PDA

View Full Version : mc to retire

hack job
12-24-2002, 12:13 PM
http://www.supercross.com/feature.php?id=284
i found this and thought it was funny! wink :D
dont like the guys style of riding( can bumb but cant be bumbed) ,so i though to my self if he had spent more time riding than on his boat at havazoo then he might not have been as bad last year! :D
oh well anther one fades in to nothing!

boatnam2
12-24-2002, 12:38 PM
hack job,mc was the man period there will always be someone faster and stronger. at least he was the best at something for more than 10 years in a sport were you usally are only the best for a few.now there is carmichal and in 2 years bubba will make him look slow.

Fufu Queen
12-24-2002, 01:57 PM
MC...your are the weakest link!!.....Good Bye!!! :p

rivercrazy
12-24-2002, 02:35 PM
Huh?
He's only one of best riders to ever through a leg over a bike. His record speaks for itself!
I'm not saying he's my favorite rider (I always liked Bradshaw), but he was untouchable for many years!)
Hey Fuf! How ya been! :D

woodster
12-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Are u smokin crack hackjob????? MC dominated supercross for 10 years.. The guy is 31 years old now. What else does he have to prove? Man u need to quit smokin that stuff dude ;)Also ive always wondered why do u put ! after every sentence u type? just wondering
[ December 24, 2002, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: woodster ]

hack job
12-24-2002, 03:29 PM
woodster:
Are u smokin crack hackjob????? MC dominated supercross for 10 years.. The guy is 31 years old now. What else does he have to prove? Man u need to quit smokin that stuff dude ;)Also ive always wondered why do u put ! after every sentence u type? just wondering i like to sound like iam yelling!
get the point!
as for mc he was in the right place at the right time! nothing more.
any how there have been many other quailty riders that have not retired that rode when he rode and still can keep up there positon in the standings! any how its just my opion that he is a big baby. i dont like riders that dont do moto and supercross.
he cant take real rideing. every time he throws cheep stuff and some one returns it he complains at the end of that race that he was wronged in some way.
:D argue :D

hack job
12-24-2002, 03:32 PM
and i know he used to ride both moto and super but after i think 1995 he stoped.
[ December 24, 2002, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: hack job ]

Jrocket
12-24-2002, 04:02 PM
Well I think he did the right move.If your not happy at what you do then you cant put 100% effort into it!
A friend of mine does buissness and endorsements with Jeremy.I wouldnt believe he was quitting if I didnt hear it myself straight from the source.That was one weird phone call.Id imagine KTM is not the happiest bunch but what can ya do.They are now looking at a few other riders.
Jeremy is still a one of the best! His past showed it.. :D

boatnam2
12-25-2002, 08:09 AM
we all know bob hannah was the best there ever was.i know we all agree on this.mc was pretty good also,you can say what you want but a lot of kids are getting rich riding motocross because of mc.

woodster
12-25-2002, 10:00 AM
i like to sound like iam yelling!
get the point!
any how there have been many other quailty riders that have not retired that rode when he rode and still can keep up there positon in the standings! any how its just my opion that he is a big baby. i dont like riders that dont do moto and supercross.
he cant take real rideing. every time he throws cheep stuff and some one returns it he complains at the end of that race that he was wronged in some way.
Ok i some what agree with what your saying but still i can think of alot of great riders that were in that era! what about bradshaw, Emig,Larocco,Windham,lusk...i can go on and on! I would agree with that statement even more with carmicheal! Talk about being in the right place at the right time! He moves to 250 class at the end of MC's career and there really isnt anybody else to step up to his level until bubba stewart moves to 250's! IM willing to bet Stewart will dominate just like carmicheal is now when he rides the 250. U ever watch that kid ride?

77charger
12-25-2002, 10:52 AM
he was dominant for a long time and i think his time has passed.I didnt care for him much when he left honda and in my opinion that was the end of his era.

