PDA

View Full Version : NIGHT SHIFT SUCKS

Hallett
06-14-2003, 03:33 AM
THESE 12HR NIGHT SHIFTS SUCK . I SHOULD BE
HOME IN BED .

Rexone
06-14-2003, 03:43 AM
Yeah ditto that. Where do you work out there at night?

gigamurph
06-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Generally, work sux! I think when they sat down w/paper and pen to set the guidelines for the work week, the dumba**es made a typo! I think it's supposed to be; work 2 days w/ 5 days off every work week; work 2 weeks and 50 weeks vacation time every work year. The only thing they did get right was the 8 hour dealio. Wait a friggin' minute! If we're supposed to work 8 hours a day; why do I have to put in 10 hours every day w/o overtime pay? This sux! Welcome to the "agricultural sector"! :p

boatnam2
06-14-2003, 09:51 AM
i work the 12 hour night shift,except i get to throw in a day shift between every night shift try that for a few weeks it really sucks!cant sleep during the day and cant sleep at night.

riverliver
06-14-2003, 09:55 AM
boatnam2:
i work the 12 hour night shift,except i get to throw in a day shift between every night shift try that for a few weeks it really sucks!cant sleep during the day and cant sleep at night. That will make you start drinking!!!!!!

gigamurph
06-14-2003, 11:10 AM
riverliver:
boatnam2:
i work the 12 hour night shift,except i get to throw in a day shift between every night shift try that for a few weeks it really sucks!cant sleep during the day and cant sleep at night. That will make you start drinking!!!!!! OOPS! Too late!
:p

boatnam2
06-14-2003, 05:06 PM
yea it will!

gigamurph
06-14-2003, 05:47 PM
boatnam2:
yea it will! No! It already did! You and mb CANNOT flake on Saturday; ya hear? :D

Hallett
06-14-2003, 06:45 PM
MIKE I WORK FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORINA GAS
IN NEEDLES. ITS A COMPRESSER STA . AND
WATCH THREE OTHER STA ALONG THE I 40
WORK DAYS AND NIGHTS NEVER KNOW WHEN TO
SLEEP BUT GET ALOT OF DAYS OFF ITS A KILLER
JOB FOR OUT HERE. AND I LIVE IN HAVASU. SO
IT'S NOT BAD. TAKE CARE Bob.

boatnam2
06-14-2003, 06:55 PM
gig you dont know how bummed i will be if we have to flake out.we planned our vacation around op6.but things just are not looking that good right now.missb can only get off one weekend every 6 weeks or so. if our new place closes the week after op6 we need to move out of our old place and into our new place so missb will change her vacation to the week we move everything.if it happens to be the monday or tuesday or even wednesday we will stick to our plans and go to op6 and do everything that week.if it happens the week or two after, which i think is going to happen then were screwed and will miss op6 an call it bad timing.we plan on having a house warminng well trailer warming party for the parker people hopefully soon.

gigamurph
06-14-2003, 11:18 PM
boatnam2:
gig you dont know how bummed i will be if we have to flake out.we planned our vacation around op6.but things just are not looking that good right now.missb can only get off one weekend every 6 weeks or so. if our new place closes the week after op6 we need to move out of our old place and into our new place so missb will change her vacation to the week we move everything.if it happens to be the monday or tuesday or even wednesday we will stick to our plans and go to op6 and do everything that week.if it happens the week or two after, which i think is going to happen then were screwed and will miss op6 an call it bad timing.we plan on having a house warminng well trailer warming party for the parker people hopefully soon. I see how ya are! The Parker people! That's alright;I know it's hard to remember the little people once you've reached the top! :p

HighRoller
06-15-2003, 12:51 AM
Oh no,not a 12 hour day....geez,I wish I could ONLY work 12 hours a day!!You should get a job driving an OTR truck for a living,then you get to work the day shift AND the night shift!!!And if you OWN the damn thing(like me)then you get all the extra enjoyable hours of paperwork to go along with it!!!I'm not bitching,just pointing out that no matter how bad you think you have it...someone always has it worse!!One of my first years driving I spent 312 days away from home and I guarantee not more than 10% of those days were less than 12 hours.So cheer up,it could be worse!!!!

Hallett
06-15-2003, 01:10 AM
WOW I GUSS I DONT HAVE IT THAT BAD AFTER READING
YOUR POST .

TIMEBOMB
06-15-2003, 01:18 AM
12 hours days= 4 days on 4 days off (graveshift) with vacations and holidays/sick days, works out to around 165 days a year at work. I can live with the lack of sleep while at work for the time off with the family and on the water. Gotta luv the rotating days off. Sometimes the weekdays at the lake are nice and mellow and then the 4 day weekends make the recovery a little easier. Rough life. Aviation rocks. :cool: Gary

Hallett
06-15-2003, 01:25 AM
IT IS PRETTY NICE TO HAVE THOSE DAYS OFF
IT NICE TO GO BOATING DURING THE WEEK
AND HAVE THE LAKE TO YOUR SELF.

TIMEBOMB
06-15-2003, 01:38 AM
YEP
Just went both thurs and fri. Great time.

Hallett
06-15-2003, 02:33 AM
TIMEBOMB WHAT ARE YOU DRIVING I
MIGHT SEE YOU OUT THERE.

TIMEBOMB
06-15-2003, 04:00 AM
94 canyon silouette with a weed wacker on the back. (2.4l merc.) Mostly stay around Phoenix, we make it to Havasu and the river at least 2-3 times a year. later, Gary.

Sleek-Jet
06-15-2003, 02:32 PM
12 hrs sucks, but I get 3 months a year off I wouldn't normally. Work a 5 week rotation, the fifth week is off. :D

Phat_Kat
06-15-2003, 03:09 PM
boatnam2:
i work the 12 hour night shift,except i get to throw in a day shift between every night shift try that for a few weeks it really sucks!cant sleep during the day and cant sleep at night. I had to do something similar. I worked on a boat for a guy for about 22 hours straight because I wanted it done and over with. Then I had to handle my schooling, then back to the boat for a few hours then another boat. 3 1/2 days with no sleep and I couldn't get more than 6 hours of sleep in after that. Still haven't snapped back from that because I've been sick so much lately.

gigamurph
06-15-2003, 10:57 PM
HighRoller:
Oh no,not a 12 hour day....geez,I wish I could ONLY work 12 hours a day!!You should get a job driving an OTR truck for a living,then you get to work the day shift AND the night shift!!!And if you OWN the damn thing(like me)then you get all the extra enjoyable hours of paperwork to go along with it!!!I'm not bitching,just pointing out that no matter how bad you think you have it...someone always has it worse!!One of my first years driving I spent 312 days away from home and I guarantee not more than 10% of those days were less than 12 hours.So cheer up,it could be worse!!!! Don'y try to BS a BSer HR! You don't have to drive that damn thing that much! Ya just do it to check out all the "seat covers"!

NMlakerat
06-16-2003, 11:44 PM
Night shift does suck after 17 years i get kicked to grave shift with Wed / Thurs Off talking about sucks used to have day shift with Fri / Sat and I acrue 18 hrs a month Vacation and 8 hrs sick. I got stuck on grave and they wont approve any vacation requests. Cough. Cough.