PDA

View Full Version : Texas land

Hotcrusader76
10-13-2003, 03:16 AM
I've been searching for some land this past month and I plan to buy in January (1 hour North of San Antonio). Quite possibly thinking about building and moving out there in Spring 2005.
This is 17 acres for $34,000 WTF!!! Or in San Diego you can get 900sq/ft for $275,000 hmmmm :rolleyes:
http://www.gailstonerealty.com/land/images/l0005.jpg

Jetty 468
10-13-2003, 04:17 AM
Hotcrusader76:
I've been searching for some land this past month and I plan to buy in January (1 hour North of San Antonio). Quite possibly thinking about building and moving out there in Spring 2005.
This is 17 acres for $34,000 WTF!!! Or in San Diego you can get 900sq/ft for $275,000 hmmmm :rolleyes:
http://www.gailstonerealty.com/land/images/l0005.jpg Bring your ass on out here :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-13-2003, 05:44 AM
the hill country is beautiful!!!! :D Alot of my family is from Kerville. Don't know how they will react to jetboats but there is alot of lakes and rivers within a stones throw of anywhere in the Hill country. Smooth water except for lake Travis
(it's like ya'lls Havasu). Lot's of old people in the hill country very quiet. Good luck and oh yeah it's alot different in Texas than in California. I think you will adjust though.
Omega

Jungle Boy
10-13-2003, 06:59 AM
The wife and I were just down in San Antonio last weekend for the Fleetwood Mac concert. What a nice place that is. The Riverfront park and Alamo were highlights. We had a great time and would return anytime for another visit. :cool:
Sorry to Hijack this thread, but this is a couple of shots from our weekend in San Antonio.
Here's a shot of the Riverfront walk.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259Pa040059-med.jpg
Alamo, Me and the little woman.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/259Pa050063-med.jpg
[ October 13, 2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

Hotcrusader76
10-13-2003, 02:06 PM
OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
the hill country is beautiful!!!! :D Alot of my family is from Kerville. Don't know how they will react to jetboats but there is alot of lakes and rivers within a stones throw of anywhere in the Hill country. Smooth water except for lake Travis
(it's like ya'lls Havasu). Lot's of old people in the hill country very quiet. Good luck and oh yeah it's alot different in Texas than in California. I think you will adjust though.
Omega OMJ,
I went to High School in Bandera and grew up in Medina which is why I have this love for the area. I'll have to drag Randy and the Miss out there for a BBQ sometime. My sister lives in Brookeshire (*sp).
We will be moving to Kerrville sometime early Spring 2005 if not late fall 2004. This picture is a shot of the Tarpley area. Nonetheless I love the Hill Country, awesome lakes, great river cayaking, and some of the best brisket I've ever had!
This winter time will be our time to scout for a good location for TPC Racing. The land is cheap and the zoning is very very forgiving :D on what you do with it. Hell Bandera Downs race track is forsale right now for 1.5 million, not that the Hill Country needs a 9th Dirt oval track...LOL
I sure can't wait. I'll post pictures as the time moves on. Meanwhile I need to gear up for SoCal's 2004 Spring/Summer season.
~Ty
[ October 13, 2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Hotcrusader76 ]

Hotcrusader76
10-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Jetty 468:
Hotcrusader76:
http://www.gailstonerealty.com/land/images/l0005.jpg Bring your ass on out here :D Kevin....ya best have a cold keg waiting for me :D

78Eliminator
10-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Hotcrusader76:
Or in San Diego you can get 900sq/ft for $275,000 Good luck even finding that!!!! My 900sq/ft shit box just appraised at 300,000...
Justin

Hotcrusader76
10-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Just sold mine for $280k

Jetty 468
10-13-2003, 02:17 PM
I get down there from time to time ,if you make it I will look you up and buy you a cold one :D

Hotcrusader76
10-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Jetty 468:
I get down there from time to time ,if you make it I will look you up and buy you a cold one :D If ya need help carrying that cold one let me know. :D

78Eliminator
10-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Hotcrusader76:
Just sold mine for $280k So are you living in your truck!!!!! wink

ROZ
10-13-2003, 02:21 PM
78Eliminator:
Hotcrusader76:
Or in San Diego you can get 900sq/ft for $275,000 Good luck even finding that!!!! My 900sq/ft shit box just appraised at 300,000...
Justin Yup mine appraised high too...We got a 380,000 appraisal..AND the lady said she did it conservatively! lol.. bought in in the 170's :cool:

Ferris Bueller
10-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Hotcrusader76:
http://www.gailstonerealty.com/land/images/l0005.jpg In San Diego that 900 sqft will be worth 400k in 3 years while your 17 acres in Texas will be worth 34,000.......if your lucky!

BlownCole
10-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Damn double post
[ October 13, 2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: BlownCole ]

BlownCole
10-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Ferris Bueller:
Hotcrusader76:
http://www.gailstonerealty.com/land/images/l0005.jpg In San Diego that 900 sqft will be worth 400k in 3 years while your 17 acres in Texas will be worth 34,000.......if your lucky! It could go up the the S.A. area is growing.
If you need any concrete on your land or fill dirt I have a nephew in that area that can hook you up.
Oh and welcome back :D

