PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movie Report

Hallett19
07-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Anyone seen any good movies this summer ? So far I have seen Leage of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Terminator 3 and Pirates of the Carribean. Here is my breakdown on the 3
Leage - Great movie, awesome action, proven characters. What an idea to put all these characters from the past and revive them and make them cool. Sean Connery does a great job as always playing Allen Quatermain, an action hero/hunter who, even at his old age, still has the fire. Peta Wilson (the vamp chick) is super hot as always and Stuart Townsend does an awesome job as Dorian Gray, a character who is immortal, until he sees his own portrait, a painting of him that ages, while he never does. Capt Nemo kicks ass, bad ass fighter and all the cool gadgets. Other classic characters include Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde, the invisible man and Tom Sawyer. A must see
Terminator 3 - What a crock of shit. I dont know why james cameron didnt sign on for this movie, but talk about lack of consistency. Any average Joe will be able to tell that this movie is NOT like the other 2, which in my eyes were some of the best movies made. Way too comercial, this movie doesnt have the suspense of the other 2, I was never on the edge of my seat, but you do get to see Kristanna Loken's ass, and some boob too!! Other than that fortunate business, the movie sucks. Poor punchlines to bad jokes, Claire Danes has no business being in a movie like this and Nick Stahl (new John Conner) sucks. Poor acting in a movie that would hopefully not be so effects drivin'. Arnie did a great job however, he was in tip top shape and still has it in him. I just wish the writing was better and they didnt make so many similarites to the first 2 movies, how many times can arnie hunt for the perfect pairs of glasses to wear and eventually get crushed, and make such a big deal out of it.Go see it only if you want, but try to get in for free.
Pirates of the Carribean - Talk about making a disneyland ride that we all love into a brilliant movie, who would have thunk ?? Johnny Depp is the most gifted actor of our generation and he pulls off a winner as his portrayal of Capt Jack Sparrow. His crafty, immature antics make him a hated person by all the characters in the movie, good or evil, but you will love him. He is so much fun to watch and his character is so unique. Orlando Bloom is a great action character and gets to make out with a hot litlle breezy in this pic played by Keira Knightley. Although you dont get to see her naked, this movie is still worth seeing. Good storyline, awesome action, AMAZING special effects. Must see.

SCUBA STEVE
07-17-2003, 01:23 PM
I was going to check out t3 this weekend. thanks for killing it. j/k Its a must see no matter what.
charlies angels was funny, the stunts were a little much, but the chicks were hot, so that made up for it.
Any women intrested in seing legally blonde wait for video. (family movie night thats why I saw it)

SCUBA STEVE
07-17-2003, 01:26 PM
btw, hallet19, I saw the saying on your signature on a beer coozie the other day. I think I even bought it. classic! :D
[ July 17, 2003, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

MagicMtnDan
07-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Just my opinion...don't waste time listening to others' review movies.
I heard League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was one of, if not THE worst movie of the year so far.
I saw T3 and thought it was GREAT! Almost no movie will equal the impact that T2 had at the time. T3 is terrific! The story is excellent, Arnold is excellent and the chick is wow!
Pirates - fuggedaboudit

Hallett19
07-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Easy Dan, your cuttin' deep. :D
You HEARD Leage was one of the worst....
T3, from my point of view, is not what the others were, by a long shot.
and let me guess, you didnt see Pirates either
Just my opinion, I offer nothing else.
[ July 17, 2003, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

Boozer
07-17-2003, 01:34 PM
I hear that From Justin to Kelly is a must see.

SCUBA STEVE
07-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Boozer:
I hear that From Justin to Kelly is a must see. lmao :D
I thought I heard the other day that movie is going straight to dvd.

roln 20s
07-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Bad Boys II this weekend, I'll be there.
I give my Siskel and Ebert praise thumb rating after viewing.
Roln 20s

Caribbean Jet
07-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Best movie i have seen was The Italian Job. Great movie.
T3 sucked and you had to go into Charlies Angels knowing that it was a big video game, so I liked it. The girls are fun to look at.

ratso
07-17-2003, 02:35 PM
T3 sucked more than any movie that I have seen in years. Pirates of the Carribean was great, Johnny Depp is bad-ass. His character reminded me of Val Kilmer in Tombstone (Doc Holliday), another movie that I have seen at least a dozen times. T1 and T2 were awesome, blame T3 on the director, not Arnold.

