PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves. Got any? Share 'em.

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Elevator music while on hold on the telephone and it just isn't in my best interest to hang up on it. :mad:
Pre-recorded voice telling me thank-you for my patience every 5 minutes when I sure ain't feeling patient ... not with that ****ing elevator music playing. burningm
*Phonecall is over things went well when I did get through. I'm in a good mood actually :D but that being on hold thing .... grrrrr!! devil
waterline

Waldo
07-03-2003, 11:01 AM
When students talk when I am talking to them. burningm

Mandelon
07-03-2003, 11:01 AM
People next to me eating really noisy food or crunchy stuff like dry toast or uncooked pasta. :mad:
People who crowd the right side of the right lane at a stop light and don't leave enough room for others to make a right turn. If they stayed to the left of their lane, we could all get past them. :mad:
Saying your not going to post here anymore.....then coming back in 3 weeks... :D
[ July 03, 2003, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Mandelon ]

Ziggy
07-03-2003, 11:03 AM
Paying someone to do a job that you have to end up doing yourself again. :mad:
Mini Vans :mad: :mad:
Blue hairs in mall parking lots. :mad: :mad:
50mph drivers in the 70 zone :mad: :mad: :mad:
Just to name a few

Boozer
07-03-2003, 11:14 AM
My 2 biggest pet pieves.
Pet Pieve number 1: Messy ass bathrooms. You know the type, theres like 60,000 different types of body wash, hair careproducts, deodarants, colognes, and god knows what else. The worst is when there's all that shit and a bar of soap is nowhere to be found. This is a big reason why when living with a woman I insist on having my own bathroom I find that 7 out of 10 women seem to have bathrooms that are in the condition mentioned above.
Pet Pieve number 2: People who make things out to be a lot more then they have too. You all know the type. You explain something to them in plain english but rather then listen to what you are saying and letting it compute they are trying to come up with questions about what you're asking and how they can dispute what you just said rather then just taking it in and taking it for what it is. Thye have to make the most simple task a mathematical theorum.
I'm getting pissed off just thinking about both of these things right now.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Tardiness. If told to be there at a certain time, be there unless there is some uncontrollable circumstance. Taking too long to get your ass ready to leave is not uncontrollable. :p

comin' unscrewed
07-03-2003, 11:17 AM
Folks who can't pronounce the word nuclear. :mad: Especially educated people, like presidents! burningm

Boozer
07-03-2003, 11:17 AM
And one other 1 that REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!
The stupid ass Colorado drivers that do what I have named "The colorado wedge." When these ****s get on the highway (this is about 85% of the pople living here) they get on and "wedge" into traffic going about 30 mph cutting off everyone in the right lane and pissing off everyone behind them then punch the gas pedal. I'd like to see these shit heads try that crap in California they'd get taken out by a semi going 75 in the right lane.

Boozer
07-03-2003, 11:18 AM
comin' unscrewed:
Folks who can't pronounce the word nuclear. :mad: Especially educated people, like presidents! burningm I always found it to be interesting when the above mentioned person uses the word "nuculer"

uvindex
07-03-2003, 11:20 AM
People who, when stopping for a red light, leave two car lengths of empty space in front of them, then, for no apparent reason, creep up to fill that space while the light's still red, thus making it look like I left a bunch of empty space in front of me!
Friggin people on the launch ramp who LEAVE THEIR DOORS OPEN when they get out of the tow vehicle (it's hard to back a trailer around open car doors.)
Friggin people on the launch ramp who load and unload people from the boat to the car (or vice versa) on the ramp instead of doing it in the prep area or washdown area.
People who cruise in the left lane, while people are passing them on the right, being COMPLETELY CLUELESS how they're screwing up traffic flow. KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS -- that simple rule would allow everyone to drive as fast or slow as they wanted, without any impediments to traffic flow.
I'll stop now, but I'm sure I have hundreds more!
:)
Thanks for asking...

NoCal NoBoat
07-03-2003, 11:30 AM
I live in the Bay Area and commute on BART (train - $ 8.10 r/trip per day and going up). People commute with a lot of stuff these days. Get on a full train to go home, lots of people old enough to know better are taking up two seats - one for them, and one for a back pack big enough to hike Yosemite for a week. Ask if you can sit down, they look at you like you're dissing their space..
"Hey, Eminem wanna-be, if you didn't buy a ticket for that Vuitton, move your shit..."

Boozer
07-03-2003, 11:34 AM
NoCal NoBoat:
I live in the Bay Area and commute on BART (train - $ 8.10 r/trip per day and going up). People commute with a lot of stuff these days. Get on a full train to go home, lots of people old enough to know better are taking up two seats - one for them, and one for a back pack big enough to hike Yosemite for a week. Ask if you can sit down, they look at you like you're dissing their space..
"Hey, Eminem wanna-be, if you didn't buy a ticket for that Vuitton, move your shit..." We have something similair to that here in Denver called the light rail. I no longer ride it for that reason. Several heated arguments and several close to fist fight experiences I decided I would just make the drive everyday.

kanedog
07-03-2003, 11:38 AM
people who sell things and say that the item is "brand new".Unless you are the manufacturer and its still in the box,right off of your shelf,its not brand new!

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Mandelon you reminded me of one I'd forgotten about ... I can't be anywhere near my mom when she eats a banana or I'll want to do something highly undaughterly ... she makes horrid smacking sounds when she eats them. :rolleyes:
rake

UtlGoa
07-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Stupid ass people on these boards!!!!!!
[ July 03, 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: UtlGoa ]

Ziggy
07-03-2003, 11:59 AM
UtlGoa:
Stupip ass people on these boards!!!!!! Did you say Stupip people??? :D :D Enough said :p

eliminatedsprinter
07-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Busybody pricks who try to limit the behavior of others for "their own good" or, worse still, for the good of "society". Ie safty-nazies, eco-nazies, activist veegins, etc...Also neighborhood code snitches who report people for stupid stuff like having RVs parked off the side of their deiveways etc... devil yuk yuk
[ July 03, 2003, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 12:00 PM
UtlGoa:
Stupip:confused:
Not in the dictionary.
whine

miller19j
07-03-2003, 12:09 PM
People who chew with their mouth open.
People that don’t say, Thank You
People who treat Flight Attendants like servants on airplanes.
Basically rude inconsiderate assholes with no manners!

