PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU NEED GEL/FIBERGLASS WORK DONE I SUGGEST YOU LET HAVASUBARNEY TAKE A LOOK AT

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Well, I wanted to reserve judgement until I took the boat in to HavasuBarney--by the way RD--thanks for suggesting him. He will get me taken care of.
[ June 07, 2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Eric455
06-03-2003, 03:07 PM
glad everything is okay. see everyone @ OP6C
eric
[ June 07, 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Eric455 ]

NeoBurn
06-03-2003, 03:20 PM
The beggining of another soap opera, any one here that can chime in on just what the sellers responsibilities are when a bill of sale says "AS IS?" I am curious cause I had to dump 5k into my boat that a purchased to get it turn key. I just wrote it off as a lemon and a learning experience, god forbid something happened to my family or friend that rode in it when it was messed up. That's why I don't take the kids in a boat during break in stages.

miller19j
06-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Where was the crack/hole? Did you look at the bottom of the boat before buying? I know that some small stuff can be hidden by the trailer bunks but a hole that big should have been visible.
Sorry to hear about your problems. But in all fairness I think that you should give Eric455 a chance to make it right.

Ziggy
06-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Used Boat=Chances of problems with it. Less cost initially, no warranty.
New Boat= Chances of problems with it. Cost big bucks, full warranty.
This is a personal issue between you two guys and not the WWW. argue

hack job
06-03-2003, 04:15 PM
Eric455:
see ya @ OP6C stop by have a beer or two.
eric by the sound of things he will not be attending op6c that is lame if what he said was turen and iam not saying it is or isnt but i find it funny how things like that wouldnt be said and if you knew you have one hell of a liabillty suit coming. frown

Frosty_pop
06-03-2003, 04:23 PM
"turn key" doesn't mean a thing!! I bought my boat from a guy that told me it had only 30 hrs on a fresh rebuilt and he had just put $3k into the pump in rebuild and mods. Well being new to jet world, I knew no better. We got 4 trips out of the motor before she blew. On taking it apart, found it to be a junk yard car motor...the pistons didn't even match in size. And as for the jet...... took it apart and found I was the first to be in there.. all stock and worn out... Guess it goes to show, gotta know what to look for. BTW. I sued the guy that sold it to me..ended up getting the boat for the cost of my repairs.

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eric455:
[QB] EVERYONE PLEASE BE AWARE!!!!
[ June 03, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

78Eliminator
06-03-2003, 04:56 PM
HD, just to give Eric the benefit of the doubt: How long had Eric owned the boat? If he had owned the boat a signifigant amount of time, chances are he knew about it but you can't say for sure. Was the silicone clear and new looking or was it old and foggy?
You could actually take a piece of the silicone to be analyzed if it came down to you wanting to get your money back. If the silicone shows and age that fits into the time he owned the boat, it's a slam dunk. He would also owe you money on all the reapir work you've done.
If not, then you owe Eric an apology.
[ June 03, 2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Boozer
06-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Personally I don't know who I'd be more afraid to do business with at this point.
From what I can see Eric has been pretty stand up but I am not dealing with this situation forst hand so I can't make a judgement based on what I have read. HD you are not conducting yourself in a professional manner whatsoever so that makes me question your character just as much if not more then Eric's.
With all that aside the only thing I can recomend is that at this point the two of you get together whether by telephone in person or email and handle this matter like adults. Not having a bash fest in a public internet forum.
Continuing to make personal attacks on one another is only going to lead to more frustration on both of your parts. If it lead to one of you beating the crap out of the other yor personal attacks on this board could be used as evidence against you in a court of law. At least in some states. These posts could also effect the credibility of both of you if this were to become a civil law matter which in actuality it is.
This forum is in no way a place to settle a civil matter. If it's really that big of deal HD take Eric to court and make him pay for the repairs you made unaware of.
If you think making personal threats towards someone is going to make others take your side you might want to take a step back and really look at the situation.

78Eliminator
06-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Boozer:
This forum is in no way a place to settle a civil matter. If it's really that big of deal HD take Eric to court and make him pay for the repairs you made unaware of.I agree. I went down this road a while back and I wish I hadn't. Wait until all the facts are clear. I think this is a good place to discuss things like how great Rex Marine is or how bad another parts place is, but the personal business should be kept off line until you know the facts. After that, then you can warn people as a public service.