Hallett19
07-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Nice correlation between Val Kilmer and Johnny Depp, characters are too cool for school.

sandblasted
07-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Saw Pirates last night...Johnny Depp was fantastic as Captain jack sparrow...for a movie that is based on an amusement park ride I thought it was very well done..It actually had a good story line and plenty of humor...Plus it had one of my favorite actors-Geoffrey Rush, playing capt Barbossa...he always makes a great villian..

1stepcloser
07-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Hallett19:
Terminator 3 - What a crock of shit. I dont know why james cameron didnt sign on for this movie, but talk about lack of consistency. Any average Joe will be able to tell that this movie is NOT like the other 2, which in my eyes were some of the best movies made. Way too comercial, this movie doesnt have the suspense of the other 2, I was never on the edge of my seat, but you do get to see Kristanna Loken's ass, and some boob too!! Other than that fortunate business, the movie sucks. Poor punchlines to bad jokes, Claire Danes has no business being in a movie like this and Nick Stahl (new John Conner) sucks. Poor acting in a movie that would hopefully not be so effects drivin'. Arnie did a great job however, he was in tip top shape and still has it in him. I just wish the writing was better and they didnt make so many similarites to the first 2 movies, how many times can arnie hunt for the perfect pairs of glasses to wear and eventually get crushed, and make such a big deal out of it.Go see it only if you want, but try to get in for free.
I agree with this for the most part. The movie was way off the mark of the first two. It seems as though they took what should have been a dark and mysterious thing and make it lighthearted and more friendly.
Corny.
The two main chase scenes were, cinematically, spectacular.
From a viewers persective though, (mine) they were too over the top.
Even by todays standards.
Particulary the crane scene. :rolleyes: It drug on just long enough to lose my interest.
Overall, I enjoyed the film though. Mostly cause I am a fan of Arnie. Who, by the way, did a fine job with the rather (in my opinion) weak script he had to work with.
:D :cool:

1stepcloser
07-17-2003, 04:25 PM
BTW, I have also seen Finding Nemo...A fun movie, Gotta love Pixar...
Also Bruce Almighty, gave it thumbs up.
I dont really care for Jim Carrey's style, but this was an interesting plot, done with grace. (no pun intended.) :) He pulled it off quite well.
And Morgan Freeman as God? Great casting. That man is a brilliant actor.
Jim Carrey does better in a somewhat serious role.
In My Opinion.

Hallett19
07-17-2003, 04:34 PM
Finding Nemo is next on my list. I cant wait to see it. Bruce Almighty was great. Carey is so funny, he is good in everything he does, I especially liked him in Man on the Moon, such a change from what he usually does. Very flexible actor. Morgan Freeman, couldnt agree with you more 1step, brilliant, that guy is never bad and has such a range, comedy, drama, he can pull it all off.

DickDanger
07-17-2003, 05:02 PM
I heard that "Pirates" was a great 1 and a 1/2 hour movie, but unfortunately, it was 2 and a half hours long. Do you agree, or disagree? -DD Out
[ July 17, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

riverracerx
07-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Finding Nemo is awesome. I happen to be a Disney employee who has seen it develop and I must say it is a fabulous movie for ANYONE! Take your kids, take a date, take your mom and dad. Everyone will like it. If you don't you must have never been a child.
Charlie's Angels was OK, was it a really long music video, or was it a commercial for Cameron Diaz's ass? I am not sure which.

NEW 2 RIVER
07-17-2003, 05:33 PM
DickDanger:
I heard that "Pirates" was a great 1 and a 1/2 hour movie, but unfortunately, it was 2 and a half hours long. Do you agree, or disagree? -DD Out I hate long drawn out movies and questioned the length as well.The movie moves pretty fast with alot of action and effects.definitely a must see at the theater. :D

572Daytona
07-17-2003, 05:59 PM
I'm boycotting any and all movies this summer. I don't care to give any of my hard earned money to the Hollywood liberals to support their drug habits. I've been watching Futurama and Family Guy on Cartoon Network as of late...I give those 2 thumbs up.

Hallett19
07-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Did anyone see X2 and if so, what were you thoughts ?