PDA

View Full Version : Howard 25, Havasu, and Savage Marine

TPI
06-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Just got back from a week in Havasu with our Howard 25 Bullet and we had a blast. Up until this trip, we had not had a chance to go on any family trips with the boat, let alone put 16 hours of use on it. We drove the pants off that boat from Needles to the Parker Dam and we cannot wait to go again. It was nice to drive that boat in so many different water conditions. We saw some pretty good white caps on Wednesday about lunch time and this boat drove through them at 65 mph + no problem, in fact my kids were asleep in the back seat most of the time. I just kept on driving it like a kid with a new dirt bike. I took a couple that were interested in a 25 Bullet for a ride in some 1' -2' chop on Tuesday evening at over 90 mph and the boat never moved. It has got to be the most stable V bottom I have ever been in, that is no joke(under 28'). If anyone has an opportunity to drive one or go for a ride, I highly suggest it. I also wanted to take a moment and tell you all about the outstanding customer service I received at Savage Marine. The people there were very courtious and helpful, and took the time to speak with me about their business and what kind of work they do there. A general thanks to everyone we met and spoke with out in Havasu, as my family and I had such a good time.
GT http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/383anana25.JPG

hoolign
06-27-2003, 08:05 PM
That is one sharp lookin ride!!
does howard have a web site?

hoolign
06-27-2003, 08:06 PM
damnit
[ June 27, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: hoolign ]

TPI
06-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Yes they do, Its www.howardboats.com (http://www.howardboats.com)
They have not updated it because they are going online soon with a whole new design, it should be really cool.
GT

jlnorthrup122
06-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Your boat is on the Level I take it that she is a new investment. Well take care of it and have fun.

rvrkaosI
06-27-2003, 08:26 PM
awesome ride! That looks like the one in ***boat. Could you be the first on out of the mold?
Awesome ride again!

Havasu Hangin'
06-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Yes...Savage Marine are good people.
Great boat.

dr. margarita
06-27-2003, 08:44 PM
Sounds like the motor ran great GT. How'd the family like it? I can't wait to see mine pop out of the mold this week to see your creation. Does your boat have full hydraulic steering? I've got a friend that his been hot boating for most of his life and strongly recommneds especially if real power is put to the boat.

mbrown2
06-27-2003, 08:48 PM
GT,
Sounds like you had a great trip....being able to boat during the weekdays is the ticket...really get a chance to fully understand your boat...
Boat still looks great...

NEW 2 RIVER
06-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Nice looking boat.Scoop on the back looks way cool :cool:

TPI
06-27-2003, 08:58 PM
DM,
The kids loved it(when they were awake). My wife is really the impressed one. She cannot believe how smooth and quiet it is. As far as the Full Hyd Steering: It is very nice, and I would highly recommend it with big power under the hatch. We really enjoy the handling of our set up.
GT

TPI
06-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Started another post about the trip titled "FAST BASS"! Check out the pic.
GT
[ June 28, 2003, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: GT ]

TPI
06-28-2003, 10:25 AM
I almost forgot: Barley Brothers Restaurant had the best "Rib Eye" steak ive ever had. Thats all of the "positive comments" I have for now, I guess Ill go organize the garage and find some parts to sell in the classifieds.
GT