they may be nice guys but they have a lot to learn about photography. and how to treat people in there boating comuntiee, ( we dont like jet boats)
we will see were they are in a couple of months.
i like big boats too but to make snide comments about other boats is week. like there magazine!
[ March 19, 2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: hack job ]

DickDanger
03-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Wow, I am kind of surprised at some of the backlash here. I would think that the boating community as a whole would welcome a new magazine. I have to agree that the photos need to be better, but anytime you have a publication that is getting started, there are always bugs to be worked out. Can anyone honestly say that the Hot Boat mag that comes out every month is interesting? It is one big yawn fest to me, with all of the endless tests, and almost always in boats that the average person cant afford. I am not familiar with the old AHBA aka EBA, but I have spoken with Mike Murphy before, and he seems like a legit guy. I for one am glad that there is a new magazine on the scene. -DD Out
[ March 19, 2003, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Steamin' Rice
03-19-2003, 01:01 PM
I got my issue of the magazine yesterday and thought that it was pretty good overall. I will probably never be able to afford a boat like the quad engine Nor-Tech featured, but it was the first article in the magazine that I read and I am glad that they covered it. Some of the pics in the issue were grainy, but I say give the guys a chance and see what the next issue looks like. I'm sure they will have worked out the issue with the photos.
The guys from EBA have been around the boards for a long time, and I don't see what the problem is with them responding to a thread about them or promoting their magazine here.
Also, the trial copies were free, right? If you don't like it, don't sign up for a subscription. Why complain about a free magazine??

riverrunner
03-19-2003, 02:34 PM
I got one at the LA show. Great magazine. Lots of good articles.

cyclone
03-19-2003, 02:51 PM
My opinion was not backlash and had nothing to do with the types of boats featured. BUT, I was approached on this very website six months ago asking if i'd subscribe to the magazine. Now tell me that wasn't pimpin' the magazine at Hot Boat's expense? And you can't rightly say that the photography didn't blow in the current issue? I hope it does improve, but i was just disappointed with the 1st issue. Sorry, but if it doesn't get better, then i'll feel like a sucker for subscribing.

DickDanger
03-19-2003, 05:00 PM
Cyclone, I used to do some writing for MX mags (Racer X, MotoCross West, etc.) and this is nothing. You wanna see cutthroat, try those websites out. I know what you are saying about it being kind of weak that another publication would try to scoop readers from here, but I seriously doubt that them coming on here will cost Hot Boat any readers. Besides, a little friendly competition never hurt anyone. In fact, it may force Hot Boat to re-examine their content, and try to inject some life into their own rag. -DD Out

cyclone
03-19-2003, 05:22 PM
I probably would've kept my opinion to myself if the 1st issue was of better quality. The content was there, but man the photos sucked ass. Maybe i'm just bitter that you all got the 1st issue for free and i signed up for a year. lol :D

dcb carrera
03-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Got my copy today just glanced through it it seemed OK. I'll have to wait to give a honest opinion. At this point I'm sticking with ***boat, I like the boats evaluations, reader rides and all the tech info. I also receive Poweboat mag. it good too, I probably will order this new one too. I spend alot of time on the pot :D to many coors lights eek!

Hotcrusader76
03-19-2003, 05:49 PM
I really look forward to my first issue. When did the current one arrive. Does anyone know?
Dave. Please call me with regards to your last e-mail. Thanks
~Ty

Craig
03-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Hotcrusader76:
I really look forward to my first issue. When did the current one arrive. Does anyone know?
~Ty I think folks started getting it this weekend. You should have one soon. Hey, one more boat magazine can't hurt :D

mike37
03-19-2003, 06:21 PM
dcb/carrera:
Got my copy today just glanced through it it seemed OK. I'll have to wait to give a honest opinion. At this point I'm sticking with ***boat, I like the boats evaluations, reader rides and all the tech info. I also receive Poweboat mag. it good too, I probably will order this new one too. I spend alot of time on the pot :D to many coors lights eek! I thought you stoped drinking to much
did you fall off the wagon

boatnam2
03-19-2003, 07:04 PM
i thought the mag was pretty sweet,plus a few of the guys that have been on ***boat for a long time h2415,nextasex,and jim nichols have write ups in it.i thought that was pretty cool.

