PDA

View Full Version : Bluewater Network Corporate Donors

Rod-64
08-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Can you believe this?? :mad:
I just got my Sept. issue of Jet Sports magazine and on page 22 there is a little history of the guy who started this tree-hugger deal and one of the larger donors is West Marine!! This is the group that tried to close Lake Mead to 2 strokes....mainly PWC's. I know peeps here hate PWC's but it's been said here before about what the next step is. Another donor listed in the article is Verizon Wireless. So the next time you need an anchor or life vest, you may want to spend your dollars elsewhere if you are not a fan of the Bluewater network.

Havasu Cig
08-20-2003, 03:57 PM
They are also the group sponsoring the new noise regs in Ca.

LaveyJet
08-20-2003, 04:17 PM
I hate that shit, Goddamn fascists. When projects for building new dams or lakes go for public funding, they always stress the public recreation elements. Then it's forgotten. Some tree hugging assholes squirm out from under a rock, think they know what’s best for the rest of us, and try to limit our personal freedoms. Crawl back under your rocks and go to hell burningm Well I’ve vented.

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 04:27 PM
They are proud to say they're out to "promote critical policy changes in government and industry to reduce dependence on fossil fuels and eradicate other root causes of air and water pollution, global warming, and habitat destruction."
If you read that and don't think they'd LOVE to have boats banned from lakes and rivers and sand toys banned from deserts and 4-wheel drive banned from off-roading then you need more education.
We need to work together, act responsibly and help keep others who boat, ride in the desert and run offroad from screwing up so we keep from having tree-hugging backpackers from being the only ones who can go anywhere and enjoy the environment. And don't support anyone who supports these dirt-eaters.
I'm sure they would like nothing better than to have everyone canoeing at Lake Havasu and hiking across Death Valley.
You can read their bile for yourself:Bluewater Network (http://www.bluewaternetwork.org/aboutus.shtml)

carbonmarine
08-20-2003, 04:32 PM
I am writting a letter to West Marine.
And I urge you all to not shop there while in Havasu for that reason.....
And I urge you guy to write a letter too. This organizationis pure EVIL. They have one intent and that is to seriously impact our lives with their eco terrorism bullshit founded on non sunstanciated data points.
They probly wrangled West Marine into donorship via tactics learned from the Rainbow Push Coalition for Jessie Jacksons racist self enrichment.
Yes. These poeple have nothing better to do.
Rick32

twistedpair
08-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Bluewater Network Founder
Russell Long - Founder and Director.
Holding degrees from Harvard (Bachelor of Arts), Columbia (Master of Business Administration), and California Institute of Integral Studies (Ph.D.), Russell is an activist and development ecologist specializing in environmental and public health issues. Russell founded Bluewater Network in 1996. Prior to that, as manager for a fisheries project in Kerala, India, Russell worked with traditional fishers to develop ecologically sustainable craft designs. The environmental problems experienced by the fishers as a result of the United Nations introducing two-stroke outboard engines in India led him to the founding of Bluewater Network. Bluewater's first and ongoing campaign has been to end the tremendous levels of petroleum pollution coming from outboard engines and personal watercraft, which cause 150 million gallons of water pollution per year in the US.
Russell was named one of the 21 most influential people in the marine industry in the 21st century by Boating Industry Magazine in its January 2000 issue. Previously, Russell has established himself as a world-class sailor, having set seven world records (including Guinness) and having been the first person to break the 50 mph barrier in a sailboat. At 24, he was also the youngest skipper ever in the America's Cup, where he collaborated with R.E. "Ted" Turner and introduced corporate sponsorship to the event. He has written articles for most of the world's major sailing magazines, as well as providing color commentary for ABC network's Wide World of Sports.
Russell also spearheaded the successful fight to pass the toughest (at that time) non-smoking legislation in the US in San Francisco. He has collaborated with Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) to develop state-of-the-art, energy-efficient housing in California and has lectured and presented on many environmental, legislative, and public health issues.
SailBoter--- Go Fig. Like was previously stated, dude has nothing better to do.

carbonmarine
08-20-2003, 04:49 PM
I wish Bill Oriely or sean hannity would do a expos'e on these cockraoches and push them out in the open... These groups hide in legisslature as special insterests, they have special access as special intersts and they donate to a powerful few whom can sway votes for or agaist the majority ...
In this case, Its us ... The Mead/Havasu to Blyth & Glamis Going Gang ... That us ...
Lok at the Blue Water site... they have plans for all of us.... should'nt we have a equal plan for them... ??
RIck32

bordsmnj
08-20-2003, 05:02 PM
a plan for them? not one that i can talk about with out explicit four letter words.
**** west marine & verizon.they will not see a dime of mine. :mad: ..and sailor boy too.