PDA

View Full Version : Wiring A Hydro

SANGER-RICH
03-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Is there a easy way [pre-fab wire kit] or do you do this one wire at a time?? :220v:

Bt273
03-18-2006, 08:49 PM
It is a hydro,how many wires can there be?

FlatRat
03-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Rich,
getting close huh?Depending on what gauges you run,piece of cake.Just figure out what you will need up front hot,grd,start ect.We put a fuse block under the dash.I built mine out of the boat then ran it under the gunnel all the way back,it was kind of a bitch gettin' in there to mount.The best wiring job is the one that you can't see.Do it clean and right and you won't have any trouble later.Will you have the hydro in the water this year?..Tim :rollside:

Unchained
03-19-2006, 08:14 AM
What works really good for a wiring harness material is a piece of overhead crane festoon cable. They make it in up to 12 conductor / 16 ga and the wires are double insulated, color coded, and numbered.
In the crane business you end up with a lot of pieces up to 20' that are too short to go across a crane bridge.
I've used it several times and it worked real nice. It's flat too so it's easy to tie up against something. Pretty cheap too.
http://www.philatron.com/festoon-cable/festoon.html
There are many brands out there. I've mostly used Duct-O-Wire based in socal and Wisconsin.
There are a couple California guys on the boards here who are in the crane business and I bet they know where some drops are laying around.

mfrey
03-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Come on guy, how many wires do you need? It aint like a SUV with power windows and locks.........It aint that difficult.................MP
Nice response Moneypitt. That' s the true spirit of helping a fellow v-driver out. The boards didn't start out this way but it's getting there more and more.
Anyway...Rich, call me at home. I have my wiring diagram that would be really helpful for you. I can drop it by.
Mike

Maxey
03-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Is there a easy way [pre-fab wire kit] or do you do this one wire at a time?? :220v:
Rich,
I have wired many street rods, boats, and oem repairs/harness replacements. If you like, give me a call, and I can probably walk you through the process.
Dave
831-475-5883

Moneypitt
03-19-2006, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=mfrey]Nice response Moneypitt. That' s the true spirit of helping a fellow v-driver out. The boards didn't start out this way but it's getting there more and more.
Yeah, you're right. I deleted it.............

meaniam
03-20-2006, 09:08 AM
i run digital guages in my flattie and i went to autozone and picked up trailer wiring it has four wire together. it made it clean easy and color coded.