PDA

View Full Version : Jetaway question

JAY4SPEED
03-17-2006, 10:15 PM
When a Jetaway is installed, does it take the place of the thrust bearing cap / retainer plate? I have seen the pictures on Duane's / Hi-tech's website and it appears to be bolted directly to the suction housing. I've never seen one installed in person yet and was curious.
Jay

JAY4SPEED
03-18-2006, 09:06 PM
96 people have looked at this thread and no one owns a Jetaway that can help me out here?
Jay

El Prosecutor
03-18-2006, 09:15 PM
96 people have looked at this thread and no one owns a Jetaway that can help me out here?
Jay
If nobody replies call Duane's shop. I have called there a couple of times and everybody who picks up the phone there has been friendly AND seems to know what they are talking about.

sdba069
03-18-2006, 09:29 PM
The bearing cap is not used with the Jetaway. You remove the cap and drill and tap the front of the suction housing for a the 8 bolt pattern that the Jetaway uses. You use the 4 existing holes and drill 4 new ones.

Old Guy
03-18-2006, 10:09 PM
It's a little more complicated if you're installing on a Jacuzzi intake......the concept is the same.

JAY4SPEED
03-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks again Garry, that was exactly the info I was looking for.
I picked up a brand new polished Aggressor suction housing for cheap. I'm planning to use a Jetaway and didn't know if I needed to buy a bearing retainer in addition to the jetaway.
I know I could have called Duane or Brian on Monday but needed to get the info before then. Thanks again fellas!
Jay

sdba069
03-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Always glad to help.

dragboat
03-19-2006, 06:26 PM
If nobody replies call Duane's shop. I have called there a couple of times and everybody who picks up the phone there has been friendly AND seems to know what they are talking about.
I'll second that, they were helpfull and weren't trying to sell me everthing. And they were nice. They made the time to answer a few stupid questions... kindly.