UtlGoa
07-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Dohhhhhh!!!!!!!!! jawdrop

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 12:18 PM
UtlGoa:
Dohhhhhh!!!!!!!!! jawdrop :D LMAO! wink
pitch

78Eliminator
07-03-2003, 12:18 PM
When you try to go down the back door and they say no.
Being sick.
People who roll their eyes.
People who whisper in front of you.
Going to the bathroom and finding that it smells real bad and there a shit marks on the toilet seats.
People who door ding you.
People who when talking to you, are more interested to get their word in than to listen to you. (what's the point of even having a conversation then)
When my dog takes a piss in the kitchen.
Finding out your mom has cancer.
Having a bunch of stuff you want to do, but no time to do it.
Dead end jobs.
Venereal disease or AIDS scare and the time it takes to get your blood test results back.
When the fast food order is wrong.
When the house is a mess.
Buying something new, and breaking it or ruining it just as fast.
Having an orgasm too fast.
Not being able to have an orgasm.
Having your hair thin out.
People who are judgemental.
People who are easily offended.
People who are over religious or alcoholic (one in the same)
Shitting your pants at work.
Getting in a car accident.
Insurance.
Traffic cops.
BIlls.
Interest rates.
Never being sexually satisfied.
Being compulsive.
Losing money.
Feeling helpless.
Lonliness.
People who are violent.
The government.
People who act like sheep and don't think for themselves.
Waiting for fruit to ripen.
Mowing the lawn.
Cat hair all over the house and in the boat.
Death.

UtlGoa
07-03-2003, 12:24 PM
See I can spell, I have a public school ejamication. :rolleyes:

summerlove
07-03-2003, 12:36 PM
I think the post can stop now that 78Eliminator has listed every GOD DAMN THING ON EARTH! wink
But, alas, he missed mine - when the trash man comes and the neighbors don't bring their buckets in for 3-4 days...I'm so F'ing anal about it my wife thinks I need counseling. I even went to one of my neighbors and told them to bring their shit in - it makes the neighborhood look bad.
http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/images/ngeorgia.jpg
See what I mean!

78Eliminator
07-03-2003, 12:38 PM
summerlove:
I think the post can stop now that 78Eliminator has listed every GOD DAMN THING ON EARTH! wink
But, alas, he missed mine - when the trash man comes and the neighbors don't bring their buckets in for 3-4 days...I'm so F'ing anal about it my wife thinks I need counseling. I even went to one of my neighbors and told them to bring their shit in - it makes the neighborhood look bad.Hey, you live in Encinitas! That's where I grew up. I love it there. I live in Vista right now but some day I will return....

miller19j
07-03-2003, 12:38 PM
summerlove:
But, alas, he missed mine - when the trash man comes and the neighbors don't bring their buckets in for 3-4 days...I'm so F'ing anal about it my wife thinks I need counseling. I even went to one of my neighbors and told them to bring their shit in - it makes the neighborhood look bad.
http://www.drbukk.com/gmhom/images/ngeorgia.jpg
See what I mean! Hey isn’t that where SammyJo lives???? :D

summerlove
07-03-2003, 12:42 PM
78ELIM:
Lived in Encinitas for almost 17 years. We're in the Olivenhain area, off Olivenhain Rd. Wouldn't live anywhere else, except maybe Havasu in a few more (13) years.

78Eliminator
07-03-2003, 12:53 PM
summerlove:
78ELIM:
Lived in Encinitas for almost 17 years. We're in the Olivenhain area, off Olivenhain Rd. Wouldn't live anywhere else, except maybe Havasu in a few more (13) years. I lived there 21 years then Rancho Santa Fe for a couple, then Vista....

MagicMtnDan
07-03-2003, 12:57 PM
* People who chew gum without closing their f-ing yaps
* People who snap their chewing gum incessantly
* People who jump your $hit on the boards about a sucky post you made but they're the ones that NEVER post anything worth a $hit
* People who use the word "your" when "you're" is the correct word
* People who never use the words "please" and "thank you"
* People who never ask you how you're doing (these days, "it's all about me")
* People who think the word "hey" is an acceptable substitute for "hello" or "hi"
* Priests sexually abusing children and the church condoning it by not taking the appropriate steps fast enough
* Lawyers
* Lawyers who blame violent crimes on satanic cults
* Women who have low self-esteem and appear to enjoy being verbally and/or physically abused
* Getting a ticket for window tint
* Having to listen to people talk only about themselves
* Listening to someone who talks like they know it all especially when you KNOW they're f-ing wrong
* People who wipe down their boats/PWCs on the launch ramp
* People who jump your $hit when you're politely trying to help them (the good part is then watching them f-up because they wouldn't listen to you)
* People who ask for advice and don't listen to it
* Seeing other people get away with serious crimes when you can't jaywalk without getting a damn ticket
And that's just the start...
[ July 03, 2003, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

comin' unscrewed
07-03-2003, 01:11 PM
MagicMtnDan:
* People who use the word "your" when "you're" is the correct wordAmen.
And also:
"a" instead of "an"
"then" instead of "than"
and my favorite:
using "there", "their", or "they're" as if they all have the same meaning

Chase
07-03-2003, 01:14 PM
Yes, Magic Mtn Dan..I couldn't have said it better myself.
Thank you

Jbb
07-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Riverdaves Monthly announcement of his retirement tour... :D :D

78Eliminator
07-03-2003, 02:12 PM
JETBOAT BRIAN:
Riverdaves Monthly announcement of his retirement tour... :D :D Riverdave saying he is going to quit smoking while driving home from the river with no real intention of quitting :D :D

Boozer
07-03-2003, 02:16 PM
People with really big and obnoxious avatars. I think it's related to some sort of penis complex.

summerlove
07-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Boozer:
People with really big and obnoxious avatars. I think it's related to some sort of penis complex. Who is that man? Now, when I think of Boozer, I think of him. That's one scary looking MOFO.

