PDA

View Full Version : force offshore or Eliminator?

Havasubum
05-26-2003, 11:32 AM
i am looking to get a new boat but cannot decide between force offshore 29 and the eliminator 28 lp daytona. what do you all think i should get right now i am leaning more towards the force
i am looking to hit about 110 mph

Craig
05-26-2003, 11:50 AM
You looking at twins in the 28? Is the Force even available with twins? To hit 110 in a 28 with a single will take some serious horsepower. What kind of drive are you looking at? We talked to a guy at the lake that had an unblown 580 in a 28 LP and he was running mid 90's. Both are nice boats though.
[ May 26, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Havasubum
05-26-2003, 11:53 AM
im looking at the twin motor for the daytona or single motor for the force with 1100hp beck racing motor

Donnie
05-26-2003, 01:08 PM
I don't know much about Force..but if I had to chose and had the money it would be a 28 lp and twins.
As far as BRE goes :rolleyes: Do yourself a BIG favor and check out some other engine builders..Phaff, Peto and Teague are good places to start.
Good luck

roln 20s
05-26-2003, 01:38 PM
I like the idea of a twin 28 daytona LP much better than one huge blown 1100 HP Force. I like the Force alot, and for the money, you can't go wrong, but I think that setup will be more problems than anything (only cuz of the motor). If you are going 1100 HP, I would only go to Pfaff for a quad-rotor whipple 598 $$$$
Not sure if you want a used boat (practically brand new), but check out Cat and Mice on the boards (mike pyle). He has the twin small block 28 LP that was in ***boat. Meet him this weekend at the lake and all I can say is...DAMN. That is the sickest boat I have ever seen. UNBELIEVABLE. If I had the cash, I would already be rollin it.
Roln 20s

Havasubum
05-26-2003, 01:50 PM
can you post a picture of the boat and some info on it how fast did it run?

roln 20s
05-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Hell yeah- here is the website:
www.pyleperformance.com (http://www.pyleperformance.com)
He has two brand new pfaff motors in the boat- probably with like 4-5 hrs (guessing). I think it dynoed around 800hp each, so my guess is top speed is 140+, since it ran 131.6 with two people in it, 100 degrees outside with the old 580hp whipple 6.2s. Boat is beautiful- diamond plate in the engine compartment. Triple axle extreme trailer with drive guards. All of the interior, guages, etc I do not think was done by eliminator. All done per his specs. Like no other boat on the water. Way beyond your standard Eliminator--this is immaculate.
http://www.pyleperformance.com/photogallery/28daytonalptwin/images/022_22.jpg
http://www.pyleperformance.com/photogallery/28daytonalptwin/images/CockpitDash.jpg
http://www.pyleperformance.com/photogallery/28daytonalptwin/images/DSC00030.jpg
http://www.pyleperformance.com/photogallery/28daytonalptwin/images/013_13.jpg
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Unfortunately, I wasn't there long enough to bum a ride and tell you how it is, but I'm sure Mike could give you some personal feedback when he blows by people.
Roln 20s

Charley
05-27-2003, 08:50 AM
why is it that we don't see any force 29's with twins?? will they not fit?
PS I'd vote 28 LP...Big cubic inch N/A motors w/ XR or Imco SC Drives

kanedog
05-27-2003, 10:34 AM
u will definately need a #6 for all that horsepower,anything else willc ost u just as much money in breakdowns an d frustration and tow ins.As for eliminator,dont expect any help from the factory for any support during construction.They seem to be so busy at these times of the year that you will have a hard time finding anyone who will even know what stage your boat is at in the building stage.
As for force,if they had excellent customer service and the product was great,then id go for them if those were the only 2 choices.Either way,if your looking for resale, you be losing a ton of money anyway you go.

roln 20s
05-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Either way,if your looking for resale, you be losing a ton of money anyway you go. Why is that?
Roln 20s

