PDA

View Full Version : Sun Burns

Boozer
07-28-2003, 09:08 AM
Don't they suck. Decided it was time to get rid of the farmer tan and get the chest and back as well as upper arms tanned. Big mistake on my part. My shirt feels like sand paper rubbing on my skin. What do you guys use to take the burn out? I been using Aloe gel but it seems like that stuff actually causes me to peel more.

HOOTER SLED-
07-28-2003, 09:17 AM
Boozer:
Don't they suck. Decided it was time to get rid of the farmer tan and get the chest and back as well as upper arms tanned. Big mistake on my part. My shirt feels like sand paper rubbing on my skin. What do you guys use to take the burn out? I been using Aloe gel but it seems like that stuff actually causes me to peel more. I don't know if this will work, but it works for jellyfish stings. Have the old lady give you the golden showers. :D :D Just kidding man, try actual Aloe Vera plant.
HOOTER

Essex502
07-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Try "Insurance" from California Tan. This stuff flat works. Use it immediately after being in the sun and every time you shower. Also, before going to bed.
Insurance (http://www.californiatan.com/product/product_detail.ehtm?pid=10279)

HavasuDreamin'
07-28-2003, 09:34 AM
There is this invention called suntan lotion that works really well. :rolleyes: If you get some with 2 or 4 spf, it generally allows you to tan, but not burn. :)
J/K.........good luck.

NastyOne
07-28-2003, 09:36 AM
I didnt know you could get a sunburn in Denver :confused: :D

*NAPALM*
07-28-2003, 09:39 AM
witchhazel works for the pain lotion and aloe vera helps a bit but makes it peel quicker.

Boozer
07-28-2003, 09:41 AM
NastyOne:
I didnt know you could get a sunburn in Denver :confused: :D Actually you can get burned a lot worse and a lot faster then you would in Cali or at the River. If you're not careful here you will actually get a sunburn THROUGH your clothing. I found that out first time on the water here. Hell you have to wear sunblock here even when you go skiing I have seen peeps get some NASTY sunburns while on the mountain playing in the snow. The best is when they have the big tan line marks on their face from where their goggles were.

Boozer
07-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Forensic:
Put the Aloe in the Freezer. If its 100% Aloe, it wont freeze and feels soooo good when the ice cold hits the burned skin. I will have to try that. I just need to find somewhere that sells 100% aloe. I have this Aloe Vera gel stuff that works great takes the burn out instantly but it makes me peel like crazy.

HalletDave
07-28-2003, 12:49 PM
I will have to try that. I just need to find somewhere that sells 100% aloe. I have this Aloe Vera gel stuff that works great takes the burn out instantly but it makes me peel like crazy. Boozer,
Once there is tissue damage, it does not matter what you put on the skin, it will sluff off (peel). If the layers beneath the top layer is damaged, those layers may peal as well.
It is musch easier to burn at higher elevations due to less contaminates in the air to filter the suns rays, plus you are closer to the sun and the atmosphere is less dense.
I used to live in Lake Tahoe. I always had to be careful in the sun.
Hang in there bro.
Hallett (sometimes forgets to put on sunblock) Dave

Ziggy
07-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Boozer, being such a savy person I thought you'd be smarter than that :rolleyes: Of course you'll burn if you go in the sun with your white butt and no previous suntan!
Aloe plant and gels are best but nothing will save ya, its toasted already. Hate the dry, itchy and flakey stage :mad:

totenhosen
07-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Try solarcaine or aloecaine(??? not sure of the name) Both are for soothing minor burns.

izquik72
07-28-2003, 01:05 PM
aloe vera w/ lidocaine works well for me it looks like aloevera but is blue. It gets the burn out better. still a chance of peeling. My grandmother told me they used to use vinegar just for the burn to get the red out. I have still yet to try that anybody else ever heard of that?

Sun burners
07-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Yes they do even I got SUN BURNED this weekend!

AquaBoogie
07-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Rub a little tiger balm on you balls. You'll forget all about your sun burn.

Boozer
07-28-2003, 02:15 PM
AquaBoogie:
Rub a little tiger balm on you balls. You'll forget all about your sun burn. I imagine that'd have the same effect as beating off with Ben Gay.

Mullet
07-28-2003, 02:52 PM
Boozer:
Don't they suck. Decided it was time to get rid of the farmer tan and get the chest and back as well as upper arms tanned. Big mistake on my part. My shirt feels like sand paper rubbing on my skin. What do you guys use to take the burn out? I been using Aloe gel but it seems like that stuff actually causes me to peel more. Im red headed and fairskined......
the first thing you have to do is cool the burn. Take a bag of ice and put it on the hot spots. Also take real asprin. My dermatoligist advised me that real aspirin has natural healing qualities in it that help with sunburns.
Now give me 5 stars damn it!

*NAPALM*
07-28-2003, 03:35 PM
yeah a cold icy vinegar bath works for a little bit but what i do is take a vinegar bath cold as a motherf***er whipe on some witchhazel with cotton balls then, like someone else said put aloe in the freeze it works for a bit but you will be hurtin for a few days my last burn was via tahoe goddamn that was one hell of a water reflection burn good times.

future boater
07-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Mullet:
Now give me 5 stars damn it! i gave you a fiver.......

Boozer
07-28-2003, 03:43 PM
So did I. Now where's my five for starting what has turned into such an informative topic.

JetBoatRich
07-28-2003, 04:41 PM
izquik72:
My grandmother told me they used to use vinegar just for the burn to get the red out. I have still yet to try that anybody else ever heard of that? My grandmother told us the same thing, used it plenty of times and it really works. You smell bad, but it works eek!

Mullet
07-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the 5's...Im feeling the love.

Essex502
07-29-2003, 06:04 AM
Actually, you should use sun block whenever on the water or snow. Water and snow are both very good reflectors of UV radiation which is what is burning the skin. Always wear sunglasses when on the water or snow. Altitude does affect the intensity of the UV radiation as the air is thinner. Use a minimum SPF 15 sunblock at all times.
Tans are cool but skin cancer can kill you.

MagicMtnDan
07-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Hey Boozer, after reading your other thread I thought maybe you tried BenGay on your sunburn eek! :D
j/k

Whole Lotta Nothin'
07-29-2003, 06:12 AM
I've heard vinegar too. Haven't actually tried it, but I'm told it works very well.