Boozer
07-03-2003, 02:26 PM
You really Dont know who that is?
[ July 03, 2003, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

summerlove
07-03-2003, 02:27 PM
summerlove:
Boozer:
People with really big and obnoxious avatars. I think it's related to some sort of penis complex. Who is that man? Now, when I think of Boozer, I think of him. That's one scary looking MOFO. DUH - I just figured it out...it's taken me like, a month ;-(( It was Pee Wee's BIG adventure picture!

Boozer
07-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Sounds like her tweaker BF has taken her under his druggy wing.

Boozer
07-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Well if she tries to take the kids ask for a random UA. She'll fail and you should be able to get custody.

Boozer
07-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Forensic:
Actually, she has to provide me with a negative test 24 hours prior to any visit. Can not take the kids in the vicinity of her boyfriend. Plus a few other stipulations.
We went to court a couple weeks ago and I had my list. Most of them were granted. Still, she finds a way to get under my skin. :mad: Good deal. Sounds like things definitely worked out in your favor and that is very good to hear. I am also glad she didn't **** your boat up when she stole it for memorial day.

eliminatedsprinter
07-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Forensic:
Actually, she has to provide me with a negative test 24 hours prior to any visit. Can not take the kids in the vicinity of her boyfriend. Plus a few other stipulations.
We went to court a couple weeks ago and I had my list. Most of them were granted. Still, she finds a way to get under my skin. :mad: Just the fact you need to have these stipulations tells me you have been living a nightmare. You have my respect for fighting for your kids wellbeing.

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Oh yeah another pet peeve I have is being startled http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/033102/033102horror_1_prv.gif eek!
. ... by this scary mofo ...
http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/dvv/esmil.gif
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/080402/080402help_prv.gif
Gotta scroll fast past him. :( wink :D
horsepower

eliminatedsprinter
07-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Anyone out ther know how to shoot someone 5? If so, I wish they would shoot 5 to Forensic for me :D .
PLEASE. :D

bordsmnj
07-03-2003, 03:27 PM
People who cruise in the left lane, while people are passing them on the right, being COMPLETELY CLUELESS how they're screwing up traffic flow. KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS -- that simple rule would allow everyone to drive as fast or slow as they wanted, without any impediments to traffic flow.
Thanks for asking... [/QB][/QUOTE]
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm shooting you a five for that one!

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 03:36 PM
Forensic:
That guy is cool.
um, boo? hehe :D :D eek! http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/033102/033102horror_1_prv.gif AHHHHH!
Oh great. Now I've got two of him to scroll past fast. :( Honesty=ammunition doesn't it? :( Sigh. Live and learn. wink :D
octane

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Awww! Thanks Forensic. :D Course ... I haven't looked. Gonna not go look cuz of the one I posted. LOL! I like page 2. I think I'll just forget to look at page 1 from now on. :D You just deserved another 5 from me ... can't remember why I gave 'em to you the first time but ... vindication. http://forum.ud.com/ubb/graemlins/xyxthumbs.gif :D
splines

24ROD
07-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Dirty glasses. Mini Vans.

HOSS
07-03-2003, 05:05 PM
1. I hate black people that act like the world owes them something.
2. I hate black people that try to cut in line at the bank.
3. I hate black people that try to cut in line in the Dining Faciltiy.
4. I hate black people that take your clothes out of the dryer still wet and start drying theirs and tell you they thought it was dry.
5. I hate black people that drive 50 in the left hand lane.
6. I hate black people that stand in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store.
7. I hate parking next to black people because you WILL have a ding in the side of your vehicle.
8. I hate to hate but this is the only ethnic group that stands out in ALL of these basic respectful wills to society. idea
I know what your thinkin`. But look what part of the country I live in. :D
Sorry forgot the most important one.
I hate black people that call me a racist but see no problems with voicing(always loudly) their opinions against white people.
Just so we are on the same page, I don`t really give a **** what anyone thinks of me nor of MY views. So if you don`t agree with me,,,,,**** OFF! :cool:
[ July 03, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

vdrivenman
07-03-2003, 06:28 PM
People who in public speak any langauge other than ENGLISH. i think it is rude and it pisses me off ! if they can't speak the langauge(at least in public) go home.they wanna preserve their heritage and native language thats fine do it in your home not in public !

HOSS
07-03-2003, 06:42 PM
I was just listening to Devil Music. Ronnie James Dio. :cool:

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Another one just kind of irks me ... when you have high speed internet and it still takes a longer time to download a song than how long the song itself is. eg 12 min to download a 5 min song ... wtf is up with that? :confused:
decibels

Rexone
07-03-2003, 07:00 PM
FMluvswaterbabe:
Another one just kind of irks me ... when you have high speed internet and it still takes a longer time to download a song than how long the song itself is. eg 12 min to download a 5 min song ... wtf is up with that? :confused:
decibels easy solution FM, choose shorter songs to like. For example a 3 minute song would likely only take about 8 minutes do DL. Substantially less DL time to aggravate you. Problem solved :D
Rex(the answer man)one

FMluvswater
07-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Rexone:
FMluvswaterbabe:
decibels easy solution FM, choose shorter songs to like. For example a 3 minute song would likely only take about 8 minutes do DL. Substantially less DL time to aggravate you. Problem solved :D
Rex(the answer man)one Aww man! *smacks forehead* Why didn't I think of that? :rolleyes: :p Thanks Mike for being such a know it all, bless your heart! :D
kickers

NEW 2 RIVER
07-03-2003, 07:41 PM
People who wipe there boats down on the ramp.
People who try to stare you down.
Guys who yell at there wife in public.
And people who think if they can yell loud or overtalk you that somehow they will be right. :mad:

rivercrazy
07-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Those who can't be independant!
Those who hang from other peoples nuts!
LOL!

little rowe boat
07-04-2003, 06:59 PM
When I am driving code 3. Lights and sirens responding to an emergency and people do not pull to the right so we can pass safely. When someone says they want to ask you a question and they say I want to axe you. People driving 35 mph in the #1 lane of the frwy. When people don't use a courtesy flush. Crying babies in the movies. People throwing their cigarette butts out of the window of their vehicle. JUST TO NAME A FEW. :mad:

Backtanner
07-05-2003, 04:30 AM
Wife telling me to slow when I'm driving under the speed limit.

