PDA

View Full Version : Best Bars/Bartenders

Free Agent
05-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Allright you thugs,, list your favorite watering holes and bartenders.
I have to start with Dawn at the Drinkers hall of fame. I imagine everyone on the board knows and would like to do Dawn.
Another favorite place is the Marlin Club in Avalon. Bartender Brian,,a real piece of work, always crazy to hang with. To watch Brian talk girls into flashing is a real lesson in comedy.
Can't remember the bartenders name that used to work part time long time ago at Fox's Floating Bar on the Colorado River. A former Hockey player from Wisconsin,, he'd hop over the bar and always accomodate drunks that want to fight, always wins. Not for the faint of heart to hang with.
Fox's is excellent to hang out at at night,, lots of flashing & sex,,,
The Tiki Ti,, if you can't get laid there,, you need lessons,, awsum 10+ looking women hang out there,,
So list you favorite places, favorite bartenders:
[ May 12, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Free Agent ]

Dusty Times
05-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Gotta try the one in Avalon.

beached 1
05-11-2003, 06:44 PM
The Yard House in Rancho Mirage, the dude who looks like Bud Bundy.
The Martini Bar in Redlands, the Asian guy.

Windy
05-11-2003, 08:30 PM
RiverDave:
Are you talking about Fox's in Parker?
:confused:
RD Free Agent:
Can't remember the bartenders name at Fox's Floating Bar on the Colorado River.
I think thats the one wink

GlastronGuy
05-11-2003, 08:52 PM
MissHBjet:
RiverDave:
Are you talking about Fox's in Parker?
:confused:
RD Free Agent:
Can't remember the bartenders name at Fox's Floating Bar on the Colorado River.
I think thats the one wink He's got a mind like a steel trap, that one.

mbrown2
05-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Ditto, have always found Foxes the most sedate bar on the river...kind of like it that way. :)

68campbell
05-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Here:
Best Bar (http://www.mavericksaloon.org)
http://www.mavericksaloon.org/DSCN0033.JPG My Dad decided he was bartending. I've never been so drunk.
[ May 12, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: 68campbell ]

Blown 472
05-12-2003, 11:38 AM
City limits in dog town is pretty good, happy hour all day on monday other wise 2.00$ mixers.
[ May 12, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

dimarcobros
05-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Dawn at D.H.O.F. is the only reason to attend the Fame. jawdrop That place is the best dive bar that I use to attend on a regular basis. Cheap drinks and lots of drunk people. It is the "cheers" of Arcadia. I would like to try the place in Avalon.

Free Agent
05-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Don't see Tammy much anymore at the Roadrunner,, Saw her working the Pharmacy in town last week.
Who was that fine bartender a few years back who's dad lived on what looked like a houseboat near the headgate dam? I think she worked both Fox's and the perhaps the Roadrunner.
If I recall, some sort of tragedy happened to her dad, never saw her after that.

Hallett19
05-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Tiki Ti is a good place, great drinks, good crowd, kind of small though.
The Dresden is awesome, great martini bar and the live music of Marty and Elayne is great.
Dublins on the strip is good and right down the street is Tracadero, some of my favs.
My fav though is probably Pig n' The Whistle on hollywood and las palmas. Decorated very well, great bar, awesome food, very classy. Its a great place to watch games and fights (they have a HUGE projection screen) and a patio right on the walk of fame.
Is drinkers hall of fame in Arcadia ? I live in Pasadena, but I do alot of my drinking in the greater Hollywood area and I am curious about this place.

Free Agent
05-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Anyone remember the ROCK House??
[ May 12, 2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Free Agent ]

mbrown2
05-12-2003, 07:28 PM
I think you mean the Rock Palace....washed away with the flood (I think); there was a thread on here a while back that covered the 60's, 70's, and 80's on the strip...there are some folks on this board that have some good memories..

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
05-12-2003, 08:07 PM
HEROES in Fullerton is an awesome bar/restaurant. Alex makes one hell of a long island iced tea. We usually order them in the 32oz mugs. wink Andrea is the best waitress there and the cutest by far. They have GREAT DRINKS, GREAT FOOD, and GREAT EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!! We love hanging out there!!!!!!! :)

Windy
05-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Mrs Sandbar Junkie:
HEROES in Fullerton is an awesome bar/restaurant. Alex makes one hell of a long island iced tea. We usually order them in the 32oz mugs. wink Andrea is the best waitress there and the cutest by far. They have GREAT DRINKS, GREAT FOOD, and GREAT EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!! We love hanging out there!!!!!!! :) When are we going?

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
05-12-2003, 08:50 PM
When are we going?
We're usually there EVERY Friday night about 5 or 6pm and who knows when we end up leaving. wink That is if we're not @ the river. We just went for Mother's Day breakfast and it was soooooooo good. They only serve lunch & dinner, however this year they put on a breakfast for us Mommies. Have you ever been there? We'll be in Havasu this weekend and next weekend, so we'll have to try and hook up and go sometime in June.
[ May 12, 2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: Mrs Sandbar Junkie ]

Windy
05-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Mrs Sandbar Junkie:
When are we going?
We're usually there EVERY Friday night about 5 or 6pm and who knows when we end up leaving. wink That is if we're not @ the river. We just went for Mother's Day breakfast and it was soooooooo good. They only serve lunch & dinner, however this year they put on a breakfast for us Mommies. Have you ever been there? We'll be in Havasu this weekend and next weekend, so we'll have to try and hook up and go sometime in June. Yes I been there...Its been a long time though. We will hook up after the next couple weekends when we're gonna be home.