SK48
03-19-2003, 07:25 PM
I won't subscribe, first issue is pretty irresponsible journalism. Check the article on page 54 on the turbine skater. Quote " This writer commandeered the front seat, without helmet, life jacket or five point harness..." They think it is cool to go 190 M.P.H. with four passengers and no safety equipt. Sounds more like another HTM tragedy waiting to happen. I don't want to support a publication with a total disregard for personal safety. Quickest way to put a halt to fast boating is with an attitude like this. I like going fast in my boats but not without proper safety equipt., and I would never put passengers a.k.a. victims at risk like they seem to support.

gigamurph
03-19-2003, 09:44 PM
24RODjr:
Mandelon:
24RODjr:
Nice "Spokes-Boat" for the poker runs too :: Not "Butt-Spokes" I hope..... eek! What the hell is a Butt-Spoke? You got something twisted goin' on that none of us need to know about?
Sicko :D Yo Martha! I think I found the only other guy on this planet that doesn't know what a butt-spoke is!
:p

gigamurph
03-19-2003, 09:51 PM
"....but I have spoken with Mike Murphy before, and he seems like a legit guy."-DickDanger
Yeah, THAT Mike Murphy may seem like a legit guy; but can he do this? *%@#$^**^%#@#$^*()*^#!@!#$%)&&&$@#^$! :p

DickDanger
03-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Well, the ORIGINAL Mike Murphy is for sure a legit guy....even if he keeps kicking me out of his beach chair!!!! -Dick "Chairless" Danger Out

superdave013
03-19-2003, 10:18 PM
hack job:
they may be nice guys but they have a lot to learn about photography. and how to treat people in there boating comuntiee, ( we dont like jet boats)
we will see were they are in a couple of months.
i like big boats too but to make snide comments about other boats is week. like there magazine! Are you saying that the guys sitting next to us at C-Ya's and the very same guys that we feed lunch (& beers) at RD's pad were bagging on your boat?
Yeah, that's pretty shitty for a new start up mag to do.
[ March 19, 2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

future boater
03-19-2003, 11:52 PM
cyclone:
I think its pretty lame of Extreme Boats to come to the Hot Boat website to pimp their magazine. VERY well spoken.........

jdnichols
03-24-2003, 07:58 AM
Guys, I just got back into town off a road trip and read this thread, Art and Mike C. called me about it because they were very concerned.
First I want to thank RD and C-Ya for being such great hosts! I really enjoyed the weekend, having a great seat for the ski racing and getting to check out Andy's (Racing Racal) new boat and RD’s pad with his extreme new BBQ was the best for me. Oh yeah, the food was great too :p Also, that ride on the kick ass Whipple charged Caliber of Mark’s (Whipped Caliber) was a blast, I needed my goggles though, couldn’t see a thing from the back seat….
Andy, I was hoping to spend some time with you Sunday and actually get a ride, I didn't want to horn in on Sat. as it was your first day on the river and you had plenty of people to give rides to. Sorry I got long winded at E-Ticket boats and Savage Marine that morning, we got back to Jonathans just after you left. Please email me at jimn@extremeboatsmag.com as we need some more info.
As far as the jet boat comment – I don’t know who said it and don’t think I would have, I have enjoyed some "kick in the pants" rides in some extreme jet boats. If you have read our first issue, we covered a pretty extreme turbine powered “jet” boat. And you’ll see more.
Thank you for all your feedback on the magazine. I agree with you on some of the photos, but not on all. I think we have some great ones! The member snapshots and the photo’s that turned out dark are strictly my fault. I scanned them from 35 mm photos and slides with my HP scanner. None of the photos were copied from the Internet! We are continuing to refine our procedures for scanning and they will be much better. This magazine is completely digital; it goes from our computers to the printer over the Internet. The original printing on my printer didn’t show the problems we encountered from the printing press. Steep learning curve, but we do learn. By the way, anyone who has subscribed and paid his or her subscription, still gets the first three months of the magazine free, it’s part of being a startup.
eek! SK48, your catch of the lack of safety concern in the skater article is right on and was pointed out by some of our sponsors as well. I wish Art or I would have caught that. We both reflect your concern for safety and became AZ Fish & Game Boating Safety Instructors for that reason. All of our contributing writers will be given feed back on what we expect in the articles.
:confused: Cyclone, it may seen lame to advertise our magazine on another mags website. I agree it should be done with a little more class. But it would also be stupid not to, as getting the word out is vital in any startup’s success. We are not trying to replace Hot Boat Mag. or Powerboat, or any ones magazine. We just want to do our own, as many of you may have wished you could at one time or another.
:D I do wish Hot Boat Magazine(ie Wild Card Productions) all the success with their new poker run series, from the comments we have received, there is more demand for runs than we have be able to fill with EBA’s (once AHBA) two runs at Havasu. I “do” wish the Davidson’s wouldn’t have timed their run so close to ours, but it won’t be a problem except for those who would like to do them both. If you can make it out during the April 25, 26 weekend, be sure to check us out, the boats coming to the event are fantastic and “EXTREME”!!!
Jim Nichols

