PDA

View Full Version : Calling Kevin Spaise ?????

MUDXPRT
08-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Just recieved my issue of Hot Boat today and see the new inductees into your Hall of Fame. I recognize some of these names from when I was a kid. For any of you old timers out there my name is Andre' Rene' Maddox I'm now 42 yrs old but my dad had the Top Blown Fuel Hydro record for many years (Rene' Andre') the boat was Citation. He is in the Gulf Hall of Fame. Was in all the record books. He crashed in 1966 his body was the first object to cross the timing lights clocked at 167 mph bouncing across the water. After that Don Produme drove for us one time and flipped first time out. My father was around the same time as Larry Schwabenland (Mr. Ed). I'm a little bias but I know who was better. Kevin please let me know how he was overlooked for your Hall of Fame!!! Call me (909)376-8800 Mobile (909)279-0654 Office (909)279-1879 Home. Thanks for letting me vent.

BajaMike
08-18-2003, 08:15 PM
I just read the new Hot Boat Hall of Fame article....I vote to put Rene' Andre' (great name!) in the Hot Boat Hall of Fame!
I remember watching Rene' Andre', Don Produme and Larry Schwabenland at the drag boat races at Skiland near Perris when I was a kid.
argue
Mike
:p
[ August 18, 2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: BajaMike ]

superdave013
08-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Dude, give them a break. They add new people to the Hall of Fame every year. And this is only the second year.
What do you think that they will just toss everyone in at once??
there are lots of people just like your dad that should be in there. And I'm sure they will be in time.

Kilrtoy
08-18-2003, 08:55 PM
I think is the third year, maybe even fourth...

superdave013
08-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Kilrtoy:
I think is the third year, maybe even fourth... Ok, you might be right on that. But still, give 'em a break.

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 09:49 PM
Not to hijack the thread,but I want to see Clinton Anderson be inducted one day.Was almost killed one time,paralyzed another time in a drag boat and still came back to contribute to the sport that took so much from him.That's class..

BILLY.B
08-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Andre I do agree with you that your DAD was a PIONEER so to speak in the sport of drag boat racing both as an owner and a driver, and like Super Dave said I'm sure Kevin will get him inducted soon. There are a lot of drivers who have moved on that I'm sure are favorites of many on these boards, and I also think there are a lot of great bench racing stories to support your favorite driver. Which brings me to my favorite...Elvis Presley, the driver of the "CLAM BAKE"!!!. I think he should at least get an honorable mention vote. I mean this guy did it all, he was a glass man, "PAINTER", singer, womanizer, and he drove a flatty, so you know he had it going on. Just my .02 :D :D

Kindsvater Flat
08-18-2003, 10:35 PM
BILLY.B:
Andre I do agree with you that your DAD was a PIONEER so to speak in the sport of drag boat racing both as an owner and a driver, and like Super Dave said I'm sure Kevin will get him inducted soon. There are a lot of drivers who have moved on that I'm sure are favorites of many on these boards, and I also think there are a lot of great bench racing stories to support your favorite driver. Which brings me to my favorite...Elvis Presley, the driver of the "CLAM BAKE"!!!. I think he should at least get an honorable mention vote. I mean this guy did it all, he was a glass man, "PAINTER", singer, womanizer, and he drove a flatty, so you know he had it going on. Just my .02 :D :D Kinda like you.

08-18-2003, 10:57 PM
....and Elvis converted virgins, cleared out bars, quelled uprisings, started revolutions, dealt in small arms and he did some singing, didn't he? :confused:

bigkatboat
08-18-2003, 11:34 PM
Mr. Maddox, I would like to personally thank you for the contributions your father and your family have made to the sport of power boat racing. The 'weekend warriors' and spectators of this sport have NO IDEA of what it takes to be a WINNER! In the days your family raced, you built EVERYTHING yourselves and out the catalog parts were far and few between. Many GREAT RACERS LIKE YOUR FATHER pushed the designs and the development to the point that this sport enjoys today! Like Chuck Yeager the early boat racers, "pushed the envelope" and provided much needed info. so that the designers could arrive at much of what we use today. I feel it is sad that boat magazine editors are the source for these inductions, while Richard Parks and others are actively promoting the "safeguard" of powerboat racings history. I thank you again, George Shilala Jr. , Finish Line Engineering Corp. Est. 1958 :cool: