PDA

View Full Version : whats the story

Raskal
01-18-2003, 09:25 PM
who`s boat. jawdrop http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/dsc_159.JPG can you say opps

JetBoatRich
01-18-2003, 09:30 PM
That's not good? :( b

Infomaniac
01-18-2003, 09:32 PM
At least the drive was trimmed up

superdave013
01-18-2003, 09:34 PM
Think that's a warranty problem?? :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:
[ January 18, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Jordy
01-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah, one of those "Everything BUT parts and labor" warranty. :D

Wet Dream
01-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Infomaniac:
At least the drive was trimmed up Or was it forced up?

JetBoatRich
01-18-2003, 10:07 PM
What do you think she is thinking?

01-18-2003, 10:48 PM
JetBoatRich:
What do you think she is thinking? "What am I going to tell him when he gets back from the can, Do you think he'll be pissed? :mad: cry

Havasu Hangin'
01-18-2003, 10:50 PM
JetBoatRich:
What do you think she is thinking? "I hate Lake Perris..."

MOPAR2YA
01-18-2003, 11:13 PM
uuhhhhh :confused:

Mandelon
01-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Damnit, I knew I shouldn't have washed those bunks with Ivory Liquid!

NMlakerat
01-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Ouch :mad: I told her to wait until I said to go.
No seriously how many of our wife's and or girl friends f**ked up the boat or trailer loading.
"honey I want to try i now i can do it".. and as always it turns in to a disaster Or another one in my case some idiot trying to load next to you and tries to load his boat in to yours :mad: argue

master13
01-18-2003, 11:59 PM
I was there not much damage at all this was a well built boat,PERIOD.

NMlakerat
01-19-2003, 12:03 AM
how many of you guys had a few beers and say what he hell i will let her drive and something happen or watching them try to back down a ramp and it only took 30 times in forward and thirty in reverse to get the trailer wet enough. not to bag on the gals but I have seen some stupid sh*t happen at the ramp. I watched a lady and her husband yelling at each other. the wife was driving the motorhome the husband was launching the boat she jumped out of the motor home and told him to f**ken do it himself leaving it in reverse those motor homes can float for a few minutes. I guess you had to be there. eek!

WILD LAVEY
01-19-2003, 12:09 AM
master13:
I was there not much damage at all this was a well built boat,PERIOD. master was this your boat?

NMlakerat
01-19-2003, 12:23 AM
morning to ya wild lavey notced anything that needs to be corrected or did she come out tit's

master13
01-19-2003, 12:41 AM
no this was not my boat, but I got to know the owners and they are getting it fixed, the damage was very minimal.

WILD LAVEY
01-19-2003, 12:48 AM
NMlakerat:
morning to ya wild lavey notced anything that needs to be corrected or did she come out tit's whats up lakerat. there are a few minor things, nothing worth mentioning about. im just being pain. as far as the boats performance, it exceeded my expectations. awesome performance. btw did you see the ocean run pics. its over at riverracerx forum under performance boats / shockwave.

WILD LAVEY
01-19-2003, 12:49 AM
master13:
no this was not my boat, but I got to know the owners and they are getting it fixed, the damage was very minimal. thats good to know that it only had minimal damage. that was a pretty nice looking boat. dont know what i would do if i did that to mine.

bordsmnj
01-19-2003, 12:57 AM
hey master13, i talked to the guy that did that today(yesterday now)over at the dealers. were you there?just curious.

Ian
01-19-2003, 01:47 AM
No seriously how many of our wife's and or girl friends f**ked up the boat or trailer loading.
"honey I want to try i now i can do it".. and as always it turns in to a disaster Or another one in my case some idiot trying to load next to you and tries to load his boat in to yours
I agree with you, I have seen some funny arguments between couples at the launch ramp, but I can tell you this; my mom can back a trailer in and put a boat on a trailer as good as anyone I've met. I guess that's what makes here unique, on the other hand my girlfriend hasn't tried yet, I'll let you know how that goes argue jawdrop

Dick Gozinya
01-19-2003, 06:33 AM
I've long been an advocate of IQ tests prior to selling someone a boat.
If they fall in the dull normal range, make em rack store em. :p

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 08:14 AM
Shouldn't just bag on women for the trailer duties. I remember once a buddy of mine said no problem I did it a million times. It was one of the funniest things a ever saw, it took him 20 minutes to get the trailer down, we were at Castaic and he started at the top when the water was real low and did not have a clue. It's been 20 years, he has gotten better. But always like to bring that over a few beers. wink

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 08:21 AM
Yeah.. anybody can make a mistake ...... but what happened to the boat at the top of the page ! ? Do we ever find out ! :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Moomawnster:
Yeah.. anybody can make a mistake ...... but what happened to the boat at the top of the page ! ? Do we ever find out ! :rolleyes: How did they get it on the trailer?
Did a bunch of people lift the back end, pull the trailer out and float it back out?
What did they do?