XTRM22
03-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Nice response Jim, I was a little surprised to receive my free copy of Extreme Boats, I noticed some of the minor flaws that were in this first issue but wrote them off to "first issue-itis". Over all I think you did a pretty good job (and if I didn't think so you know I'd say it). Good luck with it, I'll look forward to stealing from people who pay for their subscription! :D
Chuck

playdeep
03-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Damn,certain AHBA/EBA guys are hard on other people's equipment... :D
At least they bring you tools to fix them after they break them...Any truth to the rumor that you guy's will be providing on the water assistance to all subscribers/members who have problems on the water?.j/k...
Jim,good seeing you and Art this weekend...Hope you understand if I don't ask you to fly my new boat again anytime soon...I don't think that my heart can take another episode like that. :D

jdnichols
03-24-2003, 12:21 PM
You know Mike, I have to make sure it's ready for the poker run. They guys tell me I'm tough on my boat, but I just can't see it :D
Glad we caught it before any damage took place, it's real hard to run those blower motors with no cooling water. Those low water pickup drives sure create the water pressure to blow the hose apart. Must say though, your boat handles great for a 26ft at 92 MPH. What a differance hydrolic to the helm steering makes!
Chuck, thanks for the kind words. Even old members got the first three months free. So you can have your own for a little while at least!

