PDA

View Full Version : OC Boat Show

Super D
04-12-2003, 06:56 PM
Went to the show with the fam today - man, what a bunch of sweet-ass rides! The missus and I were diggin' on the Chapparal deck boats - pretty cool how much room and amenities it packs. We're definitely leaning that way for our next purchase. Any current owners out there to lend their opinions? Oh yeah, the $5 CL plastic screw top lid bottles are a good touch for any :D convention.

Super D
04-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Anybody else make it there?

SCUBA STEVE
04-14-2003, 07:37 PM
yeah, the family and I made it there yesterday. not as big as the LA boat show, but since it was smaller, the sales reps were more friendly this go around. Since we just bought our boat, I was trying to get my friend to go in with me on a new pantoon. But he got gun shy. cry
I dont know much from on chapparal, but I have heard they are a good mfg, and you get what you pay for. :D

77charger
04-14-2003, 08:02 PM
i made it there thur night was quiet but good.Def not as big but i spent more time looking at the boats.Them deck boats would make a great party boat to be honest i wouldnt mind having one from ultra to chaperal.But for know i'll stick to my open bow

Duck
04-14-2003, 09:17 PM
The wife and I went Thursday at opening time. FYI, they sing the Stars Spangled Banner before the public enters! She did a nice job though. First checked out the new 28 Advantage. Next to them was the guy with the colored umbilical cords for the trailer lights and was selling them for $50. Guy next to him had nice towing ropes at good prices. Next eye grabber was the new 260AC at the Hallet booth. Would like to see it in a hard deck. They said it's selling well already and I hope they make Art's 33' masterpiece someday. Force's stuff looked good, but my wife went crazy for Magics 28 deck boat. Force said they'll have theirs next year. Eliminator had the green 27 there, a 25 and 26. I don't look at V's. Ultra was looking fine, avoided Cobra. Love LaveyCrafts gell work as usual. Essex and Shockwave represented. Damn wakeboard boats are getting huge! They're up to 24'. Got to see Harold Bruces twin jet pumps and a nice video showing them under power. The LED trailer lights at one trailer booth ran $80 each! The marker lights were about 40. I would need about $500 worth. I don't think so, even with the lifetime warranty. Ouch. Talked to Dana people, Byron from Hill Props, and into many others we haven't seen for to long so it was a good day.
Not the LA show but a lot of fun anyway.

No Regrets
04-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Any beef Jerky?

Windy
04-14-2003, 09:23 PM
We were there fri nite...HBjet, WhipedCaliber, DiscoCharger, PartyCat, RTJas were there sunday.
MissHBjet
[ April 14, 2003, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

Nubbs
04-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Was the Sat. night. My favorite was the ultra deck boat. I got a box anchor too.

SCUBA STEVE
04-15-2003, 07:46 AM
Nubbs:
Was the Sat. night. My favorite was the ultra deck boat. I got a box anchor too. I think the box anchor is one of the things out there that really works! A bitch to open, but worth it.
DUCK, That ultra 28' was sweet. The magic deck is also very nice. :D

01RENEGADE
04-15-2003, 06:56 PM
I was there sun really liked the 23 laser apex for the price