PDA

View Full Version : Good questions that people don't ask because they don't like the answers.

Gman
08-28-2003, 09:49 AM
If Islam is not responsible for terrorism, why are whites responsible for slavery?
If a school board can prohibit the Pledge of Allegiance, because someone might be offended, can I ban condom distribution?
Why is it okay to kill the product of "rape or incest," but not the rapist?
If we give up our SUV's, will Hollywood give up its Limousines and private jets?
If you can take my 14-year-old daughter to an abortion clinic, without my consent, is it okay if I take yours to a Christian revival, without your consent?
If Muslim views on women are cultural, why are the views of Southern Baptists' sexist?
If opposition to employment or college enrollment based on skin color is called "discrimination" if you're a black female, why is it "affirmative action" if you're a white male?
Why is it socially irresponsible to subsidize school choice, but socially responsible to subsidize abortion choice?
If Islam's extreme views on gays are tolerated, why are Catholic's much milder views homo-phobic?
If negative views on Muslims are racist, why are Muslim's negative views on Jews politics?
If it's a hate crime when you're targeted for being black, why is it not a hate crime when you're targeted for being white?
Why is the separation of church and state "untouchable," but the right to bear arms "open to interpretation?"
If a Crucifix or star of David cannot be shown in school, why are hajibs allowed?
If Rosie O'Donnell won't let me own a gun, will she lend my daughter her son's bodyguard?

08-28-2003, 10:21 AM
I liked that so much I printed it out for the few left wing liberal friends I have. :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-28-2003, 10:26 AM
GGMMAANN:
If it's a hate crime when you're targeted for being black, why is it not a hate crime when you're targeted for being white?EXACTLY! It's not a hate crime either way, it's a crime, plain and simple! DEAL WITH IT!Same goes for those that are of an "alternative lifestyle" and have a crime committed against them.

mikev
08-28-2003, 10:36 AM
i agree dam liberals

MagicMtnDan
08-28-2003, 11:51 AM
That's great! Where did it come from?

Gman
08-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Not sure my sister sent it to me. :D But funny as hell! :D :D

Riolado
08-28-2003, 08:32 PM
GGMMAANN:
Those questions are indeed thought provoking good stuff but as for me I feel that all the religions and beliefs are, at best just dreams and at worst - nightmares! Islam is a nightmare for us right now; there have been times in history when Christianity was a nightmare for the Mohammedeans. It's all just ancient authortarian bunk. The world knows what the Jews have been through but read Joshua 6 and see how they socked it to some cities that stood in the way of their "god-given" destiny. I cannot say for sure guys but frankly, I think we humans would do well to put all that religious stuff where it belongs - in our history books. Of course I do admit to praying - but I have no idea who to address my prayers to. Usually I just settle for a generic "god". If there really is a prayer receiver out there I doubt that he, she , it, they -?- are vain to any degree - I mean, I never did buy into that "jealous god" junk. Jealousy is an all too human trait. So let me try this prayer - "Please god - let someone on my boat be willing to stay sober for the day so the rest of us idiots can get thoroughly Bud-lighted and Silver-bulletted!" Sorry for the long post.
Riolado

HighRoller
08-28-2003, 08:46 PM
I hate to sound like a bible thumper because I'm not.I grew up going to church at my mom's insistence,but I didn't like it.Later in life I flirted with being closer to God because I felt guilty.(Mom again.)But when I hit really hard times in my early 20's I turned to prayer and found comfort.All the stupid cliches like "everything happens for a reason"and"God works in mysterious ways"have come true in my life.BUT..I have had my doubts.Earlier in life I had a terrifying thought that maybe I went to church and believed in God all for nothing.After all,nobody knows for sure if there really is an afterlife.All we have is faith.If there was no God we wasted all this time only to have our screen go black when we die.I can't prove to you there is a God.But if I asked you to prove to me that you loved your Mother,how would you do it? You couldn't.But that doesn't mean that it isn't true.You know your mother loves you because you feel it.

jus a baker
08-28-2003, 10:19 PM
damn......thats some good questions