78Eliminator
06-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Besides, read your signature: "Sometimes you have to say what the ****"
Well, you bought a boat with a crack in the bottom: "what the ****"

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 05:14 PM
He offered today and I accepted. Based on this I have to say he is a stand up guy. This should be the final say on this topic and I hope everyone reads it completely. He main concern was for the safety of the people in the boat as mine was. Not necessarily the cost of the repair.
Maybe others on these boards should read this and see how you solve problems and don't let the drama continue.
[ June 03, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 05:19 PM
78Eliminator:
Besides, read your signature: "Sometimes you have to say what the ****"
Well, you bought a boat with a crack in the bottom: "what the ****" Justin---don't think that WTF means...Ahhhh what the ****. It means WTF?! Anyhow, it is settled.

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Ziggy:
Used Boat=Chances of problems with it. Less cost initially, no warranty.
New Boat= Chances of problems with it. Cost big bucks, full warranty.
This is a personal issue between you two guys and not the WWW. argue I happen to have both Ziggy.

DogHouse
06-03-2003, 05:32 PM
What's this, the "kinder and gentler" RD??? :D

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Boozer:
Personally I don't know who I'd be more afraid to do business with at this point.
From what I can see Eric has been pretty stand up but I am not dealing with this situation forst hand so I can't make a judgement based on what I have read. HD you are not conducting yourself in a professional manner whatsoever so that makes me question your character just as much if not more then Eric's.
With all that aside the only thing I can recomend is that at this point the two of you get together whether by telephone in person or email and handle this matter like adults. Not having a bash fest in a public internet forum.
Continuing to make personal attacks on one another is only going to lead to more frustration on both of your parts. If it lead to one of you beating the crap out of the other yor personal attacks on this board could be used as evidence against you in a court of law. At least in some states. These posts could also effect the credibility of both of you if this were to become a civil law matter which in actuality it is.
This forum is in no way a place to settle a civil matter. If it's really that big of deal HD take Eric to court and make him pay for the repairs you made unaware of.
If you think making personal threats towards someone is going to make others take your side you might want to take a step back and really look at the situation. Whatever Boozer. You are entitled to your comments as it was posted in a public forum. I don't see how anything I could have been taken as a threat. I don't play like that. There has never been any talk of a civil matter even being considered. I happen to know a little bit about business as I have owned my own sucessful business for 18 years in a service industry dealing with corporate accounts. I have taken a step back after talking with Eric and consider it finished between him and I and nothing else will ever be said on the subject except that after his offer and my acceptance I consider ERIC455 a standup guy.

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 05:40 PM
RiverDave:
Ah jesus.. I just saw this thread for the first time...
I'm not even going to bother with the symantecs of trying to smooth the situation over. If either one of ya causes any problems at OP6 I'm going to have the crowd hog tie yer asses with a ski rope and feed ya beer until the least of yer concerns is the other guy, and the foremost of your concerns is going to be trying to hold onto the ground that's spinning beneath ya. :D
RD RD---I am sitting here LOL as I read your post. There is no problem between Eric455 and me. It is solved. Not only that I will have enough pretty women on my boat that whatever problems I may have will not be apparent :D :D ...at least to me as I will be the one spinning without any help....

Eric455
06-03-2003, 05:42 PM
RiverDave:
I'm not even going to bother with the symantecs of trying to smooth the situation over. If either one of ya causes any problems at OP6 I'm going to have the crowd hog tie yer asses with a ski rope and feed ya beer until the least of yer concerns is the other guy, and the foremost of your concerns is going to be trying to hold onto the ground that's spinning beneath ya. :D
RD wow dave impresive. i was acually waiting for a ring and their's dave cussing the shit out of me. nawww dawg... dont worry!!! its all cool. you dont have to woory about a thing remember i was the one asking you what should be done incase of an fight! you said keep it down low and mellow it out. i'm sure it that you didnt tell me to **** em up. so dont woory its all cool. aight foooo..
eric"can't get enought of pissing dave off"455 :D
P.S. i'll have a cold patron waiting for you in my boat.

