PDA

View Full Version : Dana Marine Products

hd&boatrider
07-17-2003, 11:45 AM
I needed some new cup holders in the boat. Seems the current ones have a defect that causes them to fly out at high speed...lol Anyhow, I called Commander and they don't have them sitting around. Called Dana Products and I was about 3 minutes away from their facility in Corona. Went by and they had the ones I wanted. I did not know you could go by there and pick up stuff from them so I thought I would pass it along. They assured me that these are not defective...hehe We shall see

Dave C
07-17-2003, 11:49 AM
glue them suckers down..... you don't want to spill your beer because that is alcohol abuse. wink

hd&boatrider
07-17-2003, 11:51 AM
Dave C:
glue them suckers down..... you don't want to spill your beer because that is alcohol abuse. wink They don't come out when beer/drinks are in them. Seems the defect only occurs when the are empty.
By the way...always get the oversized ones so your cooler cup fits...

Dave C
07-17-2003, 11:51 AM
I just got some blue swim steps from those guys. They are really nice. The billet ones with the rubber inserts so I don't slip fall and "spill my beer".
Plus Tom hooked me up w/ some powerdercoated pieces to "hide" the old holes that don't line up w/ the new ones.

hd&boatrider
07-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Dave C:
glue them suckers down..... you don't want to spill your beer because that is alcohol abuse. wink I would not suggest gluing them down because they make great hiding spots for stuff...if you know what I mean :cool:

Dave C
07-17-2003, 11:53 AM
that makes sense. But you can't be too careful when it comes to your beer..... I for one don't want to have party foul points deducted from my score.
"cooler cup"... spoken like a true professional. Excellent advice though.... gracias.

hd&boatrider
07-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Dave C:
I just got some blue swim steps from those guys. They are really nice. The billet ones with the rubber inserts so I don't slip fall and "spill my beer".
Plus Tom hooked me up w/ some powerdercoated pieces to "hide" the old holes that don't line up w/ the new ones. I have a little video of my Southwind going down the river and want it as my avatar...can you help me out? Yours looks pretty cool and I did not know a moving avatar could be added.

Dave C
07-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Oh yaaaaa....... wink
that is where I hide my stash .... of bibles......

Dave C
07-17-2003, 11:57 AM
thats not my avatar. I stole it off the web somewhere.
I am trying to figure out how to download video to my computer now. Haven't got it down yet though. Then the problem of converting it to an avatar?!?.... no clue.
Sorry

hd&boatrider
07-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Dave C:
thats not my avatar. I stole it off the web somewhere.
I am trying to figure out how to download video to my computer now. Haven't got it down yet though. Then the problem of converting it to an avatar?!?.... no clue.
Sorry Thanks anyhow.....

Boozer
07-17-2003, 12:08 PM
You need to convert the video to a .gif file. .GIF is several frames of images compiled to make an animated file. I have no idea how to convert a file to .gif

Dave C
07-17-2003, 12:50 PM
ah ha. thanks boozer, I will try it if my damn video ever makes it to my computer.

Desert Rat
07-17-2003, 01:15 PM
I had Dana install a ski pole that attaches to the front of the engine and comes up thru the engine hatch. VERY clean installation. Got the rope up out of the water for my young one. :D

TrojanDan
07-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Has anyone had Dana install their hydraulic hatch lifter uppers? and how much for labor? I didn't know Dana did installs. My snail pace electric hatch opener isn't cutting it anymore.

MagicMtnDan
07-17-2003, 01:33 PM
TrojanDan:
Has anyone had Dana install their hydraulic hatch lifter uppers? and how much for labor? I didn't know Dana did installs. My snail pace electric hatch opener isn't cutting it anymore. On a new boat, boat makers I've talked to want $1500 for a pair of Dana scissors hinges. Don't know about that price - that's over and above their standard hinges installed price.
Of course on the spendier boats the hinges are included :D

Waldo
07-17-2003, 01:39 PM
I was just looking at their website to purchase the billet ones. @ 10 bucks a pop, I think I'll replace my cracking plastic ones.

Jbb
07-17-2003, 01:42 PM
I have a set on my Edge.
They are pretty expensive,but they work like a champ!!
They open that heavy ass hatch in just a few seconds....Make sure,however where they mount to the hatch there is enough reinforcement because when they open it is very fast.I put a 1/4 inch aluminum doubler where mine mounted and a alumimnum angle where it mounts to the boat opening!
http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-45-76508-DSCF0059.JPG

Waldo
07-17-2003, 01:42 PM
If you click on the link below...does anyone know what the "pc" stands for in the color choices? Is it powder coat?
Dana Billet Cup Holders (http://www.danamarineproducts.com/store.cfm?CatId=5&group_id=2&CFID=808587&CFTOKEN=30793076)

hd&boatrider
07-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Waldo:
If you click on the link below...does anyone know what the "pc" stands for in the color choices? Is it powder coat?
Dana Billet Cup Holders (http://www.danamarineproducts.com/store.cfm?CatId=5&group_id=2&CFID=808587&CFTOKEN=30793076) They told me all of there cup holder are powder coated now.

Steamin' Rice
07-17-2003, 01:55 PM
I have the Dana hinges on my boat and they are awesome...
Trojan Dan, you better get them for El Chingon.... :D

Cs19
07-17-2003, 05:06 PM
i miked out the size of a coors light in a cool cup and rex has on that fits it nice and snug. i did more research on this than any other part on my boat. :D as you know ,a bud light is fatter than a silver bullet and one of those bud lights in a cool cup will not fit in my cup holder! truly custom. they have 2 sizes i got the smaller ones.

hd&boatrider
07-17-2003, 05:59 PM
cs19:
i miked out the size of a coors light in a cool cup and rex has on that fits it nice and snug. i did more research on this than any other part on my boat. :D as you know ,a bud light is fatter than a silver bullet and one of those bud lights in a cool cup will not fit in my cup holder! truly custom. they have 2 sizes i got the smaller ones. Why am I not surprised...lol A CL drinker has the smaller one...hehe

Rexone
07-18-2003, 01:02 AM
TrojanDan:
Has anyone had Dana install their hydraulic hatch lifter uppers? and how much for labor? I didn't know Dana did installs. My snail pace electric hatch opener isn't cutting it anymore. The Dana hinges work great. We also make an accelerator box for a standard actuator (if you don't want to step up for the Dana hinges) that up to doubles the speed of the traditional linear actuator. Here's a link to the accellerator box. (http://www.rexmar.com/page53.html)

HOOTER SLED-
07-18-2003, 06:47 AM
I replaced all my hardware with Dana stuff. They were way cool to deal with. I even had them powdercoat my existing vents to match. Their vent cover holes didn't line up right. I was being anal and didn't want to drill anymore holes in the boat. Everything looks pretty bitchen. All I have left are the fuel fills and some hinges(they're hidden under my bimini anyways) to go. All this small shit adds up $$$$$. Well worth it though. Looks good. I highly recommend Dana hardware.
HOOTER