Jungle Boy
07-05-2003, 05:24 AM
- I hate people that try to crowd the unopened door of airplanes.
- I hate slow boats with open headers.
- I hate canoers or fishermen that finger me when they are out on the river once or twice a year and I'm out on it several times a week. Them ****ers think they should have it to them selves.
- I like the way Hoss thinks. :D

ratso
07-05-2003, 08:15 AM
Stupid laws, you can get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt (like air bags aren't enough) but you can ride your motorcycle without wearing a helmet.

Jungle Boy
07-05-2003, 08:39 AM
ratso:
Stupid laws, you can get a ticket for not wearing a seat belt (like air bags aren't enough) but you can ride your motorcycle without wearing a helmet. That is ****ed up. We got pulled over while coming through Texas after fueling up in a small town. The cop was at the station and seen me turned around putting ice in the cooler in the back seat as the truck was pulling away from the pump. I had my seatbelt on about 100' from the station and he held us up for 30 minutes running plates and ID's. That's after he asked "Where's Alberta?!!". All for putting on my belt late. I forgot that you can drive a bike without a helmet on. That don't make no sense at all. Another pet peeve - Dumb ****ers in general. :D

Aqua Boogie1
07-05-2003, 11:02 AM
You know what HOSS, being that Im black, I really respect your opinion about some black people on the face of this earth because I can't stand those types either. But its good to know what you believe in and what you really stand for and you have every right to say it LOUD too. It shows me how to deal people like you.....and I could say alot more but im going to leave it alone. Oh by the way, I hope I never ****ing met you, cause I will give you a real reason to hate black people!!!!

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Aqua Boogie1:
You know what HOSS, being that Im black, I really respect your opinion about some black people on the face of this earth because I can't stand those types either. But its good to know what you believe in and what you really stand for and you have every right to say it LOUD too. It shows me how to deal people like you.....and I could say alot more but im going to leave it alone. Oh by the way, I hope I never ****ing met you, cause I will give you a real reason to hate black people!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!!! :D :mad:

HOSS
07-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Bring it on,,,,,,,,,,,BABY!

HOSS
07-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Like I said. You are labeling me as a racist. Its ok for you not to like me and say it but if I don`t like you I`m a racist? I hope we do meet. What exactly are you going to do.
I`m speaking in general. I have black friends. They will agree with everything I stated. And probably add soome shit! wink

HOSS
07-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Oh by the way, I hope I never ****ing met you, cause I will give you a real reason to hate black people!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another badass on the web. :cool:

Jungle Boy
07-05-2003, 01:22 PM
HOSS:
Like I said. You are labeling me as a racist. Its ok for you not to like me and say it but if I don`t like you I`m a racist? I hope we do meet. What exactly are you going to do.
I`m speaking in general. I have black friends. They will agree with everything I stated. And probably add soome shit! wink I don't think that I'm a racist either but I guess that what I say may piss a few people off. I'm with Hoss on this. Why is it that black folks can have Black Entertainment TV and Miss Black pagents and all of their other "black only" groups, as well as other obviously ethnic people and their groups (we have plenty of Chinese, Middle easterns and Asians social groups in Canada), but as soon as some would dare to have a white only group they are called racists. Hoss is right on this one. Sorry if I have offended anyone but it can't be denyed.

HOSS
07-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Aqua Boogie1:
You know what HOSS, being that Im black, I really respect your opinion about some black people on the face of this earth because I can't stand those types either. But its good to know what you believe in and what you really stand for and you have every right to say it LOUD too. It shows me how to deal people like you.....and I could say alot more but im going to leave it alone. Oh by the way, I hope I never ****ing met you, cause I will give you a real reason to hate black people!!!! See what I`m saying. I don`t dislike Aqua Boogie1 nor the Mrs. because they are black. Just the blackfolks that disregard basic human respectfullness. And yes there are white people that do this too. Just where I live these issues are a real problem for every ethnic group caused primarily by one ethnic group (bad apples I concede).
But you did help prove my point Aqua Boogie1. You stated, "I can`t stand those types either". Its OK for you not to like them cause your black right? And for me not to nor voice it because I`m white? **** YOU dooshbag! One sided bro. :rolleyes:
I`m just one of those crazy white honky ****s that doesn`t back down! In public either! Remember that slick. Your obviously very proud to be black and I think its great. But I am damn proud to be me(not just white)and if you have a problem with that (which you obviously do)then who`s the ****in` racist?
[ July 05, 2003, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

vdrivenman
07-05-2003, 02:01 PM
at our police dept. the blacks started their own BPOA ,well we wanted to start our own WHITE or WASP . We were told that would be Racist and we were not allowed to have a group.
at dupont they have the BGLAD (Bi,gays,lesbians,and Dependants)they have the Black Network, Asian Network, Hispanic Network,and Womens Group but the White Males are not allowed to gather as a formal group or have their own network. WHAT KINDA SHIT IS THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife who is an Ex police officer turned down the white womens group AT DFUPONT, because they would not allow the white males a group.
the BLACKS can wear their(NATIVE colors)and their Malcolm X apparel, but she was told she could not wear ANYTHING (even her motorcycle helment) with a Rebel Flag or any DIXIE connations. IS that RACIST or what.
U R WHAT U R ACCEPT IT BUT DON"T SHOVE IT DOWN MY THROAT.
I DON'T LIKE YOU , U DON'T LIKE ME WE'RE EVEN LEAVE ME ALONE !

