PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day WALLY GEORGE DIED

Kilrtoy
10-07-2003, 10:31 PM
The man on the hot seat died today, That guy was a cult hero in the 80's. He got cable TV going and was the first CRAZY talk show host....

LASERRAY
10-07-2003, 10:36 PM
THAT'S IRONIC. HOWARD STERN PLAYED AND OLD CLIP YESTERDAY DURING THE OPEN OF HE AND MR. GEORGE BERATING EACH OTHER. CLASSIC! WHAT CAUSED HIM TO "EXPIRE"? HIS DAUGHTER REBBECA DE MORNAY IS A HOT PIECE OF ASS BY THE WAY.

RiverToysJas
10-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Rebecca De Mornay's Dad! That's too bad. His show was funny.
RTJas

CA Stu
10-07-2003, 10:40 PM
A tribute:
999- ?????
9 9 9 - ????????
999 - ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ?
CA Stu <-- long time Wally fan
For you poor bastards that don't know, the answer was "FIVE THOUSAND!!!"

NorCal Gameshow
10-07-2003, 10:41 PM
i remember seeing his show a few times, i found this on him(damn, that was a long time ago)
First gained notoriety as the host of an extreme right-wing TV talk show in Orange County, California, who would have assorted "liberals, perverts and left-wing lunatics" on his show and insult them, berate them and then throw them off. He gained even more notoriety when it became known that many of the "guests" on his show were actors who were hired by George and his staff to play the assorted "loonies" (Rhonda Shear, before she became host of "USA Up All Night, " was one of them). In one well-known incident, a young woman who owned an agency that sent strippers to deliver telegrams appeared on his show; he hurled insults and abuse at her, called her a "prostitute" and a "tramp" and threw her off the show. It later turned out that he had asked for her a date before the show started and she turned him down.

dmontzsta
10-07-2003, 11:16 PM
This is bizarre I was just talking about him with a girl at work last night. How I used to get really high and drunk when I was younger and just zone out on his show. Sucks.
RIP Wally!

Trailer Park Casanova
10-08-2003, 05:26 AM
LASERRAY:
WHAT CAUSED HIM TO "EXPIRE"? George had been fighting cancer for the past decade.
He was in a serious car accident a few years back.It was hilarious. He showed up on his show in casts, a black eye, and a califlower face from the accident ranting about the collision.
He had a cancer relapse and died from it a few days ago.
He was astranged from his daughter for years.
I always felt his show was broadcast from his garage and taped with a home video camera.
Loved it.

Essex502
10-08-2003, 05:38 AM
Does anyone remember Wally's appearance on the People's Court show? When Judge Wapner told him to "Shut up, this is my courtroom NOT your TV show"? Very, very funny!
Wally was good entertainment.

MagicMtnDan
10-08-2003, 05:56 AM
Funny to think that a guy like Wally George was kind of a pioneer on TV/radio. His views were a bit far to the right (to put it mildly) but his show was a kick to watch (American flags, patriotism) and his hair was fun all by itself.
His show always reminds me of that cooking show that's filmed down in Orange County (I think) with that old guy (John?) and that younger (than him) woman who is/plays a complete ditz.
These are the kinds of cable TV shows that used to be seen routinely but they're disappearing too fast. RIP Wally

HOOTER SLED-
10-08-2003, 10:02 AM
CA Stu:
A tribute:
999- ?????
9 9 9 - ????????
999 - ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ?
CA Stu <-- long time Wally fan
For you poor bastards that don't know, the answer was "FIVE THOUSAND!!!" 5000!!!!!!!
Damn, I can't believe I remember that.