JetBoatRich
06-03-2003, 05:45 PM
RiverDave:
RD They will not have any problems RD, At least I don't see that kind of character in Eric and it will get settled.
Buying used boats is not the easiest thing to do, not sure I would bring it out until I got no response from the seller.
Good luck to both of you :confused:

Eric455
06-03-2003, 05:54 PM
HEHEHEHE.. dave its okay with me if the girls do it. please not ur friend. "you know" the big guy. no him please.... the girls maybe the guys forget it.
rich hit it right on the target bud. you wont see that side of me, "i dont have that kind of a side" trust me.
eric

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hd&boatrider:
[QB] Well, I wanted to reserve judgement until I took the boat in to HavasuBarney--by the way RD--thanks for suggesting him. He will get me taken care of.
Another case solved in the HB hood...lol

NorCal Gameshow
06-03-2003, 06:59 PM
damn, i feel like i just walked into the last five minutes of a movie

JetBoatRich
06-03-2003, 07:00 PM
There was nothing to see anyways :D

NorCal Gameshow
06-03-2003, 07:03 PM
JetBoatRich:
There was nothing to see anyways :D i was getting the idea it was a lot like the first movie. i hope it's not a trilogy :D

JetBoatRich
06-03-2003, 07:13 PM
I don't think they want to come and make another sequel wink

disco_charger
06-03-2003, 07:31 PM
OK, as a rider on the boat when it started to sink, I feel obligated to comment. The biggest surprise to come out of this is...River Dave went to college? What, like beautician school? :D

Jrocket
06-03-2003, 07:42 PM
disco_charger:
The biggest surprise to come out of this is...River Dave went to college? What, like beautician school? :D NO silly,he was a fitness instructor!!! :D

disco_charger
06-03-2003, 08:01 PM
Jrocket:
disco_charger:
The biggest surprise to come out of this is...River Dave went to college? What, like beautician school? :D NO silly,he was a fitness instructor!!! :D Now that's just mean! Why would you make fun of RD like that! wink My money is still on Beautician School. :D

hd&boatrider
06-03-2003, 08:31 PM
norcal spectra:
damn, i feel like i just walked into the last five minutes of a movie LOL....Well, you saw the last part and that was the best. At least as far as I am concerned.
I just feel if there is some negative shit going around and it gets resolved you should edit the posts and remove it from the HB site. That way people don't keep throwing gasoline on the fire. I am sure there is a fireman on this board that would agree with that :)

moneypit
06-03-2003, 10:10 PM
A boat is a Boat.....The first thing i ever look at when buying a boat is the hull...I will look for holes.. stress cracks, or any damage. The engine and drive are next..If you don't its your fault. If there are things that can actually not make the boat perform like you would expect. DONT buy it. Yes! "as is where is" It sucks, but its there to protect the seller, not the buying. If the seller knowingly sells something that he knows has a problem and doesnt disclose it to the buyer, he or she is at fault. You need to be able to prove it.
Sounds like Judge Judy will have her hands full.

clownpuncher
06-04-2003, 01:50 AM
hd&boatrider:
norcal spectra:
damn, i feel like i just walked into the last five minutes of a movie LOL....Well, you saw the last part and that was the best. At least as far as I am concerned.
I just feel if there is some negative shit going around and it gets resolved you should edit the posts and remove it from the HB site. That way people don't keep throwing gasoline on the fire. I am sure there is a fireman on this board that would agree with that :) Yup!!

clownpuncher
06-04-2003, 01:53 AM
Dont' know why I'm up so late. Beer, I guess.

HavasuBarney
06-07-2003, 11:50 AM
I guess I'm kinda late joining in on this thread.
HD picked up his boat this morning. I had sent him pictures but he was unable to view them, so here they are.
I missed most of what was said on this thread but I do have a couple thoughts on it. I have spoken with both HD and Eric, both really cool guys AND both really accountable to our little community here. I think this group help resolve a situation that, had the purchase been outside this group, could have been ugly.
I would be happy to do business with either one of them.
I think the moral of the story is that, doing business within our community carries benefits and remedies that you won't find many places. A credit to everyone here. :)
All is well that ends well.
Pictures (http://www.havasubarney.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.pl?s=3ee233e30958ffff&act=ST&f=44&t=152&st=0)

jlnorthrup122
06-07-2003, 12:15 PM
kinda looks like a seam that just plain rotted out that sucks I could be wrong though.
[ June 07, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: jlnorthrup122 ]

PipesClean
06-07-2003, 12:38 PM
and Barney waves his 'Wand' again!!! :D :D :D

mickeyfinn
06-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Okay,
I guess this thread is over but I agree with several of you who don't think this thread should have started until now. To start slamming someone before you have the facts is just going to make the other guy pissed off and reduce the chance you will come to an agreeable settlement and almost eliminates the chance that you will ever be sociable to one another afterwards. IMHO what should have happened here was you should have spoken with Eric first. It sounds like this didn't happen. Based on what Eric has said here (Have to give folks the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise)He would have paid for the repairs if he had known about the damage. Once the two of you had reached the settlement would have been a GREAT TIME to post and tell everyone what a standup person Eric was, afterall the boat was sold as-is and if he was unaware of the damage there is no responsibility on his part to pay anything.
KUDOS to Eric for doing the right thing even if it wasn't the cheapest way out for him.
If buying from someone on this board makes you feel more comfortable than buying from someone you have never heard from then it seems that that same comfort would have prompted you to have a little more faith in the first place.