DesertDog
12-25-2002, 07:41 PM
Well,it's a sad day for supercross fans that MC is retiring.In my opinion,nobody's brought such excitement to the sport since Bob "Hurricane"" Hannah.
In his 12 years of racing SX he was champion 9 times,finished 2nd twice,and 3rd once with an unbelievable 72 wins.
To say his era ended years ago or didn't have good competition is plain ignorant.The king of SX deserves the respect of all moto fans.

hack job
12-25-2002, 08:21 PM
woodster:
i like to sound like iam yelling!
get the point!
Ok i some what agree with what your saying but still i can think of alot of great riders that were in that era! what about bradshaw, Emig,Larocco,Windham,lusk...i can go on and on! I would agree with that statement even more with carmicheal! Talk about being in the right place at the right time! He moves to 250 class at the end of MC's career and there really isnt anybody else to step up to his level until bubba stewart moves to 250's! IM willing to bet Stewart will dominate just like carmicheal is now when he rides the 250. U ever watch that kid ride? bubba is fast but he is like pastrana was just like him then he faded in to a top 5 rider when he moved up to the 250s , as for carmichael was in the right place at the right time, he hgas been riding 250s since 1999 . wink :D

woodster
12-25-2002, 09:27 PM
nah man Mc was on the downside of his career when carmicheal moved up to 250's. And stewart is a whole diff breed than pastrana will ever be. Pastrana has to many other things on his plate like freestyle, driving rally cars etc. Stewart is the real deal.come on man give it up for da king!!! wink :p
[ December 25, 2002, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: woodster ]

beached1
12-26-2002, 06:45 AM
I think it's sad because he may not be up to RC's level anymore (gauging from last years results anyway) but he's still in the top 5. To see a KTM on the podium once in a while this year would have been pretty cool. Like him or not, he's the first MX sports figure who is a household name. There are people who don't even follow the sport who know his name and what he does. He brought SX into a the mainstream of American sports.
I'm sure he has his reasons but if I were him, it would be hard to be "The Man" for so long and now have to settle for 2nd or 3rd. I would want to go out on top and not look like a struggling rider in the middle of the pack, past my prime. Someone needs to tell MJ this.
I never liked it when he stopped racing outdoor, but who could blame him? He wasn't the best outdoor racer anyway. Emig was :) This is his job. So, why not negotiate for the most $$ and less work? He was the best in SX, so why not just do what you do best?
Not to mention RC is going to win it all again this year. I hope people will start showing him some appreciation instead of boo's soon. That kid is fast, tough, talented and fast. He's even better outdoors. And he's fast. He doesn't deserve to be booed for just being a good businessman and wanting to win.
Won't be the same without Showtime out there.
frown

fear the turtle
12-26-2002, 07:15 AM
I've always supported the bikes more then a rider(Honda). With that, I've liked MC and hated him. But can't deny that he was the best for a long time and took the sport to another level. I'm kinda of glad he's retiring rather then diminish his legacy anymore. He wasn't coming up to speed in the Euro circuit and he may of struggled just to make the main this year. Best of luck. Any talk that he will keep the team together and just look for new rider? is anyone available?
Other note - Don't underestimate Vuillemin. He was riding hurt for most of last year, but has shown he can pass Ricky. I think Vuillemnin will keep it close and interesting(5-6 wins). But RC is on such an edge right now and even training harder. That I can't see him not winning the Championship this year.......Plus he's on the best bike. :D
I would love to see Lusk come back and win a few this year. He's my favorite regardless of bike he's on.
[ December 26, 2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: fear the turtle ]

boatnam2
12-26-2002, 07:25 AM
pastrana was never no bubba not even close.bubba looked a little shaky at first beacause he was having a hard time staying level headed and not getting to amped and crashed alot.i love to seee pastrana ride but he has never impressed me with with his speed. he won a watered down 125 east a few years ago.i was blown away watching bubba he does everything on a 125 that the 250 guys do in supercross,some things some of the 250 guys wont do.he holds the fastest lap times ever at loretta lynns were carmicael was king.rc better enjoy his time at the top because its not going to last long.

mbrown2
12-26-2002, 09:38 AM
Its kind of sad to see folks kick MC cause is walking away since he can't be at the top of his game...most of the other champs have or should have done the same before they injured themselves out of the game...From Hannah, Marty Smith, Mike Bell, Ward, Rick Johnson, and now MC...They were the fastest and the best for their prime, but a new generation takes over...RC will dominate for a couple years till Stewart steps up and gets under control...then it will be someone else. It is just evolution...If MC was not around for the past 10-12 years injecting the excitement into the sport, then Supercross, would be taking a back seat to Freestyle like BMX racing took a backseat to vert and freestyle riding in the 90's. He took over after Johnson and Ward and took the sport to a whole new level...Also, we can question if there were other experienced riders during his time, but that same question can be posed during periods where Hannah, Johnson, and all the others dominated...When you are on top of the game, all the others don't seem that good...the same way RC is making them look today. Since I grew up watching him, Hannah will always be my man; but I still get enjoyment out of any of these folks that dominate the track year to year...I for one will miss MC.