PDA

View Full Version : HELP, TEE FITTING NEEDED

Nubbs
04-11-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm plumbing my thermostat housing and I need a 3/4" hose barb tee fitting. I've looked and can't find nothing but cheap plastic fittings. Anybody know where I can get one?
Thanks
Nubbs

AZKC
04-11-2003, 02:49 PM
I think the water outlet on chevy v-8 water pumps is what you should look for. I have seen them in the Help(brand name) section at Autozones and Pep Boys. They are cad plated cast I think. Good Luck.
KC
[ April 11, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

HOOTER SLED-
04-14-2003, 07:39 AM
Nubbs,
I got mine at a place near you. It's actually a truck parts place. I need to dig up the receipt. I just saw it the other day. It's up above the 91, I think on Paramount. Let me know if you still need them. I can figure out where this place is. Someone at work told me about this place, he may remember. Try Rex Marine also, they may have them.
Jason

Nubbs
04-14-2003, 08:30 AM
Hooter,
Please let me know the place as I still need to get them.
AZKC,
I checked the help section and they only had 90 elbows.
Thanks
Nubbs

HOOTER SLED-
04-14-2003, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nubbs:
[QB] Hooter,
Please let me know the place as I still need to get them.
Nubbs,
Bro I figured it out! The place is called Cal Aero. It's either on Downey Ave., Paramount, or maybe Garfield. I think it's one of the first two though. Just North of the 91 fwy. They sell big truck parts and stuff. I didn't get full tees, but I think they were able order them. I just didn't have the frickin patience at the time. I did end up getting brass fittings to make up a tee. Not the best way to go, but it worked. I had trouble finding them in the area also. You would think Rex would sell them, considering I bought that thermostat bypass kit there(which requires you to use tees, go figure). Anyhow, Cal Aero is close to Lakewood. Been looking for houses in Lakewood myself. I'm in Torrance now. Good luck man. If you still can't find it, I'm sure I can dig up that receipt and get an address for you. Let me know.
Jason

Nubbs
04-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Hooter,
Thanks for the info. I know where that's at. So you're looking in Lakewood? At the current market conditions, you may have to sell your boat in order to afford anything. eek! eek!