jdnichols
03-31-2003, 12:49 PM
EBA Poker Run April 25. List of participants!
Participant City: State Boat: Length Model BoatName:
Anderson, Dave Riverside CA Cigarette 38 Top Gun Mikayla Hunter
Anderson, Eric and Carol. Long Beach CA Fountain 29 Fever E-Ticket
Annett, Phil Lake Havasu City AZ Fountain 35 Lightning Rat Bastard
Barnes, Tedd and Susan Escondido CA Fountain 42 Lightning Fear This
Barton, Matthew Glendale AZ Powerquest 26 260 Legend Never Enough
Beecroft, Charlie and Cathie Gilbert AZ Sleekcraft 28 Deckboat
Bender, Ron and Michele Chardon OH Outerlimits 37 Stilleto Wild Thing
Bolinger, Terry and Patricia Yakima WA Nordic 35 Flame Nauti-Bo
Bourget, Roger and Brigitte Phoenix AZ Hustler 38 Talon Born In The USA
Bowling, Rick Alamo CA Talon 37 Cat Gone Again
Breck, Steve and Cindy Las Vegas NV Conquest 28 Enforcer
Budge, Chad and Dianne Jackson Wy Howard 28 Bullet
Burns, Al Phoenix AZ Douglas Marine 40 Skater Out of Control
Burns, Dave Phoenix AZ Douglas Marine 36 Skater WildCat
Caudle, Steve Peoria AZ Magic 29 Wizard
Cheng, Jeffrey Newport Beach CA Cigarette 38 Top Gun Speedracer
Clancy, Sean Huntington Beach CA Fountain 32 Fever No Brakes
Cramer, Jeff Vancouver WA Carrera 26 257 Effect x Cat
Crawford, Kelly and Rachel Flagstaff AZ Magic 29 Wizard
Culver, Cynthia Willcox AZ Eliminator 25 Daytona Cobra
Davis, Paul Phoenix AZ Magic 29
Dewers, Shawn Mission Viejo CA Hallett 30 300T
Dey, Tim and Cheryl Tahoe City CA Spectre 36 Cat Tunnel Vision
Dominick, Pierre Livermore CA Sanger 20 Mini Daycruiser
Focareto, Mike Scottsdale AZ Baja 25 H2X
Gaylord, Bill Long Beach CA Hallett 36 360T Bring it on
Gibson, Bruce Nashville TN Hustler 37 377 Talon Follow the Sun
Gibson, Ron Yorba Linda CA Eliminator 28 Daytona Wild Thing
Giertz, Gary Phoenix AZ Magic 29 Wizard XL mydixiewrecked
Giese, James Scottsdale AZ Eliminator 28 Daytona
Gilbreath, David Layton UT Nordic 28 Heat PermaGrin
Ginnetti, Dan Velencia CA Nordic 28 Heat Instigator
Giordano, Joe & Lesia Phoenix AZ Sleek 28 Enforcer
Grayson, Chris Laguna Niguel CA Fountain 38 Fever Innovation
Greenwood, Scott Orange Ca Magic 34 Sorcerer
Hansen, Randy and Charlotte Mission Viejo CA Hustler 38 Slingshot Pet This
Hein, Cliff Palmdale CA Formula 38 382 Fastec Formula Racing
Helm, Craig and Mireille Gilbert AZ Sonic 31 Diablo Earthly Sin
Hennagin, David Acton CA Nordic 28 Heat In2Deep
Hisaw, Richard Carrollton TX Baja 40 Outlaw Thunderflash
Hoyt, Jon Tucson AZ Sleekcraft 34 Heritage Winning III
Hughes, John Anacortes WA Magic 28 Deck Boat a pirate looms at 50
Hukill, Garry & Angie Peoria AZ Hallet 27 270
Jensen, Mike Phoenix AZ Sea Ray 27 Pachanga OctaneTwilight
Kerri, Richard Livermore CA Nordic 25 Rage Valkyrie Voodoo
Koktovy, Scott Tucson AZ Nordic 28 Heat
Kreuzenstein, Dennis and Maryrose Lake Havasu City AZ Sleekcraft 28 Enforcer
Kukill, Steve Peoria AZ Hallett 27 270
Lachenmyer, Jeremy Glendora CA Advantage 30 Victory Fortitude
Leach, Chris Gresham OR Nordic 28 Heat Frequent Flyer
Lemmon, Rick Corona CA Fountain 42 Lightning Blown Away
Martin, John Litchfield Park AZ Kachina 30 Shadow Wake Turbulence
Martin, Ryan Phoenix AZ Formula 31 312
Mechanick, Harry Orange CA Schiada 22 Open Bow
Mora, James Riverside CA Caliber1 23 Velocity
Mudd, Brian and Julie Simi Valley CA Commander 21 21 LX
Ohanesian, Jack Laguna Niguel CA Fountian 35 Lightning Powertrip
Pagano - Wibben, Kris - T.J. Gilbert AZ Powerquest 29 Enticer AE
Palmer, Brian Aqua Dulce CA Hallett 30 300 Twin Still No Regrets
Paris, Gary and Jan Phoenix AZ Sleekcraft 32 Heritage Habanero
Petrillo, Neil Orange CA Eliminator 26 Icc 26 Daytona "Patty""B:"
Prahm, James Fallbrook CA Laveycraft 28 2750 NuEra Faster Daddy Faster
Prouty, Chris and Brigitte Stevenson Ranch CA LaveyCraft 29 NuEra
Pujanes, Nick Azusa CA Laveycraft 27 2750 Nu Era
Reis, Jerry and Jill Chino Hills CA Sleekcraft 28 Enforcer Reis's Pieces
Rhynas, Brian Chandler AZ Baja 25 Outlaw
Rice, Greg Aliso Viejo CA Shockwave 29 Magnatude Steamin Rice
Rodriguez, Carlos Anaheim CA Cheetah 24 Stilletto 24' Rod
Ronco, Rich and Patti Glendale AZ Advantage 22 Sport Cat Vegas Style
Roth, Jon Long Beach CA Douglas Marine 28 Skater 28
Rutherford, Barry and Arlene Chatsworth CA Douglas Marine 36 Skater Analyse This
Shank, Scott Norco CA Shockwave 29 magnitude Shatter Silence
Smith, Gary Tucson AZ Douglas Marine 40 Skater Predator
Stowers, Eddie and Debbie Mesa AZ Baja 25 H2X
Tashlin, Chris Las Vegas NV Hustler 37 Tallon 377 Wetspot
Theisen, Gus and Loretta Claremont CA Schiada 24 River Runner Zya-Bya
Thyberg, Rod Buena Park CA Spectre 30 RaceLite X-Rated
Timmons, Greg Long Beach CA Hallett 27 270S Hallettude
Torres, Ruben Corona CA HTM 24 SR24 Playtime
Tweedy, Dean and Ces San Grabriel CA Mariah 24 DeckBoat Instigator
Verdone, Anthony Scottsdale AZ Douglas Marine 32 Skater Triple X
Vogel, Craig Murrieta CA Commander 26 Signature Hell Froze Over
Waaramaa, Todd and Stephanie Gilbert AZ Active Thunder 37 37 AVH Monsoon
Wall, Chris Celina TX Sunsation 32 Dominator DragonHeart
West, Andy and Pam Tulare CA profile 29 daycruiser PARADIGM SHIFT
Wibbert, Theodore Gilbert AZ Power Quest 29 290 Enticer AE
Widmer, Mike Tucson AZ Baja 27 272 Number Six
Winn, Chris Orange CA Baja 25 H2X Well
Wolf, Shawn & April Phoenix AZ Eliminator 25 Daytona Say Your Prayers/I Like It Blown
Woudenberg, Dana Carefree AZ Fountain 38 SportCruiser Venganza II
Zellmer, Keith Morgan Hill CA Carrera 25 257 Effect X Risky Business
Zwisler, Daniel Loveland CO Fountain 42 Lightning Mo Jo Super Flow

nmboats
04-01-2003, 02:21 AM
I enjoyed my first copy, Thank You