PDA

View Full Version : Big River

RLW
08-15-2002, 04:28 PM
Anyone get to the Big River Area?

djdtpr
08-15-2002, 06:14 PM
My dad ownes the doc restraunt there at big river but we never go up there the river is to narrow and i dont like rocks.We like to stay on a sand bar and rarely go down river its to hard to float up river with broke boat and there arent any up river from there but othere than that its nice.

RLW
08-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Been going to the Dock for years. Your dad just took over. We were in there 2 weeks ago.

djdtpr
08-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Ya they just bought it about 6 months ago and i think they are allready tired of it never a days rest.next time your in there his name is jim tell him i said that u got a free beer on me,tell him to bill me :D

Sandbar Mike
08-16-2002, 06:20 AM
I've had a few beer with your dad,I met your mom (I Think) last time we were down. She was cooking up a storm. Jim's a good guy. Tell him Mike said high.
I originally met him in Jaunary wi'll doing some fishing down at the park. We have a cool pad at big river, but can't launch, Bravo doesn't like the rocks. 20min to Havasu Springs.

Johnwithjm
08-16-2002, 06:29 AM
We eat lunch there all the time good food. Rocks are not a problem if you know the river

RLW
08-16-2002, 09:42 AM
Have a place on the water at Blue Water Lagoon. When the water is up at 11:00, rocks are not a problem except when wife trys to dry dock in the middle of a rock bar with her Sea-Doo

djdtpr
08-16-2002, 10:33 AM
Sandbar Mike:
I've had a few beer with your dad,I met your mom (I Think) last time we were down. She was cooking up a storm. Jim's a good guy. Tell him Mike said high.
I originally met him in Jaunary wi'll doing some fishing down at the park. We have a cool pad at big river, but can't launch, Bravo doesn't like the rocks. 20min to Havasu Springs.Ya he is a great guy he would give the shirt off his back ill tell u said hi.
Iwas only there first thing in the morning it was a little to scary for me i dont mind sand just not rocks.

squirts
08-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Been going there since the late 70s. If you know where to run on the river. I think the best part is its Always got glass somewhere on the water and its not patroled like the WILD SIDE that much I still call it home. As for the dock its had more owners than I can count.

Kwicherbichen
08-19-2002, 04:04 AM
Johnwithjm:
We eat lunch there all the time good food. Rocks are not a problem if you know the riverJohn, is that the place we had lunch at? I wish I'd know about the beer thing before we went...haha :D