HOSS
07-05-2003, 02:05 PM
I DON'T LIKE YOU , U DON'T LIKE ME WE'RE EVEN LEAVE ME ALONE !
Cool! I gotta use that one. LMAO! :D

78Eliminator
07-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Racist people bother me and racism has no color.

78Eliminator
07-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Jungle Boy:
I don't think that I'm a racist either but I guess that what I say may piss a few people off. I'm with Hoss on this. Why is it that black folks can have Black Entertainment TV and Miss Black pagents and all of their other "black only" groups, as well as other obviously ethnic people and their groups (we have plenty of Chinese, Middle easterns and Asians social groups in Canada), but as soon as some would dare to have a white only group they are called racists. Hoss is right on this one. Sorry if I have offended anyone but it can't be denyed. I agree. It's just more racism except it's pointed at whites. It's a joke. Affirmative action and any program that cators to a group of people based on race is racist. It's complete bullshit. It's offensive to white AND black people. It's all about the best person for the job and not what continent your great, great, great, great, great, great, granparents were from. American is American and racial serperation should be beyond us. This country was founded by a bunch or radicals who believed in freedom. If you want to be racist (white or black) get the **** out of here.

HighRoller
07-06-2003, 12:11 AM
I think it's offensive to people to award them something like"Miss Black America" because it's treating them like being black is a handicap.WHY is the fact that someone is the first Afro American to do something a special acheivement?That's like saying"you're not as good as everyone else but you still did it".It's as if being black was a handicap.Isn't it amazing that when 4 out of 5 guys on a basketball court are black it's because"they were chosen because they were the best"yet when 4 out of 5 basketball coaches are white it's a"racist conspiracy"......

clownpuncher
07-06-2003, 02:14 AM
I Hate when one fellow American talks shit about another fellow American. Doesn't matter what color, race, age or sexual orientation it is. We have enough anti-American assholes out there who'd kill any one of us just because we're Americans. Remember this day depicted in this pic? This is by far one of the worst days in American history. Caused by non-Americans, NOT Americans.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Epsn0104-med.jpg
When y'all start talkin shit about fellow Americans, just remember wtf happened less than two years ago. So, instead of choosing to direct your hatred toward Americans, whether or not you agree with their philosophies, think about these assholes who would love to see you dead because of the "Red, white and blue". I must admit I do agree with the thinking of some fellow board members, but, that's what makes the U.S.A what it is. If ya don't like what I say, KMAMF!!! You need more pics to convince you? Just ask. Thanks FM, you really got me going on this one wink
[ July 06, 2003, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: clownpuncher ]

HighRoller
07-06-2003, 02:41 AM
People who drive like A-holes.(Cali can you hear me??)
Bad punctuation and/or spelling.
Anyone in a 30ft or longer boat on the river.(Big boat=small penis)
Fake boobies.
NASCAR...err I mean CASHCAR..err I mean Winston Cup...oops I mean NEXTEL CUP sponsored by Budweiser brought to you by Coors in association with Busch and presented by Miller Brewing who is proud to sponsor Rusty Waltrip and his Mobil 1 #2/Terminator 3/Lethal Weapon 4/OP6C/7-11/1-800-10-10-320 Ford...oops Dodge.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-07-2003, 08:46 AM
vdrivenman:
People who in public speak any langauge other than ENGLISH. i think it is rude and it pisses me off ! if they can't speak the langauge(at least in public) go home.they wanna preserve their heritage and native language thats fine do it in your home not in public ! Now I think that sounds a little harsh. Just because YOU can't speak their language, they have to speak English. Come on now, go back to school and maybe LEARN a second language. Maybe they can speak English, but they are more comfortable speaking their NATIVE language. Isn't English your NATIVE language??? :D wink :p

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-07-2003, 08:57 AM
HOSS:
Aqua Boogie1:
You know what HOSS, being that Im black, I really respect your opinion about some black people on the face of this earth because I can't stand those types either. But its good to know what you believe in and what you really stand for and you have every right to say it LOUD too. It shows me how to deal people like you.....and I could say alot more but im going to leave it alone. Oh by the way, I hope I never ****ing met you, cause I will give you a real reason to hate black people!!!! See what I`m saying. I don`t dislike Aqua Boogie1 nor the Mrs. because they are black. Just the blackfolks that disregard basic human respectfullness. And yes there are white people that do this too. Just where I live these issues are a real problem for every ethnic group caused primarily by one ethnic group (bad apples I concede).
But you did help prove my point Aqua Boogie1. You stated, "I can`t stand those types either". Its OK for you not to like them cause your black right? And for me not to nor voice it because I`m white? **** YOU dooshbag! One sided bro. :rolleyes:
I`m just one of those crazy white honky ****s that doesn`t back down! In public either! Remember that slick. Your obviously very proud to be black and I think its great. But I am damn proud to be me(not just white)and if you have a problem with that (which you obviously do)then who`s the ****in` racist? By the way HOSS I am not black. I am Mexican/Irish. In every race there are those types. Not just blacks, but it's kinda funny how you just singled out blacks. You even said it yourself.
"And yes there are white people that do this too."
That's fine you have your opinion, but if you don't want to be labled as a racist(which I don't think you care) then instead of singling out just one race(if what they do is a pet peeve of yours)why not just say these type of people in general??????? :confused:

Hermosa
07-07-2003, 09:07 AM
NoCal NoBoat:
"Hey, Eminem wanna-be, if you didn't buy a ticket for that Vuitton, move your shit..." I just stand by them and fart, that always goes over well. Gotta love the BART...

BLUBYU
07-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Lake roaches... (aka..wave runners)

vdrivenman
07-07-2003, 09:46 AM
If your AFRO-American ,do u speak African????

