PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever buy parts from

Johnwithjm
03-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Anyone ever buy parts from a place in Corona calles Cherrys? No it not that kind of place. Well here is my story. I was in the area working on my boat at a friends shop. Rebuilt the pump and installed it in the boat. I have a place diverter with the plastic lines from the pump to the hydraulic res. So I wanted to put stainless line on for the durabuilty and I like the look of them. So My buddy calls this place Cherrys in Corona at 9 or 10 am who sells the stainless line and all the fitings in a kit. The owner tells my buddy he will have it ready for pickup at 2pm. I go over at 2 and the owener wasn`t there so some other guy tells me the owner is the one who took your order so he will make the lines for you and he steped out for a while. I said ok when do you think I can come back and get the parts the guy said 3pm. OK so 3 rolls around and I call the owner said 3:30 for sure. I go back at 3:45 and the owner say not done yet. I say how long he says two hours.I said what is the big hold up he tells me were busy as he sits at his desk and does nothing. I said forget it and walk out to my truck and the owner follows me out yelling at me asking me what is the problem. I told him why didn`t you just be honest. Oh well not how I would ever treat a customer and I will never buy or recomend that place to anyone.

Kwicherbichen
03-29-2003, 02:07 AM
What a chub! You should have said, "Oh by the way cherry, read Hot Boat forums tonight".

wsuwrhr
03-29-2003, 07:44 AM
G and J Aircraft in Ontario, it is by Patton steel on Sultana. Best guys you will ever meet. They will do lines why you wait. make sure you know the lengths you need when you get there.
Their number is 986-6534
Brian
Brian

Dusty Times
03-29-2003, 10:50 AM
And some people wonder why the business doesn't survive! I would drive an extra hundred miles just to take my business elsewhere. argue

DickDanger
03-29-2003, 11:37 AM
Heres my personal picks....
Would do business with again...
Rex Marine: Excellent to do business with everytime.
D&S Upholstery: Top notch quality, honest, work done BEFORE promised date.
J&J Auto fabrics: Great guys, great products, good prices.
Would NOT do business with...
Eddie Marine: Jerkoffs, products take WAY to long to receive.
Audio Shoppe: Liars, quality of work sucks, owner is a bullshitter. -DD Out
[ March 29, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Johnwithjm
03-29-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info that you guys posted. I will give those guys a call and give them all my business from now on

Rexone
03-29-2003, 05:46 PM
Johnwithjm:
Thanks for the info that you guys posted. I will give those guys a call and give them all my business from now on John if we can ever help you out let me know. We have the entire XRP line and also handle some Cherry all stainless fittings. (yes it can be hard to get).

Johnwithjm
03-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Rexone:
Johnwithjm:
Thanks for the info that you guys posted. I will give those guys a call and give them all my business from now on John if we can ever help you out let me know. We have the entire XRP line and also handle some Cherry all stainless fittings. (yes it can be hard to get). Thanks Rexone The guy helping me out uses this guy because he is close to his shop. I how ever will never use cherry again. Rexone I think we meet at the LA boat show I was the big guy standing across from you at Ultras booth all day.

Rexone
03-29-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw you there but I was only in the booth briefly a few days. Bob, Tom, Jay & John did most the booth time. :) Do you sell some Ultras for John West at your shop? Was just curious.

Johnwithjm
03-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Rexone:
I'm pretty sure I saw you there but I was only in the booth briefly a few days. Bob, Tom, Jay & John did most the booth time. :) Do you sell some Ultras for John West at your shop? Was just curious. I own the molds for the 21 deckboat. John West and Ultra are building the deckboats for there line of boats now. I will be giving you a call soon for parts.
Thanks again John

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Johnwithjm:
...I think we meet at the LA boat show I was the big guy standing across from you at Ultras booth all day. Aren't you the guy with the "jetboat that only goes 90MPH"?
[ March 29, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

Johnwithjm
03-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Johnwithjm:
...I think we meet at the LA boat show I was the big guy standing across from you at Ultras booth all day. Aren't you the guy with the "jetboat that only goes 90MPH"? Yep that is me I hope to do better than that this year. HH didn`t we meet at the LA show oh yeah your were the guy following River Dave around :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2003, 07:16 PM
Johnwithjm:
Yep that is me I hope to do better than that this year...Man...you sandbaggers crack me up. You'll even sandbag a guy who has a 50MPH boat that couldn't care less whether you are going 90MPH or 900MPH...
Johnwithjm:
HH didn`t we meet at the LA show oh yeah your were the guy following River Dave around..Nope, that was RR. I think I saw them holding hands in the DCB booth...
I was the guy with a cocktail in each hand... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy33.gif

Johnwithjm
03-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Johnwithjm:
Yep that is me I hope to do better than that this year...Man...you sandbaggers crack me up. You'll even sandbag a guy who has a 50MPH boat that couldn't care less whether you are going 90MPH or 900MPH...
Johnwithjm:
HH didn`t we meet at the LA show oh yeah your were the guy following River Dave around..Nope, that was RR. I think I saw them holding hands in the DCB booth...
I was the guy with a cocktail in each hand... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy33.gif OK my mistake about the RD thing LOL. Thanks for offering me a cocktail or two or three :D
[ March 29, 2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Johnwithjm ]

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Johnwithjm:
OK my mistake about the RD thing LOL. Thanks for offering me a cocktail or two or three :D Sorry. If I would have offered you one, then I would I would have had to run (50MPH) to the nearest bar (I'm hoping to do better next year).
Those tiny little cups don't last long with a guy my size...
[ March 29, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

Johnwithjm
03-29-2003, 07:42 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Johnwithjm:
OK my mistake about the RD thing LOL. Thanks for offering me a cocktail or two or three :D Sorry. If I would have offered you one, then I would I would have had to run (50MPH) to the nearest bar (I'm hoping to do better next year).
Those tiny little cups don't last long with a guy my size... What a sandbagger you are you said you only run 50 mph :D
[ March 29, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2003, 07:44 PM
Johnwithjm:
What a sandbagger you are you said you only run 50 mph...That's what I said...but I'm hoping to do better next year at LL...

Johnwithjm
03-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Johnwithjm:
What a sandbagger you are you said you only run 50 mph...That's what I said...but I'm hoping to do better next year at LL... HH you have an open invite to come out and party with us Lost Lake guys anytime. Just let me know when

Havasu Hangin'
03-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Johnwithjm:
HH you have an open invite to come out and party with us Lost Lake guys anytime. Just let me know when As long as you guys don't sandbag on your drinking as much as you do on your boating...
...I take my drinking very serious.

Johnwithjm
03-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Havasu Hangin':
Johnwithjm:
HH you have an open invite to come out and party with us Lost Lake guys anytime. Just let me know when As long as you guys don't sandbag on your drinking as much as you do on your boating...
...I take my drinking very serious. You don`t have to worry about sandbagging boating or drinking from me. Just mixed drinks for me I will have no problem keeping up or if you want I can show you the way to the front
[ March 29, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Johnwithjm ]