Eric455
06-07-2003, 04:25 PM
HavasuBarney:
HD picked up his boat this morning. I had sent him pictures but he was unable to view them, so here they are.
I missed most of what was said on this thread but I do have a couple thoughts on it. I have spoken with both HD and Eric, both really cool guys AND both really accountable to our little community here. I think this group help resolve a situation that, had the purchase been outside this group, could have been ugly.
I think the moral of the story is that, doing business within our community carries benefits and remedies that you won't find many places. A credit to everyone here. :)
Pictures (http://www.havasubarney.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.pl?s=3ee233e30958ffff&act=ST&f=44&t=152&st=0) the pics should explain it all!!! and this is the same exact reason wy i'm paying for the repairs. "CUZ I DIDNT KNOW"
eric

hd&boatrider
06-07-2003, 06:49 PM
mickeyfinn:
Okay,
I guess this thread is over but I agree with several of you who don't think this thread should have started until now. To start slamming someone before you have the facts is just going to make the other guy pissed off and reduce the chance you will come to an agreeable settlement and almost eliminates the chance that you will ever be sociable to one another afterwards. IMHO what should have happened here was you should have spoken with Eric first. It sounds like this didn't happen. Based on what Eric has said here (Have to give folks the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise)He would have paid for the repairs if he had known about the damage. Once the two of you had reached the settlement would have been a GREAT TIME to post and tell everyone what a standup person Eric was, afterall the boat was sold as-is and if he was unaware of the damage there is no responsibility on his part to pay anything.
KUDOS to Eric for doing the right thing even if it wasn't the cheapest way out for him.
If buying from someone on this board makes you feel more comfortable than buying from someone you have never heard from then it seems that that same comfort would have prompted you to have a little more faith in the first place. Mickeyfinn--You don't know the whole story and it really doesn't matter except for the fact that this is settled and both Eric and myself are fine with how it all worked out and by the way how it played out. I went public and that is why you are entitled to your opinion even if I disagree with it. Eric and I are the one with the facts and they have been shared. Can we now put this to bed as a happy ending please?

hd&boatrider
06-07-2003, 07:03 PM
HavasuBarney:
Pictures (http://www.havasubarney.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.pl?s=3ee233e30958ffff&act=ST&f=44&t=152&st=0) Thanks HB...I agree with you 100%. I will have to look at the pics when I get back home to CA. Took the boat out today and met up with DiscoCharger and Mrs DC in Needles and the boat ran great. No problems and it really is looking very clean. Getting a lot of comments and questions about it. I am happy to refer HB to anyone that needs gelcoat repair. When I dropped the boat off he did not have room for it. He made a few phone calls and made arrangements to have the boat put in a private garage in the S end of LHC. I call that service people. This allowed me to go back to BHC and take out the Commander for a few days and not have to worry about the Southwind. The work he did looks great and I appreciate the extra effort he took to secure my trailer bunks. Do business with HB and you will be happy. Thanks again HB. Hope to see you on the river soon. Beers are on me.

JetBoatRich
06-07-2003, 07:08 PM
WOW, I know first hand Eric is one of best people you can know. First of all by knowing him and talking with him the last 8 months or so he has been a stand up guy!
Today I was kinda down about some problems on my boat and Eric called me last night and said we will get it fixed in the morning. True to his word at 9am he was on his way :D and we sure did and will be on the water tomorrow :cool: .
Stand-Up GUY yes he is, thanks Eric.

Eric455
06-07-2003, 08:19 PM
JetBoatRich:
WOW, I know first hand Eric is one of best people you can know. First of all by knowing him and talking with him the last 8 months or so he has been a stand up guy!
Today I was kinda down about some problems on my boat and Eric called me last night and said we will get it fixed in the morning. True to his word at 9am he was on his way :D and we sure did and will be on the water tomorrow :cool: .
Stand-Up GUY yes he is, thanks Eric. anytime rich you know it. hey how was the wedding? hope ya had fun. did you get hat seat in secure? charge ur battery and see ya in the moring.
thanx again
eric