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-07-2003, 09:56 AM
vdrivenman:
If your AFRO-American ,do u speak African???? Now you're being ignorant! Grow up. :D

Liberator TJ1984
07-07-2003, 10:07 AM
I just want to Know where Hispanica is :confused:
you know the place where Hispanics come from ??? :D

Aqua Boogie1
07-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Now I can see that you didn't read what I wrote HOSS, because like I said I do agree with to a point. There are people like that in all races, but you decided to choose one groug and blast them. Why not just say PEOPLE that make you sick but instead you choose one race of people. Now what really ****s me up is that you choose a boating forum to air your feelings about blacks. Now you have black friends, so what......I have white friends. I don't have a problem with white people having there groups or forums just as blacks having theirs. If you ask me, the KKK is racist, just like I also believe that most black muslim groups are racist. Now understand this " I have no problem with any race of people, I get along with anyone. Its get bad with the person attitude and thats where the problem starts ". Hoss, like I said, those are your opinions of the people you have been around. Im here on this forum for boating info and meeting people, not to discuss racism! So just to end this, I will appoligize to you for that may have crossed you the wrong way . Enjoy your life and 4sure your boat........Peace and love baby!!!! :cool:

Jungle Boy
07-07-2003, 10:37 AM
I agree. Let's talk boats, babes and common interests. I jumped into this one too and I apoligize for that. Aquaman, Is that Mrs Aqua in your avitar? She's a beauty. Any sisters? :D :D

Moneypitt
07-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Is anyone else offended/pissed off at the bullshit laws that are passed based on moronic statistics.. We always hear about all the havoc created by drivers that may have had a few,(don't get me wrong here, if one person gets hurt or killed by an impaired driver, that's one too many,) but we never hear about the stupid asses that hurt/kill people while totally sober. What could their excuse possibly be? "Oh, gee I just can't drive!!!!" "I'm sorry".. I read where 43% of highway fatalities are alcohol related, (like the guy that tried to get out of moving boat on the trailer) does that mean that 57% are killed by sober drivers?........Moneypitt

Blown 472
07-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Jungle Boy:
I agree. Let's talk boats, babes and common interests. I jumped into this one too and I apoligize for that. Aquaman, Is that Mrs Aqua in your avitar? She's a beauty. Any sisters? :D :D Damn it Jungle boy I was working that idea with the sisters and you jumped in on that as well. :D
Ever get to wisconSIN? there is a kick ass river behind my house that is screaming for your boat.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Jungle Boy:
I agree. Let's talk boats, babes and common interests. I jumped into this one too and I apoligize for that. Aquaman, Is that Mrs Aqua in your avitar? She's a beauty. Any sisters? :D :D No that's not me. Click on my name, that's me! :D wink :p

Blown 472
07-07-2003, 10:47 AM
HOT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN eek!

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Blown 472:
HOT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN eek! :D wink :p Sorry it's kinda big....didn't know how to downsize.

Blown 472
07-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Ms. AquaBoogie1:
Blown 472:
HOT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN eek! :D wink :p Sorry it's kinda big....didn't know how to downsize. NOt a problem, so do you have any sisters?? devil

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Blown 472:
Ms. AquaBoogie1:
Blown 472:
HOT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN eek! :D wink :p Sorry it's kinda big....didn't know how to downsize. NOt a problem, so do you have any sisters?? devil yes, but taken wink

Boozer
07-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Moneypitt:
Is anyone else offended/pissed off at the bullshit laws that are passed based on moronic statistics.. We always hear about all the havoc created by drivers that may have had a few,(don't get me wrong here, if one person gets hurt or killed by an impaired driver, that's one too many,) but we never hear about the stupid asses that hurt/kill people while totally sober. What could their excuse possibly be? "Oh, gee I just can't drive!!!!" "I'm sorry".. I read where 43% of highway fatalities are alcohol related, (like the guy that tried to get out of moving boat on the trailer) does that mean that 57% are killed by sober drivers?........Moneypitt I agree with this and it really pisses me off. I seen a commercial the other day and it was an anti marjuana commercial. The commercial stated "1 out of 3 people convicted for wreckless driving that were tested for drugs tested positive for marijuana." "Marijuana, just how harmless is it?"
Okay I can tell you first hand I was copnvicted of wreckless driving and even went to jail for it. I was not tested for drugs because I was clearly not under the influence. Just how many people get tested out of those are convicted? I bet you maybe 1/4.
It's CRAP!! Don't blame drugs for societys problems blame society for making drugs an excuse to do stupif shit!

Essex502
07-07-2003, 11:42 AM
People who can't let go of their cell phones.

Blown 472
07-07-2003, 12:01 PM
dumb ****s that dont understand the flow of the launch ramp and then get pissed when I ask them if they can read the sign that sez "no parking between signs" as they are sitting between them unloading their truck into their boat. :rolleyes:

AquaBoogie
07-07-2003, 12:13 PM
HOSS:
1. I hate black people that act like the world owes them something.
2. I hate black people that try to cut in line at the bank.
3. I hate black people that try to cut in line in the Dining Faciltiy.
4. I hate black people that take your clothes out of the dryer still wet and start drying theirs and tell you they thought it was dry.
5. I hate black people that drive 50 in the left hand lane.
6. I hate black people that stand in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store.
7. I hate parking next to black people because you WILL have a ding in the side of your vehicle.
8. I hate to hate but this is the only ethnic group that stands out in ALL of these basic respectful wills to society. idea
I know what your thinkin`. But look what part of the country I live in. :D
Sorry forgot the most important one.
I hate black people that call me a racist but see no problems with voicing(always loudly) their opinions against white people.
Just so we are on the same page, I don`t really give a **** what anyone thinks of me nor of MY views. So if you don`t agree with me,,,,,**** OFF! :cool: What the ****!
There has to be one in every crowd.
I hate people that single out a certain race when people of all color do the stupid shit listed above!