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 08:30 AM
I wanna know why it came off in the first place ! eek!

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 08:31 AM
Moomawnster:
I wanna know why it came off in the first place ! eek! Gravity :o

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 08:41 AM
idea I think I am starting to grasp the "gravity " of the situation ! :rolleyes:

Jordy
01-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Dick Gozinya:
I've long been an advocate of IQ tests prior to selling someone a boat.
If they fall in the dull normal range, make em rack store em. :p I think they sell them PWC's, not boats, if they fall in that range or below. :D

Windy
01-19-2003, 09:08 AM
NMlakerat:
JetBoatRich:
Shouldn't just bag on women for the trailer duties. Thank you Rich...some of us know what were doing.

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 09:13 AM
No probelm MissHBjet,
It only took two trips out before my wife mastered it. I'm sure you great at it

Infomaniac
01-19-2003, 09:14 AM
Gravity and fancy foot work on the brakes?

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Infomaniac:
Gravity and fancy foot work on the brakes? It takes practice to launch it like they did or DUMB LUCK

missboatnam1
01-19-2003, 10:02 AM
hey at least she tryed.....and the boats ok, mayne a little backing up lesson is in order here. wink

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 10:05 AM
OK .... Assuming this was at launch ....who unhooked the boat ? Hmmm ... if it's being retrieved , same question ! Hey I forgot to hook up once but the boat stayed put ......scared me when I found it though ! eek!

Her454
01-19-2003, 10:39 AM
I'll bet her husband was making her nervous and screamed at her to STOP, and she did...... wink

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 10:42 AM
Her454:
I'll bet her husband was making her nervous and screamed at her to STOP, and she did...... wink But .... did she unhook the boat ! wink

Her454
01-19-2003, 10:50 AM
On the flip side of this, I could post some pics in HER defense of the stupid crap I've captured on film over the years at the ramp....by the men... wink Thank God my mom taught me how to drive and back a trailer. :D

HBjet
01-19-2003, 10:57 AM
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/dsc_159.JPG
"Hey, Hold my beer and watch this" Oop's!
That sucks. What kind of boat is that? Force? AfterShock? Maybe we can get some OP6 members to go jump on the bow while we call a tow truck!
HBjet :D

JustMVG
01-19-2003, 12:16 PM
The boat is an AfterShock, i was amazed that there wasn't alot of damage. See ya Mike VG

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 12:25 PM
What lesson did everyone learn here? :o

Moomawnster
01-19-2003, 12:37 PM
I must have missed something .... I don't understand why she is getting the blame . I can only guess that people actually launch by unhooking the boat and hitting the brakes at the water line ?...... WTF! If this is the case I have no sympathy at all..... eek!
[ January 19, 2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Moomawnster ]

ACCEPTENCE
01-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Her454:
I'll bet her husband was making her nervous and screamed at her to STOP, and she did...... wink This I got a problem with!!!!! What does the girlfriend have to be nervous about!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Usually on a crowded ramp the dude is acting like ego maniac, drunkin, dickhead and he's frustreted cuz he's not the coolist cat on the ramp. So there he is screamin and yellin at her so he doesen't look like the moron. Mind you this is girl he loves so much, whoop, whoop, whoop that he has just humiliated in front of the world. And he thinks he's the cool cat??? I think not!!! What a jackass!!!! :mad: :mad:
Just once, just once I would love to see the girl walk up to the dude...BUST HIM RIGHT ACROSS TEETH WITH A 2X4 AND WALK AWAY!!!!!!!!
She could come stand behind me after and he would stand there looking like jackass!!!!!
That would be justice... :D :D :D

missboatnam1
01-19-2003, 02:20 PM
right on acceptance!! your a good man!!
it so true men get so pissed and yell, and make the whole thing ten times harder wink .....

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 02:25 PM
missboatnam1:
right on acceptance!! your a good man!!
it so true men get so pissed and yell, and make the whole thing ten times harder wink ..... Only the jerks

rude235
01-19-2003, 03:05 PM
i too have seen some idiots just screaming at there better halves at the boat dock. but not all are like that. my wife does a great job of loading our boat back on the trailer. so what was the story with this one, how did it come off of the trailer and how did they get it back on????

