PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Schiada!!!

RiverToysJas
09-23-2002, 06:22 PM
What's with the bird and flower graphics on that Schiada in their Hot Boat ad (Oct. issue pg. 69)? Even in the interior! Is that to show that they'll do anything for money? :) Part of their "sportsmen's series" maybe! :D
For the record, I really think that Schiada makes a great boat! Just those graphics have bothered me for some time so I thought I'd get a little talk going about it.
RTJas :D

schiada96
09-23-2002, 07:23 PM
It's not a bird it's a seahorse. I know I'm laser cutting some speakergrills for them now. I haven't seen the new hb mag yet so I have not seen the boat.
Jeff
[ September 23, 2002, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: schiada96 ]

RiverToysJas
09-23-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm pretty sure this is a bird. It's right on the nose and the wings spread 1/3 of the way back on the side of the boat. below the wings are grass and flowers, like the bird is coming in for a landing over the grassy marsh. It's quite a sight!

funkcity
09-23-2002, 10:56 PM
I cannot imagine what prompted them to do this.
Flowers! Flowers on the side of their new boats!
On an Eliminator or a Florida go-fast but not on a Schiada, a make that always showcased a refined, classy, elegant, high-performance motif. The quintessential Porsche of ***boats does not need the hopelessly trendy graphics. Flowers?..Flowers!
Len must be rolling over in his grave.
:confused:

RiverToysJas
09-24-2002, 02:43 PM
RiverDave:
Jason, when the customer comes in and drops a briefcase full of money off.. well the customer gets what he wants. wink
RDAnd was it the customer that forced them to showcase it in their ad, on the pages of Hot Boat boat??? Maybe, it could have been, but doubt it.
I have NO problem with them doing what the customer wants, but they don't have to enjoy it.

hack job
09-24-2002, 03:01 PM
iam pretty sure that there emblum is a sea horse! ask dave (superdave) he would know! or jordy!

RiverToysJas
09-24-2002, 03:23 PM
hack job:
iam pretty sure that there emblum is a sea horse! ask dave (superdave) he would know! or jordy!We're talking about the graphics on a particular boat. Not their emblem.

Jordy
09-24-2002, 04:24 PM
That would most certainly be flowers, grass perhaps and a bird with swept back wings from the bow back.... interesting. Perhaps they could have painted a bear or some prairie dogs in there too, cause that would have been real nice... LOL. It's a sweet boat, just a bit on the "cosmetically challenged" side.
Jordy :D

Jordy
09-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Upon closer inspection, it looks like they did the interior to match... Ugh...
Jordy :D

Horsepowerchik
09-24-2002, 05:20 PM
I must agree, I understand giving the customer what he wants. But to put that thing in print, the judgement is questionable. Then again, Its just my opinion...Some certain people had to like it in order for them to put it in the Mag.
HPCHIK