Hotcrusader76
10-13-2003, 02:43 PM
BlownCole:
Ferris Bueller:
Hotcrusader76:
http://www.gailstonerealty.com/land/images/l0005.jpg In San Diego that 900 sqft will be worth 400k in 3 years while your 17 acres in Texas will be worth 34,000.......if your lucky! It could go up the the S.A. area is growing.
If you need any concrete on your land or fill dirt I have a nephew in that area that can hook you up.
Oh and welcome back :D Thanks BlownCole. I will note your address on my database. My father builds custom homes out there in SA. He will be building the shop and house for me at near cost of course, but I will pass on the information to him for an additional lead.
You know those SuperIntendants, they have there own subcontractors and can be quite weird about using someone else..lol...
With regards to the worth of the land? If it was only worth $2 dollars even 20 years from now, I would still be happier than the San Diego's shoebox living at $500k per sq/ft :D Ya have to just live the Hill Country to understand what I'm talking about; excellent hunting, fishing, streams/rivers, clear water lakes, no teeth (damn how'd that get in there :D ), and no one to complain about popping rounds off at 3AM in the morning :D
and yes....I will be taking my California hottie out there with me aka"G-String_Jaime" :D

SoCalOffshore
10-13-2003, 04:29 PM
Tell me about the weather, in both summer and winter. How much rain annually? Humidity and bugs? I am just curious.

johnboy
10-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Hot Crusader it is god's country, just make sure you got your water squared away, I haven't heard anything in a while (few years) but there was legislation in place to restrict drilling on the Edwards Aquafier. Just something to check on..By the way did you know Robert Earl Keene or any of the music artist out of Bandera?
Glad you are moving back to Texas, while I am not in the Hill Country I get there as often as possible last weekend we camped on the Brazos.
Johnboy

Hotcrusader76
10-14-2003, 07:01 AM
SoCalOffshore:
Tell me about the weather, in both summer and winter. How much rain annually? Humidity and bugs? I am just curious. Well let's see....Hotter then AZ in the summer, colder than AK in the winter, mosquitos are random but the bats keep them away (doesn't beat Michigan though!), Rains when it feels like it, humidity when you don't expect it, and Northerns' when you really don't want them.
I really miss pluggin in the ole diesel at night to keep the block warm...Funny thing is my 5.3 Chevy has a block warmer too...LMAO...in San Diego...LMAO...
Don't get me wrong, I love CA...matter of fact I was born in Moreno Valley, CA when it was called Sunny Mead so the SoCal thing is in my blood, but TX was introduced at a young age for me and has been my blood ever since. I've also got family in NewPort, Anahiem Hills, and Riverside (909 :D ).
Nonetheless I've lived it all....lived in WA state (whidbey island for two years), Tennessee for 2 years, and Kuwait for 3 years total (Military traveler)...LOL....
When we get the place set up and going I'll invite everyone out for a good BBQ/Party...Texas style.
Damn....this thing is turning into a bio of Ty :D TMI

Hotcrusader76
10-14-2003, 07:04 AM
johnboy:
Hot Crusader it is god's country, just make sure you got your water squared away, I haven't heard anything in a while (few years) but there was legislation in place to restrict drilling on the Edwards Aquafier. Just something to check on..By the way did you know Robert Earl Keene or any of the music artist out of Bandera?
Glad you are moving back to Texas, while I am not in the Hill Country I get there as often as possible last weekend we camped on the Brazos.
Johnboy I know alot of "Robert Earls" and "Bobby Joes"....and "JTs", "JCs", and even "WBs"....but not "Keene"..hmmm. I went to Bandera High when I was in Medina.
I won't be back in Texas until early spring 2005 or depending on events that take place over here. If wait anymore time I will need to buy another place over here in SD...rent is so darn high yer better of buying :D

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-14-2003, 08:40 AM
Hotcrusader76:
SoCalOffshore:
Tell me about the weather, in both summer and winter. How much rain annually? Humidity and bugs? I am just curious. Well let's see....Hotter then AZ in the summer, colder than AK in the winter, mosquitos are random but the bats keep them away (doesn't beat Michigan though!), Rains when it feels like it, humidity when you don't expect it, and Northerns' when you really don't want them.
I really miss pluggin in the ole diesel at night to keep the block warm...Funny thing is my 5.3 Chevy has a block warmer too...LMAO...in San Diego...LMAO...
Don't get me wrong, I love CA...matter of fact I was born in Moreno Valley, CA when it was called Sunny Mead so the SoCal thing is in my blood, but TX was introduced at a young age for me and has been my blood ever since. I've also got family in NewPort, Anahiem Hills, and Riverside (909 :D ).
Nonetheless I've lived it all....lived in WA state (whidbey island for two years), Tennessee for 2 years, and Kuwait for 3 years total (Military traveler)...LOL....
When we get the place set up and going I'll invite everyone out for a good BBQ/Party...Texas style.
Damn....this thing is turning into a bio of Ty :D TMI I better get an invite to this BBQ..... :D my grandad actually lives in Ingram almost to Hunt off of hwy. 39 right on the guadalupe river. awesome spring fed river that is like 70^F in the summer. Don't worry about 'g-string jamie' she will fit right in as soon as she learns how to use a sidearm and look for snakes in the morning wink the hill country rocks......the weather is much less humid there then it is here in Houston. I try to get up there as much as possible. been thinking about dragging my 'shitbox' up to the river and trying it out. talk about glass.....seriously though drop me a line next time you are out and we will welocome you TEXAS style.....has Jamie ever been to Texas??? gonna be a heck of an adustment from Cali that's for sure.
Omega

Hotcrusader76
10-14-2003, 02:34 PM
Jaime lived in Dallas for a little while and loved it...so if she loved Dallas then San Antonio is childs play in comparison...LMAO...
We'll be out there during Xmas through New Years. I've got to meet with a few people down in Victoria with regards to some Oval dirt race tracks but I'll have to give ya a call when I'm in the area.
Yeah...LMAO..she needs to learn how to shoot...But first she's learning how to drag the sled right now for NJBA. Yupp...she's gonna be driving...(here's my theory...."If she falls in love with the NJBA, then maybe just maybe we can get something going for Central Texas") We'll see....
~Ty