Jrocket
05-27-2003, 12:18 PM
roln 20s:
Either way,if your looking for resale, you be losing a ton of money anyway you go. Why is that?
Roln 20s Because its a boat not a house... :D

roln 20s
05-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Because its a boat not a house...
That I knew..I just thought he may have meant you are going to lose money (more so than normal) just because you buy one of those boats. If that was the case, I'm not sure I would agree with that.
Roln 20s

Jrocket
05-27-2003, 12:30 PM
roln 20s:
Because its a boat not a house...
That I knew..I just thought he may have meant you are going to lose money (more so than normal) just because you buy one of those boats. If that was the case, I'm not sure I would agree with that.
Roln 20s I also doubt that would be the case.
I dont know which boat I would get.Probably the Eliminator,but which ever one you get,spend the extra cash and get the engine compartment gel coated too.That splash gel stuf has to be the ugliest thing ever done in a boat.It can make a bitchen boat turn ugly when the hatch is up... :D

unleashed
05-27-2003, 12:59 PM
I'd give my 29 force open bow thumbs up all the way. Not sure what exactly you are looking for though. My buddy has a 28 eliminator and we hung out this whole weekend. He went through 3 drives last year with only about 600 horsepower. This year his boat is running great. If I were choosing either one it would be the force. Nothing but excellent service so far and the boat kicked alot of ass this weekend especially in the rough stuff.
As far as not seeing twins no one on the west coast has ordered one with this setup. They are building one for an east coast guy with twin scorpians supposebly. You can fit 2 small blocks in a 29 but not big blocks.
Goodluck with your decision as they are both good boats. Im just a little biased toward the force though!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

Havasubum
05-27-2003, 01:09 PM
do you think the xr drive will hold up with the 1100hp BRE motor, which boat will handle better?

unleashed
05-27-2003, 01:24 PM
When you start asking about drives thats a whole different ballgame. I mean it should hold up fine but 1100hp is alot of horsepower so its a toss up. There is a guy named Jason that has 980hp bre and we ran with him this weekend. He has had the boat for a month and has the xr drive on it. So far so good. When it comes to drives there are no gaurantees. If you want to play remember you may have to pay!
I think you should go for a test drive and see what feels better to you. I've driven in both boats and chose my Force and have been happy. Now its time to move up to my 32.
Deano

Havasubum
05-27-2003, 01:36 PM
deano
whens the new boat going to be done and are you selling your current boat

Jrocket
05-27-2003, 01:38 PM
Havasubum:
do you think the xr drive will hold up with the 1100hp BRE motor, which boat will handle better? You asked so here it is.NO,the drive will break sooner than later,if you have a true 1100HP.Now for the part you probably dont want to hear.I doubt you will have enough time to break the drive with that motor,being that I havent heard any good things about BRE.Nobody that has had a BRE motor has gotten the HP they should have or the motor was so off on the combination that it didnt even run close to what it should.Again you asked so this is what I know from people that are my friends and some from strangers.I'd bet there are happy customers of BRE out there,I just have never heard of one.Ask around and see what you find.Im not trying to slam BRE,Im just telling what I hear and you know how that can be sometimes.
If you do get the Force and the BRE motor,I wouldnt worry so much.John at Force will work any bugs out.You'll definately be in good shape with him wrenching on it... :D

Charley
05-27-2003, 01:43 PM
BRE....do a search

Catmando
05-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Frank Beck and his cohort Dave both called me last week to discuss a race motor for my boat. Frank has built motors for several IRL race teams over the years. I would not hesitate buying an engine from him.
As to the twin vs single issue, and Eliminator's heavy build schedule, Force might be the answer, but if the boat won't take big blocks, talk to Frank about a twin 383 stroker setup. His basic 383 makes 435HP, so with the right blower(my choice would be Whipple)and carb setup, 550-600HP would not be out of the question for that SBC. That would put you over 100 for sure.
With that power, either the IMCO Extreme or the Bmax drive would work well.

burtandnancy
05-27-2003, 02:00 PM
Just up the road from both Eliminator and Force is GT Performance and he rigs a lot of cats, (and V's) knows a lot of tricks. Consider one or two of his quad rotor motors and the new IMCO 4 X 4 Extreme drives. Put it all on an Extreme tri axle trailer and you'll have one fine piece of equipment...