Jungle Boy
07-07-2003, 12:23 PM
Ms. AquaBoogie1:
Blown 472:
HOT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN eek! :D wink :p Sorry it's kinda big....didn't know how to downsize. Very nice :cool: , I heard that if you have a photo done with your shirt off, it will make the photo fit the size better. :D J/K. I shot you and your Mr five stars for being good guys. :D
PS - Does your sister mess around! eek!

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Jungle Boy:
Ms. AquaBoogie1:
Blown 472:
HOT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN eek! :D wink :p Sorry it's kinda big....didn't know how to downsize. Very nice :cool: , I heard that if you have a photo done with your shirt off, it will make the photo fit the size better. :D J/K. I shot you and your Mr five stars for being good guys. :D
PS - Does your sister mess around! eek! lol...thnks......no she doesn't LMAO!!!!

HOSS
07-07-2003, 03:01 PM
Well just read your post aquaboogie1. Yeah I read your post alright. If you don`t think I`m a racist and your not one either then my post should not have offended you. I am not picking a boat forum to air my feelings. It was just thrown out there. I really don`t care if you like me or not, if you feel that I`m a racist or not(cause to an extent I am). Apologize for what? No need to me. What you say or do has absolutely no bearing in my life whatsoever. But if you come to this site often you would know that I like controversy. Thanks for the arguement. And just to let you know, your apology was weak and very conflicting with your reply. I think we are alot alike. You felt offended as I would have had it been opposite. You stood ground as I would have. You have your views as I have. I didn`t direct anything towards you yet you tried to make it out that I did. WRONG answer. I never said all black people. Do you fall into the catagory listed? If so then yes , I HATE YOU! If not then why blow it up into something its not? What I typed is not a thorn in my side in daily life. I think youre reading too damn much into it.
A black friend ( I don`t even know if black offends you or should I say African American?, white people are damn if we do and damned if we don`t on this one cause it aint never right) of mine is from North carolina. Been here about 5 years now and still complains about how Brothers and Sisters down here act. So when you read look where I`m from thats my referral. But as you see ANYTHING a white person says is and will be scrutinized as racist by all ethnic groups. We are constantly under the microscope. So that is why whitey wants whitey clubs and whitey gatheings because daily life with other groups is percieved as lets face it TOO DAMN MUCH WORK. Why be ****in botherred when we don`t have to.
Now I didn`t know this would become a huge ****ing deal but it has because the brotha had to make a stink about nothing instead of laughing about the bullshit it was meant to be. Cause after all this is a boat forum not an "underfire" chat room. But you did what I would have expected from you and caused a racial problem. And for what? To voice your opinion loudly.
But I think I would have played along first then stood on my podium second. Be cool dude and don`t read too damn much into this. Cause I haven`t lost a wink. wink

78Eliminator
07-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Hoss, you WHITE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D wink

comin' unscrewed
07-07-2003, 06:02 PM
I just want to Know where Hispanica is
you know the place where Hispanics come from ???I was once told the term "Hispanic" was invented by the U.S. Census Bureau (1950? 1960?) for their own convenience. Sure caught on didn't it? Although I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe themselves as "Hispanic". Usually they say Mexican or Latino.

mike37
07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
dam jawdrop

spectratoad
07-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Please enter your account number with your telephone keypad and then the operator gets on and asks for it. :mad:

HighRoller
07-07-2003, 07:03 PM
All you white boys in Cali should be stoked.In a few years you will officially be a minority then you'll have it made!!You can kick back,accuse "brownie"of opressing you,get good jobs just by saying you're white,and never worry about being called a racist again.Of course don't mind the fact that nobody in Cali will speak english in ten years but oh well.

AquaBoogie
07-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Ignorance has no color!

vdrivenman
07-08-2003, 02:44 AM
I'm RED, WHITE, & BLUE !!
A special Hello to all my BROTHERS in BLUE !!!!

Seadog
07-08-2003, 05:34 AM
The problem with racial stereotypes is that there are some truth to it. A black friend of mine couldn't stand the "city niggers"(his words, not mine)because he felt they were all gang bangers. Houston has a really bad reputation for its black community. I have rarely been there when the service in the stores would get as good as lousy from the black workers. My SIL lives in NM and the Hispanics in some parts of the state are hard working, upstanding citizens and in other parts, lazy and worthless.
The biggest problem that I see is when the locals are so against "the man" that they turn a blind eye to the bums among them. If you look at the people that made it from poverty and/or are well respected, you will usually find one or more parents that didn't take nonsense from the kids.

cigarette1
07-08-2003, 07:26 AM
You know what's funny .... all the young white girls want to look and act like ho's(C Aguleira; Brittany) and all the young white guys want to look and act like inner-city gangbangers.
Ghetto Culture :rolleyes:

DogHouse
07-08-2003, 10:04 AM
RiverDave:
cigarette1:
You know what's funny .... all the young white girls want to look and act like ho's(C Aguleira; Brittany) and all the young white guys want to look and act like inner-city gangbangers.
Ghetto Culture :rolleyes: True Dat... :D
RD Ah yes, devolution at its finest... Pick the most worthless segment of our society and use it as a role model... Perfect! :mad: :D

HOSS
07-08-2003, 06:54 PM
**** you RD,,,,,,,,,,,TWICE! :mad:

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 07:07 PM
I crack up at these wanna-be punks who watch too much MTV.They wear baggy pants,a shirt that went out of style 20 years ago,and a mesh baseball cap with a straight bill turned sideways.What they fail to realize is that a Rapper can dress like this because he's a star and people will think he's cool no matter what.When this punk dresses like that he just looks gay.What happened to being yourself?

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Oh,and then it usually gets worse...they head for the dance floor and try to pretend they're P.Diddly or something.

HOSS
07-08-2003, 07:13 PM
What happened to being yourself
YOU, you ****!

HOSS
07-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Get tha **** outa here!

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Damn,HOSS.I don't mind you crackin on everyone else but don't go there with me!!I look WAY more like HOSS than you do,to start with,and since I'm black(from the waist down)I'll sue your ass for trying to un-shizzle my drizzle with your fizzle.Or whatever RD would say.

