PDA

View Full Version : What is a 1980 sidewinder cost???

bigpurple
07-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the info from everyone that posted I was wondering what this boat is worth I am thinking of buying. 1980 sidwinder 350 ci I/O 652 hours on it 18' here is the website with pics needs complete interior and paint thanks any price sugestions would be great.....Jim
sidwinder pics click here (http://www.bigpurple.tv/new_page_2.htm)
There is plenty of room here for all God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatos

Boozer
07-21-2003, 11:58 AM
bigpurple:
Thanks for all the info from everyone that posted I was wondering what this boat is worth I am thinking of buying. 1980 sidwinder 350 ci I/O 652 hours on it 18' here is the website with pics needs complete interior and paint thanks any price sugestions would be great.....Jim
sidwinder pics click here (http://www.bigpurple.tv/new_page_2.htm)
There is plenty of room here for all God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatos How much does he want for that boat. Are you looking at things with the possibility of eventual resell or are you buying it for sentimental purposes? I'd say your looking at 5-6k to restore that boat maybe even a little more so I don't think I would pay more then $1,000 for it. If you were to buy it for $1,000 and put say 6k into it your looking at a boat that cost you 7k and you could probably sell it for about that much but maybe less.
I'd say you have a few things to consider because of the cost. Right now if you shopped around you could find a nice used boat for 7k in as good if not better condition then that boat will be in when you're done. However, if you restore that boat you'll get to ride in a boat and be the proud owner of a boat that YOU restored. So it's really up to you.
I like to take on resto projects from time to time. I would pay 1k for that boat and restore it. That's just me. I would not pay more then 1k for that boat though.

HavasuDreamin'
07-21-2003, 12:01 PM
Reality = $1,000. If your drunk and really want the boat, $1,500 tops. wink

bigpurple
07-21-2003, 12:04 PM
thats exactly what I needed to here thanks for the fast reply its my girls grandfathers definatelt sentimental value for our daughter I really want to fix myself.....thanks again

bigpurple
07-21-2003, 12:30 PM
just testing out my avitar....lol