PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya - Gets robbed, again

CEO
09-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Is it just me or did Oscar get ****ing robbed again. ( I didn't have any cash on it). Anybody see it different then me? Thoughts, remarks.
CEO

unleashed
09-13-2003, 09:37 PM
I for one was very happy with the outcome. I bet 250.00 on Mosley with the odds. However I think the fight was more of a draw than anything. Sometimes judges don't like when a fighter runs the whole fight. Mosley had to take the fight to him. If Delahoya would have pressed the fight I think he would have definitly won. Either way it wasnt that great of a fight, well except for my bet. :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

Coach
09-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Oscar was robbed. Pro Fighting is like the WWE. They want another rematch so they can cash in. There isn't any other decent fighers out there so they stir the pot and set up a rematch in another year. Pro Boxing sucks. :mad:

WopOnWater
09-13-2003, 09:43 PM
unleashed I dont know which fight you were watching but oscar did bring it to him. Did you happen to see the punch stats. oscar won in every catagory, jabs, power pucnhes, total punches by a big margine. Oscar got robbed.

betty boop
09-13-2003, 09:51 PM
maybe Oscar needs to fight this guy...
http://www.spicypictures.com/pictures/tyson_needs_milk.jpg

unleashed
09-13-2003, 10:04 PM
Hmmmmm, Maybe I've had one to many seven and sevens. From my point of view Oscar backed up the whole fight and Mosley got in the better power punches(Oscar got wobled in the first I believe and 9th or 10th round). Sometimes that sticks in a judges mind. Overall a sh*tty fight. I like guys that get in there and go toe to toe. I can still remember the great Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Sugar ray bouts.
Most of the people that were watching the fight with me thought De la Hoya won. Maybe the judges were drinking the same alcohol I was!
Opppppssss I just thought of something. I think Vegas was going to lose to much money so they paid the judges??? whaddayaaa think???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

Kilrtoy
09-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Between the 8 million kids all wearing UNLEASHED GEAR and running infront of the TV screen,
From what I saw DELAHOYA GOT JACKED.
P.S. I dont like him either.....
[ September 14, 2003, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: Kilrtoy ]

Ivan Dan
09-14-2003, 12:13 AM
I thought this fight was BORING!!! Neither guy did anything special.
Did anyone see the fight a month or so back between Arturo Guauti and Mickey Ward? It was the rubber match between these 2 guys and all 3 fights were a complete slugfest. I bet these guys made about 1/20th of either De La Hoya or Mosely. Why can't these big fights ever be exciting?
www.DanKaatz.com (http://www.DanKaatz.com)

carbonmarine
09-14-2003, 09:32 AM
I cant belive nobody's commented on the Mexican National Anthem being played.
De La Hoya is American. He was born here, raised here and America has given him the opportunity to pursue and achieve .... Why the Mexican Anthem.... did he defect ...? ** I was actually pissed.
Rick32

mbrown2
09-14-2003, 09:45 AM
Oscar got robbed...neither fighter did much great, but neither fighter was ever in real trouble, so you have to go to the stats of who controlled the fight. I disagree that judges don't like folks that control the fight...if they did, Sugar Ray would have lost to Hagler...he did nothing great with the exception of control the fight....
Boxing is becoming more of a joke than WWE....Bring on the K1 between Bob Sapp and Mike Tyson and enough with this crooked ass boxing crap...
Like Unleashed, I miss the days with Sugar Ray, Hearns, Hagler, Cuevas, Duran, etc...those were the days...
[ September 14, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

beyondhelpin
09-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Oscar was robbed!
It was a pretty boring fight. Even though Oscar backed up most of the fight doesn't mean that Mosley was the aggressor cause he wasn't. He did look stronger than Oscar. Dumbass judges don't know how to judge a fight! They went with blood (accidental head butt), the fact he looked stronger (but was not able to use the strength effectively), and the fact he was always moving forward (but still not the aggressor). Those things are not what scoring is about unless it is real close which it wasn't!
How could you miss that big of a difference in the punch numbers?! Oscar was robbed!

STGP
09-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Oscar was totaly robbed again, just like in the Trinadad fight.
I used to be a big boxing fan, now I don't know.

sandblasted
09-14-2003, 01:55 PM
How do you figure Oscar was robbed? He was paid $17 million!! and he lost! If you call that robbery I'll take it... :D

little rowe boat
09-14-2003, 02:36 PM
He can't catch a decision in vegas.The 17 mil. will help him get over the decision a little faster.

al cole'holic
09-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Who was drooling??
Nice bet Unleashed, I took home a good chunk too... :D

RiverForUs
09-14-2003, 10:23 PM
aOriginally posted by CEOinSoCal:
[b] Is it just me or did Oscar get ****ing robbed again . What do you mean again ? I hope you're not referring to the Felix Trinidad fight. You know, the one where Oscar ran for the last 4 rounds and ended up losing?
He certainly didn't get robbed there!

Kilrtoy
09-14-2003, 11:07 PM
Hey your boat looks like mine, so I but them next to each other

Essex502
09-15-2003, 05:31 AM
That whiney-assed crybaby always gets "robbed". Beaten three times now and can't admit the other fighter beat him. The LA Times sports writers all had Mosley winning a close fight which - their consensus - is so rare as to be virtually unheard of. Oscat ran even MORE than when he fought (and lost to) Tito. Was it MY imagination or was Oscar's left arm hanging a little low to protect him sore right side from Mosley's body blows.
Fight was boring...Ward-Gotti I, II and III were fights of the century.

Low B
09-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Didn't see the fight, but punch counts can be decieving. If I fight George Foreman and hit him 10 times, and he hits me once, I still believe that I will lose the fight! sleeping

Essex502
09-18-2003, 06:27 AM
For those who didn't see it on PPV it'll be rebroadcast on HBO this Saturday (9/20) at 6:45. DirecTV will broadcast it in HDTV as well.
It's amazing how most of the media seem to think that Mosley won it (except for the HBO guys) and most of the non-media seem to think De La Hoya won it.

Backtanner
09-18-2003, 06:50 AM
Perhaps if he would come to knock guys out like he used to there wouldn't be a question of who won or not. Here's another idea, if want to run away constantly, fight at least 7 rounds before you start running thinking you already have the fight in the bag. Personally, I'd much rather see a Roy Jones or Kostya Tzu fight anyway.

Essex502
09-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Boxing should be like the WWE - cage match - two men (or women!!) in one man out! :D