PDA

View Full Version : Boat Storage in Parker

BUSTI
03-05-2003, 02:39 PM
I just purchased a trailer at Riverland and I'm now looking for inside boat storage. I have a 181/2 Sanger Bubble Deck Super Jet and my son has his 20.6 Eliminator v-drive. Can anybody recommend inside storage in Parker or on the California side? Badenochs said they had storage availible does anybody store there? Summer is near, I can hardly wait to go to the River! Thanks for the follow up! See ya in Parker!! :D

Waldo
03-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Active Storage in Parker is an "inside" storage. (502) 667-2811 They offer a bunch of services also (maintenance, detailing, etc.)

mbrown2
03-05-2003, 02:54 PM
I went through the same a couple of years ago...Parker House, then I needed Parker Storage...here are some I called...
Andersen Boat Storage,Parker, AZ(928)669-8352
Badenoch's, Parker, AZ (982) 669-2681
Lakeside Boat & Mini Storage,Parker, AZ (928) 667-2811
Mini Storages,Parker, AZ(928) 669-5659
River Ramp Storage,Parker, AZ (928) 667-7005
River Shore Resort & Motel, Earp, CA (760) 665-2572
Desert Storage Inc, Parker, AZ (928) 669-5401
Kemper Boat Rv & Mini Storage,Parker, AZ (928) 667-2730
Moonridge Boat Haven, Parker, AZ (928) 667-4610
Affordable Storage, Earp, CA 92242 (760) 665-2628, (760) 665-8126
BMB, Parker (new near Roadrunner) 928-667-7094,928-667-7010
Good luck, I am sure BMB has a availability but they are big 14=x43 and go for like $175 a month, Affordable Storage right on Big River road is like $80 a month for a 12x30...

C-Ya
03-05-2003, 03:43 PM
I store my boat at Badenoch's. It is truly the most difficult storage that I have ever had. You must be an expert with a tow vehicle. I have had two storages there. The first, forced me to turn the boat into the storage because you could not straighten out in front of it. Thats not so bad if the storage was 12' wide, but it isn't, it is in the neighborhood of 9'. Even though they call it a 10x "whatever size" (they have several different lengths)after they have framed in the garage door, there is 8'11" of true opening size and my trailer is 8'6" wide. So for you math majors, that is only 2" on either side of clearance past the door (even though it is a litle wider inside). It actually makes it just as hard to remove the boat is it was to get into the storage in the first place.
My current storage there has a straight shot at it, and it is still extremely difficult. Because it is so narrow, there is a point when looking into my mirrors just before I am about to enter the door that the trailer looks like it is going to hit both sides, but I have learned that this is an optical illusion.
You have to make sure that you put the cover on before putting the boat away because there is no way you can do it once it is in the storage. I just use a dust cover which is almost impossible to put on by yourself on a windy day.
So my final word would be this; it is the best priced on the river, but you certainly earn the discount. By the way, I was under the impression that there was still a waiting list?
Thanx
C-Ya

boatnam2
03-06-2003, 06:52 AM
if i was staying at riverland i would store at one of the brand new storage units at rio colorado just a couple of seconds up the road.

Smokin Joe
03-06-2003, 01:57 PM
The storage at Rio is nice 10 X 40 clean and plenty of room to back in. Not many left they are going quick ask for Shirley 760-663-3006
joe

BUSTI
03-11-2003, 01:58 PM
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP! Last week end I went to Parker to store both my boats and based on the information I got from all of you guys I got both boats stored and even more.
After calling the people that MBrown2 and River Dave recommended I ended up with the last two brand new 10x30 inside storage units at Colorado Del Rio on the California side just up the dam road from Riverland where my trailer is. On Wednesday I called Shirely the manager and she held them for me and on Saturday morning my boys and I towed my Sanger and our Eliminator and got'em stored.
But what I am most excited about are the resouces of one Roger Spielman who is the owner of "Boat Storage". After leaving my boat out , covered well I might add for only 2 weeks, on the side of my house, located in Huntington Beach, the combination of the rain and then the warm sun ruined the finish on my otherwise pristine original Sanger Bubble deck gel coat! Friday nite when I took the covers off and the plastic tarp I was shocked and broken hearted to see that a white milky cloud had penetrated my gel coat and discolored it!. Well I thought lets get to the River and maybe its water spotting and just maybe vinegar will get it off. No way it ruined my boat and I was about to cry when I remembered River Dave had posted up refering me to Boat Storage for storage and service. So I went to Boat Storage (thats really what its called) and met Roger the proprietor. For over one hour he worked on the boat using his chemicals and compounds eventually he said that he had to wet sand the whole boat and then buff it out, he did a small section of the deck to show me and man it looked better than boat did before! He said he could not do it now as he was busy but that if I brought it back he could do it in 3 weeks. He refused to take any money for his time and I could not beleive how wonderful he was to have spent 1 3/4 hours working on my boat and didn't expect any pay for it. What a guy! Well I had to force him to take 40 bucks as I told him Please allow me to buy you diner or something! So he accepted the 40 bucks only after he refused more money! I highly recommend Roger...he is friendly, good at his work and generous with his time! What he qouted me for the whole boat was more than fair. He welcomes a challenge and he is a valuable resource to all boaters that frequent Parker.
He diagnosed my problem as microscopic mildew had developed from the moisture that grew once the sun heated up the boat. Basically I created a green house effect with the plastic tarp. Well all is well and Roger helped so much! Thanks River Dave! Your tip paid off in spades! Call Roger at 928/669-BOAT. As I sat at Badanochs having a burger and a bloody mary watching the speed skiers go by I realized how much you guys had helped THANKS A MILLION! :D wink :D :D

mbrown2
03-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Busti, glad to hear you found some storage that worked for you. :)

h2oski2fast
03-11-2003, 04:16 PM
The "Boat Storage" place in kinda a pain in the a$$. You don't EVER want to leave your boat out at night, and they soma really terrible hours as far as I'm concerned. I got my buddies boat back there with like 2 minutes to spare, the guy said they close at 8pm, and it was still light out. I come in or leave at all hours, so that place didn't work for me. I use Parker Storage, nice storage units, all concrete.

mbrown2
03-11-2003, 05:23 PM
h2oski2fast:
The "Boat Storage" place in kinda a pain in the a$$. You don't EVER want to leave your boat out at night, and they soma really terrible hours as far as I'm concerned. I agree with you...I come/leave at different hours, so it did not work for me...I do like the cleaning and maintenance services though..
And unlike the "hitters", money is an object... :)

BUSTI
03-11-2003, 07:45 PM
This guy is interesting. He told me he spent 15 years as a Mercedes technichian. Which makes sense if you saw the inventory of clientes boats he stores and details. He is hiring a service guy that is Mercruiser experienced that will start soon. Mainly his biz is storage and detailing. He was detailing a 26 foot Daytona with a monster hunk of iron between the stringers and the guy had just used it on the lake for 4 hours and then he dropped bak at Boat Storage. Roger was washing and detailing it and waxing it as well. RiverDave you'd love this guy....he sees all kind of big player deals and his personal choice for cruisung the Park Strip is a fully restored 20 foot, Rudy Ramos built, enduro v-drive GN boat. Looks great to. He is currently restoring a 1968 Mach 1 Mustang with a 428 tunnel port monster that is painted to look the one Steve McQueen ran in the movie Bullet.
Hey did anybody else go and watch the ski races this weekend? The weather was outstanding! :D :D