Her454
01-19-2003, 03:08 PM
ACCEPTENCE:
Usually on a crowded ramp the dude is acting like ego maniac, drunkin, dickhead. So there he is screamin and yellin at her so he doesen't look like the moron. Mind you this is girl he loves so much, whoop, whoop, whoop that he has just humiliated in front of the world.
There is a reason I posted what I said..the above is a perfect example. I also boat with alot of couples, and most of the wives will NOT back the trailer up much less even park it, however I've noticed when we have a girls day out, they have no problem backing mine down. Think its because they're not nervous or feel like they're on the spot? AND, Im not bashing on the men either, its just an observation. :D

JetBoatRich
01-19-2003, 03:12 PM
rude235:
i too have seen some idiots just screaming at there better halves at the boat dock. but not all are like that. my wife does a great job of loading our boat back on the trailer. so what was the story with this one, how did it come off of the trailer and how did they get it back on???? Yes How?????

Seadog
01-20-2003, 07:06 AM
For those that didn't see the other thread in Hot Boats, it was a demo ride and the dealer unhook the straps too early.
Why anyone would blame the wife/girlfriend is beyond me. My wife is better at backinga boat in than the majority of the idiots out there that think they know how to do it. Of course your average gal out there cannot drive a honda without taking up more room than three semis, but that is poor training and too easy licensing requirements.

Her454
01-20-2003, 08:07 AM
Seadog:
Of course your average gal out there cannot drive a honda without taking up more room than three semis, but that is poor training and too easy licensing requirements. Maybe in Oklahoma.....

Seadog
01-20-2003, 09:26 AM
Its a universal problem. Its a simple problem of too many gals driving that think a car is a mobile phone or beauty parlor. Next in line is the idiot men that think a car is a mobile office.

HammerDown
01-20-2003, 09:30 AM
So very true...and still to this day my favorite bumper sticker reads.."Hang the F**K UP and Drive"

carreraelite
01-20-2003, 09:30 AM
I think the main problem is everybody driving agressively with the watchout for me attitude!!

Seadog
01-20-2003, 01:05 PM
Running errands on my lunch break today, I had a car and a SUV almost create an accident. Both driven by girls. The car was tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic. How can a small car get up on the rear of a pickup and see what is going on? The SUV pulled out of Arby's and went diagonal across five lanes of traffic to go into another eatery's lot. They are given a new car by Daddy and they think that being cute and flirty will get them out of anything. I personally would like to see a proper driver training program established. Teach them how to drive and react to situations. burningm

Her454
01-20-2003, 01:38 PM
Seadog:
They are given a new car by Daddy and they think that being cute and flirty will get them out of anything. I personally would like to see a proper driver training program established. Teach them how to drive and react to situations. burningm burningm Thanks for the stereotype, but Daddy didnt buy all of us our cars. I'd match my driving record/reactions to any male thats teaching this "training program". burningm

carreraelite
01-20-2003, 01:42 PM
I don't think it can be put on one sex or the other.I've seen both do some things that weren't cool!!
[ January 20, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: carreraelite ]

Seadog
01-21-2003, 01:33 PM
I had a major long response the the accusations of sexism, but decided to not place it here. Saying that more women than men are lousy drivers is not stereotyping. All I was saying is that the attitude of so many of these piss poor drivers is that of Daddy's little princess. The two go hand in hand.
We as a society should be more involved in teaching base values to our children. Good driving skills do not just happen, it is a reflection on what we are taught. sleeping
[ January 21, 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

JetBoatRich
01-21-2003, 02:25 PM
carreraelite:
I don't think it can be put on one sex or the other.I've seen both do some things that weren't cool!! not cool at all

Cheyenne 572
01-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Whoop's missed the water!!!!! Just keep pushing it back sooner or later it will float.Later
Cheyenne 572

RandyH
01-21-2003, 04:37 PM
One time I unplugged my Surge brake from the truck and it has that Reverse interlock. It takes several feet of reverse before the surge locked up. Bahmmm. It hits hard. I wonder if the combination of the Brakes locking up and having the bow eye unhooked caused this. Dry Bunks shouldn't be that bad.

VillainDave
01-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Some times you shouldn't slam on the breaks while backing it in!

NEW 2 RIVER
01-22-2003, 12:34 AM
Is that what happens if I keep yelling at the wife at the ramp :D

JetBoatRich
01-22-2003, 04:30 AM
NEW 2 RIVER:
Is that what happens if I keep yelling at the wife at the ramp :D DON'T YELL eek!