PDA

View Full Version : take a few seconds

NastyOne
06-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Even though the war is over, I thought it would be cool of everyone to take a few seconds and write a little something to our soldiers. After all... its guys like these that make it possible for us to go boating.
If you click on the link, it will direct you to a page that you can write a message to the soldiers on.
www.anyservicemember.org (http://www.anyservicemember.org)

BP1330
06-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks NastyOne I know they appreciate it. Just found out last another local got killed. He was also in the LAPD Academy so hit kinda close to home. Shot you 5 stars for thought.

mister460
06-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Nasty, it's people like you that let me know what I do is not unappreciated. Thanks from all us service members!! BTW, I'll be back in Cali end of August...I'll buy you a beer!
Semper Fi!

SoCalOffshore
06-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the info, post is done.

Fast Fishys
06-05-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm bummed. Where did you get the info he was in the LAPD Academy. I retired 5-17 from LAPD.

BP1330
06-05-2003, 07:58 PM
My parents went to the LAPD military appreciation day last Sunday. They had the Officers Mother there. They came home and told me. Kinda upset me because although I got atcivated I didn't get sent over seas. Kinda didn't seem fair or right. I am sure you know the feelings.

BP1330
06-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Need to apoligize to every one. The Marine that was killed was not yet a memember. Here's the only article I could find. From what I was told from people that were there is that he was in the Academy or scheduled to be in the academy. This does not change the sacrifice he made for his country.
LAPD pays tribute to El Monte Marine killed in Iraq
Although Cpl. Jorge Gonzalez never made it to the ranks of the Los Angeles Police Department, he was honored Saturday along with the 100 members of the LAPD serving in the military.
Police Chief William Bratton presented Gonzalez's parents, Rosa and Mario Gonzalez of El Monte, with a plaque in appreciation of their son's service to the country.
"Today we honor him by honoring his family and the dream that he had to be one of us,' Bratton said.
Gonzalez, who had been assigned to the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade based at Camp Lejeune, N.C., was killed March 23 near Nasiriyah, Iraq, during the early days of fighting.
The 20-year-old Marine is survived by his wife, Jazty, as well as his infant son, Alonso Manuel, whom he never had the chance to meet.
Gonzalez had told family members that he planned to move back to El Monte after he finished his military service next year and enroll in the police academy.
: Associated Press
I my mind he is, and will always be ONE OF US!