DogHouse
07-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Damn Hoss, I almost gotta say that for once I almost agree with ya! What the @#%! is this world coming to?!?!
:D

HOSS
07-08-2003, 07:31 PM
HighRoller is a FAGOT,,,,,,,,,,,so is that really news? Highroller,,,,,,,,,,,,,,watch your ass for now on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,OZZY is on TV.

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 08:28 PM
HOSS,first please learn how to spell dude.Secondly,I don't need to watch my ass because a scrub like you is no threat to me....My biggest fear is that you'll be watching my ass...I've heard about you and your trips to the bath houses....

Frosty_pop
07-08-2003, 08:46 PM
I live in S. Calif. and the biggest thing that gets under my skin is having to see and listen to f*ckin Spanish all day and night. This is the USA, no matter how close it is to the border!!! Speak English or get the F*ck out of my country!!!

JustMVG
07-08-2003, 10:01 PM
These may seem tame but here goes
4 way stops at large intersections, goddamn it says in the drivers manual the person on the RIGHT goes and so on, you wait for some asshole to go and sure as shit as soon as you start to roll they take off on you, just f ing go already . I have a 3 second rule, if you have not moved in 3 seconds when its your turn i go and say screw you.
Also the "Express" line anywhere, at the grocery store it's the only line that takes forever, you have the checker doing everything, why noy have a bagger there to help out, then you have the dumbshit that has too many items and has to ask if it's ok with everyone if they still check out, AFTER they have unloaded the f ing cart, then to top it off they cant use the ATM, either they don't know how or the card is f'd up, so they pull out the check book, in the goddamn CASH only line, and pull out the coupons to boot.
Thanks MVG

HighRoller
07-08-2003, 10:11 PM
I live in S. Calif. and the biggest thing that gets under my skin is having to see and listen to f*ckin Spanish all day and night Frosty I hear ya,but that's not Spanish.It's Spanglish.I took Spanish 1 in high school for 2 years and I know that"carro"is not car,and"la trucka"is not truck.These people have bastardized their language and ours because nobody in this country has the balls to stand up to them and make them live as Americans!!!!

HOSS
07-09-2003, 04:53 AM
What the **** does it matter what they speak? Are they speaking to you? Live and let live candyass. :mad:

Frosty_pop
07-09-2003, 03:46 PM
HOSS:
What the **** does it matter what they speak? Are they speaking to you? Live and let live candyass. :mad: Ya right Hoss..... this is ****IN AMERICA!!! Speak the language of the country or get the **** out!!!! Most of the goddamn mexicians that are here are illegal anyway, but the left wing shit heads of California keep giving the amnistie (sp) Kick them out!! Close the border!! Put armed men on the wall and shoot all that try to pass!!!!

Boozer
07-09-2003, 03:59 PM
HighRoller:
I live in S. Calif. and the biggest thing that gets under my skin is having to see and listen to f*ckin Spanish all day and night Frosty I hear ya,but that's not Spanish.It's Spanglish.I took Spanish 1 in high school for 2 years and I know that"carro"is not car,and"la trucka"is not truck.These people have bastardized their language and ours because nobody in this country has the balls to stand up to them and make them live as Americans!!!! No different then the way Americans have Bastardized the english language. You think Wassup Sucka was something that our forefathers used? I don't think so. With the current rate of hispanic growth in the U.S. you can pretty much count on Spanglish becoming the norm. Times change and so does modern vocabulary. Not much you can do about that.
I can also assure you that if you moved to somewhere like Germany or Russia and even knew how to speak the language if you were having a conversation with one of your english speaking friends in public you would speak english just because that is the language you feel most comfortable speaking.

HOSS
07-09-2003, 04:01 PM
Well amnesty is not a decision for the state. Its federal. Try the INS.

JustMVG
07-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately here calif. we have to deal with the "spanglish" and those that speak absolutly no english what so ever, it's always fun to see a non english speaker know exactly what to say when you try to screw them for something, but when they do the screwing they sure forget fast.
If i were to go to a foreign country i would have to learn the language to survive, learn english, use the Spanglish around friends and family but at work use the english, this goes for schools too, why should spanish speakers be allowed to take spanish classes, it's a seemingly easy grade, my girls don't take english speaking only classes! More money wasted in the schools, and that brings me to DMV, why in the world do we have to translate every manual or instruction booklet into every known language on the face of the earth, why not do the same with every road , freeway, stop, and traffic sign out there, hey if we're gonna waste money lets do it right!!
My mini rant of the day!!!

mike37
07-09-2003, 04:27 PM
MandMVG:
Unfortunately here calif. we have to deal with the "spanglish" and those that speak absolutly no english what so ever, it's always fun to see a non english speaker know exactly what to say when you try to screw them for something, but when they do the screwing they sure forget fast.
If i were to go to a foreign country i would have to learn the language to survive, learn english, use the Spanglish around friends and family but at work use the english, this goes for schools too, why should spanish speakers be allowed to take spanish classes, it's a seemingly easy grade, my girls don't take english speaking only classes! More money wasted in the schools, and that brings me to DMV, why in the world do we have to translate every manual or instruction booklet into every known language on the face of the earth, why not do the same with every road , freeway, stop, and traffic sign out there, hey if we're gonna waste money lets do it right!!
My mini rant of the day!!! Its part of the California constitution
When we took Cali from Mexico it was part of the stipulation the all government forms and doc would be in Spanish to keep the Spanish people informed on government issues
At one point Cali had mostly Spanish speaking people and it was port of Mexico and had Mexican citizens

JustMVG
07-09-2003, 04:39 PM
Mike , that was what worked , back then, life here has changed, there are more people here, legal and illegal, the primary language here is ENGLISH, where as just south of us the prmary spoken language is Spanish, if the constitution of Ca. deems it necessary to print every govt. doc. in spanish, fine no problem, my problem is that instead of educating the the non english speaking masses we baby them instead of encouraging/forcing them to learn the primary spoken language of the region.