Jrocket
05-27-2003, 02:01 PM
burtandnancy:
Just up the road from both Eliminator and Force is GT Performance and he rigs a lot of cats, (and V's) knows a lot of tricks. Consider one or two of his quad rotor motors and the new IMCO 4 X 4 Extreme drives. Put it all on an Extreme tri axle trailer and you'll have one fine piece of equipment... DITTO :D

unleashed
05-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Havasu bum, My boat should be ready in 4 weeks. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
As far as BRE goes I've heard negative and positive. I think if you have the money maybe look into a teague as i've heard nothing but positives with his setups. Will cost you a little more but proven.
JRocket is right. John at Force could usually workout any bugs that may arise with you engine wise. He definitly knows his shit.
Deano

DogHouse
05-27-2003, 02:21 PM
Of all the stuff mentioned here, my personal pick would be the 28LP and a pair of Peto big blocks, as mild or wild as you like... His standard warrantied motor like Charley is running is 580ci, 9:1, hydraulic roller, good parts, and enough hp to get a 29 DCB solidly into the mid 120s. Yup, that will work. By the way, Larry is thinking of doing an EFI package for that motor now in case you don't want a carb. His prices are reasonable compared to other top line builders. I would not even consider BRE but that's just me.
-brian

Tom Slick
05-27-2003, 02:30 PM
Havasubum,
I have an even better idea. How about a 30' cat with a true tunnel that will run 110+ in the roughest water Havasu has to offer. Hell, if Havasu isn't rough enough, you can run 110+ out in the ocean too and it won't fall apart like some of these other boats. Nothing to radical under the hatch, just a couple of naturally aspirated 540's. The best part about this boat, is that you can drive it today and not wait until the season is over before they even put your new boat in the mold.
If you are anyone else is interested this boat is FOR SALE.
Spectre 30
New 540 c.u. Chevrolets, fresh Bravo's, all new updated interior, new lab props, etc, etc.

Charley
05-27-2003, 02:50 PM
DogHouse:
Of all the stuff mentioned here, my personal pick would be the 28LP and a pair of Peto big blocks, as mild or wild as you like... His standard warrantied motor like Charley is running is 580ci, 9:1, hydraulic roller, good parts, and enough hp to get a 29 DCB solidly into the mid 120s. Yup, that will work. By the way, Larry is thinking of doing an EFI package for that motor now in case you don't want a carb. His prices are reasonable compared to other top line builders. I would not even consider BRE but that's just me.
-brian NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! :D
In all seriousness... Larry Peto has been really good to work with so far...Great Product, Motors are running great..he is service oriented and still answering all my questions without rushing me off the phone, Larry has been paid in full on my deal so the fact that he still spends up to 1/2 hour talking with me on the phone when I call says alot to me!
And to be honest I have nothing Bad to say about Teague or the motor I bought from him either....Bob knows his shit....

DogHouse
05-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Larry is extremely helpful. I'm chump change on the scale of his "good customers" and he always takes time to help and provide advice or whatever level of parts/service I need. He even still talks to me after I ignore his good advice, do something stupid, break my sh!t, and drag it back to the shop, tail between my legs! :D

kanedog
05-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Roln 20's-i mean that it is a money loser because it is a boat not a house. Nothing to do with the manufacturers, but its pretty neat to see how things on the internet can be misinterpretd.
The drive question-ive went thru this problem with 900hp thru the new imco sc(not 4x4).4 cv joints and one gear set. Now the boat is totally rerigged with a number 6. it was costly to rerig it and had i known what i know now, it would have been a six from the start.My season sucked after all the towins and not being able to finish the two pokerruns that i entered.
The whole interior had to be removed,back seat moved ahead,new side panels built,new hatch had to be built,new motor mounts builts,redo electrical and it is a huge job.transom also had to be reglassed to fill old bravo hole.
I was pretty easy on the boat and still had these breakdowns. this year,balls out,drive it like u stole it summer.I cant see it being any worse than year except that the drive should live.