PDA

View Full Version : New Roost info-NOISE

Ken F
03-18-2006, 06:34 AM
here is a link to the conversation I had with the Captain of the Lake Patrol:
Muffler Thread (http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***boatsfrm58.showMessageRange?topicID=1.t opic&start=41&stop=50)
Also, please register if you are planning to attend so we know about dinner!
Table Rock Roost Registration (http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id106.htm)
Also a thread here about rooms & campsites:
http://p210.ezboard.com/fclassic***boatsfrm58.showMessageRange?topicID=1.t opic&start=41&stop=53
Thanks
Ken f

DEL51
03-18-2006, 05:46 PM
we are all a bunch of hooligans. The water cops have a rough time cause all of the blu hairs complaining of noise.

Ken F
03-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Del,
Now why would you think that you would have to listen to boats when you buy a place by the lake? That's just unreasonable.
Ken F

olbiezer
03-18-2006, 08:13 PM
sounds like the chief is going to be waiting for ya all with open ticket books......

Ken F
03-18-2006, 08:48 PM
He said that they were there to enforce the law. so yep, I'd agree.
However, he really seemed to soften his tone dramaticly once I asked him to come and give us a talk on boating saftey. Probably isn't gong to make any difference on the decibel limit though.
I think it's just something we are all going to have to learn to live with sooner than later.
I know of about 6-8 boats running open headers (including myself) who have never been hasled....but that's not running 50 boats in one small area of the lake either!
Ken

Ken F
03-26-2006, 12:14 PM
TTT-
Be sure to check out post #1-the threads about registration, Rooms, and campsites!
Ken F

DUECE'SDAD
03-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I know of three or four boats that stir up the sh#$ that wont be there this year, so you'all oughta be alright ! ! ! Good luck w/ this years roost, have you guys gotta t-shirt design yet ? ? We are putting a few things together and hope to offer a tee this year but havent narrowed down to a drawing type or a real cartonish "ratfink monster in a hydro w/ the hand on a big shifter" I like the second style but i will have to draw out a few designs and let the people decide.

DEL51
03-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Ken, You are doing it right.Maybe give johnny law a ride in an "in compliance" boat too. I was dead sober and got a ride from DNR to the ramp after my friends ran my boat hard.Pals didn't return in 15 minutes.See them pulled over. My buddy got the ticket. I told the man I had no intention of pissing people off,Big engine + Vibration busted the muffler insert bolt. He was good to me.I kissed his ass.He was between a rock and a hard place with the Blue hairs. Long story short. Be nice and include the authorities, attitude goes along way too. I have a good attitude ! except when I open the newspaper. By the way, I really like your Boat. DEL

Ken F
03-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks Del, kinda like the old saying you draw more flies with honey than vinegar? lol That's a good idea trying to tempt them with a ride. Just don't know if they could get away with that while on duty...but never hurts to ask.
I really think if they get the opportunity to meet with us and see that we aren't a bunch of idiots, it may go a long way toward building a relationship.
Still he didn't sound on the phone like the type of guy who bends the rules either!
Dustin,
I was watching your thread and hoping you would have it the weekend before ours! I really wanted to tow down for that one...
Ah well, maybe I can make it down for the Thursday night drags once or twice this summer.
Good luck with your Bash!
Ken

ONAROLL
03-26-2006, 11:08 PM
we are all a bunch of hooligans. The water cops have a rough time cause all of the blu hairs complaining of noise.
After reading Ken's conversation with the Patrolman, the only incident with the lake patrol last year with our group did not seem to indicate any blue hair involvement, Adam (ticket winner) did not feel his boat had an acceptable holeshot, we talked a little and I rode with him, we decided I would watch his boat try and lift from a dead stop, we found, what at that moment seemed to be a safe line down the channel (in front of the docks) we both turned our boats, idled a minute to check for any traffic (didnt check big ass lake patrolman on dock) I guess if you look at it through the cops eyes, it was just two out of state hooligans lining up to break the racing/noise laws of the great state of Missouri, and right under his watchful eyes, well by god, thats just what we did.........after the vaccination, Adam laughed and said he could have got me alot harder...............this lake is no tougher than any others, just be sure to use common sense and maybe........ binoculars.........Vic

Ken F
03-27-2006, 06:40 AM
Vic,
I appreciate your positive words. I guess this has become a bit negative in tone, probably because of what I have been posting-sort of like the media I've been posting only the bad news! lol
According to the Captian of the lake patrol, there were complaints from the residents who live along the lake, which is what prompted their presence, not anything our group did. He also mentioned that people had complained along the White River two years ago when we took the run down to Beaver. This is probably understandable to a degree. When we get 30-40 boats out on the lake with open headers, I'm sure it does get pretty loud. (Didn't they realize they were going to have to listen to boats when they bought lakefront property??) anyway, you guys just were doing holeshots in the wrong place at the wrong time! lol The reason stated to me that they were there was to make an impression on us that noise laws would be enforced. No one I know of (or myself) has ever reported a problem being busted for noise except for last year when we were in a large group. From their standpoint if they want to make a statement about noise laws, what better place to reach the most people with loud boats?
After the initial "vaccination" of a couple of our group on Saturday, they left us alone for the remainder of the weekend.
In conclusion, I do expect them to be there monitoring us for an hour or two-
probably on Saturday, but I think they will leave us alone for the most part for the rest of the weekend. At least that's how it worked last year.
Ken F